Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

World map

Thanks to Alexis from simsvip for sharing this! I haven't seen it posted anywhere else!

Comments

• makanivalurmakanivalur Posts: 284 Member
    Wow I wonder what I could do with such a plethora of new lots! /sarcasm
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    So, where's the giant crab statue? In pictures and trailers, they show shops that don't appear in the game, stores that looked great (bakery, photo studio, toy store, clothing store, etc), but none of these are really in the game. The ones on the map don't look as polished as the ones in the trailer. I know there is some embellishment, but come on, the game shops look pathetic. Will the trailer shops be put on the gallery for downloading?
  • Jaysim88Jaysim88 Posts: 1,327 Member
    fatbat21 wrote: »
    Thanks to Alexis from simsvip for sharing this! I haven't seen it posted anywhere else!

Love sims vip and Alexis
  • fatbat21fatbat21 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Jaysim88 wrote: »

Love sims vip and Alexis

She's litterly the best :smile:
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    So, where's the giant crab statue? In pictures and trailers, they show shops that don't appear in the game, stores that looked great (bakery, photo studio, toy store, clothing store, etc), but none of these are really in the game. The ones on the map don't look as polished as the ones in the trailer. I know there is some embellishment, but come on, the game shops look pathetic. Will the trailer shops be put on the gallery for downloading?

I liked the look of the bakery, but I will be bulldozing those shops if that's what comes with the game. The only downside is that right now, I can't practice making any shops for the 20x20 lots. I can for the 20x30 and the 30x40 though.

• luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »

I liked the look of the bakery, but I will be bulldozing those shops if that's what comes with the game. The only downside is that right now, I can't practice making any shops for the 20x20 lots. I can for the 20x30 and the 30x40 though.

Psst.: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/820486/moveable-and-rotatable-lots
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    fullspiral wrote: »

Psst.: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/820486/moveable-and-rotatable-lots

Oh good! I was at work so missed most of the afternoon discussion and topics.
  • Legobatman3609Legobatman3609 Posts: 604 Member
    It is a new town. Freaking knew it. Also, I feel they added way to much lots. Seriously we don't need the town to be overrun with lots, why do we even have 4? 1 would be perfectly fine. My houses aren't full with 4 generations of family members of my legacy.
    E0iRxce.png

Please EA
  • Jaysim88Jaysim88 Posts: 1,327 Member
    edited March 2015
    Jaysim88 wrote: »

Love sims vip and Alexis

She's litterly the best :smile:

Yea i love Alexis and she works hard too for sims vip. Got alot of respect for her even tho ive never meet her. The site is awesome and is the only one i ever check. Id love to know what she does as an actually job tho and how she fits sims vip in. nice voice too :wink:
    I love the fact that now we can place a house on a large lot on to a smaller lot.
  • howsimlishhowsimlish Posts: 709 Member
    The world is actually really beautiful, it's a shame it's so small, I'd love it if EA just expanded this one. I'm not a fan of the swamp scenery though, I'd prefer a new vibe like islands or something. I think EA was gonna add this to WC but they didn't have the time or the ability to do that wasn't available. They have expressed that they would like to add more districts to the already made worlds. In the end, I don't usually play legacies because I love the sims I work so long on, I just can't part with them. So these four lots are okay for me, but I can sympathize with others.
    I'm very curious about the public space for the retail neighbourhood. I hope it doesn't have bbqs and things in the areas. That will not be good for delis and bakeries!
  • DiabolicalSimDiabolicalSim Posts: 108 Member
    Hmm... These worlds or whatever they are seem to be getting smaller and smaller. I thought with time they'd increase in size, have more lots and function better. It feels like a bit of a slap in the face when sim gurus express that they are aware of the communities desire for larger and more customisable worlds. If they know that's what people would love, why not just deliver? Cause they can do so much better than what I just saw.
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    When they had first mentioned Magnolia Promenade. I had pictured it being something like the French Quarter down in New Orleans. But now it looks just like an X-large lot with four separate buildings on it. I was going to have a family move into that empty lot in Magnolia Promenade, but now I'm not so sure. :(
    I'm going to move the library, gym, nightclub and bar to Magnola Promenade and use the 4 lots in Willow Creek and the 4 lots in Oasis Springs for retail stores. Why have 2 gyms, 2 museums, 3 bars, etc and only 4 shops?
    I'm going to move the library, gym, nightclub and bar to Magnola Promenade and use the 4 lots in Willow Creek and the 4 lots in Oasis Springs for retail stores. Why have 2 gyms, 2 museums, 3 bars, etc and only 4 shops?

I haven't had two gyms or museums in my game for a long time. I don't even have a community pool lot any more because I overhauled the OS park and turned it in to my community pool lot.

• ConclueConclue Posts: 2,307 Member
    I don't understand that either... why is MP just some random 4 lots in some random area.

Maybe they have a bigger "plan" for the future of the Sims 4 as it pertains to worlds, towns, districts etc. I also fear the way this is going that we're never going to get CAW which is sad to me because I vowed to learn it in Sims 4 during the Sims 3 days... I had just joined 3 so late into the series it didn't seem worth the time and effort.

I just don't get why MP wasn't added to WC. It looks like it to me, so Im confused.

Just all seems so strange, the world map. I hate it. I loved Sims 2, even if graphically it was messy looking, it was leaps and bounds better than 4. Sims 1 is better than 4. At least in Sims 2 the surrounding world is based on the actual world.

I don't know if I like all these fake decor spots. I'll have to see when I move on to Sims 4, but to me and others - it seems so sloppy.

Like why isn't the hospital, police station and science lab visible? I don't get any of it. Seems like lazy workarounds.

What's Sims 4 budget? For the biggest selling PC game of all time I feel like we're getting plum 🐸🐸🐸🐸! Sorry! I do! This whole era is so OFF. :(
  • RainbowColor1204RainbowColor1204 Posts: 193 Member
    I hope they start expanding worlds soon
  • howsimlishhowsimlish Posts: 709 Member
    The guru's have express at the event and on the forums that they're ' working ' on fixing this issue, so I think we should all just wait and voice how we want future worlds to be. :)
  • Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member

That's a good idea. I never take my Sims to the museum or library, so I will more than likely bulldoze those completely and make them retail shops. I plan to have tons of retail shops in my worlds.
  • fatbat21fatbat21 Posts: 1,527 Member
    I think I will get ride of lots for space for retal but keep in mind that we are getting 3 new careers I would be more upset if it was just open for business
  • Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member

That is an awesome idea. I think I will do that too and put those other stores in the other lots and build my bakery in the world my Sim lives in.

I am sorry but why does the song, "It is a small world after all" keep running through my head. LOL
  • KitOnlyHumanKitOnlyHuman Posts: 2,586 Member
    Hmm... These worlds or whatever they are seem to be getting smaller and smaller. I thought with time they'd increase in size, have more lots and function better. It feels like a bit of a slap in the face when sim gurus express that they are aware of the communities desire for larger and more customisable worlds. If they know that's what people would love, why not just deliver? Cause they can do so much better than what I just saw.

Because they likely created this before they had the feedback. They'd been working on this since 2013 just after the December patch from what I've read. They are aware now and they will attempt to delivery. Give them time. =)