Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Locking Doors?

At the Detective Career Gamplay Trailer we saw that a sim cop "locked"a Sim in Prison. So i want to ask if we will be able to lock doors with the new EP or if it is coming with an update?!

Comments

• luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    We haven't been told anything about this.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • howsimlishhowsimlish Posts: 709 Member
    Yes, we haven't been told anything.

Although my gut tells me it's gonna be the March patch. >:)
  • joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    howsimlish wrote: »
    Yes, we haven't been told anything.

Although my gut tells me it's gonna be the March patch. >:)

I hope your gut is correct :D
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • ShaobunShaobun Posts: 1,155 Member
    fingers crossed
    Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong. ~ Donald Porter
  • xXCupcakeSIMSXxxXCupcakeSIMSXx Posts: 2 New Member
    Hope so
  • greytorrent1greytorrent1 Posts: 80 Member
    Please please please
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    Locking doors came in 1st EP for Sims 3 so very possible
  • Ms_BloomberryMs_Bloomberry Posts: 127 Member
    It is a necessity...without it, private quarters on retail lots will be over-run by retail shoppers
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I think they gave us barrier ropes instead of lockable doors. In the trailer, there is a store that sells crafted items. In the back room, you can see craft benches. At the doorway, there is a barrier rope. I presume this keeps out nonemployees.
  • greytorrent1greytorrent1 Posts: 80 Member
    [quote="Dannydanbo;13410221"]I think they gave us barrier ropes instead of lockable doors. In the trailer, there is a store that sells crafted items. In the back room, you can see craft benches. At the doorway, there is a barrier rope. I presume this keeps out nonemployees.[/quote]

That's not going to keep them from using stairs and going downstairs in the store room though :|

We need locks. Or rottweilers. Or both.
    If you place a barrier rope in front of the stairs, then nonemployees could not go up or down stairs. It may not be a locked door, but if it keeps out the unwanted, then it will have to do until we get lockable doors. Just like at the clubs in sims 3 you had to be a member of to get into.
  • JCsS1MSJCsS1MS Posts: 1,148 Member
    I'm hoping that rope is just a decoration and we get the ability to lock doors properly, with a bunch of different settings.

Only me
    Household Only
    Best Friends
    Romantic Interests
    Everyone
    Select > List of Sims that can be let in
    Maybe we could use the doors from the career venues then only our sim can enter. LOL!
  • Legobatman3609Legobatman3609 Posts: 604 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I think they gave us barrier ropes instead of lockable doors. In the trailer, there is a store that sells crafted items. In the back room, you can see craft benches. At the doorway, there is a barrier rope. I presume this keeps out nonemployees.

Ugh, sounds like the lazy way out of adding locked doors.
    E0iRxce.png

Please EA
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

Ugh, sounds like the lazy way out of adding locked doors.
    I expect nothing less than the lazy way out in the Sims 4. If its to hard its not worth the effort it's the Sims 4 motto.

Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • ShaobunShaobun Posts: 1,155 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    I expect nothing less than the lazy way out in the Sims 4. If its to hard its not worth the effort it's the Sims 4 motto.

Along with "don't improve, remove"
    Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong. ~ Donald Porter
  • JoseffJoseff Posts: 546 Member
    I really hope so, this is something I miss!
  • SimChelle1982SimChelle1982 Posts: 2,666 Member
    I hope they add the locked doors feature. I also hope that they add a custom setting where you can just choose the Sims you want to keep OUT rather than those allowed IN. In TS3, if I only wanted to exclude 1 person, I had to ADD everyone else. It'd be easier to just exclude the 1 or 2 sims who you don't want to grant access. That's a small thing though. I hope I'm making sense because I'm tired and probably babbling. :lol:
    15172699815_7cdb04275d_o.png
  • ConclueConclue Posts: 2,307 Member
    I'm shocked they didn't. I guess Sims won't need breaks? how do you keep Sims from hanging out in employee only area? Surprising to me, shocking actually. That's when "door locks" were first implemented... Sims 2 OFB. LOL
  • Ms_BloomberryMs_Bloomberry Posts: 127 Member
    edited March 2015
    This feature is essential for so many reasons, if customers' needs fall too low, they come in and use my fridge, toilet, shower and computer without asking. :/

Right now we have to move preferred townies in to avoid culling and space is disappearing fast, so I have several row houses on the same lot for different families but sims will constantly wander into their neighbour's houses and sleep on their beds completely ignoring their own house. We need lockable doors and bed assignment :(
  • makanivalurmakanivalur Posts: 284 Member
    Doesn't look good. I just read
    You can place a bed, a private toilet and so on in a private room at your store - but be prepared that your customers will go in there and perform their needs, maybe watch TV or the like on a TV there. You can not lock the door so that only your Sim or selected Sims can go in there - which most players are accustomed to from The Sims 3. (Should be fun to see if this feature is added, as we pointed this out.)

On this site: http://linnjalakas.se/sims-4-dags-att-jobba/

Now I don't speak any Swedish so this is what google translate gave me but it still seems pretty obvious to me. Don't think google could get the essentials that wrong...
  • korvungekorvunge Posts: 1 New Member
    > @makanivalur said:
    > Doesn't look good. I just read
    > You can place a bed, a private toilet and so on in a private room at your store - but be prepared that your customers will go in there and perform their needs, maybe watch TV or the like on a TV there. You can not lock the door so that only your Sim or selected Sims can go in there - which most players are accustomed to from The Sims 3. (Should be fun to see if this feature is added, as we pointed this out.)
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > On this site: linnjalakas(dot)se/sims-4-dags-att-jobba/
    >
    > Now I don't speak any Swedish so this is what google translate gave me but it still seems pretty obvious to me. Don't think google could get the essentials that wrong...

Fun that you found my post!

But yeah, google translate got it right!
    When we asked Azure Bowie about this option, to lock doors, she said is it not available. What she told us is that she gonna talk to the right person who maybe can solve this, but if they really going to add this feature we will only know with any patch!
  • foreverblackforeverblack Posts: 41 Member
    I neeeeeeeeeeeeeed locked doors.
    I like to play apartments and families with grandparents/young adult kids living on the same lots and I really really miss this feature!
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    They could add locks to the jail without adding them anywhere else. I personally wish we had them because my sims go outside to eat on the picnic table. If I had door locks if I wanted them to eat outside I could lock the house doors. If I wanted them to eat inside I could lock them in the house.
  • TakekazeTakekaze Posts: 72 Member
    It's not just for shops. It's also something desperately needed for home lots. Since we can't set the beds to be used by a specific sim only, the only way to keep everyone from sleeping in every bed would be specifically locking doors, which we also can't do.