Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Basements coming in another March Patch Confirmed

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    @WolfEyes, we didn't have adjustable wall heights in TS3. We could manipulate the game to put pools in on the same level as basements, and I don't remember well, but I think we could put pools in basements as well, like this

They may do something new this game though, just as Sims gained the new ability to sit on the edge of the pool with this game.
  • Options
    haituvahaituva Posts: 266 Member
  • Options
    JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    Finally!

A place to dump all the creepy sims in a bear costume. It's where they belong.
  • Options
    WolfEyesWolfEyes Posts: 2,192 Member
    edited March 2015
    greenXen wrote: »
    @WolfEyes, we didn't have adjustable wall heights in TS3. We could manipulate the game to put pools in on the same level as basements, and I don't remember well, but I think we could put pools in basements as well, like this

They may do something new this game though, just as Sims gained the new ability to sit on the edge of the pool with this game.

The wall height adjustment isn't really critical so long as I can put a pool in the basement. Otherwise this particular build will have to remain as is. It was bad enough I couldn't actually build what was supposed to be the third floor since I had to use the ground floor as a mock basement. lol I'm looking forward to see how they have implemented basements!

Thanks for the info!

ETA: I'm also wanting to see them extend the number of floors to at least 4 if not 5 instead of 3. The current limitation of 3 kind of puts a cramp in my style. ;)
    Sims 4 Simple Elegance

152511.gif

This is the truth.
    Mitakuye oyasin.
    To all my relations, keep dancing.
    Believe or you will not see.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I did find this out from SimGuruDaniel: "Basements will not count against the limit of above-ground floors."
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Randomness000Randomness000 Posts: 125 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    I did find this out from SimGuruDaniel: "Basements will not count against the limit of above-ground floors."

Good to hear!
    fGRb4d2.gif
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member

Nice :)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Yeah having the extra space with the basements will help with my households so I can have more bedrooms for my large families.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    WolfEyesWolfEyes Posts: 2,192 Member

That is a plus and a good thing. Sadly, it doesn't help with some of the builds I want to do. For some of the historical recreations I want to do that 4th floor is an absolute must, not counting the roof.

Sims 4 Simple Elegance

152511.gif

This is the truth.
    Mitakuye oyasin.
    To all my relations, keep dancing.
    Believe or you will not see.
  • Options
    WolfEyes wrote: »

That is a plus and a good thing. Sadly, it doesn't help with some of the builds I want to do. For some of the historical recreations I want to do that 4th floor is an absolute must, not counting the roof.
    Four floors would be nice to have. The Sims 3 seemed to have the three floor limit as well. Hopefully when a nightlife type of EP comes out, the limit can be increased a bit so we can build apartments.
  • Options
    AyradyssAyradyss Posts: 910 Member
    @Scobre -- Pretty sure TS3 allowed 5 floors above ground, even when it was first released.

Great to hear we're getting basements -- especially in a free patch! Another of the things I've been wanting checked off the list. :smile:
    Pay for product -- not potential!
  • Options
    Ayradyss wrote: »
    @Scobre -- Pretty sure TS3 allowed 5 floors above ground, even when it was first released.

Great to hear we're getting basements -- especially in a free patch! Another of the things I've been wanting checked off the list. :smile:
    Yeah I wasn't quite sure. I thought it might have been 5 reading some old posts. I can't believe I've forgotten how many floors that game had especially since I played it last year. Thank you for the clarification on that. I'm happy about it too.
  • Options
    libra_stylelibra_style Posts: 1,229 Member
    WolfEyes wrote: »
    I hope it's more than just basements though...

To my way of thinking it stands to reason that they would be including terrain tools (of a sort) if they are giving us basements. It wouldn't make sense to give us basements without terrain tools. Or did they do something different in TS3 from TS2 that I missed and would render terrain tools unneeded for basements? :*

Maybe they'll give terrain blocks....but I hope they do give the builders more tools...at least sunken rooms or something.
  • Options
    libra_stylelibra_style Posts: 1,229 Member
    Mollypup9 wrote: »
    I'm wondering how this is going to work with the adjustable foundations. It will be nice to have them back though. I didn't use them all the time in sims 3 but there were a couple of families that made good use of them.

Omg yes i was wondering that too. I hate the our whole house has to be on foundation....like what if I only wanted foundation in a certain area of my home lol, maybe that's the next surprise too maybe
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    You're seeing things - first floor with dark walls

Nice try.

Basements.

That does NOT say they will be coming anytime soon.

Did you see CLP's first post? Here's the link to a different Tweet:

So sometime between now and end of March -- I'd probably think last Tuesday of the month to coincide with the GTW release as well as to give them plenty of time to work out most of the bugs.

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    Just so everyone remembers, basements were added to the base game of TS3, but you had to build them into foundations, Check page 21 of the TS3 prima guide if no one believes me

Basements were clunky in base game -- you had to use the various terrain tools (like CFE) to get them to work. When WA came out we got the basement tool which made them a lot easier (although a little tricky when using a foundation -- took me a while to get the hang of them).
  • Options
    greenXen wrote: »

We could put both pools and hot tubs in basements; I made a party room with both a pool and a hot tub for wintertime pool parties when Seasons came out. B)

• Options
    bludhoundbludhound Posts: 297 Member
    Nice, but I won't be playing until a CAW tool is released. Can't stand playing the same "worlds" over and over.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    bludhound wrote: »
    Nice, but I won't be playing until a CAW tool is released. Can't stand playing the same "worlds" over and over.
    Same world with ugly purple trees.

Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    This is good news indeed. Thank you for sharing CLP. I just hope we get a basement tool as that made adding basements to existing homes pretty easy. Also, I don't want to see auto foundations eliminated just the option to click them off like auto roofs in S3 you could either use them or not. Sometimes I like that I can just add the foundation after I build the house. It is a great feature. I just wish it would only do it to the existing structure, not the whole lot. Either way, basements is a good thing. If we can't add them to existing homes, I think I will build a small shed out back with a basement to put all that huge stuff.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Thanks for posting this news. But I see in the video it's back to the black abyss with the surrounding ground around the basement. It's all blacked out like in TS3. That's too bad, I was hoping for like in TS2. Oh, well. :/
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member
    Just so everyone remembers, basements were added to the base game of TS3, but you had to build them into foundations, Check page 21 of the TS3 prima guide if no one believes me

Basements were clunky in base game -- you had to use the various terrain tools (like CFE) to get them to work. When WA came out we got the basement tool which made them a lot easier (although a little tricky when using a foundation -- took me a while to get the hang of them).

I love to make basements with the terrain tools and CFE, much better than the basement tool IMO, that I use just very little having the other tools (in TS3 I mean) because in that way I can make semi-basements with windows and doors and stairs to go up/out to the garden/street or get aways for garajes etc. I´m not complainning for the basement, as I said before they are wellcome because they will enhance the game but I really really miss my terrain tools.
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!
  • Options
    katoregamakatoregama Posts: 1,129 Member
    Huzzah. Finally a place to dump all my collectibles.
    Kato, Kato, rhymes with tomato.
    Players: Check out my Sims 4 Room Challenge.
    Devs & Players: Check out my Archaeology Career Idea
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    So, two basement levels, and one more level up. We're doubling our potential floor space per lot!
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    So, two basement levels, and one more level up. We're doubling our potential floor space per lot!

We needed it. Those lots can feel cramped as they are now.