Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• have2admithave2admit Posts: 2,246 Member
    edited March 2015
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #: 14 Operation Homefront
    FORUM ID: have2admit
    ORIGIN ID: have2admit
    LEVEL: Starting out
    LOT: Area 51 Housing. Gallery
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Media
    ENTRY DETAILS: Prototype for military housing requested by Ryan Kavanaugh. $39,992.

SIM: Ryan Kavanaugh
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Media
    ENTRY DETAILS: Ryan is taking a tour of the prototype for military housing he commissioned.

ROOM: Area 52 Housing Area 53 Housing Area 54 Housing
    ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Media
    ENTRY DETAILS: Area 51 Housing done in 3 more exteriors.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC.

03-09-15_6-51nbspPM-2.png
    Post edited by have2admit on
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    ATTENTION STARTING OUT ENTRANTS FOR CHALLENGE #13

Your results are now available here.

GArBA5W.jpg
  • NhicksNhicks Posts: 1,580 Member
    edited March 2015
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

CHALLENGE #14
    FORUM ID:Nhicks
    ORIGIN ID:MzHicks
    LEVEL: Starting Out
    LOT: Memories http://www.thesims.com/gallery/8E52EFFCC75911E48AF6070E3FC20B3A?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=MzHicks&max=25
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://s1296.photobucket.com/user/MzHicks8/slideshow/Memories
    ENTRY DETAILS: Military housing at it's finest! Complete with paint and wallpaper ;)
    39,964 I 20x15 I 2 Bedroom I 1 Bathroom I Crafstmen I Living Room I Dinning Room I Kitchen I
    *I did use MOO and Enlarged Some Items. I also used IGNOREGAMPLAY cheat.

03-10-15_9-58nbspAM-3_zpswspmz1ti.png

SIM: N/A
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: N/A
    ENTRY DETAILS: N/A

ROOM:N/A
    ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: N/A
    ENTRY DETAILS:N/A

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC
    Post edited by Nhicks on
    Find Me In The Gallery! MzHicks #MzHicks
    ~My showcase thread~
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/814744/mzhicks-builds
    How You Liven - A Peek Into YOUR Sims World
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/887032/how-you-liven#latest
    edited March 2015
    ATTENTION ESTABLISHED ENTRANTS FOR CHALLENGE #13

Your results are now available here.

GArBA5W.jpg
  • countrykris1playcountrykris1play Posts: 155 Member
    Suggestions:
    The landscaping you have created looks beautiful and very well done. However, there are still a lot of open spaces outside which could have been filled with more plants, trees, sculptures, activities, etc. Make use of all space available.

Thank you for the comments. I however did not see any comments on my Family. I know I won the Sim part of the challenge but there was nothing said a bought them. No big deal just saying.

As for the comments on the house, the reason there was open unused space is I was going at it like we did for Sims 3 best laid plan challenge. We were only to use up 30x30 space of the 50x50 lot because there will be another part to the challenge.
    Apologies @countrykris1play I have now amended this with comments on your wonderful family :)
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited March 2015
    Wo Yes "The Sims 4: Basements Will Be Free For All"
    http://simsvip.com/2015/03/10/the-sims-4-basements-will-be-free-for-all/
  • kezflakekezflake Posts: 124 Member
    Any rules that it has to be Photobucket, for some reason it throws up an error when I try to sign up. I'm planning to use my own thing with this now.

I built my lot - in fact I built two and can't decided which one to enter - just got to get those photos sorted.

@countrykris1play fantastic news about the basements, this has defiantly been something on my wish list for Sims 4 build.
    @kezflake No it doesn't have to be Photobucket. But that is wired you are getting an error. I have always used Photobucket. Just make sure what ever photo sharing you use that is shared public.

I to have finished my build and like you I did more then one I did like four. Now need to pic one and take my pics.
    Question on the Room Challenge.

Can we also change the windows, doors, and fence's (if used) ?

I would assume that it would be ok as long as the price stays in the 40,000 budget range. Is that right?
  • have2admithave2admit Posts: 2,246 Member

I would assume that it would be ok as long as the price stays in the 40,000 budget range. Is that right?

Uh oh, I thought there was no budget on the room challenge! Also, is it the prototype plus 3 for a total of 4, or 4 added looks?

:)
    @countrykris1play - yes, all exterior trimmings can be changed!
    have2admit wrote: »
    Uh oh, I thought there was no budget on the room challenge! Also, is it the prototype plus 3 for a total of 4, or 4 added looks?
    :)
    @have2admit - we need a total of four exterior choices, so another 3 including your original. As for the budget, yes, you will need to keep inside the original budget for this one (including all interior furniture etc).

GArBA5W.jpg
  • masajomasajo Posts: 5,993 Member
    edited March 2015
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

CHALLENGE #: 14
    FORUM ID: masajo
    ORIGIN ID: Cevans1962
    LEVEL: Expert

LOT: Springmoor

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW:
    http://s1297.photobucket.com/user/masajo2/slideshow/Operation Homefront
    http://s1297.photobucket.com/user/masajo2/library/Operation Homefront

ENTRY DETAILS: Mid-century modern ranch style home for a military family. Small fenced garden at the rear.

SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED if entering - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by or N/A if not entering)
    ENTRY DETAILS:

ROOM: N/A
    ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED if entering - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by or N/A if not entering)
    ENTRY DETAILS:

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC

http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/0D0A0283C9B611E487EBBC070921FC31?category=lots&searchtype=item_name&sortby=newest&time=weekly&searchquery=springmoor&max=25

359580a2-b33c-4874-8c7d-58849077e813_zpsdmheukgg.png

uzE2H1V.jpg
    edited March 2015
    Question the budget is to include the price of the lot right?
    Post edited by countrykris1play on
    edited March 2015
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID: countrykris1play
    ORIGIN ID: LotusCo
    LEVEL: Established

LOT: Cordia-A
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Media
    ENTRY DETAILS: Affordable bungalow, 3 Bedrooms, 1 Bath, nice family room with corner fireplace.Cordia-A-01_zpsvmj091lc.png

SIM: Ryan Kavanagh
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Media
    ENTRY DETAILS: Renaissance Sim (Quick Learner), Self-Assured, Ambitious, and Loves Outdoors

ROOM: Cordia-B , Cordia-C , and Cordia-D
    ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Media
    ENTRY DETAILS: Cordia Units B, C, and D

CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A
    CHEATS USED: bb.moveobjects
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID: kezflake
    ORIGIN ID: elsing2000
    LEVEL: Established

LOT: Build Challenge 14
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Slideshow
    ENTRY DETAILS: Mid Century Modern Ranch (or my interpretation of) suitable for a young family. Built on a 15 x 20 lot with 3 Bed 1 Bath and an open plan living space and outdoor patio space.

1-front-2.jpg

CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: NoCC
    CHEATS USED: bb.moveobjects - Tested all objects and all objects are still accessible
    In my above entry for this challenge I ended up using a slideshow I built myself as photo bucket was just giving me errors. No idea what Mid Century Modern Ranch was before I started this challenge so I researched it and found I recognized the general style from movies and stuff. I ended up building two this is he other version. It was hard to decide between the two so I went with the one with the most gallery downloads.
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

FORUM ID: Karababy52
    ORIGIN ID: Karababy52
    LEVEL: Expert

LOT: Weyerhaeuser Redux

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW:
    http://imgur.com/a/BZ4lf#0

ENTRY DETAILS:

My first ever Mid Century Modern Ranch!

2 bedroom, 1 bath single story home built on a slab as requested by Squadron Leader Ryan Kavanaugh for military housing. Modest landscaping includes built-in planter boxes. Inside features my take on mid century modern ranch color schemes with an open floor plan for the living room, dining room and kitchen. A hallway in the middle of the home affords access to the bathroom, a Master bedroom and gender neutral Kids Bedroom.

Loosely based on a 1961 Mid Century Modern Ranch designed and built by Frederick Weyerhaeuser.

Lot Price: Before Play Test - $39,983 After Play Test - $37,988 (I changed nothing, so I don’t know why it went down so much other than depreciation?)

SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: NA
    ENTRY DETAILS: NA

*NOTE – I’m not entering the Sim Challenge, but I did upload my version of single Dad Squadron Leader Ryan Kavanaugh and his daughter Rebecca if anyone wants them! :)

ROOM: N/A
    ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: NA
    ENTRY DETAILS: NA

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please and thank you!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC, but I did use MOO and ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement cheats.

Qf3hEMm.png
    I was wondering if the results will be posted soon for Challenge #13 Expert category? Or will we not receive any since there was, I believe, only two entries? Just curious... thanks! :)
  • Don_OelloDon_Oello Posts: 269 Member
    edited March 2015
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #:14
    FORUM ID: Don_Oello
    ORIGIN ID: Don_Oello
    LEVEL: Starting Out
    LOT: Unit Semper Fi
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://s283.photobucket.com/user/El_Oello/slideshow/Sims 4 Showcase/BnS 14
    ENTRY DETAILS: it,s great to build a small house, managed to fit in a small garden with a campfire, interior is somewhat clean for a personal touch. price is under 40K

18-3-15_22-37.png[/img]

18-3-15_22-38-3.png

CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: NoCC
    mh0CjH8.png
    Check out my showcase
    Hey @Karababy52, we are still working on the results for #13, we always give feedback, even if there is only one entry :)
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Challenge #14 is now officially closed. Good luck to everyone who entered :)
    GArBA5W.jpg
    @BuildnShare Okay, great. thanks so much for letting me know. :) I'd also like to echo you and say good luck to everyone in this round!
  • Issabella14Issabella14 Posts: 1,656 Member
    edited March 2015
    Thanks @Karababy52, you too :)
    Re-Use and Recycle

“Dear?” Rose’s voice inquires over your intercom. Her dog had recently had a litter of puppies. And ever since Rose had been feeling sentimental. “One of the puppies is missing.”

With a smile, you turn away from where you are playing with one of the wandering puppies. “I know. He’s in here with me. I think I need to adopt him.”

“Absolutely. In the mean time your next client, Ms. Bloodclaw, is here.”

“Okay. Send Ms. Bloodclaw in.” You giggle as you nudge the puppy with your foot and watch him attack said foot. The scratches in the shoe are totally worth it. It's the sound of high heels clipping briskly along the hallway that reminds you it's time to get your game face on. Quickly you scoop the puppy into your lap and scoot under your desk. Just in time. The door opens and in walks a woman with a direct gaze and a regal air.

Thick, wavy hair of raven black is scooped back from a beautiful face. Green eyes the color of priceless emeralds smolder in a pale face over a pair of blood red lips. With a change of costume, she would easily be a perfect model for any vampire or gothic novel. Instead, however, she wore a perfectly tailored business suit that could only be described as a power suit. She held out a perfectly manicured hand and smiled. “Jade Bloodclaw, Bloodclaw Industries.”

You’ve heard of Bloodclaw Industries. 5 years ago it was a failing company with investors bailing out like rats on a sinking ship. Then it was reacquired by the company founder’s daughter. Now it was soaring rapidly north through the Fortune 500. And the company CEO, the woman who now sat across from you, was being featured on the cover of Sims magazine. She couldn’t be more than 30 if that.

You smile quickly, and exchange a firm, brisk handshake with her. “Its nice to meet you. Please have a seat.”

“Thank you. I appreciate your being able to meet me so quickly.” She crosses her legs and smoothes the sleek skirt in a habitual gesture. “I’ve heard so many good things about you and your work I thought you would have a waiting list.”

“We pride ourselves on completing our work quickly.”

“So I’ve heard. I have to admit though, what decided me was hearing one particular client of yours sing your praises.”

“Oh?” You inquire, trying not to grit your teeth as the puppy on your lap suddenly decides that the hand holding him was a chew toy.

“Douglas Curtis is not a man easily distracted from…” She pauses, reconsidering her words, “His personal concerns.” You can hear what she didn’t say: that Douglas Curtis wasn’t easily distracted from his ego.

“You know him?” You’re a bit surprised. She didn’t appear to you to handle the egotistical easily. You free your hand from the puppy.

“My company has consulted with him in the past in various endeavors.” She rolls her eyes, still smiling. “So when he was so quick to give you praise, I decided to bring this intriguing challenge to you.”

“I’m very interested to hear about this challenge,” You assure her, trying to catch the puppy before he wiggles his way off your lap.

“Good. Though I have a question first.”

“Yes?”

“Whats on your lap? Puppy or kitten?” She grins at you, making you laugh.

“One of Rose’s puppies. Sorry.” You scoot back a little and show her.

“Not at all.” She holds out her hands and takes the puppy, playing with him on her lap as she speaks. “Bloodclaw Industries has a wide variety of interest from cybernetics to fashion to shipping. Recently I acquired a shipping company to bolster the shipping aspect of things. Since the plan is to use it primarily for moving company assets, I’m left with a number of large steel containers. I don’t want them to go to waste in some dockyard or in some landfill. That’s not efficient or healthy for the environment.

“It was a friend of mine, Erica, who suggested using them for housing. A kind of eco-friendly house. So I thought I would put the challenge before you. I want to give you 4 steel containers. You convert them into a house, in any style or formation you want. This is a prototype. If it comes out like I expect it to, it will be the first of many. You have 25,000 for the interior, including things like windows and stairs. Though this is a prototype, I want prospective buyers to feel like this could be their home. Also, an appealing location, to lure those who might be put off by living in reused shipping containers.”

“That goes without saying. Will two weeks be fine?”

“Yes.” She checks her watch, “I’m afraid I must go.” Jade hands you a business card, “If you have any more questions. Please let me know.” She also hands the puppy back, “Thank you for seeing me.”

After she leaves, you abandon any pretense of work to continue playing with the puppy.

Brief:
    30×20 lot
    4 – 10×4 shipping containers placed in any formation you want.
    Note: Prior to remodeling, show us the shipping container layout as if you had just finished stacking the containers.
    $25,000 for the remodel
    Full landscaping.

Have fun!

Sim Challenge
    Create the home's new owners, full creative freedom with this part!

The challenge deadline is Wednesday 2nd April Midnight CMT.
    GArBA5W.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top