The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

LadyDaKare Builds UPDATED 3-02 LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

1235...Next

Comments

• LadyDaKareLadyDaKare Posts: 212 Member
    @RyeCris16 Thank you so much. Yeah, I expanded it quite a bit from the inspiration picture. The pergola "room" is my absolute favorite space in this entire build. It came out just as I imagined it. Took forever, but, worth it. Thanks for all your awesome comments. The lights in the office are by @xhexenia1. It's from her "White Bird" living room. The other lights are wall lights and I placed them up high to give that look of ceiling lights or sunk in lights for a very modern touch.
    @ReneVeronicaZita @Zita1966 Thanks!!!! Yeah, lots of resizing in the build. Had to be grand and opulent! B) Glad you liked this build.

@yanti68 Thanks for the great compliments Yanti. Glad you liked my choices in interior colors and patterns. Oh how I dream of Maxis bringing back design tools and the color palette. Oh the things I could have done with this build. Here's dreaming! <3

@kameliaxx Thanks a ton!

@agusiamal First, your doing very well with your English. Thank you for your compliments. No, the gallery photos do not show off this lot nearly well enough. I am glad you enjoyed my walk-thru and the detail views that better show off the build. 10 minutes to load pictures!!!! Sounds like a slow connection to the forum or the forum was running very slow that day. I hope my future showcases don't take as long. ;)
    <3LIVE LONG AND PROSPER <3

In Loving Memory of

CQBuFvn.jpg

bQJ7nfH.png

Unfortunately, on Friday February 27, 2015 the Sci-Fi World lost one of its most iconic trail blazers, Leonard Nimoy. I was in a meeting when the news came over my phone. I couldn't believe it and was very saddened. Of the original cast, Spock was my favorite and I loved his evolving role through the decades of the franchise. So I wanted to remember one of the guys who made being a geek so cool and am celebrating with a club your Sims can party in.

This is simply my way of honoring a man who played a character in a TV series that has become part of Americana culture. I look back on The Trek series and at our current modern life. The cell phones, the tablets, the touchscreen applications, voice activated applications, GPS, etc and the similarities and out right inspiration that came from the Trek franchise. Fascinating!

Here is the Overall FloorPlan
    Top View
    WyMUCrb.png

Command Center
    TWOcKXs.png

Main Ship
    EqXTpXz.png

Landing Pad
    pY6I06h.png

Landing Pad

The entrance to the ship is accessed from underneath. I added a driveway and a water fountain that is in the general shape of the Star Ship Enterprise. I added fountains to give color while leaving the lot void of vegetation and landscaping. The focus is probably obvious, the lights spelling out the beginning of the Star Trek Mission....To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before!
    XmaSjR4.png

Main Ship

It's floating!
    bQJ7nfH.png

Entrance Landing

Up the main stair case you come to the Entrance Landing where you find some modern club amenities - ATMs! The pictures are a definitely a nod to Star Trek.
    eaOGOS9.png
    rvfMqaW.png

Lounge

Once you enter the doors to the bar you need to pass through "security". That's where they let the pretty single girls in and the rich guys. Just beyond the gates is the Lounge where your Sims can relax and enjoy a drink. The enlarged pictures were purposefully chosen to represent the Enterprise (or a rocket) taking off into space and the multiple moons over Vulcan.
    gXX5PGL.png
    qksyFTH.png

Nacelles

It's a small space but it makes for a great Ladies and Gentlemen's restrooms.
    fvPtTPR.png
    BCOs2P5.png

Bar and Dance Floor

The bar was purposefully chosen to be red and pays homage to the original Star Trek bridge with the black and red stations and black seating. The color scheme is carried throughout the build. The enlarged posters looked a little like Spock so.... B) Have to have a dance floor to party to the extra large sound system. The rockets on the tables are a nod to Star Trek and all those astronauts that came before them, or after them....depending on how you look at it.
    i4teHrU.png
    IlRVcNV.png
    wsfa0r6.png

Command Center

This is the VIP lounge filled with comfortable seating. The 3 TVs represent the View Screen on the Bridge of the Enterprise.
    yVBuBZJ.png
    ziXx9zQ.png
    MvXKtty.png

Outside Views

It's the original USS Enterprise. Best seen at night!
    WyMUCrb.png
    327wIPU.png
    D3yHgSS.png
    Ob6XFuq.png
    mBz7sa5.png
    osIc6Tl.png
    XmaSjR4.png

<3LIVE LONG AND PROSPER <3
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,569 Member
    Live Long and Prosper is a very special tribute to Leonard Nimoy. The design and layout of the build is great! It is great how you have designed it as the Enterprise ship! The lights spelling out NC 1707 and Boldly Go look great! Very nice landing pad area. It looks great how you have created the fountain in the shape of the Enterprise. The car parking spots look great. It is great that you have designed the build as a bar. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the venue! The wall pattern in the entrance area suits the type of the build and the themed pictures on the walls are great for sims to see as the enter the building. Very nice lounge area! The red lighting looks nice and creates a great effect. It looks great that you have a security gate for sims to pass through! The freezer bunny light and other lights displays between the lounge and bar area look great! The large glasses are nice touches either sides of the sofas. The enlarged pictures on the walls are nice for sims to see whilst sitting there. Very nice bar area! It looks great how you have placed the drinks display cabinets there. The red and black colour scheme of the venue looks nice. The enlarged poster on the wall looks great! It looks nice how you have placed the wall lights either sides of the poster. The wall patterns in the bar area, command centre and bathroom give a great look to the areas. It is great that you have a dance floor for sims to have fun dancing to the radio music. The floor lights look nice on the edges of the dance floor. Very nice command centre/VIP lounge! It looks great how you have placed the sofas there and that you have placed three tvs, to resemble screens! Sims will enjoy sitting there resting and watching tv. Very nice exterior design of the building! The lighting on the exterior looks great! It looks great how you have stairs entrance to the building, to create a floating ship effect! The night time photos of the build are very nice! The lighting shows up well!
    It is a very nice tribute build :)
  • agusiamalagusiamal Posts: 294 Member
    I never was a special fan of si-fi but of course I watched Star Trek years ago. It's very cool idea to imitate Enterprise. It looks like really spaceship :) Did they have such a bar? I think in your ship the crew have much more fun :) !
  • NhicksNhicks Posts: 1,580 Member
    Live Long and Prosper is truly a wonderful build! Great attention to detail! I got it without having to read what it was. I love the fact that it floats and your interior is spot on. FAV!! I can see it becoming the front business to area 51 secret agent ops. :);)B)
    Find Me In The Gallery! MzHicks #MzHicks
    ~My showcase thread~
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/814744/mzhicks-builds
    How You Liven - A Peek Into YOUR Sims World
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/887032/how-you-liven#latest
    @rosemow Thank you for your wonderful comments on LIVE LONG AND PROSPER. Glad you like the bunny light. I caught it at just the right time B)

@agusiamal Well I am very pleased you like my latest build. You don't have to be a fan of sci-fi to enjoy it and I am glad you are enjoying the build. I don't think the original Enterprise had such a bar or dance area. And yes, I do hope Sims will have tons of fun with this lot.

@Nhicks AWESOME! You knew what it was without even having to read the description. That proves just how much Star Trek and the characters, the ship, the sayings, the gadgets have become so much apart of Americana culture. Yeah, it floats! Cool eh! It's a spaceship, couldn't have it on the ground. LOL. Thank you also for nominating this build. That means an absolute ton to me.

#LLAP
  • RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    Live Long and Prosper is very awesome memorial ship for Leonard Nimoy! :smiley:
    I like your architectural part. Very nice architectural shape and great work with the octagonal roofing. The NC1707 thing using saucer light are very cool! I also like the exterior details below. Very nice parking area and your water feature is very cool too! And your interior, amazing! I love that Sci-Fi and modern feel.
    I love it! I'm not sure if I already faved it, but if not, I'm adding this to my faves. :smiley:
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16
    @RyeCris16 thanks for your awesome comments. Yeah, I'm a big ST fan and it was a fans way of grieving and showing some appreciation. The lights to make the "NCC1707 and Boldly Go" were so important to me. I really wanted to highlight those memorable words. LLAP was too long, LOL. I'm really glad you love it and the Sci-Fi modern feel. Thanks for the love and #LLAP
  • WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    Nice tribute to Leonard, Lady DK! Fabulous job with the Enterprise!! The design and use of the lights are Fantastic! Somewhere out there, Leonard is smiling down on this creation... I just know it! :)
  • LadyEmperorSimsLadyEmperorSims Posts: 56 Member
    Hi - I'm a latecomer to your thread - I found your pics of your SHIELD HQ and I just have to say how great I think it is! You have some super-clever ideas and I am inspired! I have had my own SHIELD HQ posted in the Gallery for a while (under LadyEmperorSims) and will definitely be updating my personal non-shared copy with some of the ideas you have given me.
    44273859985_b98b615a44_o.jpg
    Find me at the Gallery HERE
    See my screencaps at Flickr HERE