Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I Actually Like the Babies in TS4

Comments

• Options
    BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    edited March 2015
    I'm not really loving the look of sims 4 babies. They just lack detail to me and don't look very cute. Everybody hated the blanket babies in sims 3 but it didnt bother me that much. If you didn't like the blanket, all you had to do was download the mod that gave them legs. They didn't work like real legs but at least you didnt have to look at the blanket though.
    giphy.gif

• Options
    AndygalAndygal Posts: 1,280 Member
    I don't understand the all the fuss about the babies in Sims 3 being put in random places, all you have to do is click on the crib and have them put the baby back from there. It's not like you actually have to look for them. Or like somebody said you could double click on the portrait to zoom to them. It's a mild annoyance, and nothing compared to the annoyance of having them tied to the bassinet entirely. It's an ugly bassinet too.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited March 2015
    Caitie85 wrote: »
    Sc3niX wrote: »
    It really sounds like you never played Sims 3. You could take babies off the home lot and in strollers. You could go to the theatre with your baby or diners and their hunger bar would fill up and give them a moodlet of "good meal" or something like that. When you put a teddy bear in their inventory they slept with it they would get a moodlet too. Lastly my sims always put the baby back into their cribs.
    I'm just talking about my opinions, please do not attack me. I played TS3 from the day it came out to the day TS4 came out. I've already admitted that I didn't know that you could put babies in strollers, and I never said that you couldn't take babies off-lot in TS3, but that it seemed pointless to me. I'm happy that your sims always put the baby back into the crib, but mine didn't, and I'm not alone in that. Many people had problems with sims leaving babies lying all over the place because the sim holding it had decided that they wanted to do something else and simply plopped the baby on the floor wherever they happened to be at the time.
    I honestly haven't minded that. Makes a bit of realistic guesswork. "OMG why is the baby crying this time?"
    Agreed! I have a lot of fun trying to figure out why baby is crying this time. Also, realistically, it can only be one of two things -- baby's hungry, or baby's lonely. The only other need that babies will cry about is a dirty diaper, and that's rather obvious due to the stink cloud following it around.
    marie29 wrote: »
    I like the sims 4 baby's better to a certain degree. I don't mind not taking them out in town but it would be nice to have either the bassinet or a crib and to be able to rock them in a rocking chair. Maybe someday we will be able to.
    That's pretty much word-for-world how I feel about them.
    You're confusing Sims 2 and 3 I think. I never played Sims 2, just started and yesterday my first baby in the game was born. And I assure you it's something that immediately sticks out in comparison: sims leaving their baby on the floor all the time and go do something else. They can put baby's on the floor in 3 but it's not their first reaction to do so somehow. And like I said, it's easy to find the baby because it's a sim.

Having said that: the baby itself just is the best in Sims 2. It's cute, vulnerable, everything a baby should be.
    Baby's in 3 and 4 are one of a kind as far as I'm concerned. With one difference: in 3 they at least are sims, not objects, and you can interact with them without putting them back all the time.

I must add I don't mind the fact the baby's in 2 aren't playable sims, because it definitely is more realistic their behaviour is totally unpredictable. Concerning baby's it is Sims 2 better than Sims 3 better than Sims 4 as far as I'm concerned. People have been so focussed on the limbs thing that they think adding those solved the Sims 3 baby 'problem' automatically. It didn't. CC baby's in 3 with a bit of hair and legs beat those in 4 easily.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Andygal wrote: »
    I don't understand the all the fuss about the babies in Sims 3 being put in random places, all you have to do is click on the crib and have them put the baby back from there. It's not like you actually have to look for them. Or like somebody said you could double click on the portrait to zoom to them. It's a mild annoyance, and nothing compared to the annoyance of having them tied to the bassinet entirely. It's an ugly bassinet too.
    Yes, I agree. It's beyond me why they just didn't use the Sims 2 baby. Why did it have to be tied to the bassinet and why does it look like a doll more than a baby :/
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    JessicaSimstonJessicaSimston Posts: 2,519 Member
    Even though I wish we could do more with the babies, I think the amount of interactions we get considered the baby is in the bassinet is pretty decent, but we still should be able to travel with them.
  • Options
    joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    Whenever my TS2 Sim parent left the baby on the floor in the house, I would always stick a small rug underneath it to look as though the baby was on a blanket. I didn't even like the thought of the babies being directly on the floor/tiles, poor little things.
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    At least with all the places TS3 babies could be left, the inventory was not one of them. For the record, my sims never had a problem putting the baby back in a crib.

Babies in 4 were absolutely ruined for me when I saw a video of a sim interacting with the baby. The baby couldn't be clicked on, only the bassinet and the " ++'s " came from the bassinet itself and not the baby, showing the sim was gaining a relationship with the bassinet itself. After playing the game with a baby, I feel zero connection to the baby/bassinet.
  • Options
    joleaco wrote: »
    Whenever my TS2 Sim parent left the baby on the floor in the house, I would always stick a small rug underneath it to look as though the baby was on a blanket. I didn't even like the thought of the babies being directly on the floor/tiles, poor little things.
    The fact it's half naked doesn't help either haha.
    I'm going to find myself some CC baby clothes I think, I know it's out there.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Caitie85 wrote: »
    I'm happy that your sims always put the baby back into the crib, but mine didn't, and I'm not alone in that. Many people had problems with sims leaving babies lying all over the place because the sim holding it had decided that they wanted to do something else and simply plopped the baby on the floor wherever they happened to be at the time.
    So, being the very controlling simmer that I am, I was curious what sims in 3 actually do with their baby's when you leave them to it (something I practically never do). Are they really the insensitive parents that drop their baby's all over the place to do something else? I decided to do a test.

1. In the middle of the night some mysterious force takes baby Cameron out of her crib and puts her on the floor of the living room.
    2. A few sim hours later mum and dad wake up.

Baby_S3_zpsuuwdifsp.png

3. They go downstairs...
    4. ... as it turns out both planning to pick up little Cameron. Daddy wins this race...

5. ... and takes his baby daughter upstairs...
    6. ... to put her into her bed.

Baby_S3_2_zpsgnppcqwt.png

7. I decide to do another test: let's take dad and a suddenly very hungry Cameron (testingcheats) to the kitchen. Doing absolutely nothing (me) dad spontaneously starts feeding her (the yellow plumbbob is hers).
    8. When she's satiated he leaves the kitchen with her in his arms, at this point very hungry himself (I didn't intervene, this was a spontaneous appetite after a good night's sleep).

9. Looking at his plans for this moment, we can see that he's going to take something from the fridge, but he's still holding the baby. What will he do; drop her somewhere on the floor...?
    10. The suspense...

Baby_S3_3_zpsuoolqs8m.png

11. And there he is! (blast of trumpets)
    12. After which he goes downstairs again to enjoy a well deserved breakfast.

Beating his Sims 2 colleague in the Father of the Year contest.

snapshot_81d112e4_420b570b_zpspymakred.jpg

(I love how that baby follows her father by turning her little head by the way)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    bjork_fanbjork_fan Posts: 140 Member
    > @astridentanja said:

> So, being the very controlling simmer that I am, I was curious what sims in 3 actually do with their baby's when you leave them to it (something I practically never do). Are they really the insensitive parents that drop their baby's all over the place to do something else? I decided to do a test.

Your house is beautiful!
  • Options
    @bjork
    Thank you :)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    jvilla0713jvilla0713 Posts: 200 Member
    I think the TS4 babies are definitely a step up from TS3 babies. However, I would still like to see toddlers added into the game at some point. If we can't have toddlers, then at the very least give us more interactions with babies.
    2dkbxgx.png
  • Options
    wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    Ts4 babies aren't babies. They're objects.
    Case and point? You can buy them in buydebug.
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    I hate the newborns in the game :/
    Newborns and teens. I hate and the lack of toddlers puts me off family play.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    marcel21 wrote: »
    I hate the newborns in the game :/
    Newborns and teens. I hate and the lack of toddlers puts me off family play.

It's interesting how different we can all feel. I don't mind the babies in ts4. I'd prefer that they weren't available in build/buy :# but I like some of the interactions with them and think they look pretty cute.

I love the teens and enjoy playing with teen only households a lot. (I know why you feel the way you do @marcel21 as I've read your other posts and I agree they are the size they are because of short cuts etc ) Regardless of how and why teens are like this... I still enjoy them.

While I'm not really a family player by first choice of play-style I fully support the simmers who want toddlers. I believe they should be patched in, for free. End of story.
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    PrincessSaturnPrincessSaturn Posts: 564 Member
    Ts4 babies aren't babies. They're objects.
    Case and point? You can buy them in buydebug.

giphy.gif

MiKeeMiKee Posts: 72 Member
    I am not fan of ts4 baby , however imo much better than ts3 baby. I feels like a garbage sims put down anywhere.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    jvilla0713 wrote: »
    I think the TS4 babies are definitely a step up from TS3 babies. However, I would still like to see toddlers added into the game at some point. If we can't have toddlers, then at the very least give us more interactions with babies.

How so? I would say being able to take a baby anywhere is progression not regressive.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    MiKee wrote: »
    I am not fan of ts4 baby , however imo much better than ts3 baby. I feels like a garbage sims put down anywhere.
    That would be the Sims 2 baby and that baby in fact was the best baby in the series so far.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    So... during TS2 I remember we complained about how those beautiful little babies were cold and required some clothing - changeable please! So then, someone insanely came up with the burrito babies - yes, they were warm, no they were not changeable and had no lower bodies. Once again, we complained. So then someone insanely came up with bassinet demons. Again, no changeable clothing, but hey - they have legs again! That should make everything better! Never mind that they are ugly and creepy and are actually objects you can do nothing with.

Will they ever get it right? No. Because they don't care about any age group other than young adults/adults. Everything else is short changed and always will be.
  • Options
    I think when people were complaining about babies in 3, 'burrito' sort of became the code name for it and the devs misinterpreted that, thinking the blanket was the only issue. It wasn't.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    chickenowchickenow Posts: 458 Member
    I'm not overly keen on "object babies" but I think it's a step up from the burrito babies which Sims tended to lay on the ground. Technically speaking there is more interactions with the Sims 4 babies.....just limited to the crib.

I think a way round it could be to make it like Sims Freeplay babies. Have an interaction to lift them out of the crib and then have their own separate range of interactions which includes laying them on the ground and letting them crawl.
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    I still prefer the burrito baby. I loved taking that baby everywhere, lol.

Sims 4 baby is boring and is just a bassinet thing. (The affection hearts appear over the bassinet instead of over the baby, for goodness sake!)

The Sims 2 baby is still the best, for me, anyway. :smile:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    chickenow wrote: »
    I'm not overly keen on "object babies" but I think it's a step up from the burrito babies which Sims tended to lay on the ground. Technically speaking there is more interactions with the Sims 4 babies.....just limited to the crib.

I think a way round it could be to make it like Sims Freeplay babies. Have an interaction to lift them out of the crib and then have their own separate range of interactions which includes laying them on the ground and letting them crawl.
    *sigh*
    Sims in Sims 3 do not 'tend to' lay their babies on the ground; when there is a crib in the building they'll always put it in the crib, it's a compulsory thing for them. They do lay the baby on the ground after using the Store cleaning table, but also in that case, when you lean back and leave them to it, they'll pick up the baby right after and put it in their crib. Apparently it is possible for the creators to put that in the coding of the game and I think it's preferable to interacting with a doll and putting it back, picking it up again and interact, putting it back, picking it up and interact, putting it back. Technically speaking there may be more interactions but it looks very unnatural that way.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    chickenow wrote: »

*sigh*
    Sims in Sims 3 do not 'tend to' lay their babies on the ground; when there is a crib in the building they'll always put it in the crib, it's a compulsory thing for them. They do lay the baby on the ground after using the Store cleaning table, but also in that case, when you lean back and leave them to it, they'll pick up the baby right after and put it in their crib. Apparently it is possible for the creators to put that in the coding of the game and I think it's preferable to interacting with a doll and putting it back, picking it up again and interact, putting it back, picking it up and interact, putting it back. Technically speaking there may be more interactions but it looks very unnatural that way.

There is a mod which stops them putting the baby down after the changing table in case you missed it-that drove me mad too ;)

But yes I very rarely see babies on the ground in my TS3 game. As long as there are enough cribs/baby swings/play mats around generally the sims head for those. Only thing I do wish is we could choose which baby belongs in which crib autonomously because when my sim had twins m/f they'll put the babies in the wrong cribs sometimes. But that's a minor issue :)