Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Drama Cycle Two- WINNER ANNOUNCED!!!!!!

cheerio517cheerio517 Posts: 817 Member
edited March 8 in Nominated Threads
72188b13-b47c-4700-95fa-f1b333a4474b_zpshzvghxbj.png

Drama is back! For all of you who weren't here for cycle one, Drama is a high fashion competition all about the dramatic side of couture. Be prepared to push your creativity to the limit!

This cycle is all about the dark, mysterious, and sexy. I know a lot of you stick to the girly photos, but why not change it up and try something new? Remember that dark doesn't mean straight-up goth. The assignments will ask you to be sultry and enigmatic. Most of all, be prepared to have fun! I hope you're all as excited for the new cycle as I am!

But on the business side: there will be 10 assignments, each lasting one week. I will accept as many models as apply (no one is eliminated in the mock). Be warned though, if a lot of people join, some assignments will be double or even triple elimination! Also, newcomers are welcome! I think first-timers will be able to handle the assignments, and I look forward to seeing improvement!
Rules_zpsehnitss6.png
  • No negativity or rudeness of any kind.
  • Models must be YA females.
  • CC and pose player are highly recommended.
  • Editing is allowed and recommended.
  • 3 extensions will be granted per model, lasting 1-2 days. Extensions must be requested at least 12 hours in advance.
  • Late assignments will be given a point deduction unless otherwise decided by the host.
  • Assignments will last 7 days.
  • No face plastering or photo-skinning.
  • Deadlines are at midnight EST on the due date.
  • If you think you may drop, don't sign up.
  • Be creative and have fun!
Models_zpsluhmyij8.png
ModelWall_zpszakon021.png

Needs to Check In:

Checked In:

Assignment Submitted:
2i7tlok_th.jpg69qm1x_th.jpg

Judges_zpsbrbtg3pk.png
Judges_zps5uyuikou.png

Extensions:
Nini l
Jillie ll
Plum l
Hanna l
Leesa ll
Maggie ll
Beech l
hvv6th.jpg
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• cheerio517cheerio517 Posts: 817 Member
    edited July 2015
    Assignments_zpsnlqvin6i.png
    Finale: Through the Eras

This cycle, we're going out with a bang! For the finale, you will be creating 3 photos from 3 different eras of history. This includes everything from prehistoric to the future, and any part of the world. But the main thing to remember is keep it dark! We seem to forget that a lot, but it's more important than ever for this assignment. Your 3 photos should be combined to create one photo, but please, no collage style pictures, there shouldn't be borders or any space between photos. Each picture should be editorial style, and reflect the era through styling and setting. Lastly, you will need to reserve eras. I want to see lots of variation, so instead of choosing all of your eras from the 20th century, make each photo a dramatic change. You will have 2 weeks for this assignment, so make each photo as high quality as you can. Good luck!

Requirements:
    3 photos
    Next to each other in one photo (see example for format)
    All of them have to show at least half of her body, and there must be at LEAST one full bodyshot
    DARK!!!
    3 DIFFERENT eras of history
    Reserve your eras
    One thin black border around the whole thing

Example
    This is the format I want, but remember, I need you to do this for dark style.
    124gdmq.jpg

DUE DATE: TUES, JULY 14 MIDNIGHT EST
    SINGLE ELIMINATION ROUND

Scoring_zpsn2a5jxqb.png
    Scoring Rubric

Quality /5
    Fashion appeal /15
    Composition /10
    Creativity /10
    Darkness Factor /5
    Requirements /5
    Judge's choice /5

Total /55

Scoring Information:

Quality- Your score for quality is slightly about graphics. I know some users don't have the best graphics cards/computers, and the we will take that into account, but things like lighting, in-game settings and light editing can make a world of difference. Quality isn't just about graphics, though, it also is about effort. Does your photo look thrown together, or thought out?

Fashion appeal- Fashion appeal is the largest part of the scoring rubric, because this is a fashion comp. Even assignments like fantasy should look like they belong in a magazine. Fashion appeal includes your model's pose, styling, and outfit.

Composition- Photo composition includes setting, lighting, and the overall appearance. Is everything in your photo off to one side? Is your background cohesive? These are the types of things judges will look at when giving you your composition score.

Creativity- Is your photo unique and outside of the box? The assignments only give what is required, the rest is up to you. So adding something extra to your photo will really boost your creativity score. Creativity applies to every aspect of your photo. This means your styling, setting, and overall idea will be part of the creativity score.

Darkness Factor- As you know, this cycle's theme is the dark side. However, that doesn't mean all the assignments are going to "force" you to make a dark photo. It may not necessarily be listed in the requirements, which means it is up to you to add a dark twist.

Requirements- Requirements don't need much explaining. They are listed clearly in the assignment, so follow them! If you have any questions, I would much rather you ask than get points off.

Judge's choice- This will be an extra few points that will reflect the judges' basic opinions of the your photo. You obviously can't know everything about the judges' personal tastes, so to score highly here, just do your best to add that extra something to your photo.

Submissions_zpsimp8yrh6.png

Beech with Alina Morrow
    19571933501_8c75e6d7e0_k.jpg
    Prehistoric
    Victorian
    Futuristic

Nini with Olivia Campbell
    finale_zpswbaxlqoi.png
    Classical/Greek
    Medieval
    60s

Post edited by cheerio517 on
    hvv6th.jpg
    edited July 2015
    Results_zpsm8am2gkx.png
    I can't believe we're already here! First of all, I want to say to Beech and Nini that you are both awesome, and to all the other competitors, it was amazing having you all be part of this competition! To Heather, you have been a great judge, and to the lurkers, hope you enjoyed! Thank you Samm, for judging, and Kay, for guest judging this finale. Now let's find out who won!

1st
    Nini with Olivia Campbell
    rlkdon.jpg
    154/165
    CJudge_zpsg2zldyms.png
    Quality 5/5
    Fashion appeal 15/15
    Composition 8/10
    Creativity 9/10
    Darkness Factor 4/5
    Requirements 5/5
    Judge's choice 5/5

Total 51/55

This is amazing, Nini! My favorite thing about this is how the colors and styles match. I adore your medieval and grecian photos, they're both beautiful on their own and look gorgeous together. Your 60s photo looks a little out of place. The styling and colors are great, but both Olivia and the whole photo is smaller, and I would like more going on in the setting to match the other photos. I think a 60s biker chick look with a motorcycle would have been perfect for the dark theme, and a beehive would have matched the other 2 updos. Overall, though, all three photos are awesome, and this is a stunning final entry.
    HJudge_zpstlsfvny7.png
    Quality 5/5
    Fashion appeal 15/15
    Composition 10/10
    Creativity 9/10
    Darkness Factor 4/5
    Requirements 5/5
    Judge's choice 5/5

Total 53/55

Okay I will start with judging your Greek... Your styling here is literally perfect, 5/5 for that (get it 15 divided by 3 photos) anyway it's really Greek looking and also high fashion, the accessories really tie this together. I honestly don't feel there could be any better to use. Also the Olivia fits perfectly with the background and I love how it's like she's on a platform in the sky (it reminds me of the tom jones song baby it's cold outside video). Your mediaeval is very creepy, is Olivia and evil queen? She seem to be, it also looks like she's blowing her evilness over her kingdom. I honestly can't fault your styling or setting once again. Your 60s however is not dark at all which is disappointing. I know 60s darkness would be difficult but I wish you had thought along those lines before even if it meant choosing something different. The styling and idea are really awesome for a 60s shot but I'm just super disappointed to not be seeing a 3rd dark photo. Anyway I love how you combined these together and how Olivia looks fierce. She's always looks fierce from the beginning of the cycle and I love that. Good luck to you also!

Kay:
    Quality 5/5
    Fashion appeal 13/15
    Composition 9/10
    Creativity 9/10
    Darkness Factor 5/5
    Requirements 5/5
    Judge's choice 4/5
    Total 50/55

You have such a creative look when it comes to photos and I'm always blown away by your direction you always take. To start off with your individual photos, I loved your Greek photo. The color palette and choice of styling was perfect. My favorite out of the three you created! Your second photo, Medieval was dark and had a beautiful twist to it. But you used some of the same styling as the first photo. I would have like to seen another hairstyle for this one. Your last photo had a nice version of the 60s added to it. I love the cars used in your setting. The quality wasn't as great as your other two photos, but still a beautiful image. As a whole your pictures were beautiful but it didn't take my breathe away. Overall you did a very good job! Well Done Nini!

2nd
    Beech with Alina Morrow
    kapyf9.jpg
    151.5/165
    CJudge_zpsg2zldyms.png
    Quality 4/5
    Fashion appeal 13.5/15
    Composition 9/10
    Creativity 10/10
    Darkness Factor 3.5/5
    Requirements 4.5/5
    Judge's choice 5/5

Total 49.5/55

Wow Beech! This is awesome! My favorite of the three would have to be the futuristic, even though I would have liked more futuristic looking clothes, I was not expecting the apocalypse theme and I love it! You always bring it with backgrounds and these are no exception. I'm seeing a blend of in-game and edited backgrounds, but everything works together. Where I think you lost it is the victorian photo. To me, victorian is one of the easiest eras to make futuristic because you can go gothic, but this photo is the opposite of dark. It is a great photo, but it missed the assignment and competition theme. Overall, though, this is really well done, and an awesome final photo!
    HJudge_zpstlsfvny7.png
    Quality 4/5
    Fashion appeal 13/15
    Composition 9/10
    Creativity 9/10
    Darkness Factor 4/5
    Requirements 5/5
    Judge's choice 5/5

Total 49/55

Beech I love your prehistoric, I can see the amount of work you put in. This photo has the dark aspect like the world is just dying around her (especially with the fire bolt). The styling is so amazing and the hair really helps towards the high fashion look. I always feel it's difficult to do prehistoric photos never mind make them high fashion. Did you draw the hair or? It's really perfect fitting. Your Victorian is my least favourite, it seems very girly and not at all dark also the setting seems to be lacking oomph compare to Alina, I do however like the styling. I feel if this was darker it would help towards the feel of the overall collage. Onto your futuristic, I'm back in love. I love how you done apocalyptic over metal world, it really works with the dark theme as it would be a dark world. Your setting looks to have more effort put into it than your Victorian and I love the creepy house in the background. The styling is perfect and I really love the quality of that hair! And those stockings add a fashionable feel to the image and pulls it together. The only other thing I would like to comment on is the blurryness you used for merging the photos, it was a good idea but I don't feel it worked out the best as it downgrades the quality in the aspect of looking at the collage as a whole. Ooh yeah good luck to you!

Kay:
    Quality 5/5
    Fashion appeal 14/15
    Composition 9/10
    Creativity 10/10
    Darkness Factor 5/5
    Requirements 5/5
    Judge's choice 5/5
    Total 53/55

When I saw your image I was blown away by the creativeness of it! Wow, I love the swirl of the photos merging into each other! As a overall image, I was blown away by what you accomplished. Onto each individual photo, I love yet again what you came up with! The Prehistoric photo was beautifully edited. The Victorian photo was pretty, but not my favorite out of the three photos you created. But still very cute, I love all the pink! And last but not least your futuristic photo was refreshing. A very different point of view from the basic scifi look. I loved it! Overall I thought you did a outstanding job! Well done Beech!
    Post edited by cheerio517 on
    hvv6th.jpg
    Sign ups are now open! Feel free to reserve or submit an application, and I will probably be posting the mock tomorrow afternoon!
    hvv6th.jpg
  • JaLiBoJaLiBo Posts: 547 Member
    Reserve, please. I like the concept of this comp. And Fashion is my forte, so I think I would enjoy this.
  • jilliebee22jilliebee22 Posts: 2,223 Member
    Ahhhhhhh.
    I wish I wasn't in so many contests already >_< I shall see later on how my schedule is filling up.
    How long will you be casting for?
    ❤Come say Hi to me on Twitter
    ♔ download my sims 4 poses on my tumblr account
    BeeSims-Discord.png
  • VanadisVanadis Posts: 2,305 Member
    *floats in making scary ghost noises*

Reserve me. I shall hopefully be over this respiratory infection soon. It's taken a LOT out of me, but... I think I'm getting better.
    She says that love is for fools that fall behind
    I'm somewhere between
    I never really know a killer from a savior
  • wiredhanna67wiredhanna67 Posts: 402 Member
    Reserve me please? :smiley: I love the look of this :heart:
    gLQgzBe.gif
    The voice in your head is just me in your headphones, Everyone knows that we're the devils hero's!
  • JoeJoe11JoeJoe11 Posts: 1,406 Member
    Reserve please? This looks fun :)
    c0Ixg8O.png
    Got you all reserved! And Jillie, it depends on interest of course but signups should be open for a pretty long time. I hope you can find room, you know I love your work!
    hvv6th.jpg
    Okay sounds good!
    I'll probably end up waiting for a bit then anyways. Won't know how much time I will have left until both the comps I'm in starts.

BeeSims-Discord.png
  • Mhamilton0911Mhamilton0911 Posts: 2,220 Member
    CHEERIO!!! reserve preeze!
    YES maggie. Great Jillie :)
    hvv6th.jpg
    I'll choose/make my model for this once mock is posted :)
    c0Ixg8O.png
    Mock is posted!
    hvv6th.jpg
    Nice... gathering ideas now!
  • SammLiteSammLite Posts: 1,171 Member
    I reaaaaaaaaaally want to do this! Do you have an idea of when the comp will end? I have been looking around for a march break comp :3
    gif2_zps7841c011.gif
  • BobSkellingtonBobSkellington Posts: 9,206 Member
    Really like the concept of this. Reserve me, please :)
    Beauty obtains attention, but personality is what captures the heart. ♥
    sox3c8.jpg
    Preferred name: Maggie
    Model's name: Alexis Ross
    Short bio (totally optional, but I like seeing your creativity): I am a 25 year old, who just moved to Bridgeport. You see, my father just passed away, and we were very close. And after he's been gone, my old town was just too much for me to bear, so i decided to pick up and move to the city. Rent is not cheap and I need a good paying job. Modelling seems like a fresh start, and a way to meet new people. Hopefully I can make it in this cut-throat business.
    Bodyshot on black or transparent background, wearing dark purple dress (nothing cut off please):
    16763542566_17d9767443_b.jpg
    @SammLite When it will end? Hmmm... *looks at calendar and tries to do math* maybe late May? That's my best estimate right now, but these comps tend to be a little unpredictable.
    @BobSkellington Awesome! Got you reserved!
    @Mhamilton0911 She's gorgeous!
    hvv6th.jpg
  • Angel_ZarrAngel_Zarr Posts: 4,489 Member
    I really love the simplicity of this mock! I'm intrigued >:3
  • wiredhanna67wiredhanna67 Posts: 402 Member
    edited March 2015
    Preferred Name: Hanna
    Model's Name: May Shine
    Short Bio: May grew up the outcast everyone teased her cause' she wasn't like them she wasn't exactly the prettiest on her first day of highschool she decided to change over the Summer and started wearing makeup and doing her hair and wearing nice clothes when she met a model, from then on she dreamed of being a model so she moved to the big city and hopes to make it.
    Body Shot:
    model_zpsmbbsr0ms.jpg

Head Shot/Mock:
    mock%201_zpsttyobnsf.jpg
    Post edited by wiredhanna67 on
    gLQgzBe.gif
    The voice in your head is just me in your headphones, Everyone knows that we're the devils hero's!
    What an interesting mock! Thanks Hanna!
    hvv6th.jpg
    Preferred name: Joe
    Model's name: Bowie
    Short bio (totally optional, but I like seeing your creativity): COMING SOON

16793451912_2bd21e6c5f_o.png

Sorry if the edges/quality seems off. Will have mock up soon! :)
    c0Ixg8O.png
    Yay Joe!! She looks awesome!
    BeeSims-Discord.png
  • BobSkellingtonBobSkellington Posts: 9,206 Member
    I had no idea a part of her face had to be hidden <.<
    Beauty obtains attention, but personality is what captures the heart. ♥
    sox3c8.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list