Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Time Lord Challenge (Updated November 2021)

Comments

• ShaobunShaobun Posts: 1,155 Member
    edited March 2015
    Wow! Awesome challenge!

So I've just been playing this. The time came for my first regeneration and I had completely forgot I was supposed to be saving for the potion, luckily I had enough points (just under 2000) but I totally forgot to check how much it would cost. It's actually pretty cheap.
    Post edited by Shaobun on
    Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong. ~ Donald Porter
  • nastyjmannastyjman Posts: 1,218 Member
    Shaobun wrote: »
    Wow! Awesome challenge!

So I've just been playing this. The time came for my first regeneration and I had completely forgot I was supposed to be saving for the potion, luckily I had enough points (just under 2000) but I totally forgot to check how much it would cost. It's actually pretty cheap.

Yey! I'm happy you got your first regeneration. I'm nearing my fourth, and Alexander Goth will be shocked as he'll witness my Third regenerating.
    TLC_banner_2021_downscale.png

Basement is coming this month!!! Thinking of changing the rules regarding this update! The rule may require you to have all of your stuff in the basement while your exterior TARDIS is above ground. Bigger in the inside than the outside...
    edited March 2015
    TIP: If you want to have a dramatic regeneration screenshot, pause the game when your Time Lord or Lady is about to drink their youth potion. Angle the camera so that it looks like they are exuding energy.

rP7z5cL.jpg

Above is my First Optimist regenerating to the Second.

VVizFXk.jpg?1

Above is my Second Optimist regenerating to the Third. This one was a great shot, but was kind of ruined since I wanted him to be standing up.
  • Spacey72659Spacey72659 Posts: 1,479 Member
    Been thinking about starting some LP's on Youtube and me thinketh this may be my first challenge with that. :D
    I have a terrible habit of abandoning games and creating new sims and stuff so this will work with that since we get to change their appearance all the time. I may make mine flip genders a lot LOL
    Also, hilarious - used the name generator you linked and go figure my Time Lord name is The Engineer
    edited March 2015
    Been thinking about starting some LP's on Youtube and me thinketh this may be my first challenge with that. :D
    I have a terrible habit of abandoning games and creating new sims and stuff so this will work with that since we get to change their appearance all the time. I may make mine flip genders a lot LOL

Sweet! Link it up once you have it streaming. :D I was debating whether to add one rule where you are allowed to regenerate when you finish an aspiration, but the rules are flexible except for the traits and aspiration part--that is the bedrock of this challenge.

Also, that's amazing you got "The Engineer" while I got "The Optimist."
    nastyjman wrote: »

Sweet! Link it up once you have it streaming. :D I was debating whether to add one rule where you are allowed to regenerate when you finish an aspiration, but the rules are flexible except for the traits and aspiration part--that is the bedrock of this challenge.

Hahahaa OMG Optimist would be hilarious to see in this challenge!
    I will certainly link my channel up when I start - gotta get my headset in first, hopefully it's decent enough for recording b/c I don't want to spend a ton on a fancy mic just yet you know?

I may spend some time until it comes setting up a new world with funky lots from the gallery and stuff, just so I have different things for my Time Lord to explore.

Psyched about this challenge - thanks so much for thinking it up! I haven't stopped thinking about it since I found this thread LOL
    (Also, hopefully basements come out soon if that's gonna happen, I love the idea of making most of the house underground!)

Hahahaa OMG Optimist would be hilarious to see in this challenge!
    I will certainly link my channel up when I start - gotta get my headset in first, hopefully it's decent enough for recording b/c I don't want to spend a ton on a fancy mic just yet you know?

I may spend some time until it comes setting up a new world with funky lots from the gallery and stuff, just so I have different things for my Time Lord to explore.

Psyched about this challenge - thanks so much for thinking it up! I haven't stopped thinking about it since I found this thread LOL
    (Also, hopefully basements come out soon if that's gonna happen, I love the idea of making most of the house underground!)

Yeah. I can't wait for basements. Hope you can have more than one level for the basement. If not, at least the 50x50 size will compensate for the lack of vertical space.

I had been thinking of this kind of challenge, and I did try to make a challenge called the Lone Immortal. That was too complicated and not that exciting.

After countless games and other challenges, I finally decided to write down and test this challenge out. I'm still working on mine, currently on the fourth Optimist. Can't wait to hit the twelfth.
    I think this will be a good one for me b/c there's a lot of flexibility and we can regenerate the sims each time (I always end up playing new families and stuff all the time b/c I like to make new sims - so this will give me that! LOL)

I just got done totally renovating Willow Creek with a bunch of crazy lots. Mostly public lots so I hope I have enough townies coming and going since my "families" will be packed into apartment style homes. Hahahaaa.
    Gonna finish up Oasis Springs soon. It's exhausting renovating towns LOL. They make it so complicated.
    Little upset I didn't use Prime to get my headset (I like those $1 book credits on Amazon, but it was crazy to do that this time) I might have been able to start recording this weekend GAHH.
    Well my first Time Lord is done and ready to go - I gave him a name (which no one will ever know but me ;)) and used that to generate his name - so he is The Librarian
    (my Youtube user name got The Captain, which is awesome, but I'd already named him The Librarian so... oh well. LOL. I think Librarian works better then Captain for this).
    Can't wait to start, BAD ME for not shipping Prime. Bad. LOL
    Little upset I didn't use Prime to get my headset (I like those $1 book credits on Amazon, but it was crazy to do that this time) I might have been able to start recording this weekend GAHH.
    Well my first Time Lord is done and ready to go - I gave him a name (which no one will ever know but me ;)) and used that to generate his name - so he is The Librarian
    (my Youtube user name got The Captain, which is awesome, but I'd already named him The Librarian so... oh well. LOL. I think Librarian works better then Captain for this).
    Can't wait to start, BAD ME for not shipping Prime. Bad. LOL

The Librarian has a nice ring to it. Can't wait to see your Time Lord/Lady.
    WHOO HOO my headset should come in tomorrow - hopefully I can get a start on this and have something uploaded soon. Eager to start and it's so hard to not let myself play it yet. Hahaha
    WHOO HOO my headset should come in tomorrow - hopefully I can get a start on this and have something uploaded soon. Eager to start and it's so hard to not let myself play it yet. Hahaha

Can't wait as well!

I was also thinking of adding a rule in regeneration.

Currently, you can only regenerate when you receive a Notification regarding your birthday or when your lifespan is at 0. Along with these, you have the option to regenerate once you finish an aspiration.

I did encounter some moments in my playtest where I had 10 days remaining. I don't immediately regenerate, but sometimes I do when there's 4 or 5 days left.

I'm still debating with myself regarding this since you can spend those remaining days with whims and collections.

Also, I've updated the scoring rules. I took off the Space Prints since it's kind of boring to remain on your lot and staying inside the telescope.
  • AmazingamphyAmazingamphy Posts: 1,733 Member
    I'm starting this right now as The Clockmaker.
    HmypxT0.png
    Gone from this place and never coming back. P5 is good

That's a fantastic name!

GUW2FTe.gif

Also, can't wait for everyone's stories and screenies of their Time Lord. On top of that, I can't wait for BASEMENTS!

:O That. Is. An. AWESOME. Name.

I just recorded my first episode! Just an intro for the challenge and my Time Lord
    Hopefully I can get it uploaded tonight or tomorrow. SO HAPPIEEEEEEE!!!!!

Comming soon: The adventures of The Librarian!! (not nearly as cool as The Clockmaker ;) HAHAHAA)
    Also, what about aspirations that have job requirements? Like the Mixologist you have to get to at least level 8 in the chef career to chose the Mixologist branch - not sure that's gonna be possible in 20 days!
    Can we plan ahead on those? Like, My Librarian has the master chef aspiration, so I could get him a a job now as a chef so next round he could be the mixologist??
    Or should we ignore those aspirations? Not sure how many there are honestly....
    Also, what about aspirations that have job requirements? Like the Mixologist you have to get to at least level 8 in the chef career to chose the Mixologist branch - not sure that's gonna be possible in 20 days!
    Can we plan ahead on those? Like, My Librarian has the master chef aspiration, so I could get him a a job now as a chef so next round he could be the mixologist??
    Or should we ignore those aspirations? Not sure how many there are honestly....

You can definitely prepare for them. For example, Time Lord 2 is working on Serial Romantic aspiration. TL2 can start their career as a Chef to reach level 8. Down the line, you can have future Time Lords take the Chef or Mixology aspiration.

To add, you can also buy the reward trait Entrepreneurial to speed up your promotion. I used this to finish the Jokestar and Renaissance Sim aspiration.

In the end, you are free to do anything (work on skills for future aspiration, etc). The only restriction, as stated in the rules, is having only one aspiration active for each Time Lord.
    Awesome, thanks!
    I'll have to make sure I plan ahead or I won't be finishing aspirations LOL!!
    Oh well, my main goal is to play it through, but I'd like to see how many aspirations I can finish. In the least I don't want to lose all my rewards and stuff if I can't get the potion (can you imagine getting to like 10 or 11 and losing it all? GAH)

Loading my intro video to The Librarian now. YAY
    Awesome, thanks!
    I'll have to make sure I plan ahead or I won't be finishing aspirations LOL!!
    Oh well, my main goal is to play it through, but I'd like to see how many aspirations I can finish. In the least I don't want to lose all my rewards and stuff if I can't get the potion (can you imagine getting to like 10 or 11 and losing it all? GAH)

Loading my intro video to The Librarian now. YAY

The first two Time Lords will be hard a bit, but after that it should be easy. The skills you gain throughout paves the way to other aspirations.

I'm about to play my Sixth, so the challenge is still fresh for me.
    edited March 2015
    WHOOOOO HOOOOO
    First video is up.

YouTube channel: https://youtube.com/channel/Spacey Sims
    (Link in my siggy works too)*

*hopefully my thumbnail will update soon, annoying that it shows up on my media manager and phone but not in the web yet, an it's giving it a really stupid one of the defaults, ugh...YouTube fail. LOL

I have a few other segments recorded but I have to make sure they came out and then render and everything, so hopefully more to follow!
    YAY
    (I have to say though, First Librarian is BOOOOORING. LOL. And he's always unhappy. He's gonna kill me, hahahaaa)
    edited March 2015
    WHOOOOO HOOOOO
    First video is up.

*hopefully my thumbnail will update soon, annoying that it shows up on my media manager and phone but not in the web yet, an it's giving it a really stupid one of the defaults, ugh...YouTube fail. LOL

I have a few other segments recorded but I have to make sure they came out and then render and everything, so hopefully more to follow!
    YAY
    (I have to say though, First Librarian is BOOOOORING. LOL. And he's always unhappy. He's gonna kill me, hahahaaa)

Wow! You took on the Food Aspiration for your first Time Lord. Hope you get to complete it.

Also, your neighborhood looks amazing! The historical sites and the future looking lots--awesome! I need to step up my game.

Can't wait for the next video. I'm absolutely floored. Did you get to share it reddit as well?
    WHOOOOO HOOOOO
    First video is up.

YAY

Wow! You took on the Food Aspiration for your first Time Lord. Hope you get to complete it.

Also, your neighborhood looks amazing! The historical sites and the future looking lots--awesome! I need to step up my game.

Can't wait for the next video. I'm absolutely floored. Did you get to share it reddit as well?

Yeah I was a little dumb on that one - I have another sim I'm playing in another game and he's maxed it already so I was like "this shouldn't be bad" no...no...it's not good this time. (I think I used mood cheats in that game though to keep him making food for like a day at a time, so.... oops... forgot about that when I chose it for this one) Hahahaa. Oh well. At least it's the first. If I don't manage the aspirations I'll live - I REALLY just do not want to mess up the aging/regeneration part. So even if I end up with like no points I still want him to have all his points and skills and etc at the end.

No, I don't actually use Reddit - I'm apparently way behind with the time. HAHAHAHAA. The few times I was ever on I got like ADHD with all the stuff going on, it hurts my brain LOL

Was hoping to get the next part up today but Media Encoder is taking like a month to render so blah. Plus I had an issue with Premire messing up the synch between the video and audio - got that fixed but now I can't upload until the render is done. But I have parts 2, 3, & 4 done (b/c I can't just play for like 20 minutes hahahaaa). So rendering overnight!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top