Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Textures

Niki727Niki727 Posts: 57 New Member
I have found many of the textures that you can download and downloaded a few but i cannot seem to get them to work. I see that they are saved as a .rar and the ones provided for the tool are .dds. Does this have anything to do with it if so how do i fix it??
Thanks,
Niki

Comments

• RRArtieRRArtie Posts: 204 Member
    Yes, .rar files are compressed. You must extract them (like you extract .zip files) and the .dds files will appear. WinZip will extract them and there are other free ware extractors which will work.
  • Niki727Niki727 Posts: 57 New Member
    Ok that makes sense but when i go to extract like i would CC no extract command comes up
  • auntielyndsauntielynds Posts: 3,071 Member
    If you have a program which extracts the files you should be able to right click on the .rar and a menu pops up with an option to "Extract Here".
    I have both 7-zip and Winrar installed on my pc. They are both free downloads, although Winrar is what is referred to as "Nagware" After a trial period the program starts nagging you to buy it whenever you use it, but it's just a little popup.

7-zip File Archiver

WinRAR-32-bit
    WinRAR-64-bit

C-Net Reviews
  • Niki727Niki727 Posts: 57 New Member
    Okay so i figured it out! I am normally able to extract right in the folders however i had to extract through the 7-zip program. Its different but it worked! thanks:)
  • Capt_OdeeCapt_Odee Posts: 70 Member
    > @Niki727 said:
    > Okay so i figured it out! I am normally able to extract right in the folders however i had to extract through the 7-zip program. Its different but it worked! thanks:)

WinRAR works exceptionally well for me on all ZIP items. Hasn't failed me in 5 years now.
  • Capt_OdeeCapt_Odee Posts: 70 Member
    > @auntielynds said:
    > If you have a program which extracts the files you should be able to right click on the .rar and a menu pops up with an option to "Extract Here".
    > I have both 7-zip and Winrar installed on my pc. They are both free downloads, although Winrar is what is referred to as "Nagware" After a trial period the program starts nagging you to buy it whenever you use it, but it's just a little popup.
    >
    > 7-zip File Archiver
    >
    > WinRAR-32-bit
    > WinRAR-64-bit
    >
    > C-Net Reviews

Not a huge fan of 7-Zip, but those WinRAR archive program are the BEST for extracting any zip format!