Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Feedback Thread - come share yours

Comments

• lavakillulavakillu Posts: 18 New Member
    > @jol1990 said:

>
    > u serious? try playing sims 3 for a little bit and see what you can do with the more complicated building tools of that game and then come back and say again that sims 4s building tools are superior... =/ Even sims 2 had a more mature set of building tools then this one...

I've got to agree! While it's easier to do a nice build with TS4 (at least it seems that way to me), the diversity and sheer beauty of the builds in TS3 are just better! Thats not to say they are any more livable but, with the terrain tool, "constrainelevation" cheats, half walls, rounded pool caps, basements and such, it was possible to build really amazing spaces! Not always easy, mind you. Some of the "tricks" resulted in dodgy results, like split level rooms with that janky edge artifact, or un-usable objects but, pretty cribs!
  • OpulentiousOpulentious Posts: 44 Member
    > @gothique4 said:
    > This has probably been covered before but I'd love for the move objects cheat to be put back that works on sims. I recently had a child to teen's bday party pretty much ruined by a bunch of idiotic guests who stood in the kitchen in front of the fridge and stove so neither the caterer or her mother could make the cake. By the time I dragged the fridge, stove and counter outside to make the cake she'd already aged up. I felt like reaching into my pc screen and flinging them across the room out of the way lol.
    >
    > I like that the game has a lot more emotions and traits and the game runs very smoothly on my pc, but the base game does get a bit boring as there's not a whole lot for sims to do and the same stuff over and over again gets a bit boring. Hopefully new expansion packs will alleviate this.

There is I think. Type bb.moveobjects - I haven't tried it myself, just looked it up.
  • Simslover163Simslover163 Posts: 2,833 Member
    One thing I like about the Sims 4 is that when you create your Sims, you can modify facial features and their build. The neighborhoods are very lovely. My favorite pre-made Sim families are the Pancakes Family, the Landgraabs, the Spencer-Kim-Lewis family, and the Caliente family. I also like the variety of interactions that my Sims can do to other Sims. It's weird to know that Sims can die from laughter and embarrassment. The playful emotion is one of my favorites because of the "Flash Crazy Eyes" interaction. One thing I hate about it is that there are no firefighter NPCs, resulting in your Sims having to put the fire out themselves. It's disappointing to learn that there is no toddler stage. Surprisingly, there are no cars to buy for my Sims. The "Ask to Leave" option is very disappointing because my Sims had a good time with their friends and it's time for them to go and my Sims tell them to leave in a rude way. Overall, the Sims 4 is an amazing game.
    sEgXZ52.jpg
    Sims 3 Blog | Tales from Veronica L. Hopkins High | Camellia Treasures (Coming Soon)
  • RhyanieRhyanie Posts: 87 Member
    For Simmers who are playing TS4 - we invite you to share your feedback in this sticky.

Share:
    What you liked
    What you didn't like
    Suggestions?
    Overall thoughts?

What I like:
    The CAS tool. I love being able to really modify how my sims will look before I save them.
    The building tools, I really enjoy being able to move rooms or rotate at the touch of a button. I also really like that I can auto draw rooms, not just draw to connect 4 walls. Having rounded roofs is really cool too.
    The graphics, they are so nice.
    I enjoy being able to travel between worlds freely since there are limited lots in each.
    I like the emotions/reactions that sims can have around others.

What I don't like:
    I may not have found it yet but I used to be able to tilt the camera up and down in TS3 so I could get a birds eye view, I really enjoyed being able to do that so that when I'm building I don't have to go into walls down mode just to see what's going on in a room. Would be nice to have that back.
    Not having the color wheel to personalize items in CAS and the build tool.
    The limited amount of lots available in each world. I feel like just one world had as many lots or more as the two combined.
    When a sims mood changes the wishes change as well, if I had intended to get rid of the wish I would have removed it.
    It seems my game is constantly glitching out in the make food department, I know the fix action but I shouldn't have to repair the game once or twice each week, that's excessive.

Suggestions:
    I think that if the things in the don't like section could be remedied that would be amazing. It would make gameplay so much better, or even better than it currently is.

Overall Thoughts:
    I love The Sims, this game is pretty awesome and so is the community that comes with it. I've been playing since the original Sims and you all have come so far since then. I am sad about the loss of toddlers to the game but seeing as how I am currently participating in the 100 baby challenge not having to teach toddlers to walk and talk is pretty convenient. I don't really miss that stage of life as much as I thought I would, although it is pretty awkward going from a baby to a child. Thanks for bringing back pools!
    OriginID RachieBee22
    View my baby challenge blog here. 100babychallengets4.blogspot.com/
    View my YouTube channel here.
    Rachie Bee's YouTube/
    View my baby challenge spread sheet here.
    Baby Challenge Data
  • mizuru007mizuru007 Posts: 1,085 Member
    edited March 2015
    Accidental double post!! Please look at the post below this one for my full post!
  • mizuru007mizuru007 Posts: 1,085 Member
    edited March 2015
    This post may end up being incredibly long. If it is, I apologize now.

EDIT: It ended up being so long that the full post can't be seen normally! Oops... Just click on "reply" to see the entire thing. I promise I make good points! C:

First, the things I like. I actually like the new graphics. At first, I figured I wouldn't because it looked "too cartoony" compared to TS3. But going back and forth between the two, I can say that each game fits each game. That is to say, I can appreciate TS3 and TS4 for what they are stylistically on an individual level. They are two different games. They run differently (THANK GOD), look different, and feel different. And that's OKAY.

I like the new Build Mode. A lot of people say that it's limited compared to past games, but I can honestly say that I only appreciate building houses in TS4. I'm a casual house builder. I see houses on the street and then I rush home and attempt to replicate it as best as I can, but I have fun the entire time. Are there issues with Build Mode? Sure! A lot of the furniture doesn't match, I've had to download tons of wallpapers and rugs to fill the voids that TS4 itself has left, and I am STILL quite frustrated with roofs. They're a lot easier to work with to a degree now, but GIVE ME AN AUTO ROOF OPTION. PLEASE. I'M NOT ALWAYS A ROOFING GOD.

To a degree, I like the emotions. To a degree. I'll get into this more when I talk about what I don't like. But for now, I will say that I do like what emotions were SUPPOSED to be.

THE GALLERY IS A BLESSING AND I WILL NEVER CALL IT OTHERWISE. THANK YOU FOR THE GALLERY. Yesssss <333

----------------------------------------

Now for what I don't like. Before I say anything, I'm so...so sorry if this upsets anyone, particularly anyone that sees this who may work on the game. I do love and appreciate the game, but it isn't without its flaws!

I don't like the lack of Story Progression. I do not like the lack of Story Progression. I hate the lack of Story Progression. I play Legacy files more often than not and it is the most irritating thing to manually move out the siblings that won't be carrying on the family line (USING MANAGE HOUSEHOLDS INSTEAD OF A NORMAL PHONE CALL) and then realize that they're just going to sit in a nearby house and do nothing but stare at the wall until they die. They won't get a job, they won't find someone else to marry, they won't have kids of their own...they'll just die. That's almost more depressing than them hovering in existence never aging unless you play with them a la TS2! Just because I'm not playing with a Sim doesn't mean I don't care about them! I want them to live a life without me having to guide them along!

Emotions. I do like what emotions were supposed to be, but I don't like what they actually are: a buff. At first, I genuinely cared when my Sims experienced a range of emotions! I'm so glad she's happy! Wow, he's so mad now!! Now it's turned into a stat building game and I don't like that. I no longer care about what made my Sim sad so much as how that makes their painting skill skyrocket. Are you angry? yeah okay that's nice cool off, you can't learn how to garden effectively if you have the Angry debuff. I don't want to feel like that when I play The Sims. I want to be able to appreciate a Sim's emotions without turning it into a weird stat building game with buffs and debuffs.

This is small in comparison to everything else, but I reaaaaally wish teens weren't the same height as adults. Why did you do this. It's so hard for me to, on first glance, know how many teens are at a venue. I don't want to hover over every Sim and see how old they are (though I do appreciate that was added in at all, thank you!) when I could be playing a Sims game that lets me know their age just from a quick look at their height in comparison to everyone else.

This is a big one for me, especially as a Legacy player and story teller: I despise the way infancy to teenhood is handled in game. I loathe it. Infants are nothing but a constantly ticking timer. A scary ticking timer with glowing eyes. I've worked with children for years now, from infancy to preteens. Let me tell you, there is plenty interaction possible with babies. You can play with them using toys. You can read to them in your lap. You can sing songs together. You can teach them how to eat using utensils. They have tantrums and you get to decide if you're going to shout at them (DON'T DO THIS IRL, BY THE WAY), distract them, bribe them, etc. There is so much potential in the infancy stage (AND THE TODDLER STAGE YOU SHOULD ADD) that's wasted because "eh just put them in a bassinet for a few days and make them cry sometimes i guess". Children get two large toys to play with (the jungle gym and the monkey bars), a toy box, a doll house, and a stuffed animal to play with. That's it. The child stage is, essentially, just a precursor stage where you try to raise their stats as quickly as possible to give them stat boosts when they age up. I don't have to care about the child. I don't have any emotional attachment to the child!! Children can't even PLAY with each other. They can tell jokes and play using items with each other, but there's no more tag! There's no more jump rope!! Do you know how cool double dutch could be?! Do you know how funny a failed jump could be?! Ccccoommmeee oonnn. Children don't feel like children, they feel like smaller, less capable adults. Pleeeease fix this. In a patch, in a pack, somehow please fix this. It hurts my heart, especially since The Sims is probably the only way that I will ever be able to have children that are genetically mine (health reasons).

On that note, I am digging the slight pregnancy variances that are present in the game, but if you added a few more that'd be super rad. Some pregnancies are more draining, discomfort is lessened for pregnancies following the first one, little stuff like that. I'm not gonna fuss and fight over that because I realize I'm probably the only one that wants that kind of stuff, but hey! You asked for feedback!

One last one that's both little and big at the same time: I have a serious issue with wood. Not THAT wood, get your mind out of the gutter!! I'm talking about wood (and other material) objects in Build mode. I can not count how many times I have gotten the color scheme of a room absolutely perfectly matching the main piece of the room...only to realize that a lot of the wood comes in multiple colors...and none of them match. It's about on par with a lot of CAS items not having pure black options: faded black and blue black and warm black are all different shades of black and they do NOT all play along with one another! Just like how eggshell, pure white, cream, and ?????idkwhatthisisdirtywhite??? are not all the same color. The bedsheets NEED to be able to be switched between beds. Tying certain bedsheets to certain beds is HORRIBLE and I HATE it because each bed also has a different energy rating. I don't want to have to pick a crappy bed just to get the look I want in a house! that's not nice, stop it. If TS2 could do it, and it ran on almost the exact same principles when it came to Buy Mode, I think TS4 can do it. Please, pleeease make matching shades of wood across items and make sheets transferable between beds!

That's all! I'm done!!
    Sorry about how long this ended up being, but I had a lot to say and I've been holding it in since the game first came out! :)
  • rosenero10rosenero10 Posts: 536 Member
    I won't write too much here. It's all been said before me and if I'm honest.

LIKE:
    ☼ I do like how you can have multiple outfits or looks for each clothing category such as Everyday, Formal etc
    ☼ I do like how it seems very little need for any customized body sliders as the in-game adjustments so far (for me) seem enough to do the job (for a normal looking Sim, not an unusual one)

I would post a picture, but in the USA Forum, I am only ranked as a New Member and that apparently means I am restricted from posting pictures.

☼ I like The Gallery although a little confusing at first.
    ☼ I like the improvement in overall game loading speeds from TS3. It was never a problem for me with TS3, but I have heard others talk about having over ten minutes wait for their game to launch fully and be ready for playing their saved game.

DISLIKE:
    Again, if I'm honest. I won't waste your time. It's been all said and done before and it only seems wasteful to throw my sentiments on topics that are arguably not considered when developing improvements. I.d rather only state what I like rather than cry over what I don't like.
  • camille mcalooncamille mcaloon Posts: 58 Member
    what would be great if they came in diff heights to what ever you wanted eg little sim kids should not be the same height an everyone else its very silly.
  • camille mcalooncamille mcaloon Posts: 58 Member
    > @JangoAxe said:
    > I was very skeptical at the start, but the game is more polished than I expected. There's a lot of potential and the devs seem to be nuturing the game, which is encouraging. That being said, I have some constructive criticism and some suggestions I'd like to mention:
    >
    > - Build Mode has some neat tricks, but they aren't very discoverable. I only realised today that you can toggle the grid on or off with G. This should be added to the main toolbar, because it's a pretty important and useful function IMO. The Top-Down View button should be moved there as well, since it's only available in Build Mode anyway. I never open the camera controls menu, so I never noticed it there until I read about it online.
    >
    > - An option to make the cheat console close automatically after inputting a cheat would be very nice. Also, cheats should persist for the entire game session, unless manually toggled.
    >
    > - The tooltip when hovering over a Sim to see their name and age can appear *off-screen* since its placement is fixed. This should be changed so that the tooltip is always on-screen when it appears (pretty standard UI design).
    >
    > - CAS should get more visual indicators. It's not very clear what is being altered when selecting a body part to modify, and the directional icons aren't terribly intuitive. A simple tooltip displaying what body part is being altered (in addition to the arrows) would be a simple solution and help a great deal in understanding what the user is actually doing.
    >
    > - Create-A-Sim should be directly accessible from the map screen, instead of having to click a lot first.
    >
    > - Needs drain too fast and it's too hard to gain Happiness Points. A little rebalancing is in order.
    >
    > - Ambient lighting in interiors is way too dark. Windows should let in much more light than they currently do. Even very small rooms get dark, which is just nonsensical.
    >
    > - Loading screens are too bright and blinding, especially when playing at night (it's too much even with the lights on). Also, the hints are hard to read at the bottom of the screen. They should be made prominent, preferably in the middle of the screen (ala The Sims 3).
    >
    > - The map screen is horribly boring and simplistic. I don't mind it being static, but add some colour to it. Please!
    >
    > - The maid is horribly buggy at the moment. She doesn't wear her uniform half the time, and she seems to ignore a lot of things that do need cleaning (i.e. coffee/tea pots, spoiled food in fridges etc.) Also the feature where the maid "visits while you were away" needs to go. I got charged for the maid the second my Sims moved into their new house which is ridiculous.
    >
    > - The thing that frustrates me the most is that the household resets whenever the lot is loaded. I dread quitting and reloading, or even visiting another lot in the game, since I know everyone is going to be standing out the front again. None of the previous games behaved like this.

I agree with most of these.
  • Shanney139Shanney139 Posts: 58 Member
    edited March 2015
    I has probably all been said before but anyways....

What I like is the graphics, smoother running game, being able to visit other neighborhoods, being able to cook what I want, when I want, build-mode is awesome.

What I do not like - the controls; the teens being the same as young adult basically - that really needs to change. Friends coming over ALL the time; like someone ringing your doorbell 10 times in a day? And even though I wasn't too into the toddlers - I still miss them.

I had also expected needs to decay somewhat slower, from what was promoted in the advertising of the game - but that has not happened and why does it take so 🐸🐸🐸🐸 long to eat?

Otherwise - looking very much forward to expansions as gameplay seems extremely limited as for now.
  • Capt_OdeeCapt_Odee Posts: 70 Member
    > @SimGuruHydra said:
    > Happy The Sims 4 Launch week!
    >
    > For Simmers who are playing TS4 - we invite you to share your feedback in this sticky.
    >
    > Share: * What you liked
    > * What you didn't like
    > * Suggestions?
    > * Overall thoughts?

* What I like?
    - That a lot of action selections from Sims 3, Leap into Arms, etc, are now autonomous instead of need to be selected.
    - Building houses is a LOT more intuitive now, as well as easier.
    - CAS! Love the sliders for making Sim changes to face and body!
    - Hats for ALL HAIR! w00t and KUDOS!
    - Hardly any clipping of clothing at all! PROPS and KUDOS!
    - Being able to give sims on different zones, a Care for Self, or autonomous care without having to jump back and forth! Props, KUDDOS and a big HUZZAH!

* What I didn't like? Tough question to answer constructively.
    - Skill advancement seems a bit faster than what I am used to from Sims 3, but that is not entirely a bad thing.
    - No color creator/wheel in CAS. Too few colors/designs per selection in CAS, which limits the creative side of Simmers.
    - More critters for the great Outdoor recreation! Skunks, raccoons, otters, bobcats and wolves or coyotes... please.
    - Traveling, instead of just driving or walking to a destination in the same town. ugh the load screen just to visit a neighbor. Does it really save that much game time or resources?
    - Not enough empty lots to build on in the worlds. Nor editable empty spaces. Though TBH, I heard a rumor that this will change in the future.

* Suggestions?
    - With the new Jobs expansion coming, I'd like to see Veterinarian added when Pets comes. Speaking of PETS, a couple interesting ones to interact with ala dogs and horses would be; Sugarglider, Meerkat, Racoon (or other tameable Outdoor Recreation critters), Otter/Weasel/Ferret to name a few.

* Overall thoughts?
    - I love the game. Heck the entire series from 1 through 4 just keep getting better and better, and I am sure you will not disappoint us, the fan base, in the future!
  • JACK14JACK14 Posts: 159 Member
    I feel like we're being ignored with the whole wanting toddlers thing, can't they just say YES or NO? although I doubt anyone from the sims team will even read this, please, just let us know you're listening, it's a life simulator and it's missing a key life stage.
    10qdhxj.png
  • wickedankhwickedankh Posts: 6 New Member
    I have been playing The Sims since close to the beginning (2000s). I have enjoyed seeing the way the game has evolved and am a die hard fan. Sims 4Ever! I had higher hopes for The Sims 4. . . . I will share my thoughts.

What you liked:
    I like how the game loads very fast. I don't seem to have any issues with the video card that I have or my computer system which is 5+ years old. I have not tried to install CC yet so maybe this will be a different experience as I start doing so.

What you didn't like:
    One thing I looked forward to with every new Sims release was the improvement of the graphics and the realisticness of the game play and Sims. I feel The Sims 4 is very unrealistic and is lacking a lot in the graphics. Clicking on the items to interact is very app/tablet like. I DO NOT like that!! It's cheesy. I do not like that the map is not editable if it is, I can't figure it out. There are not a lot of lots to work with. I feel like the Sim world doesn't really exist, the way it presents its self. Traveling from place to place and having a load screen makes it really feel like the map is realistic.

Suggestions?
    I thought the Sims 4 would allow for more multiplayer and more realistic game play of the game instead of being more downsized and unrealistic.

Overall thoughts?

I will play it and keep up with expansion packs for now to see where The Sims is headed to. I could go on forever but don't have a lot of time to go on. I will keep adding my thoughts to other posts.
  • XenamiXenami Posts: 160 Member
    What I like:
    BUILD MODE. On the whole, it is absolutely fantastic. I like how streamlined it is. I was upset at first about the lack of ability to change ground height at first, but I have come to appreciate not having to mess around with wall heights so I can connect everything properly. The rocks, trees, plants, flowers, and terrain paints basically make up for it anyway. There is enough stuff to decorate the exterior so that ground height changes are not even necessary. I was also extremely upset about missing create-a-style and thought everything would end up looking the same. However, the presets are highly varied and cover most of what I am looking for. Again, it makes building more streamlined.

What I don't like:
    I am a builder. I very rarely actually play with a family. But compared to past Sims games, I have even less desire to do so. Play mode just seems extremely dull in comparison to the past. I really have no suggestions to fix this though as I presume the expansion packs will help a bit.

Suggestions:
    Overall I love build mode, but there are definitely some things that could improve creativity while still keeping it relatively streamlined (which seems to be what you were going for).

1. I can understand why having different wall heights on the same level could create problems; however, if we build two separate structures on a lot, then they should be able to have different wall heights since they are not connected. The same goes for the foundations. If I want to build a huge castle, I might want the highest foundation to make it tall, but if I then build a guest house off to the side or something, that should not have to have a full height foundation.

2. Just one basement level please!

3. Not being able to use career items unless you have Sims fully promoted is very annoying. I have worked around this problem by just using a couple that have reached the highest level in each job type (via cheat), but I don't think there is a reason to prevent the use of certain items for people who just want to build.

4. MOO has issues. When I use it, I lose a good portion of my structure or objects when I reload a lot I was previously working on. It's very frustrating, especially with a large building, to find out exactly what that mystery $70 corresponded to. I am a perfectionist with the details on my builds, so I hate losing stuff that I can't fix unless I comb through every inch of my entire build.

Overall thoughts:
    I'm sure I can come up with more stuff later for suggestions, but that's it for now. I will absolutely keep playing this and buying the expansions. Build mode is so much deeper than it appears on the surface, and I love that. It feels like I have gained a skill through a lot of practice :)
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    Xenami wrote: »

2. Just one basement level please!

We're getting basements in a free patch later this month :)

EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Jojohanne8Jojohanne8 Posts: 2 New Member
    > @blunote00 said:

> Jojohanne8
    > Drove me nuts too which prompted me to create a thread about it here. Luckily there is a cheat you can place to fix the issue and you shouldn't have to reset the cheat for every game once you do. It's on by default so just turn it off.
    >
    > Open up the cheat console and type in - matchspeedstereo on|off
    >
    > Happy simming.

Omg thank you so much. I don't really exepct them to do anything about, so this is just perfect! Thank you!! :smile:
  • blunote00blunote00 Posts: 18,476 Member
    @Jojohanne8
    You're welcome. :)
    Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
    US Links ► (TS3), Help for all things Sims (Answer HQ).
  • ShaobunShaobun Posts: 1,155 Member
    JACK14 wrote: »
    I feel like we're being ignored with the whole wanting toddlers thing, can't they just say YES or NO? although I doubt anyone from the sims team will even read this, please, just let us know you're listening, it's a life simulator and it's missing a key life stage.
    I'm pretty sure the answer is yes, but the moment they say that everyone will need to know when. Just like they need to know when GTW is releasing, it will be even more frantic for toddlers. Also, if they release toddlers that aren't high quality (so releasing unfinished or too early) they will lose alot of simmers permanently (until TS5). Many people have bought with good will believing toddlers will be added, future purchases from them would not be guaranteed. The potential sales to the simmers who are waiting would be lost completely. Alot depends on toddlers and EA knows it.
    Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong. ~ Donald Porter
  • nicoleelynnnnicoleelynnn Posts: 1 New Member
    I can't believe they STILL haven't added toddlers!!! That's one of the most important parts about the sims.. 2 and 3 were way better the only thing the sims 4 has is a better create a sim and graphics... Everything else is lacking. PLEASE BRING TODDLERS BACK!! :(
  • islarosexivislarosexiv Posts: 454 Member
    At first I was a bit lost without all of the content I'd adapted to in TS3, as well as my favored selection of mods.. but as time went on, and as it is with any major expansion [IMO], I grew to really appreciate TS4 - to the extent that going back to TS3 was actually difficult, because I missed the new aspects that TS4 brought to the table.

- I don't like the lack of Create a Style. I miss being able to finetune the details of my home building/decorating (and modifying clothing as well!) and I felt especially restricted in the beginning with the lack of items that suited my personal tastes.
    - I miss apartments, and aspects of the Night Life pack, i.e., parties being thrown by townies, hot spots, hell, even the supernatural populations.
    - I miss the sheer variety of items I had access to in TS3 - which, of course, was due to having all of the EPs, and it would be irrational to expect that in the TS4 basegame, but TS4 felt stark in comparison, and I would have been completely lost without having embarked on challenges.
    - I was rather saddened by the lack of story progression beyond aging and keeping up jobs (mostly established by the player manually) and building a few relationships (I noticed unplayed townies with varying relationships with one another). I used NRAAS in TS3 eventually, but even without it, I loved getting the news and seeing how the townies were progressing.. and checking to see whether the households I'd rigged up played out as I'd planned.
    - I also miss the massive cities, and the open world, but I understand why it was cut - and I definitely appreciate the benefits of having instanced neighborhoods. Although, St. Claire will always be my favorite world.
    - I miss woohooing in showers, hot tubs, leaf piles, igloos, etc.. :blush:

The other aspects I miss, I'm certain will be forthcoming in future EPs (Seasons, Generations [toddlers, highschool/slumber parties/prom], Pets, etc.)

As far as TS4 goes, I love the multitasking, the improved stability of the client, the shorter save times, the fantastic moods/expressions of the sims (none of the weird, eerie stoic head turning), the ease of building and convenience/quality of life features, the Gallery!, the new Create a Sim, and so on. I also kind of like that there isn't a store, but we just get small, fun bits of content pushed through - but at the same time, I miss the content the store offered. I've come to appreciate the art style, and Maxis has been quick to add some of the major lacking features (pools, basements, etc.) and even better, at no cost. I actually have faith in EA/Maxis to continue adding certain features intended for the base game at no addt'l cost - which says a lot. I'm excited for the potential with TS4, and the upcoming EP looks to be very fun - and it combines two of the most referenced prior EPs, which shows me they're listening to the community.

Also, my favorite CC creators have released plenty of content for TS4, despite the difficulties of doing so in comparison to TS3, and I've been able to develop sims that far exceed those I've had in TS3.. and strangely enough, I've had more actual gameplay in TS4 (although, to be fair, I was only introduced to the series last June.)
    Gallery: Islaroses
    Build Showcase: Islaroses
    Simblr: islarosesims.tumblr.com
    Sims Mobile: NJUTWNP

> @luthienrising said:
    > Xenami wrote: »
    >
    >
    > 2. Just one basement level please!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > We're getting basements in a free patch later this month

And TWO levels of basement at that! And pools on any floor (including underground!)

> @slakey said:
    > List for me
    >
    > 1: Larger Neighborhoods - I feel the current amount is very limited to people that LOVE building new lots, like myself.
    > 2: Dishwashers and Laundry - One saves times while the other adds time use but adds realism to the game which I loved in previous titles.
    > 3: Toddlers - Even though during the time that I had toddlers in my previous titles I hated it, I do miss it a fair amount now that I don't have it.
    > 4: Divorces/Moving Sims out - It seems to be extremely tricky to move a Sim out after the couple have divorced/broken up/became enemies.
    > 5: Burglars/Burglar Alarms - Although pesky and a pain at the time in previous titles, I do miss them.
    >
    > That's all I can think of at the minute.

I miss burglars and the need for alarms as well (even though my "lucky" sim managed to get robbed twice!). I have a hunch toddlers are coming, and I believe one of the Gurus said they left out dishwashers because it was redundant - between the sims washing them, and just dragging dishes to the sink/trash. Even so, it was a nice bit of flair and realism, along with laundry. I loved hearing my dishwasher kick on in my apartment. :) Maybe down the line they'll have a sort of domesticity SP, with appliances, and various other household things currently missing.

• cleo224cleo224 Posts: 87 Member
    edited March 2015
    I only downloaded this game Feb 24 2015. I was playing it on a laptop that DID NOT meet even the minimum requirements, but even on that pc the game performed better than on this one that I bought that exceeds mins, and meets recommended. The game gets hung up, the audio file is hung up and sounds like well I can't explain it other than it reminds me of a badly scratched lp record if anyone knows what one is. The sims themselves get hung up on an action because they appear to be staring off into space contemplating if they want to die or really eat their food, pee, or whatever it is that they are supposed to be doing. Whims go away before the sim can walk across the floor to accomplish it because it takes so freaking long to walk from one area to another. (speaking about the whim on the left side that cannot be pinned.) If you don't turn off aging you can forget about accomplishing anything as far as skills because they will die before they can accomplish anything worthwhile. And the load screen? OMG if I want to play the game I can start it up and walk my dogs, and the game will still be loading when I get back. Trying to take my sims on vacation? I took a nap waiting for it to load. Is there something I can do in the options to remedy this or should I just accept it and be glad that I only bought the base game and one expansion? I really like the possibilities of this game but I don't like the reality of what I have. All you can really do is cook, (takes forever, sim might die trying to cook and mine is at the top of the cooking skill) eat, (if your sim was hungry when they began cooking, forget it, they are really going to be in the red before they finish eating the meal) sleep, and hopefully fulfill a whim that you pinned. Social, even though they eat and talk and take hours doing that, it doesn't fulfill their social need. Very frustrating all the glitches and freezing, and no progress through hours and hours of trying. And it is not just this family of Sims, my first family of Sims had different traits, and different aspirations, same thing. Are patches downloaded automatically? We don't have the normal launching screen anymore where I used to get updates etc. so just curious if I have missed something. I don't care about toddlers, I hated potty training them and trying to make them happy in Sims3 lol, but I would just like to play this game, and want to know if it is even worth trying! Edit! I went to origin and opted to repair the game and viola, it is now working again! Still takes them forever to eat and walk but the hang ups for the most part are gone!
    Post edited by cleo224 on
  • GoddessKarmaGoddessKarma Posts: 52 Member
    edited March 2015
    Post after post people just want back basic things that made the Sims good... and update after update and now a GP and a EP that completely ignores all of it and introduces new things that people DON'T really care about. Is it that hard to give back the basics that were standard in the base games of 2 and 3... 4 is supposed to be GREATER but not by increasing the prices exorbitantly and taking out the things everyone loved like toddlers, lockable doors and basements and giving us stuff that will make the game WORSE. I don't want aliens roaming my game, some people play this to be as real as possible for a pc game and yet still NO toddlers or bed assignments or lockable doors but wait hereeeeee's aliens? At least in supernatural you had the options to controls having random supernaturals but from what I'm reading this will not be the case for GTW. Totally disappointing... totally... The thought of aliens randomly popping up in my game makes me not want this new EP. Just venting because I had high hopes for this game.
  • DarkersideDarkerside Posts: 2 New Member
    what I love about the game so far?

I love the pregnancy! wow, out did yourselves! I really like the emotions and how challenging they are. I really also like the graphics! WOW! thanks for adding that family tree too.

What I don't like?

When two sims marry, there should be a pop up box (like you get when a baby is born) to alter their married name. I find when I leave that family to play another; if they are pregnant the baby name will end up being the mothers maiden name. There goes a make-sense family tree.

I really miss toddlers. I think that was an important stage; if you're going to go all out with the pregnancy and baby - at least give us toddlers!

OTHER than those - love the game and will probably buy every single expansion!