Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Island Paradise Won't Install?

ZipperlyZipperly Posts: 20 New Member
edited March 2015 in The Sims 3 Mac Discussion
I used to play the Sims 3 Island Paradise all the time and I loved the game for quite some time. However, it was causing so many glitches I decided to uninstall it when I purchased other expansion packs and haven't installed it since. Recently, I wanted to give it another chance, but every time the game is installing (after I've put in the registration code) it gets stuck with 30 files installed out of 77, and two minutes remaining. The disc also makes a very bizarre noise and I feel the need to take it out of the slot. I was unable to quit the application and ended up having to restart my Mac. Does anyone know what I could do??
Post edited by Zipperly on

Comments

• Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    edited March 2015
    Is it scratched? Have you ever registered it with Origin? I think once you have registered your serial number you can digitally download from Origin and thereby won't need the disk any longer. In fact I'm sure that's what I did with my Ambitions game when I recently reinstalled everything on a new computer- I just downloaded it from Origin instead of digging out the disc.
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    Zipperly wrote: »
    I used to play the Sims 3 Island Paradise all the time and I loved the game for quite some time. However, it was causing so many glitches I decided to uninstall it when I purchased other expansion packs and haven't installed it since. Recently, I wanted to give it another chance, but every time the game is installing (after I've put in the registration code) it gets stuck with 30 files installed out of 77, and two minutes remaining. The disc also makes a very bizarre noise and I feel the need to take it out of the slot. I was unable to quit the application and ended up having to restart my Mac. Does anyone know what I could do??

for mac players use this thread for assistance

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/mac-discussions
  • caspinwallcaspinwall Posts: 916 Member
    Zipperly wrote: »

What were the glitches that you were experiencing? Do you mean problems in Isla Paradiso, the world that shipped with Island Paradise? It is quite a laggy world but there are some things you can do to improve that: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2014/02/lags-in-islo-paradiso.html

Regarding your IP disc woes, the advice above to use Origin instead to install a digital download version would solve that problem.

GeneralSig_SF_03.png