Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Drifter Challenge - House 001 - Rules

VihishaVihisha Posts: 2,767 Member
edited March 5 in Nominated Threads
GAME SET UP FOR THOSE INTERESTED IN THE FULL 24 HOUSE CHALLENGE
In both Oasis Springs and Willow Creek worlds you will need to:
-Evict all Sims from the Residential Lots
-Demolish all Residential and Community Lots
-Place a Restaurant on The Futures Past Lot in Oasis Springs (Dine Out needed)
All other worlds and vacation destinations may be built upon or populated however you'd like
*Adding in unique Lot types from other packs is encouraged

GAME SET UP FOR THOSE PLAYING JUST HOUSE 001
-Evict any Sims who are living on the Agave Abode Lot in Oasis Springs world
-Demolish the Agave Abode Lot
-Set the Agave Abode Lot to Residential
All other worlds and vacation destinations may be built upon or populated however you'd like
*Adding in unique Lot types from other packs is encouraged

MAKING THE DRIFTER
Create one Sim who is a:
-Young Adult
-Humanoid or other Occult from the following list:
*Alien (Get To Work needed)
*Mermaid (Island Living needed)
*Spellcaster (Realm Of Magic needed)
*Using Story Mode for creating The Drifter is not allowed
*If you download a Sim, make sure that they do not have any Skills or extra Traits gained as this could give unwanted advantages

REQUIRED GAME SETTINGS
Under the Gameplay tab in the Game Options menu select the following:
-Autonomy - Full
-Auto Age (Played Sims) - Yes
-Sim Lifespan - Normal

WHERE TO START AND LAST MINUTE PREPARATIONS
-Choose any Season to start in (Seasons needed)
-In Game Options set Season length as well as rain/snow options (Seasons needed)
-In Game Options you may choose to opt out of Fame (Get Famous needed)
-Move The Drifter onto the Agave Abode Residential Lot in Oasis Springs
-You may select 1-3 Lot Traits in Build Mode (these can be changed at any time)
-Using the Calendar create/add any Holidays or Events you'd like (Seasons needed)
-Drop the Active Household Funds to $0 Simoleons (testingcheats on + Money 0)
-Save your game
-Make a backup save of your game (start of House 001)
*I highly recommend that you make these separate game save files so that if you are unsatisfied with how things turn out or you experience a House Challenge fail, you will have the option to redo House 001 without having to redo all the set up procedures

THE ONLY PLAYABLE SIM THIS HOUSE CHALLENGE IS:
-The Drifter you created
*All other Household Sims are considered non-playable who may only be controlled using options available through their portrait in the bottom left hand corner

REQUIRED GOALS OF HOUSE 001
1. As a minimum create a 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom home worth at least $30k Simoleons

2. Produce and raise The Heir to the Young Adult life stage
*When The Heir reaches Young Adult, you must stop game play and save if you are continuing onto House 002

ALL ABOUT THE HEIR
-The Heir is the firstborn baby made between The Drifter and another Sim who is part of the Active Household at the time the WooHoo For Baby interaction is used
*Vampire babies cannot be considered as The Heir

IT IS A HOUSE CHALLENGE FAIL IF:
-Any Required Goal was not completed before The Heir ages to Young Adult
-The Heir dies or is otherwise removed from the Active Household

WHERE AND WHEN YOU CAN TRAVEL
$1k Simoleons sitting in Active Households Funds is required ANY time you travel to:
-Party or Event locations the Household is asked to attend or playable Sims host
-Willow Creek - to access the tree to Sylvan Glade
-Sylvan Glade
-Granite Falls (Outdoor Retreat needed)
-The Bluffs (Get Together needed) - invite required
-The Ruins (Get Together needed) - invite required
-The Von Haunt Estate (Get Together needed) - invite required
-Club locations the Household is asked to attend or playable Sims host (Get Together needed)
-Festival Locations (City Living needed) - invite required
-Restaurants (Dine Out needed)
-Vet Clinics (Cats and Dogs needed)
-Selvadorada (Jungle Adventures needed)
-Strangerville (Strangerville needed) - to purchase items from the Curio Vendor
-Glimmerbrook - to access the portal to the Magic Realm (Realm Of Magic needed)
-The Magic Realm *HQ, Gardens, Dueling Grounds and Casters Alley* (Realm Of Magic needed)

*The Active Household Funds requirement does not apply if you travel to:
-Visit The Final Resting Place of Sims - to strengthen ties or release spirits
-Lots required for work or Aspiration Milestones - for the required updates
-Retail Lots that the Active Household owns (Get To Work needed)
-Hospital (Get To Work needed)
-Police Station (Get To Work needed)
-Science Station (Get To Work needed)
-Sixam (Get To Work needed)

ADDING SIMS TO THE ACTIVE HOUSEHOLD
-Sims that join the Active Household MUST be added using the Move In interaction except:
*Adopted Sims
*Created Clones (Get To Work needed)
*Whispering Wishing Well acquired Sims (Romantic Garden Stuff needed)
*Adopted Pets (Cats And Dogs needed)
*Duplicato Spell Created Clones (Realm Of Magic needed)
-If a Sim you are inviting to Move In has other Household Members attached, you may split their Household or Move In any number of them
-Check mark "Sell All Lot Furnishings" if the option is available
-Active Household Funds MUST be reset to the amount it was before the new Sim(s) Moved In

NON-PLAYABLE SIMS CAN:
-Redeem their points in the Rewards Store
-Answer phones and respond to pop-up events
-Use the following interactions:
*Blow Out Candles, Make A Wish, or Taste Frosting (Age Up)
*Change Outfit
*Claim Bed
-Spend Fame Points (Get Famous needed)

YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO:
-Use any age altering or life prolonging items
-Create or designate other Sims to fill the role of The Drifter or The Heir should either of them die or be removed from the Active Household
-Move any Sims OUT of the Active Household
-Host Club Gatherings on the Active Home Lot (Get Together needed)
-Designate the Active Home Lot as a Club Hangout destination (Get Together needed)
-Have The Drifter or The Heir become a Vampire (Vampires needed)

ADDITIONAL INFO
-You may select the Traits of the Sims in the Active Household (upon Age Up)
-At any time you may change the Aspiration of any Sim in the Active Household
-Any playable Sim in the Active Household may purchase and/or manage the following:
*Retail Lot (Get To Work needed)
*Restaurant (Get To Work needed)
*Vet Clinic (Cats And Dogs needed)
-Puppies or kittens born into the Active Household may be kept or sold (Cats and Dogs needed)
-The use of any Mods or Custom Content is at your discretion
rXyqmuX.jpg
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• VihishaVihisha Posts: 2,767 Member
    edited September 2019
    GOOD LUCK, AND HAPPY DRIFTING!!
    Post edited by Vihisha on
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    Let me see if I understand. Start with one controllable Sim. When the heir becomes a YA do they stay on the original lot? Or they are then to move to another lot? Bookmarked thread and YouTube channel.
  • naniminnananiminna Posts: 463 Member
    Are you releasing this challenge in segments? Or is it the same challenge just filling each lot up over time?
    Let me see if I understand. Start with one controllable Sim. When the heir becomes a YA do they stay on the original lot? Or they are then to move to another lot? Bookmarked thread and YouTube channel.

Yes...start w/1 main Sim...Move-in "heir creator"...Produce Heir...THEN...when Heir reaches YA...This house challenge is over. Everyone stays in that house EXCEPT the heir...which will move on to House 002 (next mini-challenge) & will become your Main Sim for that house challenge. =)
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    naniminna wrote: »
    Are you releasing this challenge in segments? Or is it the same challenge just filling each lot up over time?

It's in segments. We fill up the lots as we go....each house will come w/a whole new set of challenges 2 complete before moving on 2 the next house challenge.

If you rather enjoy 1 specific house challenge..it works as a stand alone challenge as well....so if the WHOLE challenge is 2 much or u just prefer smaller/quicker challenges...then by all means...just use the mini-house challenge(s) 2 enhance your own game play =)

rXyqmuX.jpg
  • SimsLegendSontiaSimsLegendSontia Posts: 70 Member
    @Vihisha , just the sound of demolishing all the sims lots sounds interesting, Ok... Let me keep reading it....
    Click Here To Read The Fuentes Family Values Now ---> mysims4journey.weebly.com/read-the-journey

nii.jpg
  • SimsLegendSontiaSimsLegendSontia Posts: 70 Member
    Wow, this challenge sounds fun! After I'm done with my generations, I'll definitely make an attempt at this.
    Click Here To Read The Fuentes Family Values Now ---> mysims4journey.weebly.com/read-the-journey

nii.jpg
    Wow, this challenge sounds fun! After I'm done with my generations, I'll definitely make an attempt at this.
    Awesome!! I hope u enjoy it =) B sure 2 keep me posted...I'd love 2 c how things progress 4 ya!

rXyqmuX.jpg
  • simtastic40simtastic40 Posts: 14 New Member
    I'm totally gonna play this. I'll do a let's play on youtube once I'm done uploading the Wonder Child Challenge.
    I'm totally gonna play this. I'll do a let's play on youtube once I'm done uploading the Wonder Child Challenge.
    Sweet! Let me know....I would love 2 follow along when u do! So leave me a channel link =)
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    I'm ggoing to do this challenge too on my channel once I finish my current project. I wanna watch how everyone else does first! Super excited to watch all the let's plays and read the blogs! ^^
    I'm ggoing to do this challenge too on my channel once I finish my current project. I wanna watch how everyone else does first! Super excited to watch all the let's plays and read the blogs! ^^
    Yeay..that makes me so excited!! Make sure u give me your channel link as well @naniminna I'd love 2 watch =)

rXyqmuX.jpg
    @Vihisha I started! I put a link to my playlist on youtube for it in my siggie if you still wanna check it out! ^^ I am having a lot of fun so far. But man deleting all those lots and everything took like 20 minutes! Lol! <3
    @Vihisha I started! I put a link to my playlist on youtube for it in my siggie if you still wanna check it out! ^^ I am having a lot of fun so far. But man deleting all those lots and everything took like 20 minutes! Lol! <3

Fabulous...I shall take a gander =) I'm so glad 2 hear that u r enjoying the challenge!!! =)
    Yeah...deleting the whole town is a bear....we do have a blank copy here so if u needed a blank world again, or whatever...this will only take a minute =)
    Off 2 watch your video(s)! Have a great day!
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    @Vihisha I tried that, but it required some kind of something I didn't have on my computer. So I just manually did it, cuz I really wanted to play! ^^

It's a lot of fun! Thanks for checking out my video. I should have part 2 and 3 up sometime today! ^^ Having a lot of fun with it. ^^
    @Vihisha I tried that, but it required some kind of something I didn't have on my computer. So I just manually did it, cuz I really wanted to play! ^^

It's a lot of fun! Thanks for checking out my video. I should have part 2 and 3 up sometime today! ^^ Having a lot of fun with it. ^^

Gotcha! Glad that not being able 2 snag that blank world wasn't a deal breaker 4 ya ;)
    I'll b watching 4 your other videos =) It sure is nice 2 know that it's been fun 4 u so far!!
    I have episode 2 posted up on my channel & plan on uploading more this coming week...stay tuned!

rXyqmuX.jpg
    Funny you said that, I'm actually already watching those. I'm almost done with part 1 now, and will be watching part 2 soon. =)
    Part 2 and 3 are already up. I am not going to be able to play my games for a few days, so I'll be continuing the game in a few days.
  • FennadevFennadev Posts: 180 Member
    I am gonna start this challenge right away, I totally love the idea of starting with completely nothing and building a complete town out of nothing. I am still a newbie and not someone who uploads let's plays, but I will send pictures as soon as I can on this forum. I think I will use a female character, but I don't exactly have a name in mind yet, but that will come.
    edited March 2015
    Fennadev wrote: »
    I am gonna start this challenge right away, I totally love the idea of starting with completely nothing and building a complete town out of nothing. I am still a newbie and not someone who uploads let's plays, but I will send pictures as soon as I can on this forum. I think I will use a female character, but I don't exactly have a name in mind yet, but that will come.

Very cool...I can't wait 4 those pics!!! I hope u enjoy playing...feel free 2 also leave me your opinion on the challenge as well...I'd love 2 hear your take on it =)
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    Can I actually travel to other lots within the street to dig up those treasures, bcos there's a rock on a lot in my street. Yes, I forgot the amount of comments needed, but I know I can't get pics up yet.
    I got another question worked up, hope you don't mind me posting twice. Can my sim get a job? It would make making money a lot easier.
    And here's some information about her. Her name is Jaylene Dawnson, she loves the outdoors, is active and creative, her aspiration is bodybuilder, but I think I will switch it, because she can't go to the gym, which is needed for this aspiration. She is your typical punk rock girl, wearing a lot of leather and having pink hair.
    Can I actually travel to other lots within the street to dig up those treasures, bcos there's a rock on a lot in my street. Yes, I forgot the amount of comments needed, but I know I can't get pics up yet.

U may travel all up & down your street & the surrounding areas of that street..but u may NOT visit any other lots even if they r on your street...they r not built therefore considered locked. U SHOULD b able 2 reach all of the harvestables & collectables in that area without actually being ON a lot....if the car icon pops up 2 visit the lot...then u know it's a no go place...otherwise it's fair game on the street.

rXyqmuX.jpg
    I got another question worked up, hope you don't mind me posting twice. Can my sim get a job? It would make making money a lot easier.
    And here's some information about her. Her name is Jaylene Dawnson, she loves the outdoors, is active and creative, her aspiration is bodybuilder, but I think I will switch it, because she can't go to the gym, which is needed for this aspiration. She is your typical punk rock girl, wearing a lot of leather and having pink hair.

Ah okies...so you're waiting 4 member status..got it. Well..when it allows u 2 post pics..I'd love 2 c what you're up 2 =)
    I don't mind u posting twice..feel free 2 post anytime u need 2 ask a question or wanna' leave me an update on your progress....I'm interested in it all!
    Your Sim is allowed 2 get a job in ANY field....or not bother w/a job @ all...it's totally up 2 how u wanna' go about reaching your 30k house qualification.
    Jaylene sounds like a fun gal! Have fun & holler if u need anything else -k-

rXyqmuX.jpg
  • PeachesnDucksPeachesnDucks Posts: 1,537 Member
    This sounds really fun. I'm going to give it a try. Thanks for doing this for us. :)
    This sounds really fun. I'm going to give it a try. Thanks for doing this for us. :)

Yeay!! You're so very welcome & I hope that u enjoy the challenge =)

rXyqmuX.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top