Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

how long can you play the sims 4?

Comments

• LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    I play the game for 15-20 minutes maybe, and then I leave it alone and let the game run itself.
  • simmieforeversimmieforever Posts: 36 Member
    > @mechanicalfetus said:
    > If I'm building, an hour, maybe an hour and a half. If it's regular gameplay, maybe thirty minutes.

One does not simply play sims 4 for a half hour xD
    funny-gif-club-cant-handle-party-hard.gif
  • simmieforeversimmieforever Posts: 36 Member
    I play from the morning to 12 at night lol
    funny-gif-club-cant-handle-party-hard.gif
  • jh2011jh2011 Posts: 137 Member
    @simmieforever me too! i get so caught up in it sometimes
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    2 to 3 hours before I'm bored
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • CipherMandyCipherMandy Posts: 524 Member
    It all depends on how much time I have to play.

If I am working and/or on call for my job...an hour two at the most.

If it's a day off I can easily play for 5 hours. I will say this, though. When the game first launched I could only play for maybe 3 hours. Before the boredom really started to set in. Now that we have a bit more content I'm having a blast.
  • AceofSpades2231AceofSpades2231 Posts: 594 Member
    So I have this weird thing where I like almost forget about TS4. (Majoras mask 3d is becoming my life) I literally wont play for a week or two, then I will sit down. (using today as an example) 7 hours later I look at the clock and realize I have been playing for 7 hours. another hour later I quit. I just love this game (I seem to be in the minority). Then I start getting school work, and other things interfere and I have to budget my time. And sadly Majora's mask seems to take up the little free time I have. But when I have time. You may not speak to me. ;)
    eqnxTFN.jpg
    I love video games because of the things that I could never do in real life... For instance, in the sims you can get a job and a house.
    Origin ID: Mainmanvs100
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    I turn it on and then turn it off after about two minutes.

I finally got a better graphics card (the best that I could afford) and I looked around the game just hoping... and then turned it off. Flat plants and still jagged walls, still not up to what I so wanted for this game. I'm actually very depressed about this and yet I know it's only a game; the main game series I've played since 2003.
    I have been looking and searching for a new game for my down time. Oh, well.... something will come along.
  • Starglitters9909Starglitters9909 Posts: 2,524 Member
    There's just isn't that much in the sims 4 to keep you occupied for very long. I had rather play the sims 3. I can play it for hours on end.
    6cca377d-2512-4319-9ce5-8f4c646cf7f8_zpsa768ec53.jpg
  • claritysfclaritysf Posts: 384 Member
    I never have enough time to play as much as I would want to play, so I don't know. Give me a few days with unlimited free time and then I could give you a good estimate. Right now I can only play for an hour , but only because I have to go to sleep and work the next day. I've only shut off the Sims out of necessity, never boredom. Maybe that's why I love the game so much, I don't have enough time to get bored with it. Who knows? ;)
    tumblr_mackehc6CQ1qgi6ty.gif
  • WolfEyesWolfEyes Posts: 2,192 Member
    Whether actually playing or building I can easily spend 8 plus hours a day. What can I say? I'm retired right now so I can do what I want. o:)
    Sims 4 Simple Elegance

152511.gif

This is the truth.
    Mitakuye oyasin.
    To all my relations, keep dancing.
    Believe or you will not see.
  • kokoro80kokoro80 Posts: 651 Member
    I can play all weekend. My origin says I've played 584 hours since September, but I have played a fair bit offline as well. I am loving this game!
  • dogdancerdogdancer Posts: 447 Member
    Whoa! I think I out did myself today. I must have played for about 6 hours today. I haven't played that long since Sims 4 first came out.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    3-4 hours a day for now. I usually have school too, and I don't have much free time when I get home.

I don't know how some of you guys can play in 30 mins! I can never get anything done in the game in 30 mins at speed 1.

But I remember when I was younger and I could play The Sims 1 for 8 hours a day. XD I don't even know how that was possible.
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    The first time i played it for about an hour and a half (building the house). The next two or three times about an hour (getting my sim pregnant and having a baby). After that I've never managed to play it longer than fifteen minutes or so, I just become very bored with them very quickly. Sims 3 I can play forever (most of the time I have to force myself to quit because it's time to go to bed) and Sims 2 - a new game for me - also keeps me occupied for hours.
    I still hope new content is going to change this.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    I turn it on and then turn it off after about two minutes.

I'm actually very depressed about this and yet I know it's only a game; the main game series I've played since 2003.
    I have been looking and searching for a new game for my down time. Oh, well.... something will come along.
    It is quite depressing... I've been playing the Sims games for the same sort of time-scale as you and it has always been the game for me. I did once get involved with Oblivion, but nothing else has stolen any of my time until now.

I load it up, within about 15 minutes I'm thinking 'what am I playing this for?' and it's even kinda tainted Sims 3 and Sims 2 for me, which is devastating really. It's just kinda put me off the sims altogether in a way. I do still play 2 and 3, but not as much anymore.

I had a go with Simcity, which was ok for a while, then I've been playing Banished. And now I'm looking at getting Cities Skylines. I guess I'm moving on... the only reason I still hang around here is in the vain hope they will add much desired features and turn the game around.

• JellyEyesJellyEyes Posts: 354 Member
    Last night I played at least two or three hours. It was a good evening because I didn't crash once. Crashing tends to shorten my playing time.
  • FuzzygiraffeFuzzygiraffe Posts: 172 Member
    Most I've played at one time is five hours. I only knew because I got the 5 hour achievment and decided I should probably get off XD
  • AbyssalOfDarknessAbyssalOfDarkness Posts: 51 Member
    If I'm creating, around 2 hours. If playing a household, probably 5-6 hours per day at first and when time passes by, 2-3 hours per day. Things gets interesting when you first start out but as you achieve more, you'll get lesser objective. It'll get boring eventually.
    The most important thing that comes to doing business... Dumb People

10941830_10204344470838609_8256131450011807256_n.jpg?oh=207c118c107b2274bf4f9b95ac06e03e&oe=55B9C166

Upcoming expansion pack => Sims 4: Get to Work
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    JellyEyes wrote: »
    Last night I played at least two or three hours. It was a good evening because I didn't crash once. Crashing tends to shorten my playing time.

If you post in the Technical forums next time it crashes, maybe we can help you solve it so you can play longer :)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • MiluinethMiluineth Posts: 1 New Member
    right now ive played 90 hours all together if i dont have anything to do and i want to play the sims ill play for atleast 3-4 hours at a time and if i just get immersed ill play for 5-10 hours
  • JoshuaSkylarJoshuaSkylar Posts: 158 Member
    I can play TS4 for at max an hour before just feeling like myself going insane. On the other hand, I was playing TS3 last week until 4 AM, :lol: . (~6 hrs of playing straight :flushed: )
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    A whole day? I've played over 500 hours, no EPs/GPs. Most of the hours come from live mode, but I've recently found that build mode can get really intensive :D
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    When I first got the game, I could binge on it for quite a few hours... when I got 'Get To Work', I binged on it for a few days... but overall, I can hardly play for a few minutes. It's just so boring... I've gone back to Sims 3 and can actually play that game for hours and hours per day. I have a save file in Sims 3 that I've been playing for a month and I'm already on my third generation. I haven't even made it to my 2nd generation in Sims 4... even after almost a whole year of having the game.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • WindelyWindely Posts: 652 Member
    I could be playing TS2 for like 9 hours that I wouldn't get bored. The TS3 for 6 hrs straight. For the TS4 the max is 3 hrs. So, if you're good at Maths, you can figure how much time I'll spend playing TS5.
    Dina Caliente. ♡ TS2. ♡ Nina Caliente.