Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• countrykris1playcountrykris1play Posts: 155 Member
    edited March 2015
    Don't know if my post will be up in time. But I just now posted my Entry and it said it would post after approved. Don't know why I have to wait for an approval.

Edit: Figured it out. If you post your entry first with out links to Media then it will go. After that just go and edit the post to add media.
  • gmcroziergmcrozier Posts: 1,078 Member
    @countrykris1play try posting without the pic, and then edit and add your pic
    edited March 2015
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #: 13
    FORUM ID: countrykris1play
    ORIGIN ID: LotusCo
    LEVEL: Established

LOT: Grey Stones
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: MEDIA
    ENTRY DETAILS: 50x50 Residential 2 bed 2 bath valued at $202,222 Added a bar where the satires would have gone and made the laundry aria a sitting room.
    00-filled.jpg

SIM: Johnson's
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: MEDIA
    ENTRY DETAILS: Kaye is a Foodie and hopes to have a Successful Lineage. She is also Family-Oriented and Neat. Kieran is a Perfectionist and hopes to become Fabulously Wealthy. He's also a Genius and Ambitious. Kaiden is Out Going and hopes to attain the title of Whiz Kid.

ROOM: Kaiden's Room
    ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: MEDIA
    ENTRY DETAILS: 7x6 room valued at $18,771 They always say spoil the child, spare the rod. Every kids dream a room full of toys and computer.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A
    CHEATS USED: bb.moveobjects
    MOODS USED: No Fade Sims and Objects, No-Fade Ceiling Lights, and No-Fade Trees and Streetlamps
  • benlow11benlow11 Posts: 83 Member
    edited March 2015
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #: 13-Best Laid Plans
    FORUM ID:benlow11
    ORIGIN ID:benlow11
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: Johnson Starter
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://www.slideshare.net/benlow11/best-laid-plans-45455894
    ENTRY DETAILS: Two bed, two bath, 50x50, Lot price in gallery: $234,490 + lot price = $244, 490

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes Please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None, I did use the cheat to unlock items.

deo036.jpg
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    @pammiechick and @Karababy52 you have until Saturday 9am to get your entries in. Hope you get them finished would be lovely to see them!
    GArBA5W.jpg
    So apart from those who requested an extension, challenge #13 is now closed. Keep a look out for challenge #14 it will be up soon :)
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited March 2015
    Operation Homefront

You sit in the waiting room, still feeling a bit flustered at the sheer amount of personal information you had to disclose at the gate just set foot on the military base. The building is bustling with people, a dizzying sea of camouflage and dress blues. The man behind the reception desk puts the phone back in the cradle and says, “The Squadron Leader will see you now. Right this way, please.”

You follow him through a set of gleaming mahogany doors into the Squadron Leader's office. A burly man in a crisp uniform is pouring over plans tacked to a large bulletin board, his back ramrod straight. His blond hair is cropped close, and his skin is deeply tanned after hours under a hot sun. He turns and extends his hand to you. “Good morning. Ryan Kavanagh, Squadron Leader.” Your hand has disappeared in his enormous grasp.

“Good morning, sir. How may I help you?”

“We are in the process of rezoning a portion of this post and have appropriations to add housing for military families. I would like for you to design a modest family home for this purpose.”

“Certainly,” you reply. “What are the specifications required?”

Motioning at the bulletin board, which you now see is covered in winding streets and small, almost identical plots of land, Kavanagh responds, “The homes need to be modest 2- or 3-bedroom, 1-bathroom structures with the basic necessities: living, kitchen and dining. They must be a single story and built on slab foundations; basements are not in the budget.” His speech is clipped and concise.

“Is there a particular style of home you would prefer?” you ask, already mentally laying out possible floor plans.

“Something with clean lines, not a lot of bric-a-brac. Perhaps a craftsman bungalow or mid-century modern ranch. The landscaping should be tasteful but not overdone. The lots are small, only 20x20, so the yard space will be limited. The build must come in under $40,000 Simoleons.”

“I will begin immediately. We can have the first unit built in two weeks. Do you have any additional requirements, sir?”

“If time allows, I would like to see a mock-up of 4 different exterior choices on the home, in complementary color schemes. Nothing loud or garish. The structures will be uniform, but I would like a few options in terms of color.”

“Absolutely. I will be in touch. It was a pleasure to meet you.” Kavanagh shakes your hand again, the faintest curl of a smile at the corner of his mouth.

“Likewise. I look forward to our next meeting. Private Sanders will see you out.”

THE BRIEF:
    20x20 lot in the town of your choice
    2 or 3 bedrooms
    1 bathroom
    Living room
    Kitchen
    Dining room
    1 story, on a slab foundation
    Craftsman bungalow or mid-century modern ranch
    Modest, clean landscaping
    $40,000 budget

SIM CHALLENGE:
    Make Ryan Kavanagh and show yourself giving him a tour of the prototype build.

ROOM CHALLENGE:
    Not exactly a room challenge this time, but recolor the exterior and landscaping of the build in four different ways so the Squadron Leader has options. Each option will need to be uploaded to the gallery to qualify for entry.

Above all, have fun!

The challenge deadline is Wednesday 18th March Midnight CMT.
    Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    @pammiechick and @Karababy52 you have until Saturday 9am to get your entries in. Hope you get them finished would be lovely to see them!

Yay! \o/ Thank you SO much for the extension, very much appreciated! I probably won't need that much time, but it's nice to know it's there if needed. I'm pretty much finished building and decorating, just need to do a play test, make any needed adjustments and take screenshots, etc. I'll most likely be able to post my entry later tonight or tomorrow at the latest. Thanks again! <3

• DieterPrivateDieterPrivate Posts: 459 Member
    @Karababy52, I have the same problem Had to deliver a project at work, so I'm not finished yet. I sure will finish it by tomorrow I think.
  • lisa17annlisa17ann Posts: 2,749 Member
    edited March 2015
    Hi I know I can't enter this challenge now that it's over/nearly over but i was just going to have a go for my own personal fun but, I can't seem to find any 20x20 lot's? am I missing something? I am a bit sick so maybe it's my fever? hahaha
    Post edited by lisa17ann on
    34921575804_8da1fd7db6_z.jpg

• pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    edited March 2015
    @Lisa17ann the 20 x 20 lot challenge is new. You have two weeks to complete it. We are all whining about having trouble finishing the previous one, so no worries.
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    Oh right @pammiechick thanks but, I still can't find any 20x20 lots in my game lol lots of 20x30 and 20x15 so I'm a bit confused by that.

• pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    @lisa17ann Yeah...these are based off old Sims 3 challenges, so @buildnshare will update us on that soon. :)
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    edited March 2015
    I don't think this one has been adjusted to be for Sims 4. There is no 20x20 lot, no Laundry and there is no way to make a garage.

I would assume then to build it on a 20x30 lot and remove the Laundry space and 1-car garage or carport.

Is CC allowed on this one?
    Thanks for the info =) I think I will have a go at this!

• DesiiAnoworDesiiAnowor Posts: 371 Member
    In addition to the above questions regarding Operation Homefront: are we to furnish the interior of the house? As someone that spent a lot of time in military housing - we usually didn't get furniture with the houses when we arrived at base. so just curious :)
  • NhicksNhicks Posts: 1,580 Member
    I would love to participate but seeing that I can't connect to the gallery I wonder if I can... :'(
    Find Me In The Gallery! MzHicks #MzHicks
    ~My showcase thread~
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/814744/mzhicks-builds
    How You Liven - A Peek Into YOUR Sims World
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/887032/how-you-liven#latest
    edited March 2015
    I have started my build on a 20x15 lot just in case if that is the size we are to use.

Since there is no 20x20 lot. Only option is a 20x15 or 20x30. Would like to know which lot size we are to use? It would also be great to know, do we have to make it look like there is space for Laundry and a car port?

Would really love to find out the answers.
    Post edited by countrykris1play on
  • LebannaLebanna Posts: 1,157 Member
    I don't think this one has been adjusted to be for Sims 4. There is no 20x20 lot, no Laundry and there is no way to make a garage.

I would assume then to build it on a 20x30 lot and remove the Laundry space and 1-car garage or carport.

Is CC allowed on this one?

I will ask the other judges what they think abou the lot size, will get back to you abou that one.
    It's best to start on a 20x15 lot, you can move that over to a 20x30 lot if that is the one we are going for, other way around is a lot harder.

Laundry might not actually be in the game, but that doesn't mean you can't improvise to make it look like that.
    Same goes with the garage/carport. There are plenty of ways to make it look like a garage. Be creative! Don't let yourself be limited by the game. The garage doors in TS3 were only decorative in a way that the car didn't actually go through them either, so why not make something that looks like it?

Also, CC is always allowed in the challenges, unless it's specified that it's not. We allow CC, but mention where you got it from, and be fair with price/quality rating. So no level 10 energy bed for $200 for example.
    Writer for Platinum Simmers

Gallery ID: Annabelli_22
  • Issabella14Issabella14 Posts: 1,656 Member
    edited March 2015
    @Lebanna, do I understand this correctly? This house must be build and furnished for $40 000 and the room challenge is separate to the main challenge. Sorry but this is confusing me a bit. I really hope it is 20 X 30 I have already have done the room challenge on a 20X30 lot, but no worries, I will just have to make a plan.
    Edit: also with the room challenge must the houses be furnished or is it just the exterior you will be judging.
  • gmcroziergmcrozier Posts: 1,078 Member
    edited March 2015
    @Lebanna just something to think about.... with one of the styles being mid-century modern ranch it will be incredibly difficult to pull off on a 20x15 lot. Especially because all of the 20x15 lots have the 15 side toward the street.

On a side note.... I already have mine built and complete on a 20x30
    I agree fully with you @gmcrozier. I really hope they decide on the 20X30 lot size.
    @Issabella14 The Room challenge and the main house challenge are 2 separate challenges.
    If you don't have enough time to do the whole build, you could opt to do only the room.
    Or if you have extra time and still want to build, you could do the room challenge as a separate challenge.
    OR you could use the room in your main build and enter it separately for the room challenge. All is up to you.

You are not obligated to do the room challenge when doing the main challenge.
    We do ask a separate slideshow of the room when doing the room challenge, to highlight it.

Does this makes sense?

And if you have just done the room challenge on a 20x30 lot, that's fine, a room upload is not tied to a lot size, so you can still move that to a 20x15 lot if needed. A house is tied to a lot size. It can be moved to a larger lot, but not to a smaller lot.

edited March 2015
    Thanks @Lebanna, I have got that now :) . Is the main challenge $40 000 with furniture?
    Yes that is including furniture, landscaping, walls, windows, everything.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top