Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Exclusive Interview with A Producer on Get to work! Illnesses, Babies, group shots Oh my!

Comments

• windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    Nice job, Billy! Thanks!
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • libra_stylelibra_style Posts: 1,229 Member
    Don't worry guys the rest of this ep will be made up by gamepacks....for those who are disappointed .....to bad there isn't a real life motherlode cheat
  • Artemis_DreamerArtemis_Dreamer Posts: 200 Member
    Thank you very much for posting the details of this interview with the SimGurus!

I personally WILL be purchasing the new expansion pack when it is released. It introduces a number of interesting features, and it continues the "gradual expansion from a limited base" trend that has been occurring with the Sims 4 since release.

This EP is in keeping with the scale and pace of the base game. I'm looking forward to it.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Hey guys recently i had the opportunity to interview a SimGuru on the upcoming Expansion pack Sims 4:Get to work! I Had the pleasure of interviewing SimGuruDave a Producer On Get to work! Check out the full interview below, With lots of new information including Babies, Illnesses, Group shots and more!

>> https://thesimscraper.wordpress.com/2015/03/02/group-shots-illnesses-babies-oh-my/

Wow, great interview. Thanks for posting this on the forum. This answers several of my questions. I was hoping story progression would make it's way into the game, but with pregnant Sims spawning, it doesn't sound like it. Overall, the new EP sounds pretty exciting.

Well, if those pregnant Sims go back into the Not in World population with their kids, then it could at least be a way of growing the town on its own.

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
    bobyo2001 wrote: »
    ceejay402 wrote: »
    Celiria wrote: »
    I think this is getting kind of pathetic. One of the big complaints is that there isn't enough space, so now the first EP comes around and we get.... 4 lots. That's it 4 extra lots....

WIth the sims 3 they were able to give us a new 50+ lot world with every single expansion yet now they can't even bother to give us one 20-25 lot one? It just really bothers me that they say their listening to us but the fall short so badly at some of this stuff.

Seasons and generations did not provide new worlds
    At least we already had lots huge worlds (Sunset Valley, Riverview, Twinbrook and Bridgeport by Generations, plus Appaloosa Plains, Starlight Shores and Moonlight Falls by Seasons).

And we had all the worlds that players created in CAW and shared on the Exchange -- my favorite was Sunset Valley (Second Edition) by LynxAQ because he did an awesome job of expanding the world without losing the overall "feel" of the place, and with plenty of lots to add houses and venues.

I was hoping for a separate town or "world" to travel to, even if Sims can't live there full time, the way we got Granite Falls. I'm beginning to wonder if the only residential worlds will be Oasis Springs and Willow Creek, and we'll just have to either kill off our Sims or move them to Not in World population and risk them getting culled when our legacies get too large. :/ I'm still enjoying the game, but now worried about future limitations.
    Jarsie9 wrote: »
    I have to say that I was seriously pondering buying this expansion pack, but I've changed my mind. Normally, I buy an expansion pack for the new objects, not so much for the new game play. I have no desire to run my own business...I didn't in The Sims 2, but at least the venues were something new for my Sims to go hang out. I had expected much the same here...a pre-made venue operated by npc's where Sims can hang out. I didn't expect the hospital or police station to be available except if your Sim was in that career, although, in Sims 3, the fire station was open, and your Sims could sleep in one of their cots if necessary.

But if the only way to go to a bakery is to own it and run it as a business and the same with a clothing store, forget it. I guess I'm not interested in more linear grindy game play.

It sounds like you'll be able to visit the retail shops even if your Sims don't own it -- I'm going to try creating families to run various businesses then just leave them unplayed so my other families can patronize their businesses. In a sense it would then be a venue operated by NPCs, only you're the one who created or placed the NPCs in charge of that business. (Maybe I'll have the Landgraabs have a sudden downturn in fortunes and they're forced to go into the retail business to survive...)
  • mattytudemattytude Posts: 212 Member
    Thanks for asking these great questions!

I've preordered the expansion already and this has excited me! Granted the negatives posted above it's still something worth getting excited about!

I'm interested in the photography too and I imagine the mini-tasks like "Snap two Sims kissing" or "Take a photo of a group at a campfire" - if that materialises that could be a lot of fun to achieve rather than "Paint 5 excellent pictures".
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    4 whole lots! or you can open the business in your space starving neighborhood -_- They make this connective system and then ignore it because it's not like anyone need room to place lots -_-
  • SimatropolisSimatropolis Posts: 286 Member
    Um they already said ages ago we could visit NPC owned venues.
  • brainybeebrainybee Posts: 1,123 Member
    Sick Sims can't visit the hospital. They have to buy medicine from their computers at home :(
  • natashifiednatashified Posts: 3,314 Member
    They shouldn't be proud of 4 lots. Worthless EP.
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    brainybee wrote: »
    Sick Sims can't visit the hospital. They have to buy medicine from their computers at home :(

At least in Sims 3 my sims can got to the hospital for treatment. What's the use of making this elaborate building and not being able to use it :/
  • sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Hey guys recently i had the opportunity to interview a SimGuru on the upcoming Expansion pack Sims 4:Get to work! I Had the pleasure of interviewing SimGuruDave a Producer On Get to work! Check out the full interview below, With lots of new information including Babies, Illnesses, Group shots and more!

>> https://thesimscraper.wordpress.com/2015/03/02/group-shots-illnesses-babies-oh-my/

Congratulations on the interview :)
    Little bit disappointed in the content though. Its a tiny couple of worlds already. For those who like to have big families there isnt enough room as it is, cant be making retail lots in the worlds we already have or there wouldnt be room for any sims. Seriously why is it so cramped in the sims 4 universe?

Also cant use the hospital unless you are the Doctor? Thats really disappointing :(
  • ENolanENolan Posts: 2,735 Member
    06Bon06 wrote: »

At least in Sims 3 my sims can got to the hospital for treatment. What's the use of making this elaborate building and not being able to use it :/

Welcome to.. (Enters 1950's announcer voice) THE FUTURE!!!!
    welcome_to_the_future_t.jpg

Since it's been so long, I thought you just need a reminder.....
    bellavsfnaf3_retouch_by_rvu-d8fjnbd.jpg
  • Alysha1988Alysha1988 Posts: 3,452 Member
    No home businesses and medication magically appearing in sims inventories when ordered just like seeds and books :(

Oh well, it doesn't sound all bad. At least sims will be able to catch and transmit illnesses and we will be able to send our own controllable sims to the hospital to give birth.
  • katina92katina92 Posts: 33 Member
    Does anyone know if we can have multiple retail stores on the one lot? I'm cool with doing that too
  • grannyfay08grannyfay08 Posts: 24 Member
    I like the way its going, filling up the existing map and opening up new areas. I hated happening to rebuild everything with each new ep and store content in sims3. WritingReg put it much more eloquently than I have, but I have high hopes for this game.
  • jaxie086jaxie086 Posts: 1,920 Member
    When I saw the trailer for this EP I had expectations about how this EP was going to work, based on what and how they showed off features and stories in the trailer. Sims 2 EPs surpassed my expectations. Most of the sims 3 EPs met my expectations (some didn't). This EP is starting to prove to not even meet my expectations. They really shot themselves in the foot with the foundation they've set for sims 4. Lack of story progression and no open world is going to kill this EP. It just seems like the sims team isn't going to be "upping their game" to try to recover from Olympus, I was hoping they would.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    As I said on another thread, I find I have lots of room in my game.

Of the 42 lots:

10 are commercial/parks
    14 are empty lots
    12 lots house my current sim families that I rotate with
    and 5 have houses that are empty.

• keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Great interview

I am glad they are expanding on the current world but I personally think they should have added more than one neighborhood. They could have added an additional neighborhood for housing or anything else we wanted to add. It is not like they have to create a new world.

I am a little disappointed to hear when my Sims get sick they cannot go to the hospital to receive treatment. They have to call or order medicine from the computer. I mean really?? If we are going to open the hospital and police station then we should be able to go there. Geez might as well kept it a rabbit hole.

I am getting tired of the great ideas being executed poorly.
  • colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    Interesting.
  • katina92katina92 Posts: 33 Member
    oh my gosh, we are getting active careers, that is what we asked for.
  • BrokenChaos69BrokenChaos69 Posts: 928 Member
    I am disappointed that our sick Sims can't visit the hospital, they just purchase medicine from home. Lame.

I am disappointed that all we are getting is a new add-on to an existing world with, wait for it, this is exciting, FOUR WHOLE NEW LOTS. Really? That's it? The devs must not think space is an issue but it really seriously is one. :\

No home businesses is disappointing as well but not a deal breaker.

Overall my excitement has decreased. Sigh. I really want TS4 to be awesome but if this is the kinda decisions they are going to make regarding all expacs, I might end up changing my mind about the potential about this game.
    Gallery ID: ChaosKitten666
    I hope my Sims and lots aren't too terrible!
  • colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    Also, you didn't ask about Justine Keaton... :'(
  • ThatSwaggieThatSwaggie Posts: 255 Member
    FILTERS!!!!!
    tumblr_nuspl0ybfb1u94f66o4_540.gif