Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Funeral Event: Ideas and suggestions

With sims 4 our sims have the ability to host few events like a birthday party, dinner party or a house party yet one of the most important events still did not make it to the game. i.e The funeral event.

I will be suggesting that in the guru daily chats and hope we see something similar, do please share your ideas about the event too so I can sum them up all together.

- After a sim dies the household should have a whim to host a funeral event.
- Funeral events should also come with their set of goals.
- The host of the event should give a speech about the deceased to the guests.
- Sims should appear to the funeral dressed in formal black color!
- food should be provided for the guests
- Before the end of the event sim should be able to keep the grave on the lot or send it to a different community lot
- Mourning should be made in a different way. Some sims cry loudly and others just show a sad face.
- I think there should be few objects made specifically for the funeral event, like a coffin in different designs. Once the funeral event is finished the coffin should convert to a grave.
- Sims should be able to throw or place flowers on the coffin and the grave.

I find the funeral event is a good farewell for the dear sims we lose in future. Please if you have some suggestions or ideas do share them too.
Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
giphy.gif

Comments

• MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Yes, and maybe a baby shower event? If your celebrating a death, you should celebrate life.
    it could come in a generations like expansion pack.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    While it may sound a bit morbid to put goals in funeral event, hell, why not, it's a game, not RL.
    I wouldn't say no to diversity, if you need a support on this idea, you have mine.
  • halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    Yes, and maybe a baby shower event? If your celebrating a death, you should celebrate life.

A big yes to baby showers. I would love to see this in a generation EP.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    JoxerTM22 wrote: »
    While it may sound a bit morbid to put goals in funeral event, hell, why not, it's a game, not RL.
    I wouldn't say no to diversity, if you need a support on this idea, you have mine.

Yes the goals should be suitable for a funeral event.
    An example is having different quality range of funeral speeches. A goal can be giving a good or a very good quality speech about the deceased. This can be depending on the charisma level of the host.

Things like that.
    giphy.gif
  • Kail16Kail16 Posts: 3,051 Member
    Mmm...... in my culture we don't wear black to funerals. If they did this, I'd want the ability to set the color of mourning, otherwise I prolly wouldn't use the option.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    I'd like to have the option of good old wake as well -- music and a bar.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • teresa.eater.evansteresa.eater.evans Posts: 24 New Member
    I'm going to post a discussion of my own about funerals, and I'll mention your thread :) Hope that's ok :D
  • s2ladolcevitas2ladolcevita Posts: 341 Member
    Yes I was just thinking the same thing a few days ago. I'm on board with this funeral event.
  • mscosmomscosmo Posts: 118 Member
    Should be interesting. If it's like some families, someone will have to much to drink, or a fight will start. I like your idea, count me in.
  • SimmindipitySimmindipity Posts: 674 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »

I agree!!!! Both would be amazing
  • SimGuruDanielSimGuruDaniel Posts: 220 SimGuru
    Cool ideas, guys. I'd like to do something like this at some point.
  • litabelaqualitabelaqua Posts: 4,322 Member
    we have funeral parties in Sims 2, I would like to see them in Sims 4 as well
  • AndygalAndygal Posts: 1,280 Member
    And if we are doing funerals and baby showers we should do bachelor/bachelorette parties as well.
  • MarawynMarawyn Posts: 14 New Member
    I agree for both funerals and baby showers. I think also depending on what happens at the funeral can affect the Sim's ghost spawning. Maybe if the funeral is bad an angry ghost might haunt the family?

It would be nice also if they would add the generic House of Worship from SimCity so that our Sims can have a place to go for events such as funerals and weddings if they choose to do so.
  • FuzzygiraffeFuzzygiraffe Posts: 172 Member
    When goals were mentioned the first thing that popped into my head was something like "cry 6 times" but a speach in their honor sounds much better.
  • MarawynMarawyn Posts: 14 New Member
    > @Fuzzygiraffe said:
    > When goals were mentioned the first thing that popped into my head was something like "cry 6 times" but a speach in their honor sounds much better.

"Have 3 sims mourning at the same time."
  • rachelwolferachelwolfe Posts: 110 Member
    I realize this is necroposting, but in this case that seems rather appropriate. Just an update, it is now 2021 and we STILL do not have funerals in the Sims 4. To me, this seems very disrespectful to our dead sims. You don't need to incorporate every elaborate suggestion in this thread, but honestly sims team, at least give us a simple event with goals related to actions we already have in game, like "mourn at tombstone/urn," "comfort sad sims," and/or "engrave epitaph." I know there are mods for this, but we shouldn't need mods. We had funerals in past sims games, so I don't see why we can't have them in Sims 4.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top