Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

sims 4 graphics look like

Comments

• Options
    Starglitters9909Starglitters9909 Posts: 2,524 Member
    edited March 2015
    dmel25 wrote: »
    DarkMirage wrote: »
    Or this.

Beep... Beep!!

RREdit_zpsqpriwbfv.png

It's sad that the background looks like you took it from Sims 4 and photoshopped Wile E Coyote and Road Runner in.

Oh my, these rocks look just like the rocks in the sims 4. I would never have guessed it if I hadn't seen it. That should tell everyone something about the sims 4's graphics. I always said the rocks looked so fake and cartoony. This just proves my point.

6cca377d-2512-4319-9ce5-8f4c646cf7f8_zpsa768ec53.jpg
  • Options
    angelpuppy2angelpuppy2 Posts: 162 Member
    Or this.

Beep... Beep!!

RREdit_zpsqpriwbfv.png

It's sad that the background looks like you took it from Sims 4 and photoshopped Wile E Coyote and Road Runner in.

Oh my, these rocks look just like the rocks in the sims 4. I would never have guessed it if I hadn't seen it. That should tell everyone something about the sims 4's graphics. I always said the rocks looked so fake and cartoony. This just proves my point.

its so bad :(
  • Options
    LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    Or this.

Beep... Beep!!

RREdit_zpsqpriwbfv.png

its so bad :(

Yeah ... The shape & form, the lack of detail ... Feel like there's not depth. Shallow graphics, and shallow gameplay :disappointed:
  • Options
    ShaobunShaobun Posts: 1,155 Member
    @Starglitters9909 it looks like the rocks from TS4 because it is a TS4 screenshot with Wile E Coyote and Road Runner photoshopped in.

I don't like the cartooniness of the walks and the lack of texture, advanced render options, etc. I wish there was room for "grittiness" and character. It's sad that they're going to think they made good choices because I (and many others) will continue to buy TS4 content because the game is good enough, even if it wasn't made the way I think it should've been. I'd rather a great game than "good enough". It lacks the refinement I want.
    Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong. ~ Donald Porter
  • Options
    angelpuppy2angelpuppy2 Posts: 162 Member
    Shaobun wrote: »
    @Starglitters9909 it looks like the rocks from TS4 because it is a TS4 screenshot with Wile E Coyote and Road Runner photoshopped in.

I don't like the cartooniness of the walks and the lack of texture, advanced render options, etc. I wish there was room for "grittiness" and character. It's sad that they're going to think they made good choices because I (and many others) will continue to buy TS4 content because the game is good enough, even if it wasn't made the way I think it should've been. I'd rather a great game than "good enough". It lacks the refinement I want.

it doesn't even feel like i'm playing the sims....i feel like i'm playing an ipad game
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    CK213 wrote: »
    Some simmers have been making really cartoonish sims and I think they are more appropriate for the world EA has created.
    My more realistic sims made in CAS don't fit as well, and then add on the CC I prefer, and they really don't fit.

This guy, yeah he fits.
    12-28-14_7-16nbspPM-2.png

These two? No they are at odds with the cartoonish trees, grass and sky.
    12-31-14_4-58nbspPM.png

But I don't care, I'll live with the style clash. :|:p:)
    01-01-15_6-30nbspPM.png
    I recognize that eyelash CC on the girl. I love that. The CC for the Sims 4 is really nice.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    edited March 2015
    A lot of 2015 games use graphics like The Sims 4. It's "in" at the moment to have Cartoony/Watercolour graphics.

LiS-Ep1-Date-Init.jpg

Life-is-Strange-12.jpg

Life Is Strange graphics looks pretty similar to The Sims 4, and it's supposed to be realistic. Lego hair, painted backgrounds etc.

It's just what's in atm.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited March 2015
    This is why I use CC hairs. There are some really nice user made hairs for the Sims 4 so far. I'll paste a few of my favorites.
    David-DiscoHeaven-Converted-Retexture2.jpg

3711.jpg

David_Titanium_ConvertedRetextureSimistaFull.jpg

w-600h-450-2550671.jpg

520x450xw-600h-450-2532623-520x450.jpg.pagespeed.ic.K2R2BdWyjK.jpg
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    edited March 2015
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    A lot of 2015 games use graphics like The Sims 4. It's "in" at the moment to have Cartoony/Watercolour graphics.

Life Is Strange graphics looks pretty similar to The Sims 4, and it's supposed to be realistic. Lego hair, painted backgrounds etc.

It's just what's in atm.

No way, "Life is Strange" has better graphics than S4 ... Honestly when I saw your avi I thought it was S2 (just with cc).
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    @LaAbby wrote: »

It's just what's in atm.

No way, "Life is Strange" has better graphics than S4 ... Honestly when I saw your avi I thought it was S2 (just with cc).

Slightly better. The grass is still flat and green paintish like TS4, the objects are just painted with very simple textures.
    It hides behind a strong Lighting engine.

I played the leaked episode 2 of the game, and the lighting effects are disabled (I later added the file that brings them back) and the graphic detail was very simple.

They also blur backgrounds like The Sims 4.

Look at this kitchen for example;

Life-Is-Strange_2014_09-11-14_003.jpg?eaa32f

A few extra details, but looks similar to a Sims 4 kitchen.
  • Options
    SenbreSenbre Posts: 997 Member

It's just what's in atm.

Slightly better. The grass is still flat and green paintish like TS4, the objects are just painted with very simple textures.

I played the leaked episode 2 of the game, and the lighting effects are disabled (I later added the file that brings them back) and the graphic detail was very simple.

Sorry... I have to disagree..
    How much is 'Life is Strange"? Is it setted to be an AAA game?
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    @Senbre wrote: »

It's just what's in atm.

Sorry... I have to disagree..
    How much is 'Life is Strange"? Is it setted to be an AAA game?

$5 per episode (it's an episodic game), and there are 5 episodes announced so far, but there will probably be more.

And so far, it is expected to be big. SquareEnix (behind Tomb Raider, Kingdom Hearts etc) is behind it. It's already considered a critical success and public reception has been huge. It has 10/10 rating on Steam, which is almost impossible to get.

I predict the game will probably end up like The Walking Dead Episodic games.
  • Options
    It's definitely the trend right now. Life is strange and game of thrones (by telltale games) are both good examples. Life is strange definitely has more of the look I prefer though. I don't have time to go into it now to take screenshots (and it's my brothers game so I have limited access). I might try in a few days though. I'd like to have screenshots of kitchen, dining and lounge to compare the quality.
    Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong. ~ Donald Porter
  • Options
    lovejess2lovejess2 Posts: 3,049 Member
    This is the funniest thread ever because have any of you seen sims 3 gosh there pudding faces were horrific sims 4 any day
  • Options
    lovejess2 wrote: »
    This is the funniest thread ever because have any of you seen sims 3 gosh there pudding faces were horrific sims 4 any day
    No, nobody here has seen Sims 3 sims.

What's Sims 3?
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    It is very true about the graphics, but it's actually one of the things about the game that doesn't bother me massively. They kinda grow on ya.

A while back, someone likened the furniture graphics to Fisher Price toys. Maybe that's why I don't mind it too much, I used to love playing with them as a kid lol. All those play houses and little people... yes, I can definitely see why I play the sims now ;)
  • Options
    Exhibit Ehh
    n3xdz5.png2dl1wcj.jpg
  • Options

Cool glad I got that sorted out back to my rock.
  • Options
    Shaobun wrote: »

What's Sims 3?
    I think it's a granola cereal I might be wrong though better double check.
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    Exhibit Ehh
    n3xdz5.png2dl1wcj.jpg
    Nice try using what I think is the ugliest TS3 sim I have ever seen.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    edited March 2015

LiS-Ep1-Date-Init.jpg

Life-is-Strange-12.jpg

It's just what's in atm.
    You see your last sentence? 'At the moment' Sims is a game that has to last 5 years and has the potential to be played longer. It doesn't work for them to go with trends and add silly refrences in this game like they are currently doing. They are sabotaging their own game.

Even though their share the art style, life is strange has better graphics and I'm sure that game has ROUND objecrs and not octagons.
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    Exhibit Ehh
    n3xdz5.png2dl1wcj.jpg

Wow! Did you pull all the sliders to the right? Even my townies with the sliders in default possession doesn't look like that. Also, many people have rounder faces so I don't get the pudding look as you can easily create a slimmer face by using the sliders. If you were wondering, they shouldn't all go to the right ;)
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    SadieD123 wrote: »
    CK213 wrote: »
    Some simmers have been making really cartoonish sims and I think they are more appropriate for the world EA has created.
    But I don't care, I'll live with the style clash. :|:p:)
    01-01-15_6-30nbspPM.png

Ugh CK..... You and your beautiful Sims...... I love her. She's so pretty!
    I will have to agree and if there is one bright spot in Sims 4 it is the CAS. However, to me it is just not a enough to make it fun for me.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top