Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which expansion pack, please post your favorite

ยซ1
Which expansion pack would you say changed gameplay the most significantly and why?

For me i'm heavily leaning towards Seasons because of how the weather affects your Sims daily life, activities and attire. Most of all because of how it changes some of the lots into Festival lots and how each Season has an official holiday for your Sims to enjoy.

Comments

• ZeriZeri Posts: 15,073 Member
    yeah i would have to say supernatural or seasons oh, or pets, for the most drastic changes in gameplay. alot of the others have 'hidden' content that you really only access if you want to. you dont HAVE to go to china, you dont HAVE to go to the future, etc. i think pets is probalby my favorite tho. i cant live without my unicorns <3
  • Ralf453Ralf453 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Which one changed gameplay significantly? I would have to go Seasons because, like you said, the weather impacts Sims so much and doesn't make you feel like your town is built under a glass dome sheltered from rain.

My favorite EP would probably have to be World Adventures. Its just so much fun travelling to the destinations, exploring caves (even you did it more than once, its still always exciting), doing quests, seemingly endless stuff to collect, there is so much to do.
    grumpy-cat-lick.gif
  • Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    My favorite is WA- It's the first I purchased and I just love the way it's designed and the fact you can visit without moving there. Change the game wise- Seasons in a good way and Supernatural in a somewhat bad way. I like Supernatural but ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ! they're everywhere. There are more vampires, werewolves and fairies running around my resort in IP then regular people! Well, there were before I went on a deletion rampage and just erased their ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ every time I saw one- LOL! Seasons really does change every other EP in the game however and in a real way.
  • alyssasim87alyssasim87 Posts: 1,277 Member
    I think seasons and and supernatural changed gameplay the most. But I also feel generations made childhood 10x better in the sims.
    my origin id is simkitten87

Im a simmer forever <3
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,920 Member
    Island Paradise because I wanted boats and didn't expect to get them. It also introduced a few new bugs.
  • JaiSeaJaiSea Posts: 907 Member
    It's always Pets, no matter which Sims I'm playing. I just can not live without my doggies!
    Check out my latest Multiplayer Let's Play! The Off the Grid challenge - single family addition.
    MPOTGthumbnail.jpg
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    It's really hard to choose one favourite because I love them for different reasons. I wouldn't want to miss Seasons in a daily gameplay kind of way. But WA is my favourite in a specific 'play there' way. And Supernatural because of the life states it added. And Showtime I couldn't miss because of the genies.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • RsandaRsanda Posts: 257 Member
    Into the Future, because I love sci-fi stuff. But other than that, it introduced some unique things to TS3, such as a clothing store, non-rabbithole cafeteria, holo pets, hover boards, jetpack, dreampod, remade futuristic objects with their own animations such as holo computer, tv, hover cars etc, legacy statues and lots of more. It has more features than most of the expansion packs. And also I love Oasis Landing, I am using that town more than my home town :)
    After ITF, I prefer Supernatural, I love lifestates and it's world, Moonlight Falls. However I agree that Supernaturals should be rare, we shouldn't run across fairies, vampires etc on everywhere.
    My least favourite eps are Seasons, Generations and Ambitions. Generations doesn't bring anything useful for me with the exception of potions. I don't have time to play with Ambitions careers. And it's snowing everyday in winter and raining everyday in spring/fall. Only thing I like with seasons is the alien lifestate.
    Not a native English speaker. Sorry for any mistakes
  • ReaperKikiReaperKiki Posts: 7 New Member
    edited February 2015
    > @berginon said:
    > Into the Future, because I love sci-fi stuff. But other than that, it introduced some unique things to TS3, such as a clothing store, non-rabbithole cafeteria, holo pets, hover boards, jetpack, dreampod, remade futuristic objects with their own animations such as holo computer, tv, hover cars etc, legacy statues and lots of more. It has more features than most of the expansion packs. And also I love Oasis Landing, I am using that town more than my home town
    > After ITF, I prefer Supernatural, I love lifestates and it's world, Moonlight Falls. However I agree that Supernaturals should be rare, we shouldn't run across fairies, vampires etc on everywhere.
    > My least favourite eps are Seasons, Generations and Ambitions. Generations doesn't bring anything useful for me with the exception of potions. I don't have time to play with Ambitions careers. And it's snowing everyday in winter and raining everyday in spring/fall. Only thing I like with seasons is the alien lifestate.

There's an alien lifestate in Seasons??? :o

As far as my favorite, it would be supernatural. I haven't had the chance to play through every aspect of it, but so far I really like it. It doesn't bother me much that the supers are everywhere. I think it makes the game interesting, for example I was playing yesterday and a zombie popped out of nowhere and was just standing in front of my glass front door. Scared the bejeezus out of me.
  • ZeriZeri Posts: 15,073 Member
    dod aliens come with seasons? i can never remember sometimes which lifestates came with what. but yes, you can be an alien, or breed with one. if a male sims gets abducted, there is a chance that he has been impregnated. also, if you have space rocks around your property, sometimes aliens will knock on the door. you can just meet and marry one!
  • roboticromanticsroboticromantics Posts: 242 Member
    This is a tough one to answer. Almost all of the Sims expansion packs I have influence my Sims' daily lives and I don't know if I could live without them. Asking a long-time Simmer to pick a favorite is impossible, BTW.

If I had to narrow down to one..... I'd say Generations. Solely because I love playing families. All the time. One that probably isn't on the top of a lot of Simmers' lists, though.
    Runner-up.... Pets. I know this EP has given some Simmers trouble but I need cats and dogs in my Sims' lives.
    Third place............ Ambitions. I am frequently making at least one Sim in my household some sort of entrepreneur, you know? Being self-employed is great. (Another reason I like Generations -- the daycare profession.)

But if I had to play with only one EP, or even just 3, I'd sorely miss the others still.

Also, I have yet to play or buy Supernatural or Into the Future. Maybe when the price is right... after Sims 4 gets some more expansions LOL.
  • kipper123kipper123 Posts: 595 Member
    Seasons!! You get all new weather which just makes the game free so much more developed and you can do everything from ice skating, to Halloween parties, to pie eating contests. You don't have to use the seasonal festivals that appear in town but personally there's just something about my sims sitting down to celebrate Snowflake Day (Christmas) that makes their little families feel complete :mrgreen:

Pet's is my second favourite because even if you don't want the responsibility of a horse, dog or cat, why not get a parrot, snake or hamster!? Again pets just make the family feel complete or keep a single lonely sim company!

Thirdly generations because you can throw a proper wedding party and toddlers/kids have a lot more to do :smile:
    Always remember you are braver than you think, stronger than you seem and smarter than you believe ~ Christopher Robin
  • becks1112becks1112 Posts: 919 Member
    This is hard, I can't think of any that I would really be ok with losing, except may Into the Future (though to be fair, I've never actually traveled into the future). I also haven't gone on a world adventure yet, but I do plan to. I really liked Late Night. I love having a fun sim who will go dancing all night and do karaoke and dance on bars. Seasons really changes the whole world, which is cool. Pets are great for obvious reasons. Generations is essential if you do a lot of stuff with kids.
  • Cucumber_DipCucumber_Dip Posts: 99 Member
    I would have to say Supernatural changes the game the most for me, because of the life states available. The save I frequent the most is a couple consisting of a fairy and a witch.

Pets does not change gameplay much, but it does improve it through having a variety of pets.
  • LLadybugZ48LLadybugZ48 Posts: 80 New Member
    Looks like Seasons and Supernatural are the most popular based on responses so far.
  • ChimarkChimark Posts: 2,166 Member
    I liked Supernatural the most. Though I don't go often, I find I use the objects that came with University Life, more than any other. UL has a lot of cool things, even if you never send your Sim to college.
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I love World Adventures,Late night,Generations,Pets,Supernatural,Seasons,University Life,Island Paradise and Into The Future.I can't choose on favorite and would love to add Ambitions and Showtime to the collection.I use features from almost all of them in my games.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Rock'nLlamaRock'nLlama Posts: 175 Member
    I do really love seasons! I think it's a tie between that and Generations though...so hard to choose! One that I'm very tempted to get is Late Night, but I worry my computer won't be able to take it x.x
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    On my old laptop, I was trying to pare down on EPs towards the end to lighten the load, but I had a lot of trouble because I really can't live without all of them (minus ITF, because I don't own it).

But if it was do or die (like motherboard death or something :p), I can't live without Ambitions. I love self-employment and professions to shake things up. I love Twinbrook. I love a decent amount of the hairs. I'm pretty fond of the doors and windows it comes with too.

Supernatural is pretty close for second, probably because I use the windows from that EP a lot too.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    Seasons is my favorite. I like all the new activities, especially during the winter. Since I have installed the NRaas Tempest mod I like Seasons even more because I can change the weather patterns for each game. So if I play in Twinbrook, which I think of as in Louisiana, I have no snow at all and the temperatures are warmer that normal. In Hidden Springs and Aurora Skies I have longer winters. I also change most games so there is not so much rain.

Of the others I don't think I would play without Ambitions and Late Night and I really like World Adventures, University and Pets.
  • WestGhostWestGhost Posts: 138 Member
    Since I played on a laptop until very recently, I only had Supernatural. I think it was the right choice since it added a lot to gameplay and wasn't demanding with graphics. Now that I have a desktop PC with Seasons and Pets, it'd be hard (but possible) to go back to just Supernatural. Weather and animals really do enrich the experience, but Supernatural brings so much variety with life states that it's even harder to live without. Although I do think that fairies live far too long, and vampires are far too easy to keep alive in the sun.

@JasonAnthonySterling I've never experimented with them, but there are sliders you can use to adjust the prevalence of the different supernaturals in your game.
  • GREENEYAGREENEYA Posts: 7,796 Member
    Supernatural is the best TS3 expansion in my opinion, and my favorite.

I can not play TS3 anymore without Supernatural installed.
  • GREENEYAGREENEYA Posts: 7,796 Member
    My favorite is WA- It's the first I purchased and I just love the way it's designed and the fact you can visit without moving there. Change the game wise- Seasons in a good way and Supernatural in a somewhat bad way. I like Supernatural but ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ! they're everywhere. There are more vampires, werewolves and fairies running around my resort in IP then regular people! Well, there were before I went on a deletion rampage and just erased their ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ every time I saw one- LOL! Seasons really does change every other EP in the game however and in a real way.

You can turn off supernaturals in the game options. So they will not spawn.
  • Bekahx3Bekahx3 Posts: 115 Member
    Seasons or Supernatural probably changes the game the most, but I think my favorite is Island Paradise.
    If you don't care about having different occults in your game, don't waste your money on Supernatural. I feel as though Seasons and Island Paradise compliment each other really well. University was probably one of the most thrilling ones when I first got it, but faded quickly. Into the Future is the least fun/good one in my opinion.
    Me and my bae Michael. Drawn by Sonatines on the ourWorld game forums.
    70e3abc2e7.jpg
  • Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    @greeneya thanks for the suggestion but I have. :( And just a little while ago a werewolf and a zombie spawned on the beach in IP while I was laying there and layer I saw the werewolf eating at a table at the resort like a dog! I have just thought that I can set the moon not to go full and I'm trying that route now to see if it stops it. Otherwise I may finally break down and use a mod.