Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Wraith, the Gateway to the Underworld

Comments

• JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    I have just gotten into downloading worlds and cannot wait for this one. The only other world builder I have downloaded from is Rflong. Do you use cc in any of your previous builds? My HP cannot run cc at all.
  • trollnexustrollnexus Posts: 508 Member
    JACKIEJOY wrote: »
    I have just gotten into downloading worlds and cannot wait for this one. The only other world builder I have downloaded from is Rflong. Do you use cc in any of your previous builds? My HP cannot run cc at all.

He never uses CC in any of his worlds :) Which is yet another reason to adore his builds.
  • QuailhogsQuailhogs Posts: 933 Member
    edited February 2015
    Jackiejoy: As trollnexus said, I do not use third-party content. I hope you enjoy if you intend on downloading my earlier worlds. I try to make each one related to another.

I built some more things, including the horse training grounds and the ports for boats.
    Screenshot-1312_zpsd043745b.jpg

Screenshot-1042_zps2456c143.jpg

Screenshot-1363_zpsa60ed774.jpg
    That red water is gorgeous.
    Thank you for the quick response. I am off to download all.
  • cheesetruckcheesetruck Posts: 2,518 Member
    That port is gorgeous! I'm really excited for this world.
  • simhead70simhead70 Posts: 614 Member
    I really thought I was going to not like this world....but I thought just check it out.

So worth the checking on.....I absolutely love your idea and the way this is turning out you are going to have an amazing world.
    b141edb2-262e-48c6-a432-99db802758b0_zpspfbmwyih.jpg
  • Gaxili1Gaxili1 Posts: 212 Member
    I love your world so much!!
    I downloaded all your worlds. Vargfjell is my favorite. I really am enjoying all of them. Between you and Rflong I may never play an EA world again. Thank you.
    edited March 2015
    Just so you know, I am still working on this. I am at the phase where the work I am doing is not worthy of being posted (interior decorating and routing). I have been posting some more detailed back-stories of Wraith's Sims on my Tumblr (most of the scenery takes place in Wraith). There will be no profanity in the uploaded product.
  • cheesetruckcheesetruck Posts: 2,518 Member
    Quailhogs wrote: »
    Just so you know, I am still working on this. I am at the phase where the work I am doing is not worthy of being posted (interior decorating and routing). I have been posting some more detailed back-stories of Wraith's Sims on my Tumblr (most of the scenery takes place in Wraith). There will be no profanity in the uploaded product.

Sweet! :)
  • sharonxyzsharonxyz Posts: 811 Member
    Is Fiona Huntington climbing into 'red water' within a hot tub a light effect in game or a pic only? That kicks some derriere. Hope progress is doing its thing, I really like tossing a 'too sweet' sim of mine into your worlds and this one tops them all. Looking forward to it.
    edited April 2015
    I used move objects on to put a rug with a red marble texture on top of the hot tub water (it is slightly transparent). Most of the pictures demonstrate how places and people look in-game.
  • momboqueenmomboqueen Posts: 1,721 Member
    Am looking forward to this!
    edited May 2015
    I am in the process of finishing up the lite version of this world. The file is quite large, the biggest world file I made to date. In spite of this, there are no Sims or families in the lite version of the world, and it has about 81 lots (which is not that many in comparison to some other worlds). The reason the world file is so big, I presume, is because of the texture overrides I used for rabbit holes and some of the decorative objects, and I am hoping that this will not disrupt gameplay. After I upload this world, please do not invest too much time in it, being that this is only a test version. Knowing the amount of problems I endured with routing in the past, this is likely to be a complete mess. THANK YOU!
    YAY!!! I'm so excited. I just graduated from college, so when you finish I'll be able to test to my heart's content.
    I uploaded the Sims Pack through Mediafire, being as the exchange is being unreliable. I have never done this before, so let me know if there are any problems with downloading. Please do not be intimidated by the file size.
    WRAITH-

observations:

1. At this point in completion, opens quickly.

2. Love that you can have a vantage point of looking down, way down, into the
    town.

3. Negative house numbers are very good.

4. Using freerealestate, I moved my sim into what I believe was the most expensive
    property: The Stairway to the Abyss.

5. Just noting that there are two business rabbit holes; does not hinder a world
    of course.

6. Laughing at a movie studio in Plum, very fitting I think.

7. Is the water deep enough for a dive lot? Can be player-decorated if you don't
    choose to give it content; I know I could find lots of fun things that were tossed
    into the bowels of the water by human or nature or human nature.

8. The Stairway is a lovely home, great lighting and conveniences. Wishing I knew
    your secrets to photography and framing: brilliant.

9. In my opinion, that large IP planted monstrosity belonged to Plum always.

10. I wonder if 'his/hers' wc doors are needed as they and the wall covering do
    not get along (in the library). While the 'society' has many 'never-nudes',
    what's a little chaos in plum?

11. I made a pool like the strange fountain; kind of like having a mascot or pet.

12. The town has some very affordable starter homes. Pyrophobia at 13 Main is
    very creative. Amazing that some homes cost less.

13. The Golden Chapel is lovely; just glad I cannot smell it.

14. As some lot is smoothed, you may be already aware of the terrain being uneven
    behind and next to the alchemy shop and by the sheriff's office adjacent. Could
    be lot tearing but I'm not that familiar with CAW.

Enough for one post; so far in pause/build mode looking around, more later
    perhaps, I'd like to see in it in live mode rather than pause. Your cast of characters will bring it all to "life" ...

Love the hot tub at the White Monastary, great effect yet as easily accomplished as you described (typo: in title of house you spelled it Monestary).

Finally for now, Agoraphobia's interior designer did a hilarious job. Most illogical home I've ever seen. Thanks for the laugh.
    Oops, check the entire text describing the White Monastary for the same typo.
    I'll leave your surreal world for now and wait for a version that you may want tested. Reading above, I may have jumped the gun so to speak with my list of observations. I'll just say that travelling about the world so far is flawless, no routing issues.
    Alright, now that I have seen my house guest off at the airport, I am in the process of reinstalling Island Paradise (I took it out when I decided to play your Vargfjell for a while, which didn't need IP) and then downloading your world. (Er...wait...apparently Origin needs an update.) Hopefully I shall get some good testing in tonight and leave you a post before I sleep, but if not, I will definitely record my observations tomorrow.
    Progress so far:

1. Claustrophobia at 53 Death Row has this inaccessible chair on the 2nd floor. Is this intentional, due to the house's name?
    Chair_zps75m9mg0d.jpg

2. The Red Gate at 62 White Sands Road's bathroom has this weird...hill/bump thing inside it. Also, the shower nearest the bump is inaccessible, and attempting to reach it traps me next to the bump so that I am effectively trapped in that room until ResetSim saves me.
    Showers_zpsistgzyot.jpg

And that's it so far as issues go. I've actually explored this entire corner of the map, past the giant stairs-house of that Rex guy's slaves, and looked into a few of the starter homes and that Rio M...whatever. They all look fine so far. Tomorrow I hope to continue route-testing more houses before finally getting my sim a car and exploring the town.

Are there any tombs? If yes, please let me know so I can test those, too. If not, then phew.

I must say that your creativity really shines in this world, even more so than in your other worlds, and that's saying something. I laughed out loud when I saw the hole in the floor in one of the houses, the pile of rubble in another, and just the cynical/sarcastic/impatient descriptions in general. The level of detail is mindboggling, and I'm always impressed with how you manage to use TS3 objects in new ways.

I also love how you named your houses after phobias, and I'm sure I'll appreciate them even more after looking up what some of them mean. Just the other day, I finally realized that you named the four lords of Vargfjell after the four medieval humors XD Nice one!
    Alright, I'm back. Good morning :)

I have to admit, every time I move houses, it cracks me up when the game asks, "Are you sure you want to move there?" and then there's your descriptions under that question. No, game, I'm not exactly sure I want to move into a bunch of charred ruins, but I will anyway ;P

3. Zion on -6 Main Street has an inaccessible shower. Easy fix; just rotate it so it isn't blocked by the toilet XD
    Shower2_zpshdvqidc6.jpg

And...wow, I'm done! I sent her to every single house, and then I had her travel around town. Absolutely no routing issues that I could find. I even had her live in the houseboat and then sent her around town from there, since it's usually the houseboat that gives me grief in any of your worlds, but even then I found no issues.

I just love the little details you add in the environment, such as that broken railroad or that deep, deep pit that has fish in it. Martinov's house gives me the creeps, what with the giant rooms with household objects in the center; nicely done.

Anyway, that's it for now; if you'd like me to check out anything in particular, let me know. Otherwise, I shall await the next version :)
    edited May 2015
    Thanks guys. I was particularly concerned about the Red Gate, namely because the lot is on such oddly-shaped terrain at the edge of the world. Have you tried using horses in this world? I am not certain if they will be able to move around as well as Sims.

An no, there are no tombs in this world. I have given up on them after Vargfjell.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top