Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Asylum Challenge

Comments

• VihishaVihisha Posts: 2,767 Member
    I figure this would b the BEST place 2 ask....I have a couple of questions
    1. Can my main Sim spend their satisfaction points & use any of the potions or traits there?
    2. Can u change how your non-playable Sims work....while @ work?
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • simswithcheesesimswithcheese Posts: 79 Member
    @Vihisha‌ You can use satisfaction points on anything and I'm not sure what you mean in your second question, can you please explain it a bit more?

@simswithcheese Perfect! IF they use the points...I can't claim them @ the end of the challenge in total points tho yeah? Those r just the remaining satisfaction points correct?

So ok...when Sims go 2 work..there r different things they can b "told" 2 do while there....example....
    -Take it easy
    -Work hard
    -Socialize with co-workers
    things like that...can u "tell" them what 2 do...or do the non controlled Sims just work "regular"?
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    @Vihisha‌ Yeah :wink:
    Ahh ok I understand now, that's perfectly fine to use :smile: But just don't use it with the other members in the asylum, only use it on your controlled sim.
    Ok thanks 4 the info
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    edited February 2015
    Well I don't know what to do about them sleeping in chairs because they are sleeping at the kitchen table. I am considering taking all the chairs out of the house so they have no choice but to use the beds but then they will have no where to eat...I guess they can sit on the beds to eat.

Anyone else find they are having this issue?

@simswithcheese I would rather they didn't sleep in chairs. I guess I could remove them when I see them doing it? Or take them all out of the house. Do you have any suggestions?
    @Glimmer50 yeah my Sims do that as well...the good news about them sleeping in chairs like that is...they STILL don't get good rest & will eventually tumble into an unoccupied bed...
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    @Glimmer50 Maybe have a stereo playing all the time where the chairs are, pretty sure that will work :p
  • Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    Vihisha wrote: »
    @Glimmer50 yeah my Sims do that as well...the good news about them sleeping in chairs like that is...they STILL don't get good rest & will eventually tumble into an unoccupied bed...

Okay thanks. That is true I guess. I guess I will let it go for now. Silly Sims.
  • ZaggnitaZaggnita Posts: 6 New Member
    Aargh! My sims are just...3rd sim week, and no deaths. When I fire happens, they all just..leave the room. -__-' I'm gonna have to delete a couple of things to spice things up.
  • bill_th_89bill_th_89 Posts: 77 Member
    Can I be in a relationship with one of the patients? remain pregnant? So many plum questions! haha
    i2vjte.jpg
    Origin ID: CandiAndi
    @bill_th_89 no pregnancy, but you can have romantic relationships with the other patients! After completing the challenge you can move out of the asylum with the patient your sim in romanticly involved with and have children with them after the challenge is complete :smile:
  • HeledrielHeledriel Posts: 465 Member
    This challenge is definitely extremly fun to play, I first thought money would be the greatest issue but time seems to be be the real problem. I apparently chose the wrong aspirations for the first try, because I struggled even with completing two of them, not to mention completing four somehow.

Thanks for posting it, I love the many rules it has.
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.
    wW5u961.gif
  • EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    Re: No pregnancy
    What about by Alien abduction?
    If there are less that 8 Sims for some reason *ahem* and an Alien abduction results in pregnancy can the child stay? Or would you have to use Manage Households to have another family 'adopt' (add to household) the child?
  • AmazingamphyAmazingamphy Posts: 1,733 Member
    Re: No pregnancy
    What about by Alien abduction?
    If there are less that 8 Sims for some reason *ahem* and an Alien abduction results in pregnancy can the child stay? Or would you have to use Manage Households to have another family 'adopt' (add to household) the child?

Maybe murder it? >:)
    HmypxT0.png
    Gone from this place and never coming back. P5 is good
    @EuphorialQueen Either kick them out or age them up into a YA (by using the birthday cake over and over again) and give them the insane trait, and ta-daa you have a new member. :smiley:
  • ddominicddominic Posts: 352 Member
    edited April 2015
    @simswithcheese I've been reading up on this challenge and I don't get one thing, do an uncontrollable sim has to complete one aspiration? Or can it be the one you can control, cause if so it's a little boring, it would be more fun to try and have a sim you don't control complete an aspiration.
    Post edited by ddominic on
  • EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    ddominic wrote: »
    @simswithcheese I've been reading up on this challenge and I don't get one thing, do an uncontrollable sim has to complete one aspiration? Or can it be the one you can control, cause if so it's boring, it would be more fun to try and have a Sim you don't control complete an aspiration.
    How would that work exactly? Aspirations are pretty interactive so I am not sure how to get an uncontrolled Sim to complete an Aspiration. Is there one that would work? Not saying it is not a good idea but wondering how it would be accomplished. :)
  • ddominicddominic Posts: 352 Member
    ddominic wrote: »
    @simswithcheese I've been reading up on this challenge and I don't get one thing, do an uncontrollable sim has to complete one aspiration? Or can it be the one you can control, cause if so it's boring, it would be more fun to try and have a Sim you don't control complete an aspiration.
    How would that work exactly? Aspirations are pretty interactive so I am not sure how to get an uncontrolled Sim to complete an Aspiration. Is there one that would work? Not saying it is not a good idea but wondering how it would be accomplished. :)

Well it would kind of be challenging, but since you can put objects or do anything in buy mode that would help them do something, you can put in a certain skill object they could need for an aspiration, put in emotional auras and see if they can do stuff autonomously. Maybe that would be for a harder level, but I'm not sure.
  • AlthaiaSBRAlthaiaSBR Posts: 16 New Member
    So I took a spin on this challenge, I did most of the basic rules and guide lines for easy. My spin you may ask. Well they can upgrade, what I mean by this is when they get promoted or a raise or even when they earn a vaction day. They can upgrade something to the next stage. So for example if they have the cheapest fridge they can then upgrade to the next best thing! Not the very expensive fridge just the one that cost a bit more then the one you bought before. This can go for anything they have in the household. I do not add more beds! I upgrade them from the kid bed to a better bed. Or I switch out a single bed to a double bed, then I delete one of the other single beds including the one i replaced. They can get more skill items only if they get promoted. This goes for all sims not just the one you play. I still follow the rules of not playing them, my sim fell in love with anthour patient. They are dating and sleep in the same bed together. Instead in the easy mod where you have to finish 2 aspartions before you can move out. I made it 4 so she can take her bf with her. Thought it was simple enough right?

This is just some things I did a bit different, also I let them have cowplants and gardens. I have mods where I can buy these plants from the store instead of having to go and get them. So they don't have to leave the lot to get them and they won't be against the rules.

Well that is what I did, it is a bit different and more fun. It is still a challenge though. They have no power and there water is about to get turned off. Good luck my fellow simmers!!
  • FennadevFennadev Posts: 180 Member
    I am into building an asylum for this right now, gonna try the easy one first.
    @AlthaiaSBR I love this idea, I will add that to the rules for easy and medium mode when I update the rules for GTW.

@Fennadev Awesome! If you want to upload it to the Gallery, use the hashtag #AsylumChallenge :smile:
  • FennadevFennadev Posts: 180 Member
    It's a totally failing house, but I will upload it for those interested.
  • simsinmypocketsimsinmypocket Posts: 80 Member
    I play that challenge and I must say - it's fun. :smiley: I post pics on my simblr.

About an alien - well, one of my asylum patients got abducted and came back pregnant. I kept the baby. But there is an option to send it back after it's birth. :wink: