Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

An Obnoxious Psychosausage tests the boundaries of the Sims 4 emotions

Comments

• EmberDahlEmberDahl Posts: 332 Member
    Yes he was Willy Weiner, but when posting I thought Mr. Sausages suited the ridiculousness of it all when I started the first post. So altered it before going on his second rampage. Cecil sausages is also way more awkward to say
    I'll do a grab of the house if you need it. I think it was a 20 by 30 lot. Fairly bare 3 beds double.2 bedrooms open plan kitchen / dining room. Table and 6 chairs in the middle of the room. 1 big tv on the floor. 2 very small bathrooms. That sort of thing
  • brainybeebrainybee Posts: 1,123 Member
    That's the house that burned? Is the first house similar? How many computers in both?
  • simIrrevirresimIrrevirre Posts: 763 Member
    I have not played TS4. In Part 2, why are they just standing at the curb? I've seen it before in a video and was wondering if there is some strange "zone" right there that makes them completely paralyzed.

@bobyo2001 great action in your TS2 test :)
    The other one was the landgrabs house I think. Not sure what it was called though
  • KATENESSKATENESS Posts: 3,610 Member
    I love this experiment, and I'm totally on board. I can't wait to see more. :)

But I will say that in one of my games, I've had three different sims catch on fire while cooking. And every time all the other sims in the house came running over and one of them would extinguish the burning sim. Nothing would really happen after that except some "tense" emotions or whatever. But at least they did something.

I've never had a fight yet, though. I'm interested to see what happens.
    giphy.gif

• brainybeebrainybee Posts: 1,123 Member
    EmberDahl wrote: »
    The other one was the landgrabs house I think. Not sure what it was called though

I think I have enough to go on, I'll get to work after dinner :smile:
    edited February 2015
    I had another fire experience that I put in the favorite screengrab thread a while ago with completely different yet still manic and weird results. It was on the outdoor retreat bit and that was wall to wall fire extinguishers and oddities. It adds a bit of unpredictable excitement to things that's for sure.
  • MaroonPantsMaroonPants Posts: 387 Member
    You, my friend, deserve a cookie factory and a comedy show!
    11909804_873412349399467_742719380_n.jpg?oh=52e438b18b94d2bf9fc31502acc3571d&oe=55D2753F
    I made art of of a Pepe and Google Deep Dream XD
  • ShaobunShaobun Posts: 1,155 Member
    edited February 2015
    lol this whole thread is gold :smiley:

Although not a perfect comparison, I remember I had a teenager "trick or treat" one halloween in TS3. One of the houses said that there was nobody home when there obviously was so I got a bit mad and started a fire on their doorstep. What I didn't expect was that the sims inside would come out, panic about the fire but not put it out. I got my sim to call the fire-station and she got in trouble for "prank calling". The house ended up burning down, the sims ended up dying (including a child) and my sim didn't seem at all bothered. I felt terrible though. I'm just saying... sims in TS3 weren't always so smart either.

edit: originally said she left flaming poo, but I think that's not right. I think she was probably a witch and started a fire with her wand. It was ages ago.
    Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong. ~ Donald Porter
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    edited February 2015
    TS3 sims were hit-or-miss when it came to reacting to deaths off their own home lots. However, if someone died on their property, they were guaranteed to react somehow unless you cancelled the action.

Also, this experiment rocks and while it shows the failings of a miserable game, I got a good laugh during my also-miserable late shift at IT. :D
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited February 2015
    @bobyo
    Ok, that was clearly a game, set and match for Sims 2.

(I must add by the way mr. Sausage is one of the best sims I've ever seen; I guess I like them real cartoony in this game lol))

5JZ57S6.png
  • LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    Mstybl95 wrote: »
    KATENESS wrote: »

But I will say that in one of my games, I've had three different sims catch on fire while cooking. And every time all the other sims in the house came running over and one of them would extinguish the burning sim. Nothing would really happen after that except some "tense" emotions or whatever. But at least they did something.

I think it is different when you are actively playing the family and I also think it matters if there is a fire alarm. I've seen a family react when there was a fire alarm and put out the sim on their own. I've also seen this:

Mom watches and flashes her flirty eyes at her son while he burns to death.
    09-15-14_10-59nbspAM-3_zpscn0tmgld.png

For goodness sake! Someone please tell me why I can't post pictures from Google+ anymore!

"Son, you look so hot!"

*ba dum tish*

Sad to see her just sitting and smiling at him while he burns ...
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Shaobun wrote: »

Although not a perfect comparison, I remember I had a teenager "trick or treat" one halloween in TS3. One of the houses said that there was nobody home when there obviously was so I got a bit mad and started a fire on their doorstep. What I didn't expect was that the sims inside would come out, panic about the fire but not put it out. I got my sim to call the fire-station and she got in trouble for "prank calling". The house ended up burning down, the sims ended up dying (including a child) and my sim didn't seem at all bothered. I felt terrible though. I'm just saying... sims in TS3 weren't always so smart either.

edit: originally said she left flaming poo, but I think that's not right. I think she was probably a witch and started a fire with her wand. It was ages ago.
    The house burned down? I thought fires only move to other rooms in Sims 4?
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Aquarius94Aquarius94 Posts: 505 Member

I think it is different when you are actively playing the family and I also think it matters if there is a fire alarm. I've seen a family react when there was a fire alarm and put out the sim on their own. I've also seen this:

For goodness sake! Someone please tell me why I can't post pictures from Google+ anymore!

That..is the best thing ever!
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    edited February 2015
    Shaobun wrote: »

The house burned down? I thought fires only move to other rooms in Sims 4?

Yeah, my evil witch tried very hard several times to burn houses down at her university. Never was able to.

Edit: Though I suppose if the fire department wasn't even recognizing the fire, the game probably hit a glitch. That's not one I ever saw, but they do happen.

• friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    Me i do not find this topic funny not funny at all
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    Memina11 wrote: »
    Why not?
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    Memina11 wrote: »

I actually think it's freakin' hilarious and I like the game.
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member

"Son, you look so hot!"

*ba dum tish*

You, sir/madame, win the Internets for the day. :o LOL

Mstybl95, this was a really great shot. Just set it as my wallpaper so I can laugh every time I boot up my PC. :🐸🐸🐸🐸:

The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!