March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

An Obnoxious Psychosausage tests the boundaries of the Sims 4 emotions

Comments

• brainybeebrainybee Posts: 1,123 Member
    Mr. Sausages is almost done in CAS. I'll post a pic when he's done.
  • EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 2,795 Member
    edited February 2015
    Sim_Lucent wrote: »
    Do it @bobyo2001‌ :)

@SimGuruDaniel‌ says he's looking into it with the team in response to @kimjo313 wall post :)

Maybe I've hit a whole new wall of pessimism, but I don't find this instills a lot of confidence, given the silence on so many issues. :/

I think it's fatigue for those of us who have been asking for better. There's only so much we are listening that you can hear without real answers or signs that it's happening. We all get days when we find it hard to believe.

to be fair in the old "ask" guru a few months ago i reported the same issue about how empty the ai is and i basically get that answer:
    it's not like the ai is bad it's just need improviment and is much better than before"

then i keep bring this many others time and get almost the same asnwer
    "this is something we are looking for"....

and this answer keep repeating but until now i see little to none change on that, then i'm not gonna jump on the "they are listening" car before i see this really happen, this team looks like the "we are listening peoples" which gonna keep listening "forever" and only does changes when desperates moments come, before that they just keep "listening".
    tumblr_mfiuwmQOLI1qgap4ho1_500.gif
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,714 Member
    Should be fun. Can't wait to see the results!
  • EmberDahlEmberDahl Posts: 332 Member
    Ok here are the last of the cast members @brainybee - the fire family- I won't give their names because they are an actual family I know - Ironically they work in the fire prevention industry - so as you can imagine, this lucky episode had extra comedy value for me.
    - The Dad is an elder, Mum is adult- the two girls are young adult and the son (again, obviously a) child

fireDad.jpg
    fireMa.jpg
    fireGirl1.jpg
    fireGirl2.jpg
    fireSon.jpg

I think that's it - anything else you need let me know
  • xoJessixoJessi Posts: 1,859 Member
    EmberDahl wrote: »
    Ok here are the last of the cast members - the fire family- I won't give their names because they are an actual family I know - Ironically they work in the fire prevention industry - so as you can imagine, this lucky episode had extra comedy value for me.

I laughed a little too hard at that.
    I'm excited to see what happens across games.
  • xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    I'm finished! I just gotta upload the screenshots. :D
    oh3cjs.jpg
    Awesome @bobyo2001! And I love the Gorilla Suit!
  • LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    > @LaAbby said:
    > The other thing .. the email/chat system thing bothers me.
    >
    > Once my sim decided to chat to another sim via computer, and then all of a sudden outside I saw a sim have the green plus thing over their head. I quickly realized that's who he was chatting to while she kept walking past the house.
    >
    > Was annoyed so I didn't even bother using that anymore.

At least it had an effect on their relation. The email/chat system thing was a problem in TS3 as well. It did actually work for text messages, so that the recipient received a notification and checked his/her phone at the first opportunity, but not for regular phone calls. In both TS3 and TS4, even if it appears that you're having a long phone conversation with someone, it doesn't correspond to what happens at the other end.

Actually ... Well I don't remember about the S3 email, but texting in the game does work.

I had a sim text her romantic interest, and (yay for open world) he got the text in the park immediately and he actually read it.

She then texted her enemy and she read it as well. That's why when I don't see that in S4 it bothers me some.
  • KittenkissKittenkiss Posts: 1,047 Member
    Haha, I can see I'm not the only person who has their evil sims favourite tunes Children's Music. XD
  • PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    While I don't entirely agree with the initial premise of this post, this little story did tickle my funny bone and I quite enjoyed reading it! :D@EmberDahl You may not think so, but you absolutely made lemonade from lemons here. To me, these moments are what make The Sims so delightful and endearing, if one can look past what seems irrational. This is the kind of stuff which we can always look back on and have a good laugh. Thanks for sharing! B)

Willy Weiner, is that what you named him? Lol! "Will he win her?" *snickers* ;)
    @EmberDahl, I just need an idea of what their houses are like. Can anyone with Twinbrook suggest good pre-made houses so I don't have to make them from scratch? Should I take out the fire dept building from my town or does it matter? Should I change Ember Burns' name to Ash?
  • AndygalAndygal Posts: 1,280 Member
    Doesn't matter if the fire department is there or not. Just don't install a fire alarm.
  • xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    brainybee wrote: »
    @EmberDahl, I just need an idea of what their houses are like. Can anyone with Twinbrook suggest good pre-made houses so I don't have to make them from scratch? Should I take out the fire dept building from my town or does it matter? Should I change Ember Burns' name to Ash?
    I simply chose random houses.
    oh3cjs.jpg
    bobyo2001 wrote: »
    brainybee wrote: »
    I simply chose random houses.

The only reason I was worried about it is because I don't want anyone to say, well that house was way smaller or there were too many beds or something...

I've got to go make dinner, but I'll be back in a little while.
  • Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member
    I thought it was a funny story of the hot dog head guy.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius