Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Windows 8.1 and TS2: Ultimate Collection

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    The in-game camera for TS2 is terrible.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    SimSwim2SimSwim2 Posts: 2,481 Member
    I installed it on 8.1 and it did not work. An error message popped up when I went to play my game. It works fine on my older windows vista desktop though.
    Origin ID: StripedRainbow
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    SimSwim2 wrote: »
    I installed it on 8.1 and it did not work. An error message popped up when I went to play my game. It works fine on my older windows vista desktop though.

You have to right click on the game on 8.1 and have your computer put the game in compatibility mode to get the game to work. Once you put the game in compatibility mode you should be able to left click on the game and the game should start.

I got no error messages when I first tried to start the game. It just would not open. If you got an error message it possible the file did not download correctly.

• Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    I must a lucky one, because it immediately worked without having to do anything. I was actually expecting to run into a wide variety of issues, but luckily, I got none.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    you are lucky it started up right away. Im thankful it works just by putting in compatibility mode. I guess it depends how your computer was designed. Some might run into more trouble if their computer really does not agree with the game and compatibility mode does not work. Its smooth on my computer but really laggy on the AMD computer. Laggy in the sense of it loads really slowly on 6gb ram. I have 16gb ram so it loads pretty quick.
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    SimSwim2 wrote: »
    Did you install by disk or the digital complete copy?

i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    SimsAddiction968SimsAddiction968 Posts: 1,218 Member
    The launcher comes up for me but then I get a message program isn't running correctly and it closes.
    HI! My name is SimsAddiction968
    I discovered Sims 1 summer 2001 when my youngest was 1 yr old.
    I bought all Eps & Sps for Sims 2 as they were released.
    I even bought Sims games for our consoles and handhelds.
    I have bought all Sims 3 Eps & Sps as the were released.
    I have held my grandson while playing. He is now 5 and plays FreePlay.
    I have pre ordered Sims 4. I have the Sims 2 mouse and waiting on Sims 4 mouse.
    I have a Freezer Bunny tattoo and a bracelet tattoo of the Sims 2 aspirations.

YES! I am addicted to The Sims no matter the form.
  • Options
    gayarsgayars Posts: 2,229 Member
    I have heard that if you are installing from disc, that you need the sims deluxe for it to do correctly, not the original sims 2 basegame. I haven't done that myself, just saying...