Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to get TS2 - Ultimate Collection (Windows)

Comments

• Nicolee13745Nicolee13745 Posts: 5 New Member
    [quote="carleighcane;13339426"]@Nicolee13745 Is there a booklet inside your case? There might be a different code printed on the back of it, my codes have always been there

[/quote]

I finally after talking to the fifth person got the code for the UC. I explained everything and he even offered an apology for my troubles. It really is just based on who you talk to I suppose
  • winterlocwinterloc Posts: 348 Member
    Oh great you got it. Now go and enjoy playing it :D
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,823 Member
    Hurray :D Yeah, it really can be a hit or miss sometimes. One of the many things about Origin that I dislike. I'm not sure if they are misinformed or just don't want to do it.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    I was lucky the person who I got to talk to was extremely helpful. And I only had to wait 10 minutes so +1. ;)
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • ragan651ragan651 Posts: 268 Member
    > @NerdySims99 said:
    > So I just got off with the customer support and I got the collection! I don't have an Origin Client since my current laptop can't handle a game so there is no point in having it so they added it to my account and said whenever I get the Client it will be there. :) They were super nice. Although the second rep gave me an invalid code so I had to mention to the third rep that so they just went and added it straight to my account.

Nice. My experience with EA support is kind of weird like that. The chat support don't sometimes know what they are talking about (I had one tell me Spore was not available in Origin at all, same with Sims 2). Sometimes you have to just keep trying. (I ended up making a stink in the forums for my issue and got emailed by support staff who did know what they were doing, and they were awesome at helping.)
    e9sNIxd.jpg

Wishlist | The O'Kelly Saga | The Strange Case of Thomas Black | My goals: Coffee Bean Loft, Eloquently Ecclectic Collection
  • KennydkKennydk Posts: 31 Member
    I would like to express my gratitude towards this post! After following your instructions I have just finished speaking to a lovely advisor and I am currently downloading the Ultimate Collection. Over the moon!
  • mutantelosmutantelos Posts: 20 Member
    to @Simasaurus09
    hi i just had the most horrrible degrading chat with people, about free S2...i cannot have it, despite he asked me for pic of receipts.

mentioned this site and said it's not official sim place...?????? it seems that there was a further offer until Jan forgot think middle jan was angry and closed page without requesting copy to my @. will re-try-again, hope will get another rep. but think my history is there already.
    i asked were was advertised, in the help page right at the very bottom if you click will take to the link, (which is in the same page, just above it, provided you were actually in the sims 2 help page.......................................... :(((((((
    where did you see it Simasaurus09?
  • mutantelosmutantelos Posts: 20 Member
    edited February 2015
    PLS A REPLY.......???????????????????????????????????
    TO ABOVE????? ANYONE...
    I don't check this thread very often so I'm sorry if I don't respond right away.

A little confused on what you are asking for.. How to get to the help link? The person who helped you out in chat probably doesn't know what they are talking about since they said this forum is not official. Sometimes you have to keep trying unfortunately.
  • nathan909090nathan909090 Posts: 124 Member
    @NerdySims99, you need to try again with a different CS rep. This isn't the case at all. The Sims 2 UC is still being given to players if they ask and provide proof of purchase.

I'm sorry to say that the CS rep that helped you was either lazy or totally ignorant or brand-new. The rep asked the wrong support person while you were on hold.

Sometimes you dont even need proof, or so i heard.
  • TuzoTuzo Posts: 56 Member
    I decided to give this a try and I can confirm that it still works. I just gave them the code for the Sims 2 Deluxe and then was asked to provide my Origin e-mail plus answer the security question and they game it to me. I missed out on a few expansion so I'm looking forward to seeing how they differ from Sims 3 :)
  • carleighcanecarleighcane Posts: 205 Member
    @Tuzo that's exactly how it went for me too
    wishlist
    Hurray :) Happy to see this thread is helpful.
  • hajimurathajimurat Posts: 3 New Member
    edited March 2015
    Hi, does this still work?
    I used the live chat and after I gave him my game code for the Sims 2 basegame, he told me he couldn't give me a new code because it was from a third party. I bought it from gamestop in 2008 or so. Is there anything else I can tell them?
    Can I directly ask for the Ultimate Collection and tell that I can't show them my code, or should I try to keep it a seecret? What can I ask?
    Post edited by hajimurat on
  • LostInReverieLostInReverie Posts: 55 Member
    > @hajimurat said:
    > Hi, does this still work?
    > I used the live chat and after I gave him my game code for the Sims 2 basegame, he told me he couldn't give me a new code because it was from a third party. I bought it from gamestop in 2008 or so. Is there anything else I can tell them?
    > Can I directly ask for the Ultimate Collection and tell that I can't show them my code, or should I try to keep it a seecret? What can I ask?

I can confirm that this still works. I just received my free copy. It sounds like you got another bad customer service rep. I'd try again and hope you get a better rep. Just keep trying. You're entitled to have the UC for free, and it shouldn't matter where you bought the game, so long as you own it and have the code.
    > @LostInReverie said:
    > I can confirm that this still works. I just received my free copy. It sounds like you got another bad customer service rep. I'd try again and hope you get a better rep. Just keep trying. You're entitled to have the UC for free, and it shouldn't matter where you bought the game, so long as you own it and have the code.

OK, I'm going to try again. Thanks for the response and the help
  • Olivesplum06Olivesplum06 Posts: 1,076 Member
    hajimurat wrote: »
    Hi, does this still work?
    I used the live chat and after I gave him my game code for the Sims 2 basegame, he told me he couldn't give me a new code because it was from a third party. I bought it from gamestop in 2008 or so. Is there anything else I can tell them?
    Can I directly ask for the Ultimate Collection and tell that I can't show them my code, or should I try to keep it a seecret? What can I ask?

Um ,no that's BS. I got TS2UC when going on there asking where I could buy it... Told them I didn't have any of the games and he gave me the code for it. Keep trying, they'll give it to you!
  • ShimmyShimmyYaShimmyShimmyYa Posts: 545 Member
    I just downloaded the Ultimate Collection today. I got it from an EA Chat Agent. I already had three Sims 2 games registered thru Origin, so I didn't have to send any pictures or proof that I already owned the Sims 2.

I am so excited to play because I never bought Free Time or Apartment Life. I only had a couple of the stuff packs, so there is so much more content in my game now.

I'm actually shocked that EA gave this content away, but I have spent hundreds and hundreds of dollars on the sims in my time. I've played since the original version back in 2000.

I don't say this often, but, 'Thanks EA!' And a big thanks to the OP for explaining that some of us Simmers may still be able to get this fully fleshed out version of TS2.
    thnom_nom.gif

• zagbooruleszagboorules Posts: 474 Member
    It really does work! I ended up contacting EA a few weeks ago because I lost the code to my original sims 2 game (I was feeling nostalgic), I asked for a new code, and even though I missed the offer for UC they still gave me a whole new sims game after asking for my Origin ID and email, they put the game in My Games on Origin, I checked what it was expecting it to be the base game of TS2 and it said 'The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection' I was stunned and so happy! I didn't even ask for TS2:UC and they gave it to me. It's honestly worth a try to ask for it if you don't have it :)
    @ShimmyShimmyYa You are welcome :) Had no clue it would help this many people out.
  • zagbooruleszagboorules Posts: 474 Member
    edited March 2015
    @NerdySims99, you need to try again with a different CS rep. This isn't the case at all. The Sims 2 UC is still being given to players if they ask and provide proof of purchase.

I'm sorry to say that the CS rep that helped you was either lazy or totally ignorant or brand-new. The rep asked the wrong support person while you were on hold.

Sometimes you dont even need proof, or so i heard.

I didn't need to provide any in my case, they trusted that I did in fact have the sims 2 base game just no manual, I never contacted EA expecting to be given TS2:UC I was just desperate to get given a new code and play my TS2 game since I just found the box in my room that day.

OK, now I finally got it, too.
    Both people I talked to were really friendly, but the second one was more helpful and didn't say anything about a third-party-code or so, and just added it to my library. This only took about five minutes after a five minute waiting time.
    Thank you for sharing this and helping other Sims fans and me.
  • Allison18Allison18 Posts: 399 Member
    Is it PC only or Mac compatible? (I don't even know if they made Sims 2 for Mac in the first place....) I have the box and registration code, so I am very interested in this! Would be kind of silly though if it's only for PC's!
    ch_dadpost.gif
  • winterkistwinterkist Posts: 1 New Member
    Ahhhhh! Thanks so much for posting this thread! (It physically hurt when I realized I missed out on such a deal. >.>;) I've only ever had Sims 2 and Sims 2 Nightlife. Now I've got all of them. I'm planning on downloading them tonight. I'm so excited! ^^

For anyone else who was wondering how I got into the chat and everything (I don't know--maybe I'm just dumb but I found it a bit difficult to navigate to that particular page), all I did was log-in to Origin through the client, then clicked on 'Origin Help' which redirected me to their website--(I'm only being so specific about this because for some reason I was unable to log-in to their help page through my browser; I'm using Google Chrome, btw). Then at the top there's this bar that says "United States", "Games", etc...I clicked on "Games" and typed in "Sims 2". That directs you to a new page. (There may not be a relevant listing at first so I scrolled down at the bottom where it says "Looking for something else? Contact Us". I clicked on that). Then it takes you to another page, where you can tell it your platform (PC in this case; no idea if they're doing it for Mac or not), and then scroll down and hit "Next", and then to "We just need a few more details", etc.

Okay, so what I specifically did after that point...I put mine under "Billing/Purchasing" and then under my topic I wrote "Sims 2 Ultimate Collection". I did a live chat and I asked if I could purchase the Ultimate Collection as I was aware they didn't have it up for grabs anymore. At first it didn't seem like they were going to do it, but as soon as I explained that I no longer have the CD key for the base game the guy I was talking to disappeared for a few minutes and returned with a CD key. I entered it into Origin and lo and behold--it's for the Ultimate Collection. xD I didn't even have to prove I already have a purchased copy of the base game at all (which I'd say is a little worrying but maybe the only ones out there who are really trying to take advantage of this are die-hard Sims fans...and you kinda have to play the game to be a fan. ;))