Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hello! Come and introduce yourself!

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    Hello @Simchic1 :) It is great that you have been playing the sims since sims 1, and enjoying each of the versions. Creating sims is a great part of the sims. It is nice that you have been enjoying doing sims 3 modelling competitions. You would be enjoying creating and showcasing your sims. It is great entering competitions and learning from other simmers as they enter the contests, and they learn from you too.
    Happy simming! :)
    bobyo2001 wrote: »
    My name is Bob (I hate it when someone calls me "bobyo") and I'm a huge dog person. I'm still in helIschool (aka highschool) and I think I'm the only person in the whole school to play Sims. I love playing with families, although I enjoy playing with single as well. I have a whole week off right now so simming is my main priority (homework can wait!). Did I mention I procrastinate A LOT? Which is what I'm doing right now... yeah I better go finish studying for that darn history exam and stop wasting time on the forums, but they're so addicting I can't help myself! Sims is the only game I play (along with Minecraft). I dislike RPGs, MMOs, shooter games and stuff like that. I love sandbox games as you can tell.

Hello Bob :) I hope that you enjoy your week off from school studies. I hope that your preparations for and the taking of your history exam goes well. It is fun playing with families in the sims, and watching the sims looking after their children.
    Dogs are great pets! They make great companions, and members of our households.
    Happy simmimg! :)
  • AnavastiaAnavastia Posts: 6,515 Member
    @rosemow What a lovely thread. I was just talking about something like this to be an actual forum section for players to do a Welcome and a meet and great. I'm sorry that some of the offtopic discussion is happening i hope players can ignore the person and just report them rather than continue to keep the thread off topic.

welcome.jpg

Hi Hi

I like to be called Ana for short.

I've been playing sims for 15 years but i've been a customer of maxis since simcity 1. Lol and equally just revealed im not a young player.
    I'm a mom of 4 and I love baking and cooking. One of my favorite past times is art and equally playing the sims. My playstyle for the game has always been family play but i equally am a player that loves to play simulation games and hands on play is core to how i play. I love to explore and im always curious though it gets me into quite a lot of trouble in video games.

I am a creative person but i don't like to play sims creatively isn't that odd. Lol other than that i'll play just about any video game on the market except fps games. So i've got a lot of experience under my belt when it comes to video games. My favorite of the series so far has been sims 2 though sims 3 is coming in close as it is the one i mostly play right now. i think sims 3 caters to more of what i like to do in game than any of the other titles.

Oh i love pink roses so your avatar is really pretty to me.

Happy simming, and thank you for creating such a heart warming thread!
    Hello @Anavastia :) It is nice to meet you. The Welcome sign is very nice! The colours and patterns of the letters are very lovely.
    It is great that you have been playing both the sims and sim city from the beginning. You would have enjoyed spending many happy hours doing simming. Baking and cooking are enjoyable things to do. It is always fun discovering and trying out new recipes.
    Thankyou for your kind words on my rose avatar. I think that it is pretty too.
  • emzeo85emzeo85 Posts: 365 Member
    hi and thank you for adding me here. I really enjoy the sims and been big fan ever since ts3. im playing ts4 atm and kinda enjoying it.
  • mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    edited February 2015
    Hi there! I'm mintycupcake. That has been my on-line gaming handle since I was 19 or 20, so you may have seen me before. Not on Steam though. Someone took it before I even knew what Steam is. Subsequently, I haven't made a Steam account yet, I haven't come up with a username.

I am a single female in my late 20s. I have played the Sims since the very first game, my brother got it for me for my birthday the year it was released. I play tons of other games as well, mainly computer. I used to be a huge Nancy Drew games fan, but over the last few games, my interest has fallen off. I don't know if that's because the games aren't as good or maybe it's just cuz I'm getting older. Other series I've enjoyed include Drawn and Azada. But I have tons of one off games too. In terms of video games, I love Zelda, Mario, etc. I also loved Harvest Moon and Rune Factory games; I miss them a lot.

My other interest include watching television shows, youtube and movies (kind of). I enjoy reading and creative writing. In case you couldn't tell, I am a massive introvert and homebody. I have 5 cats, 4 lads and a lady. I like sunny days and laughing and making other people laugh too. I'm very close to my family and a little on the weird side. I'm always open to a friendly chat.

Please be kind to me, I am an old person and I have no clue what's cool with the kids these days and can barely work the internet. The chances of me posting a GIF are minimal, because HOW??? And other technological woes.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
    emzeo85 wrote: »
    hi and thank you for adding me here. I really enjoy the sims and been big fan ever since ts3. im playing ts4 atm and kinda enjoying it.

Hello @emzeo85 :) Simming is fun! It is great watching our sims live their lives!
    Hi there! I'm mintycupcake. That has been my on-line gaming handle since I was 19 or 20, so you may have seen me before. Not on Steam though. Someone took it before I even knew what Steam is. Subsequently, I haven't made a Steam account yet, I haven't come up with a username.

I am a single female in my late 20s. I have played the Sims since the very first game, my brother got it for me for my birthday the year it was released. I play tons of other games as well, mainly computer. I used to be a huge Nancy Drew games fan, but over the last few games, my interest has fallen off. I don't know if that's because the games aren't as good or maybe it's just cuz I'm getting older. Other series I've enjoyed include Drawn and Azada. But I have tons of one off games too. In terms of video games, I love Zelda, Mario, etc. I also loved Harvest Moon and Rune Factory games; I miss them a lot.

My other interest include watching television shows, youtube and movies (kind of). I enjoy reading and creative writing. In case you couldn't tell, I am a massive introvert and homebody. I have 5 cats, 4 lads and a lady. I like sunny days and laughing and making other people laugh too. I'm very close to my family and a little on the weird side. I'm always open to a friendly chat.

Please be kind to me, I am an old person and I have no clue what's cool with the kids these days and can barely work the internet. The chances of me posting a GIF are minimal, because HOW??? And other technological woes.

Hello @mintycupcake :) It was a great birthday present that your brother gave you when he gave you the sims when it was released. It started you on enjoying playing The Sims ever since. It is great that you enjoy playing a nimber of different types of games. Playing games is enjoyable and fun. It is nice that you enjoy reading and writing. Writing is a great way of expressing our creativity and putting out thoughts into words onto paper. Many happy hours can be spent enjoying reading a book. I like sunny days too!
    Sending some sunny sunflowers to you to add sunshine to your day :)
  • YourraxusYourraxus Posts: 282 Member
    Hello all!
  • debdeasondebdeason Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi! I am very excited to get to know some people and learn how to play Sims. It sounds very interesting and very fun. I want to be interactive with others and be a useful part of the game, not only for me but for others as well. Although, I am having a hard time getting started but I am quite confident that I will catch on, " with a little help from my friends".
    debdeason wrote: »
    Hi! I am very excited to get to know some people and learn how to play Sims. It sounds very interesting and very fun. I want to be interactive with others and be a useful part of the game, not only for me but for others as well. Although, I am having a hard time getting started but I am quite confident that I will catch on, " with a little help from my friends".

Hello @debdeason :) Welcome to the forums! It is nice to meet you. I hope that you enjoy reading/posting on the forums. If you need any help or have questions, please feel free to post here. There are many helpful simmers who are very willing to help.
    Enjoy simming! :)
  • halfnotes9halfnotes9 Posts: 163 Member
    edited February 2015
    Hi everyone. I've been playing Sims for about 3 years, started with Sims Life Stories, then Sims2, Sims3 & now Sims4. Love to create my own sims, just started building and uploaded a few rooms this month. Didn't have enough confidence in my building skills prior to a few weeks ago. Thanks to rosemow's creative corner I got several threads that really helped.

I have 5 kids, all grown. 9 grandchildren & 1on the way and 1 great grandson. My kids started me playing cause a couple of them were playing, and then I started. It's been fun.

Well, guess that's all! Happy Simming.

Oh, my pic is my sim self, although my husband says it doesn't look like me... :(
    halfnotes9 wrote: »
    Hi everyone. I've been playing Sims for about 3 years, started with Sims Life Stories, then Sims2, Sims3 & now Sims4. Love to create my own sims, just started building and uploaded a few rooms this month. Didn't have enough confidence in my building skills prior to a few weeks ago. Thanks to rosemow's creative corner I got several threads that really helped.

I have 5 kids, all grown. 9 grandchildren & 1on the way and 1 great grandson. My kids started me playing cause a couple of them were playing, and then I started. It's been fun.

Well, guess that's all! Happy Simming.

Oh, my pic is my sim self, although my husband says it doesn't look like me... :(

Hello @halfnotes9 :) It is great that you enjoy creating sims. It is fun designing and creating our sims, then watching them live their lives in our games. Your simself is very nice! It is nice that you have her as your avi. It is great that you have uploaded some of your rooms to the Gallery. Simmers will like having them in their homes.
    It is lovely that you have have grandchildren and a great grandson. You would enjoy spending time with your family or being in touch. It is exciting that you will soon have another grandchild! Your family would be looking forward to the birth.
  • NikkiLandersNikkiLanders Posts: 68 Member
    edited February 2015
    Hello! I haven't been playing The Sims for all that long. Since 2013, I think. My oldest sister played the first one a lot. She had originally bought it for her son, and ended up being the one to play it the most. I wasn't all that interested in it back then. Fast forward a few years, and my boyfriend got me TS3 after I watched him playing, and I got hooked. I've been having a lot of fun playing both TS3 and TS4, though I haven't been able to play much of 3 since it crashes on me. I also enjoy playing World of Warcraft, and I will go through phases where I will obsessively play one of each of those three games. Right now, I play a little of each of them as time permits (and TS3 bugginess permits).

Oh, edited to add that my username is not my real name; it's a character from a short story I wrote when I was a teen.
    Hello! I haven't been playing The Sims for all that long. Since 2013, I think. My oldest sister played the first one a lot. She had originally bought it for her son, and ended up being the one to play it the most. I wasn't all that interested in it back then. Fast forward a few years, and my boyfriend got me TS3 after I watched him playing, and I got hooked. I've been having a lot of fun playing both TS3 and TS4, though I haven't been able to play much of 3 since it crashes on me. I also enjoy playing World of Warcraft, and I will go through phases where I will obsessively play one of each of those three games. Right now, I play a little of each of them as time permits (and TS3 bugginess permits).

Oh, edited to add that my username is not my real name; it's a character from a short story I wrote when I was a teen.

Hello @NikkiLanders :) It is nice that your boyfriend introduced you to playing The Sims 3 and bought the game for you. It is great to play whichever of the sims games and World of Warcraft that you feel like playing on that day. We go through times and days when we feel like playing a particular game, then come back to plsying the other games another day.
    It is nice that you were a writer when you were a teen. Do you still enjoy writing stories?
  • cutiekittenxxxcutiekittenxxx Posts: 46 Member
    edited February 2015
    Hello! :)
    My name is Courtney, i live in the UK near Birmingham!
    I have 1 ginger cat called Mia who i absolutely adore, and i'm getting a Siamese kitten in June this year. ( i really like cats btw ).
    I love Nicki Minaj, Kim Kardashian, Beyonce, Marilyn Monroe and Cara Delevigne. I'm also pretty obsessed with 50 shades of grey :blush:
    I've played every single Sims game that has ever been released, and have spent hours upon hours playing the games.
    I only ever registered an account on here in 2013, never heard of the forums before, i was just concentrating on the games.
    I find The Sims therapeutic, i get to create and live a life that i will never actually have, that sounds unbeliveably sad but hey ho! :lol:
    I'm also in love with call of duty, enough said! :P

Post edited by cutiekittenxxx on
    Hello @cutiekittenxxx :) It is nice that you have a ginger cat and will be getting a Siamese kitten in June. Cats are great pets to have! You will looking forward to getting the new kitten! It is great that you have been enjoying playing each of the sims games versions that have been released. You would have had lots of fun and very happy simming hours.
    Welcome to the forums! It is great that you have now come and posted on the forums. I hope you enjoy reading and posting on the forums, and meeting other simmers here.
    Continue to have fun simming! :)
  • PlayPlay Posts: 704 Member
    I'm not very good at these things, but why not...

I'm Michael and I'm from the UK...Been a fan and player of The Sims basically since it came out. Was an avid user of TheSims2.com BBS, so I recognise some long-term players that are still around, not so much TheSims3.com though :( By the time I upgraded my laptop, the series was coming to an end!

Gave up on The Sims 4 the day it came out, but earlier this month I went back to it and realised it's not all bad, and I'm actually enjoying it. So I thought I'd become a little more active here again. Looking forward to chatting with you all. :)
  • YourraxusYourraxus Posts: 282 Member
    Hello to those who introduced themselves! :)
  • CyangleexCyangleex Posts: 34 Member
    Hello everyone! It took me a while to find this thread... I'm new to this forum and at first I was hoping to see an independant category for greetings (I've seen that in many other forums). Not to mention English is actually not my primary language: I'm from Argentina (please correct any grammar mistakes in my writing if there's any, it'll help me a lot) ^^
    Anyways, I decided to create an account here instead of going for the es_ES part of the forum, mainly because I've seen many interesting things here, and I'd like to be able to participate in certain threads which have already caught my eye.
    I'm especially interested in getting the Member rank sooner or later, since I have many Sim families I'm pretty proud of, and would like to share pictures with the community... I doubt I'll ever meet the posts requirement though (I'm always shy at first) :)

Now, let me talk a bit about myself... My actual name is Franco, I'm a 19 years old boy and have been playing The Sims since I was 9, I've always loved it... I played The Sims 1 (only with Livin' Large expansion pack), 2 (Ultimate Collection), 3 (all expansion/stuff packs until Supernatural), and of course, The Sims 4 (the only one that is still installed on my machine). I cannot choose a favorite right now (I'm between TS3 and TS4) because I got this last one a month ago, and I'm too far from having explored the game thoroughly ^^
    About my username... it started with Cyan because cyan is my favorite color, but then I felt it lacked something, so I just threw -gleex at its end and thought it sounded shiny and cool, so I left it there, haha :D It's been my universal username since 2013 and I love it when I'm referred to as Cyan~

Now I could keep talking forever but I don't want to make this introduction any longer, so I'll just say thanks for leaving me a place in The Sims Forums!
    edited February 2015
    I'm not very good at these things, but why not...

I'm Michael and I'm from the UK...Been a fan and player of The Sims basically since it came out. Was an avid user of TheSims2.com BBS, so I recognise some long-term players that are still around, not so much TheSims3.com though :( By the time I upgraded my laptop, the series was coming to an end!

Gave up on The Sims 4 the day it came out, but earlier this month I went back to it and realised it's not all bad, and I'm actually enjoying it. So I thought I'd become a little more active here again. Looking forward to chatting with you all. :)

Hello @TS2MichaelID :) It is great to meet you. It is great that you have enjoyed playing The Sims from the beginning. I hope that you enjoy chatting here on the forums, meeting new simmers and catching with other simmers that you knew too.
    Happy Simming! :)
    Cyangleex wrote: »
    Hello everyone! It took me a while to find this thread... I'm new to this forum and at first I was hoping to see an independant category for greetings (I've seen that in many other forums). Not to mention English is actually not my primary language: I'm from Argentina (please correct any grammar mistakes in my writing if there's any, it'll help me a lot) ^^
    Anyways, I decided to create an account here instead of going for the es_ES part of the forum, mainly because I've seen many interesting things here, and I'd like to be able to participate in certain threads which have already caught my eye.
    I'm especially interested in getting the Member rank sooner or later, since I have many Sim families I'm pretty proud of, and would like to share pictures with the community... I doubt I'll ever meet the posts requirement though (I'm always shy at first) :)

Now, let me talk a bit about myself... My actual name is Franco, I'm a 19 years old boy and have been playing The Sims since I was 9, I've always loved it... I played The Sims 1 (only with Livin' Large expansion pack), 2 (Ultimate Collection), 3 (all expansion/stuff packs until Supernatural), and of course, The Sims 4 (the only one that is still installed on my machine). I cannot choose a favorite right now (I'm between TS3 and TS4) because I got this last one a month ago, and I'm too far from having explored the game thoroughly ^^
    About my username... it started with Cyan because cyan is my favorite color, but then I felt it lacked something, so I just threw -gleex at its end and thought it sounded shiny and cool, so I left it there, haha :D It's been my universal username since 2013 and I love it when I'm referred to as Cyan~

Now I could keep talking forever but I don't want to make this introduction any longer, so I'll just say thanks for leaving me a place in The Sims Forums!

Hello @Cyangleex :) It is nice to meet you. I will look forward to seeing pictures of your sims when you are able to post photos. It is great that you have been enjoying playing all the different versions of the Sims. They all have great features in them. It is nice hearing about why you chose your username. Cyan is a very nice shade of colour.
    I hope that you continue to enjoy and have fun playing the sims, and creating sims. Happy simming! :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top