Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is the Sims Resource Safe?

2...Next

Comments

• marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    > @marcel21 said:
    > Randomness000 wrote: »
    >
    > Mod The Sims & The Sims Resource are pretty much the only place where i get my CC(along with some random tumblr sites as well). But For some reason TSR loads slow.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Do you mean when using the site or downloading?

Using the site, downloading is fine.

Downloading!

do you have an ad blocker?

They tend to slow things down for me both with browsing and downloading their!
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Randomness000Randomness000 Posts: 125 Member
    > @marcel21 said:
    > Randomness000 wrote: »
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Downloading!
    >
    >
    > do you have an ad blocker?
    >
    >
    > They tend to slow things down for me both with browsing and downloading their!

Nope i dont use an adblocker
    fGRb4d2.gif
  • LunqsLunqs Posts: 166 Member
    Its very safe if you're careful to not press the wrong buttons, i have been using TSR forever, and i never got any viruses! :smile:
    Contract?
    tumblr_m5b80x2g8w1rum37jo1_500.gif

• Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    I haven't had problems with any of the major sites, it's when I've clicked on cc links from tumblr that I've had issues, so I don't usually look on there
  • Suzie Suzie Posts: 3 New Member
    Can someone please explain to Me how to add mods to my game... I've been playing Sims for years and never knew about mods haha... I downloaded a couple of things from tsr and entered them into my mods file... However I downloaded about 15 files and only 2-3 actually showed in my game... Can someone please help me x
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I refuse to pay for custom content 'borrowed' from other creators at the MTS. (This was some years ago) and TSR used to have a bad rep of virus spreading malware. It's up to you whether you trust their server is secure and they aren't putting malware in their code. Now, all this was years ago, but just letting you know of it's bad rep in the past.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    Suzie wrote: »
    Can someone please explain to Me how to add mods to my game... I've been playing Sims for years and never knew about mods haha... I downloaded a couple of things from tsr and entered them into my mods file... However I downloaded about 15 files and only 2-3 actually showed in my game... Can someone please help me x
    see this general help CC thread http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS4_CC_Basics
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I refuse to pay for custom content 'borrowed' from other creators at the MTS. (This was some years ago) and TSR used to have a bad rep of virus spreading malware. It's up to you whether you trust their server is secure and they aren't putting malware in their code. Now, all this was years ago, but just letting you know of it's bad rep in the past.

you can only get malware via the ads. any site with an ad can have this security issue.

edited March 2015
    Suzie wrote: »

there ;)

http://www.thesimsresource.com/helpcenter/view-post/post/26847/Installing The Sims 4 Downloads

http://simsvip.com/2014/08/22/how-to-install-custom-content-in-the-sims-4/

Good luck :D

• BrynnaTHBrynnaTH Posts: 22 New Member
    It's safe I /guess/, but the ads are foul, they make my computer run slow every time i go on.
    BrynnaTH wrote: »
    It's safe I /guess/, but the ads are foul, they make my computer run slow every time i go on.

You can always use an ad blocker that's what i do,or pay a small yearly fee to be rid of them!

I'v been a member their now since 2007 not had any problems their!

• NY_DONNANY_DONNA Posts: 54 Member
    I feel like TSR is the safest. I have downloaded unimaginable amounts of cc from there with 0 virus protection
  • DyrewitchDyrewitch Posts: 465 Member
    I use TSR alot for clothes and objects have yet to try any script mods , I weary of that for now but I have not had any trouble with there content . I really love that Chrome has and extension for TSR to automatically install it for you. Don't know if thats becuz i pay the monthly fee or not.
  • ClaimingTheFifthClaimingTheFifth Posts: 417 Member
    > @ASDF0716 said:
    > For what it is worth, I have downloaded boat loads of content from TSR and never had any negative events.

Me, too. I would suggest however NOT to go into the ads - that's generally where the malware lurks. I decided it was worth paying the fee NOT to have to deal with the ads but that's a strictly personal decision and not required to download from there.
    That light at the end of the tunnel? It's a train.
    The five-second rule does not apply when you have a two-second dog.
  • DyrewitchDyrewitch Posts: 465 Member
    I too have downloaded tone of clothes and objects with no problem and I agree its worth the 3.50 a month for no ads
  • bastilleaimeebastilleaimee Posts: 60 Member
    In my opinion, TSR is safe. If you have any doubts just type in the address on a scam adviser website and it will tell you in terms of percentage how safe it is
    hope this has helped :)
  • ArielDelphinusArielDelphinus Posts: 628 Member
    I have been using MTS for a long time no issues. I started using TSR after it went free, and haven't had any issues but I do turn off the bloody adds. It will take longer to download from TSR with adds off but with the adds on it takes just as long to download (have timed it) due to lag. Personally, this is just my preference, I refuse to pay just to stop adds because ultimately you are paying for downloads. As well once the download of the zip or the rar file is placed on my computer I right click it and do a shell scan with my virus protection, one of those better safe then sorry situations.
    “Because if you don't stand up for the stuff you don't like, when they come for the stuff you do like, you've already lost.”
    ― Neil Gaiman
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    edited March 2015
    I believe it is, yes. I use it all the time for the featured artists and select artists like Nightcrawler, Newsea, Cazy and JSBoutique with no problems. Like others have said though, occasionally there are download errors due to the way the site is set up. if you can work around the occasional site issues, its a great place to find some nice items.
    Tw1zt1d wrote: »
    There are always risks with mods. I have had problems with maybe two files downloaded from TSR and that was around October. Otherwise, everything is clean and safe.

I do not like it though that you cannot have a pop-up blocker on, on that site. It annoys me with all the pop-ups and obvious spyware looking to take over your computer if you accidentally click on it.
    I never get pop ups there. I wonder why?
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • lovlyblovlyb Posts: 968 Member
    Always stick with the site you trust and try the feature artist, I have downloaded from both and I haven't had a problem. Take advantage of your Anti virus program you can scan all the items you download.