Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Celebrate The Sims!

Comments

• emochild67emochild67 Posts: 120 Member
    Fun fact: I got sims 2 for ps2 when it first came to console. I was young(young), and didn't exactly know what woohoo was in the game, or in real life. My parents took the game away and then proceeded to give the "talk". i was mortified.....not because of the talk, but because i didn't get the game back until i was older .

I still have the game.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Fun fact: The Sims 2 UC I'm playing allows me to read to toddlers like I could in the Sims 3.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    Fun Fact: the royalty system isn't as cool in TS4, but there's a neat glitch that let's authors sell their books the old-fashioned way in TS2.

You can create multiple copies of your sim's novels by placing them on a table and placing the table in your inventory. Then take the table out and take the book off the table and place the table back in your inventory. If you take it out again, it will spawn a new novel. You can sell the books at a bookstore and sims all around the neighbourhood will be reading your sim's novel!
  • MattoowyMattoowy Posts: 106 Member
    Fun Fact: Bella Goth after 15 years there is no wrinkles? Botox, or what? :D :D
    EA ID: Mattoowy
  • meganalyssa94meganalyssa94 Posts: 199 Member
    Fun Fact (If I am remembering correctly): I believe in Sims 1 you were able to paste a real picture onto your sim's face and actually create yourself or anyone you wanted. I'm pretty sure I remember trying to do that once and thought it was pretty cool that my real face was on my Sim :)
  • applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    Fun Fact (If I am remembering correctly): I believe in Sims 1 you were able to paste a real picture onto your sim's face and actually create yourself or anyone you wanted. I'm pretty sure I remember trying to do that once and thought it was pretty cool that my real face was on my Sim :)
    You're right. I remember doing that, too. :)

• MooPlaysGamesMooPlaysGames Posts: 27 New Member
    It's a a shame that I only discovered The Sims when The Sims 3 was announced. The Sims 2 seems to be most peoples favourite game out of all of them! :(
    Fun Fact: I never bought The Sims 3 Seasons Expansion Pack, yet it was somehow my favourite, because I watched so many videos of other people playing it :/
  • SommoreButtaSommoreButta Posts: 489 Member
    Fun Fact: No matter how quick my Sim hurried to get their clothes on they were always late for work even though they were gone already.
    sdaomhlfplv5.png Bestie's In Sim Form
  • Lenne42Lenne42 Posts: 80 Member
    > @MooPlaysGames said:
    > It's a a shame that I only discovered The Sims when The Sims 3 was announced. The Sims 2 seems to be most peoples favourite game out of all of them! :(

Didn't you get it when they offered The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection for free right before the sims 4 release? I already had all the EPs but not all the SPs. So I used it to help with the anxiety of waiting for TS4. It was great to get back into it again! Open For business is my Favorite EP. Not counting the sims 1 because, IMO, that game was ahead of its time so it's actually the best the sims version. It's what started everything. And if you go back and play it now it's SUPER hard but incredible fun. It was made in a time where putting out an amazing product was all that mattered. Those were the days.
    [img][/img]2hf78fn.jpg
    Check out this YouTube Channel! MySimsVideos has Mod Tutorials, Game Reviews & GIVEAWAYS! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_HOU-s_hNldYgy86_waGAA?app=desktop&persist_app=1
  • Lenne42Lenne42 Posts: 80 Member
    Fun Fact: The Sims 4 has a handyman already in the programming! There's a cheat you can type in that will spawn a random sim (they won't be dressed like a handyman) who will then fix all your broken items for free. Not sure why they haven't given us the patch to officially add it to the game.

FUN FACT: A stockbroker system was added to the sims 3 but never executed. Without a special mod ( which can still be found on mod the sims) there is no way to access it. With the mod your sims can us their computers to do some e-trading, play with the stock market and make or lose a lot of money!!
    [img][/img]2hf78fn.jpg
    Check out this YouTube Channel! MySimsVideos has Mod Tutorials, Game Reviews & GIVEAWAYS! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_HOU-s_hNldYgy86_waGAA?app=desktop&persist_app=1
  • XatDeeXatDee Posts: 32 Member
    I was a kid when I got Sims 1 for Christmas from my mom and that year. Mom had gotten a weird scented candle that I associated with playing Sims since it sat burning on the desk the PC was at. I played all the expansions but often wished i could find the same scented candle again as it evoked memories of such a happy time (yep I've spent 15 odd years having a cinderella scenario rejecting all the candles that didn't smell right lol ).
    My mom actually passed away a couple of years ago and on Christmas eve this year i said to my boyfriend I was good this year and it was the first Christmas since i felt all in the spirit and happy. I cooked dinner for us all and opened my presents...I get candles every year because the rest of the family just think im nuts for them, not realizing I'm actually looking for one in particular and lo and behold..... there it was!!! Cranberry and Vanilla!! Who knew?! I spent the evening playing the Sims 4 smiling to myself, with the candle burning :)
    > @Lenne42 said:
    > Didn't you get it when they offered The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection for free right before the sims 4 release? I already had all the EPs but not all the SPs. So I used it to help with the anxiety of waiting for TS4. It was great to get back into it again! Open For business is my Favorite EP. Not counting the sims 1 because, IMO, that game was ahead of its time so it's actually the best the sims version. It's what started everything. And if you go back and play it now it's SUPER hard but incredible fun. It was made in a time where putting out an amazing product was all that mattered. Those were the days.

I think if I played TS1 and TS2 now, I wouldn't be able to handle the quality after having TS3 expectations and now even TS4 expectations. It's sad though, if that was considered good quality now I'd probably love it. I was offered the pack by the way, but not available on Mac (not last time I checked anyway)
    > @XatDee said:
    > I was a kid when I got Sims 1 for Christmas from my mom and that year. Mom had gotten a weird scented candle that I associated with playing Sims since it sat burning on the desk the PC was at. I played all the expansions but often wished i could find the same scented candle again as it evoked memories of such a happy time (yep I've spent 15 odd years having a cinderella scenario rejecting all the candles that didn't smell right lol ).
    > My mom actually passed away a couple of years ago and on Christmas eve this year i said to my boyfriend I was good this year and it was the first Christmas since i felt all in the spirit and happy. I cooked dinner for us all and opened my presents...I get candles every year because the rest of the family just think im nuts for them, not realizing I'm actually looking for one in particular and lo and behold..... there it was!!! Cranberry and Vanilla!! Who knew?! I spent the evening playing the Sims 4 smiling to myself, with the candle burning :)

That is so amazing and cute :)
  • lisa17annlisa17ann Posts: 2,749 Member
    Fun Fact: When i first tried a spell using makin magic snakes were all over my sims land and I laughed to hard and long about it!
    34921575804_8da1fd7db6_z.jpg

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    edited February 2015
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Maybe not the oldest NJSimmer as one friend of mine that plays this game and is a member of the group of Simmers I hang out with in the Sims 3 CAW forum is over 75.

Also back during late Sims 1 and Sims2 early days one of the Nursing homes I was a Geriatric Dietitian at introduced the Sims 2 to the residents of the nursing home as a REC Room activity study on people with memory diseases and found out the game triggered improved memory functions in the elders including short and long term memory. These often very old elders even well into their 90's surprised the staff by recreating their own selves and families where previously they had no memory of their own spouses or even any idea of their life. But after a relatively short time of a few months playing the game it opened up some of their memories and they were able to recreate it.

After that little private study I understand several other Maine Nursing homes have since added Sims 2 games and computers to their rec rooms. So apparently there are a fair number of elders playing and enjoying the Sims 2 anyway.

Also I saw a while back (about mid way through Sims 3) there was a Simmer in Texas celebrating her 86th birthday and another - also in Texas celebrating her 83rd. So I guess there is a fair number of older Simmers. I do not know though if those two Simmers were just Sims 2 players or if they played Sims 3 as well. I do know my friend Rukaya I mentioned who is in my Sims group does play Sims 3 and has almost all the eps, sps and a good amount of store content. She loves to make families for different Caw world creators to populate their worlds with.

@Writin_Reg and @SimGuruDaniel, I don't know if you or others were already aware of this, but I just ran into a Univ of Pittsburgh Power Point on the use of "The Sims" as a life simulation game for cognitive skills enhancement for people with learning disabilities and brain trauma. The results show they found the game had mostly a positive impact on self-awareness and real-world problem solving skills, and no one rated it as having a negative impact.

That's a powerful game. And, quite a responsibility.

The same guy, Edmund LoPresti, gives a talk on it here. I haven't watched the talk yet.

Edited because I seemed to have been facing my own cognitive obstacles when I posted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    I watched the presentation. I think the development team should watch it as well.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
    Thanks for watching, @Jarsie9. I just went back and looked at what a mess that post was from the bad grammar to the bad link and I'm glad anyone paid attention at all. :/
    greenXen wrote: »
    Thanks for watching, @Jarsie9. I just went back and looked at what a mess that post was from the bad grammar to the bad link and I'm glad anyone paid attention at all. :/

I had wanted to say more about it, seeing as how they used the Sims 2 (and presumably the Sims 3) for their program, but this didn't seem the place to do it. Still, I think EA/Maxis should take note of the fact that The Sims is more than just a dollhouse game. It can also be a very effective tool used to help people cope with life.

B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited February 2015
    Oh I know the Sims 1 and 2 were - but by Sims 3 I was working here in New Hampshire. Last I knew the Sims 2 was the game of choice and was also being introduced in special needs classes in middle school as well. I do believe it was preferred for the those learning from the game to be able to control all the households via a group of players with each student or patient playing a household. So with sp and open world that woud not have worked for these studies and classes. Besides there was a lot more to the family relationships and prioroties that was pretty much lost in the Sims 3. I have not yet seen that presentation - but will probably in the morning.

Thank you for posting that Green Xen.
    -

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• chongjasminechongjasmine Posts: 68 Member
    Fun fact: I accidently killed my sim by forgetting to include a ladder in the pool.
  • Jooshh1Jooshh1 Posts: 38 Member
    Fun fact: In TS2 we had loading screens... In TS4 ...oh,now we have loading screens too... Well that wasn't so funny I think. :D
    edited February 2015
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Oh I know the Sims 1 and 2 were - but by Sims 3 I was working here in New Hampshire. Last I knew the Sims 2 was the game of choice and was also being introduced in special needs classes in middle school as well. I do believe it was preferred for the those learning from the game to be able to control all the households via a group of players with each student or patient playing a household. So with sp and open world that woud not have worked for these studies and classes. Besides there was a lot more to the family relationships and prioroties that was pretty much lost in the Sims 3. I have not yet seen that presentation - but will probably in the morning.

Thank you for posting that Green Xen.
    -

That's interesting. I had no idea it was so widely used as a therapeutic tool. I started a discussion on it so this topic wouldn't take away from the OP here. I would love to hear more about everyone's thoughts and experiences with this:
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/817791/what-do-you-think-of-the-sims-as-therapy#latest

Edit: Ok, so I guess they don't find any of this Sim-related since they moved it to off-topic chat. Go figure.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • ScratchySilver06ScratchySilver06 Posts: 8 New Member
    what about the sims 4
    what about the sims 4

I don't think Sims 4 would work as well, if you're talking about therapy use. It's too rigid and structured...too goal oriented.
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!