Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lack of teens?

Is anybody else noticing its really hard to find other teens? I am try to find friends and possibly girlfriends for my teen boys and I cant find any teens. (im figuring I wont find them in the bar or lounge) But I cant find them anywhere. Are teens destined to be forever alone?
eqnxTFN.jpg
I love video games because of the things that I could never do in real life... For instance, in the sims you can get a job and a house.
Origin ID: Mainmanvs100

Comments

• Options
    DariuDariu Posts: 3,120 Member
    there is no story progression
    which makes it hard
    and they dont generate teens
    mostly young adults only.

so be careful.
  • Options
    AceofSpades2231AceofSpades2231 Posts: 594 Member
    okay, good to know that my teens will be forever alone :(. This may surprise you but this is the first think that I havnt liked in the sims 4
    eqnxTFN.jpg
    I love video games because of the things that I could never do in real life... For instance, in the sims you can get a job and a house.
    Origin ID: Mainmanvs100
  • Options
    DariuDariu Posts: 3,120 Member
    okay, good to know that my teens will be forever alone :(. This may surprise you but this is the first think that I havnt liked in the sims 4

theres a way to bypass this
    play other families to age and have teenage children ;3
  • Options
    AkirukaAkiruka Posts: 47 Member
    The game generates single mom households which always contain one teenage daughter and one male child(that you could also age up if you wanted)
    You could always download families with teens from the gallery though. :)
  • Options
    ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    Someone in another thread said that if they go to the parks after dark, they always end up with a bunch of teens showing up. Personally, when I decided to specifically play some teens, I made two in two separate families so I'd at least have one person they could hook up with. XD
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • Options
    KarrterrKarrterr Posts: 1,329 Member
    Whats driving me nuts it that our teens don't look like teens. I can't stand this height thing with them all being the same height. They look like adults.
  • Options
    purplexbutterflypurplexbutterfly Posts: 597 Member
    I have also seen a few people say that if they show up at the park when it gets dark that a bunch of teens turn up, although I am yet to try this. I just figured that if I couldn't find any teens, I would just make some and put them in any empty houses or merge them with other families.
  • Options
    ValandisValandis Posts: 2,008 Member
    There are plenty of teens (basically people of all ages) in my game that I meet randomly everywhere. :confused:
  • Options
    purplexbutterflypurplexbutterfly Posts: 597 Member
    Valandis wrote: »
    There are plenty of teens (basically people of all ages) in my game that I meet randomly everywhere. :confused:

Same here. I see a lot of children and teens at the library during the day and also see a few walk past my house randomly. I don't see them in any of the bars or the lounges, but I have seen them in the park on occasion. I usually meet a lot of different sims at the library, it really seems to be the place to be lol.
  • Options
    SweetieTreatsSweetieTreats Posts: 2,668 Member
    I have no problem finding teens in my game. They usually walk around the neighborhood. Also when you start the game you should at least see Malcolm Landgraab and Cassandra Goth. You can use the Manage Households tool to identify what households have teen Sims. It really isn't that difficult to add more teens to the game.

Also, there is story progression in the game. I wish people would stop with the lie. It just doesn't function fully like the SP in The Sims 3. The only difference between the story progression in The Sims 3 &4 is that in 4 Sims can't get jobs and random Sims don't move in with each other.
  • Options
    SimatropolisSimatropolis Posts: 286 Member
    The reason you're finding it hard to find teens is because they don't exist, only young young adults.
  • Options
    SoamazingalixxSoamazingalixx Posts: 2 New Member
    I know I am extremely late on this thread, but I was having the same problem. I tried going to the park at 3 am. I met one other teen there. After playing for a bit I noticed that when your sim goes to school you can make them work hard, slack off, leave early, or meet new friends. Honestly this is the best way I have found so far to find other teens to socialize with. Hope this helps someone! =D
  • Options
    LauraCxLauraCx Posts: 21 Member
    just tried the park thing- found a load of them!! x
  • Options
    ChalkyMalkyChalkyMalky Posts: 120 Member
    It's the same thing for elders lol
  • Options
    FreundHein1FreundHein1 Posts: 11 New Member
    I couldn't find any teens when my sims were teens, but the moment they aged up, teens were everywhere!
  • Options
    edwie22edwie22 Posts: 100 Member
    A lot of my gameplay is about the teens, I created a bunch of them and have 2 generations, 18 year olds and 16 year olds. I went to the household gallery and I turned ALL my seniors into teenagers. Now I get them walking around town once in a while. The game spawns only Seniors, Adults and Children. No YA;s, no Teens, no toddlers.

A funny aspect of my game is that I have a snobby sim (one of my favorites), he is the town's mayor (big politician). Whenever I am not playing him, he is always walking around town in his power suit and I like to think he is looking for votes and such. It is nice to see him talking to every single sim in every neighborhood. The interesting thing here is that his son (who turned into a teen not long ago) is EXACTLY like his father. Everytime I am playing other households, there he is, walking all around town. Make your own teens and spread them around, at least then your teen boys will have a girlfriend that you'll like.