The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Neighborhood Wishes Challenge

ddominicddominic Posts: 352 Member
RULES:
- You must rotate between each pre-made family in one or both worlds and play them for the same amount of time.
- The goal is to complete as many whims as possible, with at least minimum of five during the day.
- You can get married, have children, make romances any time to keep the story going since you keep switching between different families lives. - You need to complete atleast a minimum of four aspirations, but you can always complete as many as you can/want.
- You are allowed to use custom content, mods, custom traits, lifespans.
- You can buy any rewards if you like.
- When half of the young adult stage has passed, you can't change a sim's aspiration unless you complete one.
- Play with auto-age for non-played families off, so you can play rotations for equal time and nobody else ages.

OPTIONAL POINT SYSTEM:
+1pt for every completed whim
+1pt for every completed aspiration goal (e.g. if you complete the Big Happy Family aspiration, you will have a total of 11 points earned from it)
-1pt for any CAS fulleditmode edit, which pretty much means for any "plastic surgery"
-1pt for any use of a money, aspiration, skill, relationship, etc. cheat
Post edited by ddominic on

Comments

• ddominicddominic Posts: 352 Member
    bump? Nobody interested?
  • WomanOfLeisureWomanOfLeisure Posts: 14 New Member
    This actually looks like it'd be a lot of fun to play with... especially going a generation or two with this, just to see what the kids are like. I'll give it a go!
  • StormyDayzStormyDayz Posts: 4,035 Member
    I've been looking for a neighborhood rotation challenge, thanks for posting this! I do a gaming blog and pretty much only do challenges. I'm doing a random legacy right now but once that's done I'll try this out.
    Leave links if you do please :)
    P.S. This challenge is for pre made households in Willow Creek and Oasis Springs.
  • Nicarra60Nicarra60 Posts: 2,916 Member
    Any reason you can't add a few more households and rotate through them as well?
    My Sim Story blogs -- Hi Mum, It's Sammy || WA with the Grants || Art flows through || Sims Short Stories (Adult content warning)
    edited March 2015
    You can. But the fun is that you don't create your own sims, cause when you breed pre-mades if there are ugly you want to keep them as they are. And you don't want to create pretty sims just to fix their children.
    @Nicarra60
  • EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    Nicarra60 wrote: »
    Any reason you can't add a few more households and rotate through them as well?
    My question as well.
    ddominic wrote: »
    You can. But the fun is that you don't create your own Sims, cause when you breed pre-mades if there are ugly you want to keep them as they are. And you don't want to create pretty Sims just to fix their children.
    @Nicarra60
    Is there a reason the Sims not living in the world (game generated) or my own random generated Sims could not be given homes and played.

• Nicarra60Nicarra60 Posts: 2,916 Member
    I'd definitely just add my own households into the mix. If they meet and fall for one of the pre-mades, that's fine. If they meet and fall for another one of my households, that's cool too. That's pretty much how I played Sims 2 - way back in the day.

I've been thinking about a save for rotating through households. Though I have no desire to use this challenge, mostly because I can't be bothered to track points.
    My Sim Story blogs -- Hi Mum, It's Sammy || WA with the Grants || Art flows through || Sims Short Stories (Adult content warning)
    edited April 2015
    Honestly the point system is kind of an optional thing as well, the main part is to complete whims.

And game-generated townies are allowed to move in through getting married and stuff but not moving them to live alone.

And tbh for me it is just more interesting to play with pre mades cause they are all just too fun to play and I always liked to play them rather then adding my own sims.

Although when I played a bit of TS4, I added Maxis sims like Babs, Ollie, Cassidy, Gladys; etc. So I guess... idk... I still didn't made them. I guess I just like playing premades so I play with how their personalities are made and not change them.
  • LibrarianSimmerLibrarianSimmer Posts: 67 Member
    I like the challenge, but it would be better to give the aspirations more points than the whims. Just some friendly advice. I think it sounds like fun though. The aren't all that many rotation challenges. So kudos for that!
  • iamduniamdun Posts: 514 Member
    edited January 2016
    I'm currently working on two challenges that I've combined. #rebuildwillowcreek and #thehighlandercrest I bet I could've rolled this challenge in as well, seeing as how for a little while I was rotating households. However, I've decided to focus on the main household for now. I love this. I may use it next go round after the 10th generation is born.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Cool challenge. I'm going to start a new save with this one. I have one on-going but it's a legacy one. I like that this one is a rotational one.
  • Rayvensky81Rayvensky81 Posts: 1 New Member
    I like this challenge but I think I'm going to use all the premade families since we have so many ep's and include them all in too. I think it will give it a little more of a challenge but I am def doing it.