Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

S4 BuildnShare Winners Circle

Comments

• NhicksNhicks Posts: 1,580 Member
    congrats @oXseashellXo‌ !!!!!!! Beautiful build!!!!!
    Find Me In The Gallery! MzHicks #MzHicks
    ~My showcase thread~
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/814744/mzhicks-builds
    How You Liven - A Peek Into YOUR Sims World
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/887032/how-you-liven#latest
  • oXseashellXooXseashellXo Posts: 678 Member
    I can't believe I won! Thank you so much! I loved everyone's builds and thought I had no chance!
  • Issabella14Issabella14 Posts: 1,656 Member
    Congratulations @oXseashellXo, a really magnificent build. Thanks for you comments @BuildnShare much appreciated. :)
  • benlow11benlow11 Posts: 83 Member
    Thank you for the feedback @BuildnShare‌, I am still working on getting away from my comfort zone of straight lines. :D
    And congratulations @oXseashellXo
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    edited February 2015
    STARTING OUT RESULTS FOR CHALLENGE #12 WINTER DESIGNER SHOWDOWN

@pammiechick‌‌

Wonderful external appearance with great choice of wood and stone wall textures gives this home a lovely cabin feel, combined with your excellent choice of woodsy planting. You have made good use of all the available outdoor space and included lots of activities. The decking with the bbq/dining area and pool adds a great touch. Very spacious open floor plan, though I would have liked to see a little division between all the different areas. All the bedrooms are beautifully decorated and furnished in a lovely rustic style giving an earthy natural feel. The open plan 'den' area upstairs works really well and looks a great area to hang out.

Suggestions: Open plan concept is great in the way it gives lots of space but the areas must 'flow' with each other. Try and keep the styles and colour schemes in each area in line with each other.

@Nhicks‌‌

Lovely exterior design with a good choice of wall coverings and textures. Gorgeous outdoor areas with lots of activities to keep kids and adults amused. Excellent interior layout using an open plan concept on the ground floor with each area defined by the different flooring, looks very effective. Superb interior design using a modern style and great colour combinations in all rooms giving a very stylish and chic appearance. Excellent object placement and great use of MOO. Those bunk beds with the shelves as steps look fantastic and I love the way you've MOO'd the lamps together.

Suggestions: I would suggest you experiment with terrain paint to give those extra effects outdoors. For example, add a little dirt under the monkey bars to make the area look 'used'. More plants and shrubs would have added more colour to the grounds.

@DonOelllo

Gorgeous looking country style house with a great choice of windows and textures that work well together. Excellent use of terrain paint to create paths and lovely choice of plants to add colour. Wonderful interior layout design with rooms easily accessible. Really like your galley kitchen, the arches look great either side and the mounted fish add to the 'farm' style. The log fire in the living room looks very inviting, mighty impressed with your MOO here and the kids area in this room is a great idea! All bedrooms are beautifully decorated.

Suggestions: Your landscaping is wonderful, but I feel there is a lot of 'wasted' space externally. Perhaps some outdoor areas/activities would have 'filled' these empty spaces.

The Winner is.....

@pammiechick‌‌

GArBA5W.jpg
    Congrats on your win @pammiechick!!! Your build is amazing and truly beautiful.
    ~My showcase thread~
    @BuildnShare thank you so much for the challenge, and for the wonderful critique. I have take your suggestions to heart.
    ~My showcase thread~
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Thank you @Nhicks‌ ! And thank you, @BuildnShare‌ for your suggestions. I'll be implementing them on my next build! :D
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    STARTING OUT RESULTS FOR CHALLENGE #13 BEST LAID PLANS

☆ VanillaChai ☆
    Oh my word, this place looks just wonderful, the exterior is so charming and the landscaping is exceptional. I just adore those wild areas around the feet of the trees. You have made a brilliant job of the roofing for the build as well. You have copied the layout well and made great use of the space. Your object choices are wonderful, it is certainly a timeless and elegant home. Your palette works incredibly well throughout.

I think it’s safe to say you can move up to the established group for the next challenge!

Suggestions:
    I noticed that in the walk-in-wardrobe section of the master bedroom that the flooring is going in different directions, it kind of mars the overall effect. On the exterior side of things, I wonder if having some less ‘perfect’ grass area’s underneath the monkey bars and around the pirate ship would have made the =m look a little more used, but then if Kaiden’s still a baby, I guess they wouldn’t have been used yet. (Unless Kaye and Kieran fancied a hangout)

Sim Challenge:
    Kieran, Kaye and Kaiden look great and I love the traits you have selected for them. They certainly seem to have settled well into their new home.

☆ have2admit ☆
    The exterior of this home looks lovely, the wall treatments you have used really suit the style of the build. Your roofline works well. The plants you have chosen for your landscaping fit well. And I am impressed with your use of those rocks to make the ground seem a little less flat. you have certainly got the floor plan down, I noticed that you did away with the walk in closets, but that’s fine. Your interiors are lovely, your eclectic use of furnishing objects helps the build feel almost ‘shabby chic’ which is a lovely touch for this home.

Suggestions:
    The rear of the home feels a little unfinished, perhaps some terrain paints to link the seating areas together would have made it feel more cohesive. The sunroom feels a little empty, maybe some more plants would make it feel a little less stark.

Room Challenge
    Kaiden’s nursery looks lovely, the palette is a nice neutral shade and there are certainly enough toys around to keep him entertained. You might want to work a little on your object placement, don’t forget about the ‘alt’ key, with which you can angle things a little more subtly.

The winner of the overall challenge is @VanillaChai

The Sim Challenge also goes to @VanillaChai

The Room Challenge goes to @have2admit
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited March 2015
    ESTABLISHED RESULTS FOR CHALLENGE #13 BEST LAID PLANS

☆ Issabella14 ☆

What a wonderful approach to the house with the curved pathway, planted borders and circular garden in the centre, which is a stunning area to sit in and reflect next to the plants, lights and sculptures. This is a very beautiful appearance and your landscaping skills are really shining through now. The exterior of the house has a warm Mediterranean look which looks lovely lit up at night. Great job with roof lines. You have made some terrific features to the interior of this house and made great use of the space, particularly regarding the layout of the main room with the lounge, music area, bar and other activities. Wonderful curtain combinations throughout the house. Love the way you've MOO'd the tables in the kitchen with the counters, it gives a great appearance. The wardrobe niche in the kids room with the columns, spandrels and curtains looks very impressive. Great design of the 'garden' room, really like the wall textures you've chosen with the arches and arched windows. Wonderful placement of objects here. Your pool area is outstanding with the rocks emitting fountains into the pool. What an excellent idea to MOO the seats to make them look like sun loungers in this area, perfect!

Suggestions:
    To improve your presentation give your pics titles, ie room names, etc. Also, I noticed an unpainted area on pic 54, make sure all walls are covered.

☆ gmcrozier ☆

A lovely country fresh appearance to the exterior gives this build a peaceful feel. Good choice of wall textures that work really well together and great roof lines. Your landscaping is really improving and the look here is very refreshing. You have lots of activities and different outdoor areas, the gorgeous gazebo with the chess table and the wishing well. It would be good if you could integrate these areas more with each other. There are still lots of open spaces outside which could be embellished. Love the rabbit in the plants by the fountain! Lovely sunny warm colours used in the main room which is laid out really well. Nice reading area and really like the alcove with the cupboards and stereo with candles, lovely effect. Excellent idea to have the shelves with plants dividing the areas, looks very impressive. Your kitchen is spectacular, very countrified with the stone walls and wooden counters, the island in the middle really fills in the space. Very elegant bathroom, great how you've placed the soap dispensers here. Wonderful feature surrounding the bed and adding the drapes in the main bedroom.

Suggestions:
    I would suggest you give your pics titles, this will improve your presentation. Also, keep your pics well organised, there were a few strays here and there.

☆ countrykris1play ☆

Very pleasant appearance to your house with exterior textures that blend well together. The raised flower beds surrounding add neatness to the house, with a great choice of plants that look beautiful together. Wonderful roof lines and good choice of roof trims. Really like the rear decking with the seated areas and chess table, looks very peaceful and relaxing. The interior layout works very well, all decorated and furnished lovely. The kitchen and dining area look very elegant, as does the main living room. Great fireplace niche with the plant basket on top and the book shelves. The bar is very impressive with the cupboards, mirrors and bottle shelves, lovely having audio speakers above. Fantastic job with Kaiden's room, nice and colourfully decorated and furnished beautifully. Great 'wardrobe' niche! Absolutely gorgeous master bedroom, the green and brown colour combination really give the room a vibrance. You have made excellent use of the two 'rooms' leading to the bathroom, great clothes and shoe racks and a fantastic resemblance to a laundry room!

Sim Challenge:
    A super family, you have chosen great traits for each of them. Kieran, Kaye and Kaiden really look like they've settled into and enjoying their new home.

Suggestions:
    The landscaping you have created looks beautiful and very well done. However, there are still a lot of open spaces outside which could have been filled with more plants, trees, sculptures, activities, etc. Make use of all space available. Also, the pathways look a little too straight and harsh, either edge them with planting to soften the look or use the terrain paints to add curves, for example.

☆ benlow11 ☆

Lovely pathway leading to the house lined with plants, looks very inviting and welcoming. The rabbit hiding in the plants is a fun touch! The stone and siding exterior textures blend well together giving the house a very neat appearance. Both side and back porches are great areas to relax. Lovely bbq and eating area with seats where adults can watch the children playing on the monkey bars or pirate ship. The pool looks very refreshing, serene and tranquil. Gorgeous interiors, the green tones of the living room look so cool, soothing and relaxing. You've used the space here really well, creating a music area in one corner and a seated niche in the other with bookcases either side, surrounded by overhead cupboards. Beautiful dining room, great colour scheme here, the purple looks very warm compared to the cool green of the living room. Fantastic kitchen design with the bar in the middle. Really like how you've continued the colour into this area with pops of purple here and there. The child's room is adorable, bright and colourful with lots of activities. Very elegant master bedroom, great idea to have male and female closets leading to the beautiful bathroom.

Suggestions:
    Lots of open and unused space externally. Make use of all available space, for example you could have filled this space with trees creating some kind of forest/woody area.

The winner of the overall challenge is @Issabella14

The Sim Challenge goes to @countrykris1play

The Room Challenge goes to @countrykris1play

Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Congratulations @Issabella14 and @VanillaChai! Well done!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    Congrats @Issabella14 and @VanillaChai! Great job!!!!
    ~My showcase thread~
    I just wanted to say all the builds were really great and unique in their own ways. Since Congrats time all the entrants!!!
    ~My showcase thread~
    I can't believe it, with so many fabulous entries. Thank you @BuildnShare for the win and the great review.

Nhicks wrote: »
    Congrats @Issabella14 and @VanillaChai! Great job!!!!

Thanks @Nhicks.

Thanks @pammiechick.
    edited March 2015
    Congrats @VanillaChai well done and congrats @countrykris1play for the win on the sim and room challenge.
  • VanillaChaiVanillaChai Posts: 177 Member
    STARTING OUT RESULTS FOR CHALLENGE #13 BEST LAID PLANS

☆ VanillaChai ☆
    Oh my word, this place looks just wonderful, the exterior is so charming and the landscaping is exceptional. I just adore those wild areas around the feet of the trees. You have made a brilliant job of the roofing for the build as well. You have copied the layout well and made great use of the space. Your object choices are wonderful, it is certainly a timeless and elegant home. Your palette works incredibly well throughout.

I think it’s safe to say you can move up to the established group for the next challenge!

Suggestions:
    I noticed that in the walk-in-wardrobe section of the master bedroom that the flooring is going in different directions, it kind of mars the overall effect. On the exterior side of things, I wonder if having some less ‘perfect’ grass area’s underneath the monkey bars and around the pirate ship would have made the =m look a little more used, but then if Kaiden’s still a baby, I guess they wouldn’t have been used yet. (Unless Kaye and Kieran fancied a hangout)

Sim Challenge:
    Kieran, Kaye and Kaiden look great and I love the traits you have selected for them. They certainly seem to have settled well into their new home.

☆ have2admit ☆
    The exterior of this home looks lovely, the wall treatments you have used really suit the style of the build. Your roofline works well. The plants you have chosen for your landscaping fit well. And I am impressed with your use of those rocks to make the ground seem a little less flat. you have certainly got the floor plan down, I noticed that you did away with the walk in closets, but that’s fine. Your interiors are lovely, your eclectic use of furnishing objects helps the build feel almost ‘shabby chic’ which is a lovely touch for this home.

Suggestions:
    The rear of the home feels a little unfinished, perhaps some terrain paints to link the seating areas together would have made it feel more cohesive. The sunroom feels a little empty, maybe some more plants would make it feel a little less stark.

Room Challenge
    Kaiden’s nursery looks lovely, the palette is a nice neutral shade and there are certainly enough toys around to keep him entertained. You might want to work a little on your object placement, don’t forget about the ‘alt’ key, with which you can angle things a little more subtly.

The winner of the overall challenge is @VanillaChai

The Sim Challenge also goes to @VanillaChai

The Room Challenge goes to @have2admit

Oh wow. Thank you so much for the lovely review and for bumping me up to Established. Everyone did so well on their lots! I had such a great time doing this build and can't wait to submit more. I'll update my submission for the newest challenge with the Established level and put in all of my CC links.
    Congrats @VanillaChai well done and congrats @countrykris1play for the win on the sim and room challenge.

@Issabella14 Thank you! Congrats to you, @countrykris1play and @have2admit too.

Wonderful job everyone!

Currently Playing - Generation One of the Bloom Legacy

Thank you!

Also @BuildnShare - I was having issues with that particular flooring. I would set the flooring up correctly, save, and when I opened the lot back up again at a later time to work on it, some areas were changed to the other direction. I must have missed a spot when I was correcting them for the photos. Anyone else have issues with the wood flooring switching around on you? It seemed to only happen if I'd turned MOO the last time I altered the house.

Also @BuildnShare - I was having issues with that particular flooring. I would set the flooring up correctly, save, and when I opened the lot back up again at a later time to work on it, some areas were changed to the other direction. I must have missed a spot when I was correcting them for the photos. Anyone else have issues with the wood flooring switching around on you? It seemed to only happen if I'd turned MOO the last time I altered the house.

Thank you @VanillaChai, yes I have had this before, it happens when I rotate the tile and add flooring to the existing flooring. Don't know why it happens but it does. :)
  • LebannaLebanna Posts: 1,157 Member

Now that you mention this, I've had this happen a lot too. Haven't paid attention to when it happened. But it did. Maybe a good thing to give the Simguru's a nudge about ;)
    Writer for Platinum Simmers

Gallery ID: Annabelli_22
    edited March 2015
    EXPERT RESULTS FOR CHALLENGE #13 - BEST LAID PLANS

@masajo
    This place looks fantastic, the roof line you have chosen works incredibly well, as do the exterior wall treatments you have chosen, it helps the building really blend together. Your landscaping is inspired, those bedding plant areas are just fantastic, and the decks are well thought out and just that little bit different. Your choice of interior furnishings works well, good job on making the place feel homely and not too modern. The palette flows well throughout the build and everything feels very tranquil.

Suggestions: Those little roundels, in the apex of the roofs, feel a little too much for me, in my opinion the build doesn’t really need them.

Room Challenge: Oh my goodness! I just adore how you have laid this room out, so unusual and so well thought out and executed. The palette is divine and I love how little Kaiden has so many cool things to help him in his journey to adulthood! You made great use of MOO and the object resizing.

@misscbong
    What an adorable little cottage! You have done a fantastic job re-creating the floor plan. Your roofline is very well done and I just love those little landscaping touches, especially those window boxes.you have made some great use of the terrain painting tools. Your interiors look great, I like those little homey touches, like the chicken on the fireplace, it stops the build from feeling too modern. The muted palette works incredibly well throughout the build.

Suggestions: Although I like the muted colour scheme in the main area of the home, I can’t help but think a couple more ‘pops’ of colour would have helped to make things a little more interesting.

@Karababy52
    I really like the southern adobe style of your build, the roofline you have gone with helps reflect the architectural style you have chosen, as do your landscaping choices. Your choice of furnishings are well thought out and help add to the overall theme of the build and you made some really great decisions on your interior palette.

Suggestions: I think your roofline could have done with a little more tweaking, having all those valleys in the centre areas of the building are a little off-putting. Your interiors feel very crowded, a little too much clutter maybe? I wonder if those planter boxes in the master bedroom area are just a little too big for the space.

And the winner is.....

@misscbong

And the winner for the room challenge is @masajo
    Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Congratulations @misscbong ! Thank you for your critique @BuildnShare and suggestions for improvements. I think you're right about the home being a bit too cluttered. I like clutter so I tend to go overboard with the buy debug objects, something I need to work on. I guess the phrase, 'more is better' isn't really true in some cases eh? hehe Thanks again and have a great week everyone! <3
    EXPERT RESULTS FOR CHALLENGE #12 - WINTER DESIGNER SHOWDOWN

@masajo
    I just adore what you have done with the exterior of this shell, the roofline is fab and the exterior wall treatments really help cement that adobe theme. Your landscaping is divine as ever, your choices of plants and rocks again are perfect for the architecture style. The layout works well, I can tell you have really given some thought as to what to place where. Your palette is so sumptuous, yet not overbearing, which in an adobe style is a very fine line to walk, those pops of colour really work to ease that over-arching cream on the interior walls. I love the fact that your inspiration piece is in the downstairs toilet!

Suggestions: The third bedroom feels a little over cluttered to me, but that is just my opinion and may be due to the wide curtains in that room.

The Winner Is:
    @masajo

Please don't let the fact that you were the only entrant diminish your win, it was very well deserved!
    GArBA5W.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top