Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Neighborhood rotation challenge???

Has anybody heard of a neighborhood rotation challenge? Or can you think of one? I've never played rotational game style and would like to try it but I usually do challenges. Any ideas/advice from those of you that play this way would be great! :smiley:

Comments

• simswithcheesesimswithcheese Posts: 79 Member
    Love the idea, that sounds like it would be fun! It would give people an excuse to play with the premade families :smiley:
  • StormyDayzStormyDayz Posts: 4,035 Member
    I guess nobody had any ideas regarding making this type of challenge. Too bad.
  • haylz18haylz18 Posts: 182 Member
    I saw something on here the other day about a challenge when you had 4/5 families and played each one for so many days at a time. Sorry I can't remember what it was called. I am doing a rotational story at the moment but it isn't a challenge. Hope you find what you are looking for!
    venus-and-mars.jpg
    haylz18 wrote: »
    I saw something on here the other day about a challenge when you had 4/5 families and played each one for so many days at a time. Sorry I can't remember what it was called. I am doing a rotational story at the moment but it isn't a challenge. Hope you find what you are looking for!

Is that how you play your story? Playing each family for a certain number of days then switching?
    No I just swap between families as I'm playing to suit the story but I mention each family at least once in each "episode". Here is the link if you want to take a look https://sims4sagas.wordpress.com/the-simtopia-saga/

I like the idea of a rotating challenge though, what kind of goals/storyline did you have in mind?
    venus-and-mars.jpg
    haylz18 wrote: »
    No I just swap between families as I'm playing to suit the story but I mention each family at least once in each "episode". Here is the link if you want to take a look https://sims4sagas.wordpress.com/the-simtopia-saga/

I like the idea of a rotating challenge though, what kind of goals/storyline did you have in mind?

I love your story! I read it all. I have no idea what kind of challenge to make since I have no experience with rotational gameplay. I was really hoping someone had made one. I wonder if there are any for sims 2 that could be converted.
    Thanks =) If you want any help give me a shout. Although I've only been doing the story for a week so I'm no expert!
    venus-and-mars.jpg
  • WomanOfLeisureWomanOfLeisure Posts: 14 New Member
    There's something called The Neighborhood Wishes Challenge that user ddominic posted recently (I'd post the link, but... well... new account, so yeah.) It focuses on rotating around families in the neighborhood and completing whims and aspiration goals. You could probably check it out if you wanted.
    Thanks for the info on the challenge @ddominic posted. Here's the link for everyone: forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/817445/the-neighborhood-wishes-challenge
    Thanks @AkramA I checked out the thread and found a link to the rules for the challenge: forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/815692/the-sims-4-royal-kingdom#latest It's called the Royal Kingdom Challenge.
    Ah it was the Neighborhood Wishes Challenge that I saw the other day, thanks @WomanOfLeisure‌ not being able to remember was annoying me lol!
    venus-and-mars.jpg
  • ddominicddominic Posts: 352 Member
    Leave links if any of you do this :)
  • lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,794 Member
    @Rainydayz179‌ - I just literally found one today. Gather Ye Rosebuds :D
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
    edited February 2015
    Are there any pre-made neighborhood rotation challenges? Cause the rules I posted are supposed to be for pre-made families.
    ddominic wrote: »
    Are there any pre-made neighborhood rotation challenges? Cause the rules I posted are supposed to be for pre-made families.

Pre-made like the families already in the neighborhood for example the Goths or pre-made like gallery sims?
    No. Goth, Landgraab, Zest, Caliente, etc...
    ddominic wrote: »
    No. Goth, Landgraab, Zest, Caliente, etc...

Oh ok. I've never played any of them so that would be interesting.
    That's kind of the fun of the challenge, cause the starter sims have pre-made traits and also I think to base off of Sims 2 there should be a rule of not changing aspiration after someone is young adult.
  • RachelRosebudRachelRosebud Posts: 1,103 Member
    edited February 2015
    I'm doing a rotation game. It's not so much a "challenge" as just for fun. I rotate across Sims I've made in CAS like Scarlet Firecracker and EA pre-mades like Babs L'Amour, Don Lothario, the Goths, and the Landgraabs, etc. I'm on Gen 2 and having a blast!!! Plus I love building, and rotating across several families means I can build new homes for them! <3My blog is where I write everyone's stories - keeping track of everyone you're rotating to is part of the fun. :) I like making complicated family trees. :wink:
    @RachelRosebud I just got finished hopping around your blog and plan to go back again. I love it! How on earth do you keep track of all of those families and how many sim days do you spend with each? I mean how often do you switch around? What age setting do you use? LOL Sorry for all the questions.
  • RachelRosebudRachelRosebud Posts: 1,103 Member
    edited February 2015
    @Rainydayz179 Lol, no I love questions! I don't have rigid rules. I pretty much rotate when something sparks my interest in another Sim (like when I first rotated away from Scarlet to live Dina Caliente's life for a little while, and then Don's, and then I want to flesh out Babs' story, and then I get guilty I forgot Scarlet, lol, so I go back to her for a little while, and then I want all of their kids to grow up, lol... Oh, and the Landgraabs. Poor Geoffrey and the lovely Nancy, and then Malcolm and Cassandra was fun to play... Really the best part is just playing another household and seeing your *other* Sims walking around. It's like you get to know everyone in the neighborhood, and see a little bit of their own personality come out without you controlling them. You learn to let go a little and be surprised. Everyone's friends, (or not - I have mean Sims that cause trouble, lol). And I like to add my CAS Sims now and then, when I get inspired, to keep things fresh. Like my Jamie Jolina (yay, Get to Work expansion means she can be a doctor soon, lol). I love making outfits for my Sims, and giving them makeovers when they age up.

I play with AGING OFF except for Active Household (and even then I sometimes go in and turn aging off for them, too, because sometimes I don't want a Sim to age up until I feel ready. It brings to mind how I used to play the Sims 2. I used to try to stick to a schedule - like rotate every 4 to 5 days, but some families are more interesting than others. And that's OKAY! That's what's great about the Sims 4. If you don't really like a Sim, just age them up, or as I like to say, get them "caught up" to my Sims that I do play so that everyone's ages are as in line as possible. :) This was a lot harder in the Sims 2 since we couldn't force age them without cheats (except maybe teens to young adults with University). I play with money cheats, because I love building and decorating, and I'm more into social relationships than just trying to have my Sims make money. They do have jobs, though (some of them, lol). Plus there are tons of aspirations, things to collect, you can like 'assign' these to families, so that you can try each type of aspiration/goal with a different family.

And I keep track of everyone in my head - I've been playing the SAME game since I got the game Sept 2nd. Yep, same game, lol. Lots of saves in backup in case it explodes. I jump around using 'Manage Households' or just at the beginning when I load up my latest saved game. I also routinely delete game-generated elders (eventually, my rotation Sims will become Elders as the next gen comes of age). I try to keep the townie population rather small and keep around the ones I've come to know (like my townie bartender-for-hire Shaowen Acevedo. He's a 'household name' lol, been to more parties than any Sim ever!!!).

In the end, you might say I make my own 'story progression'. Lol.

Anyway, thanks for taking a peek at my crazy Sim families! I hope you have fun in your Sim game!! :)
    Post edited by RachelRosebud on
    @RachelRosebud I cannot believe you've been playing the same game since the game came out! I've done TONS of challenges. I'm really excited to try out your way of playing when I'm done with the Random Legacy I'm doing right now.
  • GitaGita Posts: 108 Member
    I can't link it, but the Social study from kremesch73 is a nice rotational play.