Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 and Sims 3 are Equally Good in their own respective games.

Comments

• king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    I got to thank the Sims 4 for making me appreciate the Sims 1, 2, 3, and Life Stories series a whole lot more. I still can't stand the Sims Freeplay.

More people seem to like the classics than ever before
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    I like all of the Sims games - except the Sims Freeplay.

The Sims Freeplay and those were play it (and have never even played the Sims on console or PC) are a disgrace to the Sims franchise.
  • SimStaffBethelleSimStaffBethelle Posts: 1,748 SimGuru (retired)
    Simmers please stay on topic and be respectful of each other's opinions. Thank you :)
  • shadowcat85shadowcat85 Posts: 5,219 Member
    I enjoy both Sims 3 and 4, I still play Sims 2 as well. I really don't consider one better than another. They are just different games.
    tumblr_inline_ne699tiMiG1r36c5t.gif

• DariuDariu Posts: 3,120 Member
    Simmers please stay on topic and be respectful of each other's opinions. Thank you :)

thank you
    but aswell. i'd like to point out and appreciate
    if people not spread rumors that i jump on other people :<
    thats dangerous and harmful
    and can lead to injuries.
  • Strawburry3Strawburry3 Posts: 329 Member
    @Dariu, sshh. Do not let these forums get to you. It's not high school, so whatever nasty things people have to say to you doesn't matter. At all. ( ^ o^)/ I promise!

In response to your op, I agree. All the games can be enjoyable in their own right. And Sims 1. Oh, man, I really wish I had the opportunity to play it.
    tumblr_mxol5mE3eQ1qdczlgo1_500.gif
    Hey, Nana..
    @Dariu, sshh. Do not let these forums get to you. It's not high school, so whatever nasty things people have to say to you doesn't matter. At all. ( ^ o^)/ I promise!

In response to your op, I agree. All the games can be enjoyable in their own right. And Sims 1. Oh, man, I really wish I had the opportunity to play it.

TT^TT thanks
  • CrackseedCrackseed Posts: 5,209 Member

I sometimes wish we could selectively forget certain experiences to relive them again. That moment when my Sims 1 astronaut came home from work and belted out a metal song on the guitar? Ahh, good times :) \m/
    y9UdOhq.png
    "My spirit animal can beat up your spirit animal"
    ~ Origin ID: DaCrackseed ~
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    I got to thank the Sims 4 for making me appreciate the Sims 1, 2, 3, and Life Stories series a whole lot more. I still can't stand the Sims Freeplay.

More people seem to like the classics than ever before
    Yeah it's not a bad thing. I have more Simmers I can talk to about the Sims 2 now. I love it. I'm so tempted to install my Sims 1 game again too.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Strawburry3Strawburry3 Posts: 329 Member
    Crackseed wrote: »

I sometimes wish we could selectively forget certain experiences to relive them again. That moment when my Sims 1 astronaut came home from work and belted out a metal song on the guitar? Ahh, good times :) \m/

LOL. I wish I had the pleasure of experiencing that with the Sims. Although I get this feeling when I finish a fantastic novel. :'D
    tumblr_mxol5mE3eQ1qdczlgo1_500.gif
    Hey, Nana..
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    While I don't think they're equally good, Sims 4 does have it's good points. Really, I can play it for a week or so before getting bored. I'm back to Sims 3, but after the new EP, if it gets good reviews, I'll buy it when on sale, cross my fingers regarding the loading screens, and see.

But I won't quit complaining about those loading screens. And I have a terrible feeling that as more content is added, more and more people will get exactly what it is that I'm talking about.
  • CrackseedCrackseed Posts: 5,209 Member
    ejoslin wrote: »
    While I don't think they're equally good, Sims 4 does have it's good points. Really, I can play it for a week or so before getting bored. I'm back to Sims 3, but after the new EP, if it gets good reviews, I'll buy it when on sale, cross my fingers regarding the loading screens, and see.

But I won't quit complaining about those loading screens. And I have a terrible feeling that as more content is added, more and more people will get exactly what it is that I'm talking about.

The loading screen abundance and multi-sim control really are my biggest beef with 4 as well. If we could get it trimmed back to remove loads from neighborhood blocks and the community lot section, I think I'd be pretty happy with the compromise though multi-sim control is probably always going to be a grump point.
    y9UdOhq.png
    "My spirit animal can beat up your spirit animal"
    ~ Origin ID: DaCrackseed ~
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    Crackseed wrote: »

The loading screen abundance and multi-sim control really are my biggest beef with 4 as well. If we could get it trimmed back to remove loads from neighborhood blocks and the community lot section, I think I'd be pretty happy with the compromise though multi-sim control is probably always going to be a grump point.

That's actually my biggest concern about the new EP -- the grayed out sims. I'm hoping they come up with an elegant solution to this.

• colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    That's actually my biggest concern about the new EP -- the grayed out sims. I'm hoping they come up with an elegant solution to this.

Plot twist: It removes the loading screens for each neighborhood. :#
  • kirby356kirby356 Posts: 4,607 Member
    🐸🐸🐸🐸 just doesn't deserve to be placed up there with TS1, TS2, and TS3. Everything is stripped down, the graphics look like a cheap knockoff, the gameplay is as dry as the Sahara desert, the sandbox gameplay is practically gone and instead replaced with RPG goal oriented foolishness, family play is abysmal, the babies look like spawns of the dark lord Satan, the backdrops look like cheap graffiti art, the hair looks like molded plastic lego pieces, the "humor" consists of potty humor that appeals to 10 year olds, the charm is gone, the loading screens are back but even more tedious than ever, and the UI makes the game look like a cheap iPad app.

So no, I don't think 🐸🐸🐸🐸 has any good qualities that are original and not copied and pasted from the previous games.
  • Mashimar0Mashimar0 Posts: 1,770 Member
    Zolt65 wrote: »
    colton147 wrote: »
    The Sims 4 is going to be one of the best Sims games ever made when expansions, stuff packs, and game packs start rolling out like a stampede of flying buffaloes wielding flaming chainsaws and spiked whips. ;)

LMAO
    I believe this is the 17th time I've seen you copy/paste this, Colt'!

and that's why Colton is in jail :p

jail?... what jail?
    vyogg9rodtfcebiur2om.gif
  • Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member
    Mashimar0 wrote: »
    The Sims 4 is going to be one of the best Sims games ever made when expansions, stuff packs, and game packs start rolling out like a stampede of flying buffaloes wielding flaming chainsaws and spiked whips. ;)

LMAO

jail?... what jail?

look at his pic, hes behind bars

so WHY is he and Kirby behind bars and yet there are fanboy tolls running wild? curious.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    :an
    kirby356 wrote: »
    🐸🐸🐸🐸 just doesn't deserve to be placed up there with TS1, TS2, and TS3. Everything is stripped down, the graphics look like a cheap knockoff, the gameplay is as dry as the Sahara desert, the sandbox gameplay is practically gone and instead replaced with RPG goal oriented foolishness, family play is abysmal, the babies look like spawns of the dark lord Satan, the backdrops look like cheap graffiti art, the hair looks like molded plastic lego pieces, the "humor" consists of potty humor that appeals to 10 year olds, the charm is gone, the loading screens are back but even more tedious than ever, and the UI makes the game look like a cheap iPad app.

So no, I don't think 🐸🐸🐸🐸 has any good qualities that are original and not copied and pasted from the previous games.
    lol. "Befriend 5 people" to get promoted.
    eMtd9s9.gif
  • LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member

LMAO

jail?... what jail?

so WHY is he and Kirby behind bars and yet there are fanboy tolls running wild? curious.

I question some things too ...
    LaAbby wrote: »

LMAO

jail?... what jail?

I question some things too ...

alot of people deserve to go to jail
    even i did
    and i paid for my crimes.
  • Mashimar0Mashimar0 Posts: 1,770 Member
    oh that thing is jail? i was looking at it and thought "what the heck is that?" so that does that jail thing do? obviously not preventing people from posting.
    vyogg9rodtfcebiur2om.gif
  • JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    edited February 2015
    oh that thing is jail? i was looking at it and thought "what the heck is that?" so that does that jail thing do? obviously not preventing people from posting.
    Oops. Mods might see and I need to behave. I need to control how wild I get
    spongebob-blushing-psd-468634.png
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    edited February 2015
    Jimil wrote: »

eMtd9s9.gif
    This is not a new goal. It is same as about any other level 3 to level 7 career in earlier versions of the Sims, which all required you make friends and skill up in certain skills to get promoted. The emotions system that replaces the mood bar IS original, just some people don't like it because it is different. Why don't you come up with some *original* ideas of your own that they could put in the game?
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    EasyToRead wrote: »
    I think the graphics are downgrade. Too Playdohish, too cartoony, and just lacking in detail overall. The game should be around 20 dollars and that is being nice....

Everything about the Sims 4 is worth it. ;)
    And that's why Colton is in jail :p

I was arrested and put in jail for robbing the Union Depository in Los Santos. :(
    Now I get it... You are loaded with dough so you can afford to throw whatever money you have at Sims 4. Sorry some of us would prefer not to rob a bank to play a game....
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    Jimil wrote: »

eMtd9s9.gif
    This is not a new goal. It is same as about any other level 3 to level 7 career in earlier versions of the Sims, which all required you make friends and skill up in certain skills to get promoted. The emotions system that replaces the mood bar IS original, just some people don't like it because it is different. Why don't you come up with some *original* ideas of your own that they could put in the game?

Attics would be nice ... But we don't even have basements anymore.

The linear-ness in the sims has gotten more obvious, especially in S4. "Do this and that in order to have a successful party/date/career/grades etc" The sims doesn't have any originality to it anymore, everything is mostly recycled.

The whole concept of emotions sounds nice and all, but it's more of the way on how they delivered it that some people don't like. It's sporadic, doesn't make sense, and at times doesn't react appropriately ... which goes under sporadic.

The push for new is fine, as long as it's appropriately done so. As for me, it just wasn't.