Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hello! Come and introduce yourself!

Comments

• simsluvr90simsluvr90 Posts: 3,030 Member
    Hey all

Im Simsluvr90 <3

Ive been a simmer since 2000 (when Sims 1 first came out)

I have ALL the sims series installed on my comp and yes I intermittenly play them all

Been on the forums since sims 2, but mostly lurked.
    I love coming here and making friends.
    I briefly talk about the sims anymore on here as I dont feel like getting attacked so I mostly post on peoples wall that I have become friends with.

I have my own forum called Destination Lounge which is a nice get away from here sometimes if you want to talk about other things rather than sim stuff.

So ya... Hi! o:)<3 (*)
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    Hi! I was introduced to The Sims by my kids (the ones who are now Young Adults) not long after the game came out, and I've been playing all the PC versions on and off, in binges, ever since. I used to mostly lurk on the Sims 3 forums, and I've been active on these ones since I started hearing about Sims 4 last summer. I have lots of posts here mainly because I find it personally satisfying to help people make their game work, and I like the puzzle-game of figuring out where a problem might be coming from. Also, there are lots of nice people here and it's fun to me to see all the different ways people play the same game (which are often way more creative than mine!). And I can daydream of what I might try in mine when I finally get a big block of time to play again, even though really I'll probably just play my usual boring way :)

Hello @luthienrising :) It is great that your kids introduced you to playing Sims, and that you have playing each of the versions since then. You are so very helpful for simmers that are having problems with their games. Thankyou very much for helpfulness. It is muchly appreciated, and it is very special that you give your time to help others. I hope that you have time to enjoy simming and try out new ways of playing. Happy simming :)
  • AESTHETICEAESTHETICE Posts: 4 New Member
    Hey, I'm aesthetice, but you can also call me E.

I've been playing Sims since I was.. 11 years old (I'm 22 now), when I saw my mother's girlfriend play TS1 on our computer. I fell madly in love with it and have been playing it ever since.

Sims has had such great memories for me, like when my best friend at that time just got TS2 and I went over to her house all the time to watch her play, and when my older sister bought me TS3 and I remembered saying how it was the absolute best day of my life. And now we have TS4, and I'm so excited to finally have my original game registered and on my Mac so I can play and share my houses with the online community!

I hope I'll be able to make some good friends here (and that people will enjoy my creations). :P
  • natashifiednatashified Posts: 3,314 Member
    Hey :D

I am natashified (Kaleb is my real name xD)

I have been playing Sims since I was 7 (many moons ago, started with SIms 2). When my sister got the game from a friend, and we used to play together (though she would play and I would watch) it was the best times! Then eventually I was able to play without killing my sims.

Fast forward to 2009 and SIms 3 came out, it really wasn't my sisters thing, she was much older and grew out of sims. So I took over and became a full time Simmer!

I love Sims 2 the most, the game is literally perfect! :smiley:

Kittenkiss wrote: »
    My turn. Started playing Sims with the first in the series, and have played on and off for the last decade and a half, time permitting. Mainly I read here, and post now and then. I've been meaning to play TS4 for a while, but things always tend to crop up, so.

Personally, I have a history in medical/technical science. In my free time, I love to read and have a penchant for Byronic heroes. Love love love reading gothic literature, as well as other styles from that point in time. They seem to have depth that modern books lack. I also keep fish, as well as playing guitar and watercolour painting.

Hello @Kittenkiss :) You would have had much fun over the years playing the different versions of The Sims.
    Reading is a very enjoyable activity. It is nice that you enjoy reading gothic literature and other similar styles of books. We can lose ourselves in a book and become a part of the story that we read. It captures our thoughts, we build images of the characters, and reading relaxes us.
    Happy simming! :)
    edited February 2015
    @SimGuruBChick‌

I would like to request this thread to be stickied in some sort of forum section xD.

I love what @rosemow is doing, and I feel that this is a good thread for people to visit when new to the community, as it created more of a community (if that makes sense) :D

• JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    LaAbby wrote: »
    My name is LaAbby and I like to try a lot of things:)
    I started playing sims in 2013, and have come to enjoy it. Although I don't play as often anymore.

That explains a lot.
    That bolded part means nothing except the fact that she is also a simmer like us. What are you trying to imply here?
    Jimil wrote: »
    I started playing sims in 2013, and have come to enjoy it. Although I don't play as often anymore.

That explains a lot.
    That bolded part means nothing except the fact that she is also a simmer like us. What are you trying to imply here?

SHe probably thinks that she is the ultimate simmer cause shes been doing it for so long.

Truth is guys, simming has no "years" nor an "expatriation date" If you've played it and continue to play it, you are a simmer.
    mbooks91 wrote: »
    I'm Miranda, and I've been playing sims, since The Origoinal Sims. I've always wanted to create a legacy family, but I never get that far. I just got sims 4 as a little present for mainting a 3.5 GPA in college. I joined the fourm to get ideas for my sims and future sims, but most of all to make friends :)

Hello @mbooks91 :) It is great that you have been playing since The Sims 1. I hope that one day you will be able to do the legacy family that you would like to do. Congratulations on maintaining a 3.5 GPA in college! That is a great achievement! It is nice that you got sims 4 as a present for achieving the great score. I hope that you make many simming friends on the forums.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Rosemow is such a nice person.
  • EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    edited February 2015
    kimjo313 wrote: »
    I'm not here to make friends and influence people. I'm here because I love the sims. Who I am and what I do irl is irrelevant to this game. For me, personally, I don't come here to get to know anyone. I come to talk about the game.

You know rosemow is one of the sweetest and most helpful people on this site. If you did not want to join here, why couldn't you just give this post a pass?

kim :\

Hi rosemow,
    I love reading all your critiques in the build forums. You are so thorough and nice! We could use more NICE people like you across the forum! I am on the long end of adulthood and have been playing the sims since the release of TS1! My son wanted it and lost interest right away. I however got hooked! I only play sims and no other games so I guess I am not a hard core gamer. I love my rescue dogs as you can see from my avi pic. I spent a lot of time in TS3 in the creative corner and the caw forum.

KIM :)

Because the post asks us to share about us and why we are here. I'm here to discuss sims. Not myself.

That explains a lot.
    Those comments were literally next to each other. Stick to discussing Sims..... I mean in your first post on the first page, you said you are not here to get to know people. I don't understand. You're contradicting yourself here.....
    hEFcp6z.gif
    Clarkie100 wrote: »
    Hello everyone. :)

I started playing The Sims in 2001, since then I have played 2, 3 and now 4.

I find the forums and fellow simmers to be extremely helpful, I've learnt so much about a game I really enjoy.

Hello @Clarkie100 :) It great that you have been enjoying playing the different versions of the sims games. It is great reading the forums, learning new things about the game and discovering helpful information.
    Continue to enjoy simming :)
  • CrackseedCrackseed Posts: 5,209 Member
    Let's not detract from the spirit of the thread even if someone makes a cagey/unnecessary comment.

Keep the love flowing through you, like a reverse Emperor Palpatine. Aww yiss.
    y9UdOhq.png
    "My spirit animal can beat up your spirit animal"
    ~ Origin ID: DaCrackseed ~
    Xoxk9 wrote: »
    *waves* Hey all/Rose.
    About me? *twiddles thumbs*

amblFEv.pngaAQQamI.pngBgfET73.pngj3Y8Qta.png

I've been simming forever and it seems like It'll stay that way (unless God forbid I get a dreaded social life). The most fun I've ever had with an expansion pack was with Open for Business and my least useful expansion pack has been... livin' large (I was like 13 so. . .). I'm into youtubing atm, and I'm also addicted to Simpsons Tapped out (I finally get the farmville thing. Must. Keep. Tapping!)

Anywhoos. I'm not very interesting (no extra limbs or super powers) but Rose is awesome and I'm always down for hello.

Hello @XoXk9 :) Happy simming! It is great that you enjoyed Open for Business. I hope that you continue to have fun playing ghost sims and simming :)
  • Clarkie100Clarkie100 Posts: 1,708 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Clarkie100 wrote: »
    Hello everyone. :)

I started playing The Sims in 2001, since then I have played 2, 3 and now 4.

I find the forums and fellow simmers to be extremely helpful, I've learnt so much about a game I really enjoy.

Hello @Clarkie100 :) It great that you have been enjoying playing the different versions of the sims games. It is great reading the forums, learning new things about the game and discovering helpful information.
    Continue to enjoy simming :)

Thank you @rosemow :) This is such a lovely thread. :)
  • Deandra TheNewGirlDeandra TheNewGirl Posts: 384 Member
    Hey everyone! I'm Deandra and I've been simming since 2000' I was quite young at the time too. The sims was my amusement when I was really lonely and has been a special part of my life. Playing the game is harder now that I'm a college student but when I do get to play it's really nostalgic and relaxing.
    Crackseed wrote: »
    Aloha!

I’m N7 Muscles guy aka Crackseed aka “Let’s stay on the other side of the bus for now kids that man is way too happy…”

I’ve been “simming” since before the Sims were even a thing. Sim Earth and Sim Ant were some of the earliest Maxis products I consumed and went hog wild over. While the Sims for me tends to be a more diversionary title, I play it quite often when I want to just unwind and feel like a benevolent (or malicious) puppet master making my pixel creations dance for their overlord.

As a gamer, I tend to embrace a plethora of titles from quite a few genres. I would say RPGs are probably my crème de la crème right now but Shooters, RTS (Real Time Strategy) and Indie titles are all fair game.

In the Sims itself, I tend to focus on one family and I’m not really a Legacy player, preferring instead to just kind of let my Sims lives run themselves here and there with guidance from me. Collections, job and skill mastery and engineering silly situations are my forte.

Outside of my gaming love, I still actively collect LEGO to this day and work with a local club here in Hawaii to promote both creative thinking and simply enjoy the awesome that is LEGO MOC (My Own Creation) activities. Rollerblading, Avid movie goer and NERF pest to my friends and enemies.

Lastly – while I understand any forum is a melting pot of ideas and even conflicting viewpoints, diplomacy is always my end goal in the hopes of having good discussion.

Good natured flirting never hurts either though. Giggity.

Pleasure to meet you @rosemow and reconnect with the others here who I do know ;)

Hello @Crackseed :) It is great that you have been simming for a long time and with different games /versions of simming, as well as enjoying playing a variety of other types of games too. Lego collecting is a great hobby. The designs and items that can be constructed through Lego are great, and produce such creativity . It is great that you belong to a local Lego club, and can enjoy sharing the fun of Lego with other people who enjoy doing it too.
    Have fun simming and gaming! :)
  • dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    edited February 2015
    Lovely idea @rosemow :mrgreen:

I am dreamerz13. *grumbles about how she hates that name*

I have been simming for almost 11 years, sometime around august-september will be 11 years. I started with Sims 1. TS3 is my favourite in the series, followed by sims 2. I mostly stay away from the TS4 section, because honestly it's like a bunch of little kids fighting, and I don't exactly care for the game anyway (it's okay, but it's not worth fighting in the forums over). So I just hide out in the TS3 and off topic sections. I've been on the forums for almost 6 years, and have mostly enjoyed my time and getting to know some awesome fellow simmers.

I'm not an overly interesting person. LOL. I spend my free time simming, writing, or taking photos. And as I'm unemployed and struggling with social anxiety I have tons of free time hiding at home avoiding the world. So yeah, I'm not an exciting person, but I enjoy my kinda boring life. Sims is where the excitement is at, and I'm okay with that.
    Hi all!
    I'm Arubiana, I've been a simmer since TS1. I recently started a YT Sims Let's Play channel http://youtube.com/rubysimsfatale.
    So far, I have a series about Eliza Pancakes, and am developing a series based on Sterling from my WooHoo challenge video.

I love pushing my sims buttons and watching their reactions.

I used to work in advertising, and love creating off beat things.

Hello @ArubianaCaliente :) It is great that you have started a YouTube Lets play channel. Simmers will enjoy watching the videos. It is great watching our sims live their lives, and how they react to events that happen in their lives.
  • ArubianaCalienteArubianaCaliente Posts: 448 Member
    Thanks for the welcome, I've been on the forums for years, its nice to have a place to formally introduce myself.
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hi all!
    I'm Arubiana, I've been a simmer since TS1. I recently started a YT Sims Let's Play channel http://youtube.com/rubysimsfatale.
    So far, I have a series about Eliza Pancakes, and am developing a series based on Sterling from my WooHoo challenge video.

I love pushing my sims buttons and watching their reactions.

I used to work in advertising, and love creating off beat things.

Hello @ArubianaCaliente :) It is great that you have started a YouTube Lets play channel. Simmers will enjoy watching the videos. It is great watching our sims live their lives, and how they react to events that happen in their lives.
    Please check out my Youtube channel, thanks! https://youtube.com/user/RubySimsFatale
    Hi! I have been playing the sims since the sims 1 release. I never came to the forums until right before sims 4 was released. I'm a single mom, in college for criminal justice. I also work. So my days are always super busy, but i still manage to find time to play. My favorite sims game is still sims 2

Hello @dixieangel550 :) You would have had lots of fun times simming ever since sims 1 was released. It is great that you have come to the forums now and can enjoy reading and posting posts. I hope that your college studies are going well. It is great to play sims as a time to enjoy a rest from your studies and your busy life.
    I hope that you continue to have fun simming. :)
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    Hi, I'm Diana. :)
    I was on these boards for the game to share experiences and to get tips and help. But... I run a free time forum for girls and that got kinda quiet there so I moved to the off topic part of the forum here to chat.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
    simsluvr90 wrote: »
    Hey all

Im Simsluvr90 <3

Ive been a simmer since 2000 (when Sims 1 first came out)

I have ALL the sims series installed on my comp and yes I intermittenly play them all

Been on the forums since sims 2, but mostly lurked.
    I love coming here and making friends.
    I briefly talk about the sims anymore on here as I dont feel like getting attacked so I mostly post on peoples wall that I have become friends with.

I have my own forum called Destination Lounge which is a nice get away from here sometimes if you want to talk about other things rather than sim stuff.

So ya... Hi! o:)<3 (*)

Hello @simsluvr90 :) It is great that you have all the sims series games installed on your computer. You can enjoy playing whichever version that you feel like playing that day.
    AESTHETICE wrote: »
    Hey, I'm aesthetice, but you can also call me E.

I've been playing Sims since I was.. 11 years old (I'm 22 now), when I saw my mother's girlfriend play TS1 on our computer. I fell madly in love with it and have been playing it ever since.

Sims has had such great memories for me, like when my best friend at that time just got TS2 and I went over to her house all the time to watch her play, and when my older sister bought me TS3 and I remembered saying how it was the absolute best day of my life. And now we have TS4, and I'm so excited to finally have my original game registered and on my Mac so I can play and share my houses with the online community!

I hope I'll be able to make some good friends here (and that people will enjoy my creations). :P

Hello @AESTHETICE :) It is great that you have been enjoying playing the sims right from the start of the series. You would have had lots of fun hours simming. It is nice that you have special simming memories. It would have been an exciting day when your older sister bought you sims 3! You would have wanted to play it straight away! It is great that you now are playing sims 4 on your Mac. Enjoy creating and uploading houses to the Gallery! Simmers will enjoy having your houses in their games.
    Happy simming, creating and building! :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top