March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

List of Challenges (Legacy and Other) for Sims 4

Comments

• Hurley GamerHurley Gamer Posts: 1 New Member
    The Sims 4

The Truman Show Challenge
    by Hurley Gamer

OBJECTIVE

You must play the Sims 4 as if being the producer of a 24/7/365 reality show named "The Truman Show".
    The Truman Show is a movie starring Jim Carey in which he is the center focal point of a reality
    show that he thinks is actually reality. Truman has no idea that he is being filmed his entire life
    starting at birth. He grows up inside a fake world built to convince him that he is in the real world.
    He grows up, goes to school, graduates, gets a job, gets married, has friends, has dreams, and has

ambitions all the time he is completely trapped in a giant movie studio dome built to trick him. This

sounds like The Sims to me!

SETTING UP YOUR GAME

You may have any mods installed before starting EXCEPT any mods that make the game easier.
    ie. any mods that make skills level up faster. Also no mods that change the lifespan and aging

of your sims.

Start a new game.

In CAS, make two adults. One male and one female. They will be young adults. They MUST have the family
    oriented trait. These two will be Truman's Parents. They can look however you like as long as they have
    NO MODDEREN CLOTHES. Try to keep them looking like they belong in the year 1975. They can have any names
    you like but its prefered if they have the same names as they do in the movie.

Next, make a male baby. Give him any trait that might make him adventerous or ambitious later on in the

game.

Dont forget the edit the relationships before exiting CAS.

Next pick a lot to move into. You may use cheats to give your family 50,000 simonlans ONLY. Use this

50,000 to build a 70's style home. NO moddern gadgets like computers n such. When you are satisfied with

the home, you may begin play.

In the game settings, set the lifespan to LONG. Also make the whole world around him age up as he does.

Dont want him getting suspicious now do we?

RULES

1. This one is MOST important. You may not control Truman in any way at all! You must instead let him

live his life with only influences from your other sims. You may only break this rule to get him a job

and save him from death.

2. Truman must go to school everyday. He must finish school with good grades or you have failed the

challenge.

3. Trumans father must leave the household before he becomes a teen. His father may not interact with

him anymore.

4. Truman must make ONE best friend while he is still a child. You may break rule 1 to do this if you

have to.

5. As a teen, Truman must get a girlfriend. He will later marry this girl. Rule 1 may be broken here

also.

6. When he has become a young adult, Truman must move out and marry the girl from rule 5. NO EXCEPTIONS

HERE.

7. Truman must get a job in the business career. In the movie he sells insurance.

8. Truman may have kids with his wife if thats what you want.

9. Gain 100,000 simoleans.

10. Travel to "Fiji". Since you cant really do this, you may use Outdoor Retreat to go camping instead.

If you do not have Outdoor Retreat, you may go to one of the secret locations. If you dont know what

these are and how to get to them, GOOGLE IT.

11. Truman MUST die of olg age.

12. Dont let Truman know he is the center of your reality show! Sounds easy huh?

HOW TO WIN

Truman must die of old age and have 100,000 simoleans saved up. Do not control Truman unless you are

following another rule.

HAPPY SIMMING!

Hurley Gamer - Subscribe to my YouTube Channel.
  • CharliimaiCharliimai Posts: 1,773 Member
    I have created The Bunker Legacy Challenge. and am currently in the process of play testing here's link to Challenge information on weebly. http://purpleplumbob.weebly.com/

some basic info on the forum.http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/817585/the-bunker-legacy-challenge#latest

It's not too difficult as I am quite new to the Legacy game :)
    cSXsPD.jpg

Read my Legacy story's or atttempt one of my Sims 4 challenges.
    Charlii Mai's Blogs and Challenges

Read All of my Latest stories all in one place.
    RainbowPlumbob (Wordpress)

• Nicarra60Nicarra60 Posts: 2,916 Member
    I think everything is back up to date.
    My Sim Story blogs -- Hi Mum, It's Sammy || WA with the Grants || Art flows through || Sims Short Stories (Adult content warning)
  • Jooshh1Jooshh1 Posts: 38 Member
    Hi ! It would be great if they make The Sims 4 Stories Pack or something like that. To have different stories and we to be able to play one story and after we finished it to unlock another story. Hm?
    @jooshh1 And that's why I do the clone challenge. I have to write my own stories as I go but that's how the whole idea started! Sam Grant in ts3 had over a dozen clones and each had a different life.
    My Sim Story blogs -- Hi Mum, It's Sammy || WA with the Grants || Art flows through || Sims Short Stories (Adult content warning)
  • Jooshh1Jooshh1 Posts: 38 Member
    Oh,ok. I just didn't know.
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    Hello everyone, I have done some Sims 4 challenges on Sims 4 community on facebook some people thought I should post here. The respons have been great to these challenges involving the outdoor retreat game pack, some really hard survival challenges, dont know how to post url, but you can find them at The Sims 4 Community (Official) group on facebook.
    Cheers / Origin ID ApelsinOriental
    Sims4 Ultimate Survival Challenge by ApelsinOriental
    I have been given permission by the creator, @ApelsinOriental, to share this challenge. This does require Outdoor Retreat to play.

@EuphorialQueen Hi read your post about the challenge, It sounds neat.
    Ultimate Survival challenge
    the thing is I thought that you were to survive by fishing, gardening, collection and not leave the area.
    Why are some talking about not being able to finish a aspiration.
    You do not need aspirations to fish, garden collect and as some said paint.
    Do you have to do aspirations. I did not read that this was part of the challenge.
    Is painting allowed.
  • EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    Evalen wrote: »
    Hello everyone, I have done some Sims 4 challenges on Sims 4 community on facebook some people thought I should post here. The respons have been great to these challenges involving the outdoor retreat game pack, some really hard survival challenges, dont know how to post url, but you can find them at The Sims 4 Community (Official) group on facebook.
    I have been given permission by the creator, @ApelsinOriental, to share this challenge. This does require Outdoor Retreat to play.

the thing is I thought that you were to survive by fishing, gardening, collection and not leave the area.
    Do you have to do aspirations. I did not read that this was part of the challenge.
    Is painting allowed.
    Hello @Evalen :)
    Aspirations are not a requirement but they do help rack up Satisfaction Points to buy Traits. :)
    One of the steps of the Painting Aspiration is to view Art at the Museum. Since you cannot go anywhere that requires Map View it cannot be completed. However that does not keep your Sim from painting to earn money. I used the Woodworking bench to increase handiness. I also collected as many things in the area as I could and completed that aspiration. Gardening also played a part as did fishing. I was able to gain 50K on hand before completing the gardening aspiration. Angling Ace (if I recall) needs 20 kinds of fish. I popped up that Aspiration for the points but mainly was fishing for the money.
    edited February 2015

Is painting allowed.
    Aspirations are not a requirement but they do help rack up Satisfaction Points to buy Traits. :)
    One of the steps of the Painting Aspiration is to view Art at the Museum. Since you cannot go anywhere that requires Map View it cannot be completed. However that does not keep your Sim from painting to earn money. I used the Woodworking bench to increase handiness. I also collected as many things in the area as I could and completed that aspiration. Gardening also played a part as did fishing. I was able to gain 50K on hand before completing the gardening aspiration. Angling Ace (if I recall) needs 20 kinds of fish. I popped up that Aspiration for the points but mainly was fishing for the money.

@EuphorialQueen Thank you, I would like to try this one on the side. I am doing a A-Z generation, did it in sims 3 and made it to Z. I have now recreated my sims 3 family in Sims 4 and am starting again, I am now just about on my 5th generation Coming to E
    But this would be a little break from them once in awhile, I like the idea. Painting generates a lot of income so I am not sure if I want to use it or not. I will see as things go along. Also I know by staying in the area lessons your collecting income.
    I am anxious to get started.
    I would like to post pictures along with a story line, but I get so involved in game play I forget. Love the idea. Thanks for posting it and thanks for answering me. Have a good day.
    Oh another thing. is the idea to wait and get $50.000 before you can start building.

• nastyjmannastyjman Posts: 1,218 Member
    @nicarra I have a new challenge to share. It is Generational and it is inspired by Doctor Who.

Time Lord Challenge (Sims 4) http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/817792/sims-4-time-lord-challenge
    TLC_banner_2021_downscale.png
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member

Is painting allowed.

@EuphorialQueen Thank you, I would like to try this one on the side. I am doing a A-Z generation, did it in sims 3 and made it to Z. I have now recreated my sims 3 family in Sims 4 and am starting again, I am now just about on my 5th generation Coming to E
    But this would be a little break from them once in awhile, I like the idea. Painting generates a lot of income so I am not sure if I want to use it or not. I will see as things go along. Also I know by staying in the area lessons your collecting income.
    I would like to post pictures along with a story line, but I get so involved in game play I forget. Love the idea. Thanks for posting it and thanks for answering me. Have a good day.
    Oh another thing. is the idea to wait and get $50.000 before you can start building.

I don't see an A - Z challenge here, where is the rules for it? One of my subscibers recommended it for a new LP, but I can't find a Sims 4 A - Z challenge.
    p8L4V6v.png
    edited February 2015

Yes ... the idea is to survive by camping until you have gained the 50K on hand.
    edited February 2015

Is painting allowed.

I don't see an A - Z challenge here, where is the rules for it? One of my subscibers recommended it for a new LP, but I can't find a Sims 4 A - Z challenge.

@‌EuphorialQueen I use to see it in Sims 3. So it might be in Sim3 and it is the same. the only thing I do it a little different, but you can do it anyway you like.
    You see my sims do not work or go to school. (your kids will not be taken away if you never send them from the beginning) I made a founder and called him Dewey Dexter, he married and had a wife. they had a child and started with A and called him Alex Dexter, now the thing that I do is (this is my own rule) no one moves out. Alex grows up gets married and marries and they live together with Dewey's parents. so you have Dewey Dexter his wife and Alex Dexter and his wife, now they have a baby and you call him B for Bobby and now around this time sometimes the grand parents will be gone so you have Alex his wife and Bobby and. If the grandparents are still her you will have 5 sims now. it keeps going that way. The only thing because my sims do not work, is they live off the land, they fish, garden, paint, write, collect, crafts etc. Now you do not have to do it that way you can have your sims work. But in 26 generations I did, no one worked. Sometimes I have them move to a different house and take away their money to start over. In my first A-Z somewhere along the line the generation had a Alien and he married a real Alien and then went to reg sims again. You can have a heir that does not get married and adopt or just gets pregnant. I find it a lot of fun as each generation is so different.
    I just checked with the Sims 3 and it is listed but not much is said about, I do not know who put it there, as I believe that I was the first to start it in my game and talked about it a lot, so someone put it up as a A-Z challenge.
    You can play it anyway you like, My only rules are that you cannot move out, must have the Loves the Outdoor trait, and only have one child to each generation. boy or girl. in sims 3 I could have all boys, and I liked that. But in Sims 4 you cannot choose, but you can change them to a boy if you want. or you can use the girl. I do have everyone keep the founders last name. so that my Dexter's continue
    You could use it with your survival challenge also.
    I probably should make some rules for it for people.
    I know a few people have asked me about it and have started it. they seem to like it.
    I have recreated my Dexter now in the Sims 4, having Zackary name his child after the original found Dewey and have continued on with this family, I have grown to love them.

About the survival challenge is the idea to wait and get $50.000 before you can start building.
    Sorry for such a long post.

@Evalen Sorry I thought I answered but maybe was not complete in my answer.
    Yes ... the idea is to survive by camping until you have gained the 50K on hand. After that is when you can build your home.
    But the money goal must be met first.
    :blush:
    @Evalen Sorry I thought I answered but maybe was not complete in my answer.
    Yes ... the idea is to survive by camping until you have gained the 50K on hand. After that is when you can build your home.
    But the money goal must be met first.
    :blush:

@EuphorialQueen thanks, very interesting, I just put my sim on the property and he has 0 money right now. So I am off and running. He made a fire, but I am not sure why because he has nothing in his inventory. I guess I 'll send him fishing, I am glad that they can eat the fruit now. But he has no fruit trees, he better get busy. He may not live the week.
    Is there a place that people post who are doing this challenge.

• JadeAmyJadeAmy Posts: 3 New Member
    Hey, I am currently starting up a Sorority Challenge with the Sims 4, it would be fantastic if you could check it out as I really need your help!
    I need as many people as possible to create their very own Big Mama, who will live in the Sorority and hopefully become the next Big Mama themselves and rule the Sorority!!!!

I am currently working on the rules for the LP and will post them ASAP

If you could leave a like and maybe subscribe if you like what you see, that would be great too!!!

Search for: The Sims 4: Sorority Challenge - Big Mama Creations Wanted, my youtube name is :JadeAmy

Is painting allowed.

It's also known as the alphabetacy - an alphabet based legacy - gen 2 kids have names with A up to gen 27 kids having names with Z. From memory, the founder and spouse names don't matter, it's just the kids.

I don't seem to have mentioned it as a variation of the legacy idea though.
  • Snowbird24Snowbird24 Posts: 1 New Member
    I was thinking that there should be more challenges like the sims 3. I also have quite a good idea for one.
  • VondiitaVondiita Posts: 198 Member
    The Hotel Challenge seems really fun, might try that one.

Currently I was doing the Rags to Riches challenge but TheSimSupply (creator of the challenge)
    deleted the page which contained the rules and goals. Now I don't know
    what to do with my saved file :(

Could someone reiterate the rules/goals if they recall?
  • cefthycefthy Posts: 45 Member
    Thanks for adding the Three Little Sims challenge. I love this list, but I have so many challenges going right now that it's a little overwhelming! Could you add the bachelor challenge? I can't post links, but it's on XurbansimsX website.
    “If there's one thing I've learned, it's this: We all want everything to be okay. We don't even wish so much for fantastic or marvelous or outstanding. We will happily settle for okay, because most of the time, okay is enough.”
    ― David Levithan
  • lisa17annlisa17ann Posts: 2,749 Member
    Thanks for the list! I think I might try the bunker challenge! Looks fun. :)
    34921575804_8da1fd7db6_z.jpg

• LoneOnyxStardustLoneOnyxStardust Posts: 397 Member
    Ooh well i really have to try some of these ! :)
    Check out my gallery Origin ID LoneOnyxStardust

• etothepietothepi Posts: 150 Member
    Are we allowed to shamelessly plug our own challenges? If so, mine is the Going Broke challenge, (which i can't post a link to since i'm still a new member.)
    origin: etothepi16

Fighting prescriptivism one English teacher at a time.
    I do what I must, because I can.
    How are you holding up? Because I'm a potato.
    Trying not to die and so far I'm really good at it.
    tumblr_muuwvgDian1rny9ino2_250.gif

• xLovelySimmerxLovelySimmer Posts: 3 New Member
    Is this good? ♥

♦ I have a great idea for a generations Sims 4, Sims 3, Sims 2.

★ Idea is.. There are 3 different generations, 3 different styles. Girly is first, Goth is next, Tomboy is last. Each gen the mother has to give birth with a different baby daddy each time. So the girly’s dad isn’t the same as the goths dad and the goths dad is not the same as the tomboy’s dad.

★ Anyways, The thing is the girly has to love pink and has to wear pink and also has to have a money related trait. Goth has to have a gloomy related trait and always wears black. Tomboy has to have active relative trait and dresses as set example.

★ Okay. The girly gave birth to a goth. The goth slowly takes over the house. The goth gives birth to a tomboy. The tomboy slowly takes over the house.

♦ To me this idea was AMAZING.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top