Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Gurus, how come this world never made it to the final game?

jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
edited February 2015 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
Just curious as it was the world I was most excited for, and all Gameplay from 2013/Early 2014 was shown off in this world only for us to not get it on Release Day;

The-Sims-4-Allows-Ultimate-Creativity-2.png
14913791509_c4a9fd538a_z.jpg
B9Ggri6CUAEzaAJ.png:large

and you can view various screens of them showing of The Sims 4 in this world;
http://www.simsnieuws.nl/2013/09/13/gamescom-2013-bouw-en-koop/

There was even art for it in the Premium Booklet!

I know Guru's can't say much about future content, but can any of the Guru's answer whether it was scrapped or just put on hold for now?
It seems like it was finished (since it was playable) so I don't know why they showed it off only for it to be not in the game.

Just asking because I fell in love with this world, and was one of the reasons I bought the game, since I love Tudor styled locations and I'm HOPING it makes the game eventually. I'm more excited about this than anything else!

@SimGuruBChick‌
@SimGuruRyan‌
@SimGuruGrant
@SimGuruGraham‌
@SimGuruDaniel‌
@SimGuruRiley‌
@SimGuruHolms
@SimGuruZephyr
@SimGuruJohn
@SimGuruSarah
@SimGuruHouts
@SimGuruAzure
@SimGuruMeatball‌
@SimGuruLyndsay‌
@SimGuruJill‌
@SimGuruJim
@SimGuruLakshmi
@SimGuruBatman‌
@SimGuruGoopy‌
@SimGuruRachel‌
@SimGuruRusskii‌
@SimGuruEugi‌
@SimGuruRomeo‌
@SimGuruHolmes‌

and any other Guru that I may have missed (yes I'm desperate) who knows anything. I thought I would tag you all since I don't know who knows what, or which Guru's worked on the worlds.

Comments

• luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Maybe it's destined for an EP or GP someday. Some of that development process has to have started well before basegame release.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • XopaxPaxXopaxPax Posts: 1,769 Member
    edited February 2015
    It's a early version of Willow Creek, both TS2 and TS3 also had early versions of Pleasantview and Sunset Valley, it's common in game development. But i still wonder what happened to the 3D Map of Willow Creek they had.

EDIT: Btw is it me or does this world in the gamescom screens look like it's supposed to be open world?
    tenor.gif
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    Maybe it's destined for an EP or GP someday. Some of that development process has to have started well before basegame release.

Possibly. But they showed off the world in Gamescon 2013 before either Willow Creek or Oasis Springs was announced. Heck, we didn't even know about Oasis Springs until 2 months before the game came out.

It just scares me it was shelved, if it was the first world we saw of the game.
    edited February 2015
    @XopaxPax wrote: »
    It's a early version of Willow Creek, both TS2 and TS3 also had early versions of Pleasantview and Sunset Valley, it's common in game development. But i still wonder what happened to the 3D Map of Willow Creek they had.

It technically wasn't confirmed. People showed one of the SimGuru's on Twitter the early picture of Willow Creek and he confirmed that the image was indeed Willow Creek. Not long after, someone found more images that were similar and the Guru posted "Oh, how far we've come" and it showed pictures of both the Tudor World and Willow Creek. People assumed that they were the same world, based on the tweet.

Also, we had photos of Willow Creek (it didn't have a name of course) and trailers after Gamescon 2013, but they used the Tudor world to show off Gameplay. If it was indeed an early version of Willow Creek, why would they show off an early version of Willow Creek if Willow Creek was finished in Screenshots and the trailer?

And most importantly, it doesn't make sense they made a world completely different to Willow Creek (and judging from the Gameplay Pics, completely finish it), and then completely changed it into what Willow Creek was now.

You could be right, but it doesn't make sense. The early version of Pleasant View was due to a fire, and early Sunset Valley looks VERY close to what it looked like in the final game;

Old_Sunset_Valley.jpg
    BZDbYL0CIAAoh3H.jpg

I don't know, I just want confirmation (hopeful or bad) so I can stop wishing for it xD
    edited February 2015
    EDIT: Btw is it me or does this world in the gamescom screens look like it's supposed to be open world?

The first pic in the last row makes it seem that way, I agree, but this was Gameplay from less than a year before the game launched. I doubt it went from Open to Closed that quickly.
    Off Topic: That pic from sunset valley looks so much better than the final game, there's kids playing in the foundain and a Bird in the statue, there's not even birds in TS3, and that car also looks so cool.
    tenor.gif
    edited February 2015
    Off Topic: That pic from sunset valley looks so much better than the final game, there's kids playing in the foundain and a Bird in the statue, there's not even birds in TS3, and that car also looks so cool.

People reckon The Sims 3 looked better in the final version, but I have to Disagree. The worlds were never this busy in the final game.
    Lots can be busy in The Sims 3, but rarely do I see Sims walking from lot to lot, exploring the world like you can see here. They usually drive to a lot, stay for a bit, and drive home.
  • howsimlishhowsimlish Posts: 709 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    BZDbYL0CIAAoh3H.jpg

I don't know, I just want confirmation (hopeful or bad) so I can stop wishing for it xD
    Look at those TS3 cars though, it looks like what we have in TS4. I never noticed this.

concept.jpg

This is clearly a open world version of Willow Creek.
    tenor.gif

Tbh I'd even accept a Cryptic Post from a Guru at this point :p
    XopaxPax wrote: »
    concept.jpg

That was my theory as well (I made a thread), but people reckon it's just what the Map looked like before the decided to change to to a Cartoon look (which also makes sense).
  • howsimlishhowsimlish Posts: 709 Member
    It does kinda look like a map, or something, it's hard to tell cause the roads are weird.
    howsimlish wrote: »
    It does kinda look like a map, or something, it's hard to tell cause the roads are weird.

The roads are weird probrably because they are still in development, if you notice all these locations in the map are in the game but unconnected.

@jackjack_k but that map in fact is cartoony, the trees are the same from TS4.

tenor.gif
  • SimGuruMeatballSimGuruMeatball Posts: 314 Member
    Throughout the development process of any big game, you create A LOT of different ideas, art, concepts, designs etc. Some of it works, some doesn't, some give good ideas for other things, some get scrapped, some get put on hold, some of it is progression, some we like, some we hate yada yada. Just because we made an image of something doesn't mean that we will, are or was going to use it in the end. There is a lot of really cool stuff in our archives.
    Art Director @ Maxis
    @SimGuruMeatball
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    Throughout the development process of any big game, you create A LOT of different ideas, art, concepts, designs etc. Some of it works, some doesn't, some give good ideas for other things, some get scrapped, some get put on hold, some of it is progression, some we like, some we hate yada yada. Just because we made an image of something doesn't mean that we will, are or was going to use it in the end. There is a lot of really cool stuff in our archives.

@SimGuruMeatball, can we see some of it? :) Perhaps in a "the making of" or trivia segment?
  • haituvahaituva Posts: 266 Member
    Oh, I wish we could have that town, looks pretty! Some countryside with wood and fields, no trains and steamboats, to properly live in would also be nice.

Thanks for responding! Really appreciate it!

I was just hoping since we saw in-game footage of the world, that it had made it further than concept :'(
  • babybunnymeisbabybunnymeis Posts: 78 Member
    edited February 2015
    XopaxPax wrote: »
    concept.jpg

Oh God, I would have loved this so much!!! It could at least look like this in the neighbourhood screen, you know :(
    Now I'm really disappointed... I caught the sadz... :'(

EDIT: With better road systems of course :p
  • GaiaPumaGaiaPuma Posts: 2,278 Member
    haituva wrote: »
    Oh, I wish we could have that town, looks pretty! Some countryside with wood and fields, no trains and steamboats, to properly live in would also be nice.
    Me too sniff. Hope they give us something similar in a countryside/farm/pets EP. We can dream...