Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

BUG: Can't cook

Hi,

Quite often my sims seem to be unable to cook. When I click on the fridge and then an item to cook, it charges me and shows the action in the queue, but then around 1 second later it just disappears. All my sims are hungry but can't cook. Any help?

Comments

• Options
    ErikTheRodErikTheRod Posts: 47 Member
    edited February 2015
    Do your Sims have access to both the fridge and cooking appliance itself (grill, stove, microwave)? If the task is cancelled (removed from queue), you will be refunded the simoleons (§) instantly.

Mind posting a screenshot of your kitchen area?
  • Options
    msarobixmsarobix Posts: 192 Member
    @virginblue4‌ I have had this glitch a number of times. Usually what has worked for me in the past is to clear game cache and then restart the game. Sometimes it starts if you place the refrigerator in a spot that can't be accessed, but even if you move it that doesn't always fix the problem. Clearing the game cache seems to do the trick most of the time.
  • Options
    FigwitFigwit Posts: 1,072 Member
    Yes, unfortunately this bug has been around a long time now. Very annoying. Restarting the game fixes it for me though some people suggest repairing as well.
  • Options
    RudiaroseRudiarose Posts: 891 Member
    I have had the same thing, I save and exit game then reload it. Seems to fix it.
  • Options
    morg1291morg1291 Posts: 22 Member
    I just had the same problem, there is was an issue with the stove...just needed to replace it