Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Any word on when the away actions will be fixed?

Whenever my I have a Sim loaded into any lot other than my home lot and another Sim returns from work or school off screen I cannot select any away actions. In fact those actions aren't even there to select. I cannot have them care for self, build skills, and I can't even bring here. If I travel to any other lot then the away actions return for the Sim at home. This has been like this since the careers update and is disrupting to game play. Is there any word out there on when this is going to be patched? A real gameplay demonstration of what this looks like can be found here:

http://youtu.be/PlWBXtu-QXw?t=21m20s

Basically if I leave the home lot with one of my Sims I have until one of the others gets home from work to play then I have to stop what I'm doing on that lot and either travel to a different lot or just go back home :-(

Comments

• luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • daar1113daar1113 Posts: 45 Member
    Hmm, that isn't exactly what I have going on. So far, at least, my Sims are always playable if I'm loaded into the home lot when they return home from work. They are also playable if I was loaded into a non-home lot then traveled back to the home lot. The frustrating thing is when I'm playing off the home lot I can't just ignore the Sim who returned home off screen. They absolutely WILL NOT care for themselves in that state. If they returned home with low hunger for example their hunger bar just keeps going down until I load back into the home lot and then they auto feed at that point.

This is clearly something that needs to be patched. Repair game has had zero effect on this glitch though repair game has fixed the refrigerator glitch three times for me so far. I was just wondering if there was any news about when it will be fixed. I want to get the new Get to Work expansion when it drops but to be honest I'm very hesitant to install an expansion if this is still happening when that day comes. I mean this is a work related glitch and the expansion is all about going to work so I don't want to make it worse.

The way it works right now with this glitch, if I were playing a Sim as a doctor at the hospital lot and another Sim working a rabbit hole job returns home off screen I would have to leave work early just to get back to my home lot and tell my other Sim to eat some food before the hunger gets worse! That isn't going to be acceptable so I will be refraining from buying the expansion until this glitch is resolved because that is literally gameplay breaking right there, seriously.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    daar1113 wrote: »
    Hmm, that isn't exactly what I have going on. So far, at least, my Sims are always playable if I'm loaded into the home lot when they return home from work. They are also playable if I was loaded into a non-home lot then traveled back to the home lot. The frustrating thing is when I'm playing off the home lot I can't just ignore the Sim who returned home off screen. They absolutely WILL NOT care for themselves in that state. If they returned home with low hunger for example their hunger bar just keeps going down until I load back into the home lot and then they auto feed at that point.

This is clearly something that needs to be patched. Repair game has had zero effect on this glitch though repair game has fixed the refrigerator glitch three times for me so far. I was just wondering if there was any news about when it will be fixed. I want to get the new Get to Work expansion when it drops but to be honest I'm very hesitant to install an expansion if this is still happening when that day comes. I mean this is a work related glitch and the expansion is all about going to work so I don't want to make it worse.

The way it works right now with this glitch, if I were playing a Sim as a doctor at the hospital lot and another Sim working a rabbit hole job returns home off screen I would have to leave work early just to get back to my home lot and tell my other Sim to eat some food before the hunger gets worse! That isn't going to be acceptable so I will be refraining from buying the expansion until this glitch is resolved because that is literally gameplay breaking right there, seriously.

Check that site, though, to see if there is a topic already, or start one. Sometimes the developers pick up on reports there first, plus Crinrict can organize topics to help show them what's happening.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • michelle5182michelle5182 Posts: 49 Member
    Daar - that's the same problem I've been having, exactly.
  • kashelle03kashelle03 Posts: 66 Member
    Me too. If I leave the home lot while a sim is at work, when they return home from work they are uncontrollable until I travel to a new lot.
  • cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member
    this issue has been reported over at AHQ, when they will fix it who knows. I'm thinking it will be priority for March becuase otherwise Gtw will have extra issues.