Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Intel HD 4000 graphics cards

1235...Next

Comments

• ErikTheRodErikTheRod Posts: 47 Member
    > @barbiedollz88 said:
    > Hi I bought the game 17th February, never used cheats or something like that. Initially the game was ok but now some of my houses there was there on the game (I only redecorated the furniture). Two houses is off of their spaces. When I'm with another family I can see some houses in the middle of way and on air! How to fix that? When I restart the game the house is off of their place on the map. Sometimes when I load my family, the house is on right place after some time of game playing it moves off the place.
    >
    > My graphics card is Intel HD Graphics 4000 1024 MB .
    >
    > And well for the first time I've tried to load on ultra settings. Huge mistake, I couldn't even open my game... Crashes and black screen, thought that I be unable to play forever, LOL. Fortunately with patience, I reset the settings and started to work.
    >
    > Now I run on low-medium quality and it's fine. I'm afraid to change it and happen again. :p
    >
    >

Can you post your system specs as well was your OS X version? Be sure that you are running the latest OS X Yosemite 10.10.2 or newer. This seems to fix some of the HD 4000 issues.
  • barbiedollz88barbiedollz88 Posts: 5 New Member
    > @ErikTheRod said:
    > Can you post your system specs as well was your OS X version? Be sure that you are running the latest OS X Yosemite 10.10.2 or newer. This seems to fix some of the HD 4000 issues.

Hi, thank you my system specs:

OS X Yosemite 10.10.2

Macbook Pro 13-inch, Mid 2012

Processor: 2,5 GHz Intel Core i5

Memory: 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics card: Intel HD Graphics 4000 1024 MB

My house is now on place but I'm seeing if it move again.

Thank you :p
  • conday884conday884 Posts: 19 New Member
    Ok. I'll post my specs later but I fixed my issue by turning off laptop mode and when I turned it off I didn't really affect my gameplay, so yeah.
  • BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    Turning off laptop mode definitely fixes the grey/opaque windows, it does however impact on performance and can cause subsequent crashes.
    apple-signature.png
  • sampk8sampk8 Posts: 1 New Member
    I did this, and it worked, but I think it came at a price. My whole computer is so much slower now. Before I did a PRAM (? sorry not sure but it's where you shut down your computer and then restart it holding 4 keys including P + R) I thought my computer was completely dead and unusable. I don't know that it was totally worth it.
    sampk8 wrote: »
    I did this, and it worked, but I think it came at a price. My whole computer is so much slower now. Before I did a PRAM (? sorry not sure but it's where you shut down your computer and then restart it holding 4 keys including P + R) I thought my computer was completely dead and unusable. I don't know that it was totally worth it.

Turning off Laptop Mode in the game is not going to affect your whole computer, just the game. If you want to get back to the default graphics settings for the game just navigate to Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 and drag the Options.ini file to your desktop. The game will create a new one when it starts up.
    apple-signature.png
  • LiviSimsLiviSims Posts: 6 New Member
    > @crinrict said:
    > elinedgg wrote: »
    >
    > I don't mind having to play on low but is there any way that I can reset the video settings without having to go in-game? Because I can't even reach the in-game options right now.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Just move the options.ini file in your documents folder to the desktop. That should reset the options.

I don't understand how you do this though because I do not have anything in my documents folder to do with Sims???
    LiviSims wrote: »
    > @crinrict said:
    > elinedgg wrote: »
    >
    > I don't mind having to play on low but is there any way that I can reset the video settings without having to go in-game? Because I can't even reach the in-game options right now.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Just move the options.ini file in your documents folder to the desktop. That should reset the options.

I don't understand how you do this though because I do not have anything in my documents folder to do with Sims???

Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 > options.ini

apple-signature.png
  • Psychedelia64Psychedelia64 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi, so I have a Mac, and have been thinking about buying this game. I was doing some searching to make sure that my computer could run the game right, and came across this thread. There are obviously some issues, but this thread hasn't been posted on for a while, so I was wondering if any of the issues had been resolved? Basically, I wanted to know if y'all think I should buy the game or not? Thanks

System Specs:
    MacBook Pro (15-inch, Mid 2012)
    Processor 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7
    Memory 4GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    Graphics Intel HD Graphics 4000 1024 MB
    edited August 2015
    Hi, so I have a Mac, and have been thinking about buying this game. I was doing some searching to make sure that my computer could run the game right, and came across this thread. There are obviously some issues, but this thread hasn't been posted on for a while, so I was wondering if any of the issues had been resolved? Basically, I wanted to know if y'all think I should buy the game or not? Thanks

System Specs:
    MacBook Pro (15-inch, Mid 2012)
    Processor 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7
    Memory 4GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    Graphics Intel HD Graphics 4000 1024 MB

The issues with the Intel 4000, specifically the greyed out windows, hasn't been fixed yet. If it ever is the bug thread will be updated to reflect this. You'll be able to play the game, just not on high graphics settings.

Edit - just seen you're on a retina 15" so you have the dedicated NVIDIA 650M graphics? You can play on high :)

apple-signature.png
    In the October 2016 patch EA apparently fixed the opaque windows issue for when windows are placed in pools:
    Laptop mode no longer causes windows placed into the side of a pool to appear opaque.

Can anyone confirm this who has Intel HD 4000 graphics? Do windows now appear normal when placed in a build, not just a pool? The problem wasn't unique to Intel HD 4000 but it was certainly the biggest issue.
    apple-signature.png
  • JessicaKirbyshJessicaKirbysh Posts: 3 New Member
    Hi I have these specs but ive had trouble with a full screen, but windowed screen seems to be doing better Hardware Overview:

Model Name: iMac
    Model Identifier: iMac13,2
    Processor Name: Intel Core i5
    Processor Speed: 2.9 GHz
    Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M
    VRAM (Total): 512 MB

• Nearia35Nearia35 Posts: 522 Member
    edited November 2016
    Hi I have these specs but ive had trouble with a full screen, but windowed screen seems to be doing better Hardware Overview:

Model Name: iMac
    Model Identifier: iMac13,2
    Processor Name: Intel Core i5
    Processor Speed: 2.9 GHz
    Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M
    VRAM (Total): 512 MB

Full screen is more resource intensive because the graphics card has to generate more pixels to fill the screen. If you play at full screen that's, let's say 1920x1080, that's over 2 million pixels that the graphics card has to generate for each frame. 1024x768, for example, is only about 700k pixels - less than half of the larger resolution, so of course each frame is going to generated faster, and thus the game will play better at smaller resolutions :)

The 660M should play the game decently - however, only having 512MB of VRAM is going to hurt performance. By comparison, most modern cards are at least 2GB of VRAM. Unfortunately, there is nothing you can do about your low VRAM.

If there was a more powerful model of your iMac available, you *might* be able to find a kit with a more powerful graphics card to swap out, but it's a lot of work, as you are not supposed to be able to get into your iMac. Also, your iMac may not have a powerful enough power supply to handle a stronger card. Note that you can not use an off-the-shelf graphics card. You have to have one from an iMac, and it should be the same generation to ensure that it physically fits in same location in the machine.
    Playing on an HP Z800: 2x 6-core Intel Xeon X5660s, 48GB RAM, 4GB nVidia GTX 970
    Alienware R4 17: i7 6700HQ, 16GB RAM, 8GB NVidia GTX 1070