Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

- The Sims 4 help, troubleshooting & BUG Thread -

Comments

• BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    whiskisser wrote: »
    hey guys i'm still having trouble trying to get cc in my game - a user here recommended the Unarchiver for unzipping .package files, but when i try to unpack these files (downloaded from TSR) i get a message which says "the contents of the file "[filename]" can not be extracted with this program". Please help! CC is such a huge part of my game! :(

The thread is probably the best place to post about CC:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/816105/will-cc-and-mods-work
    apple-signature.png
  • Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    I'll be honest. I haven't gotten Houses I've downloaded for MTS to work. I've gotten two to show up but the others aren't there. I hate the way lots are packaged in this version. :(
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • LexxaHorrcruxLexxaHorrcrux Posts: 3 New Member
    edited February 2015
    My Sims 4 runs great for about 30 seconds of gamely then it just quits unexpectedly.
    My spec is this:
    Model Name: iMac
    Model Identifier: iMac13,2
    Processor Name: Intel Core i7
    Processor Speed: 3.4 GHz
    Number of Processors: 1
    Total Number of Cores: 4
    L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
    L3 Cache: 8 MB
    Memory: 16 GB
    Boot ROM Version: IM131.010A.B05
    SMC Version (system): 2.11f14
    Serial Number (system): DGKKJ03TDNMP
    Hardware UUID: 6EAE21EE-FC28-5E26-ABAF-0EC4B934CA43

Though I'm not really sure what all of that means. I have CC but only hair and clothes... Not sure how to get round this. It's quite annoying. I got really excited about finally being able to play on mac and now everything just crashed and burned.

Update: I got maybe 5 mins out of it after deleted my save files and starting from scratch. Is this a CC problem? Is it just a bug? When will I be able to play normally :'(
    Post edited by LexxaHorrcrux on
  • Owien1995Owien1995 Posts: 28 New Member
    Hi

i need help .. my sim now he is old and he is poor -_- because he didn't improve in his job ..
    his want to Reach level 2 logic skill and i don't know how reach it .. i read all books about logic skill but he s still level 1 ..

second question how can i make lots of money and buy house ? i don't wan't cheat .. i think it is impossible to have 100000
    Owien1995 wrote: »
    Hi

i need help .. my sim now he is old and he is poor -_- because he didn't improve in his job ..
    his want to Reach level 2 logic skill and i don't know how reach it .. i read all books about logic skill but he s still level 1 ..

second question how can i make lots of money and buy house ? i don't wan't cheat .. i think it is impossible to have 100000

You should also post this in General Discussion:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4

Way more people will see it :)
    apple-signature.png
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Owien1995 wrote: »
    Hi

I agree this should go to General Discussion; I'll look for it there. B)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • LilleyDoeLilleyDoe Posts: 3 New Member
    Hey again, just thought I'd re-post to say that an interesting thing about my Sims game crashing is that it crashes always after a number of seconds ending in 00 (e.g. run-time 800 seconds run time 1700 seconds)... interesting.
  • em.em. Posts: 20 Member
    > @Xalerich said:
    > em. I would upgrade to Yosemite (it's free), it seems like the upgrade fixes a lot of problems with the HD 4000 graphic cards.

I did update to Yosemite and that fixed my CAS issue, but now my game keeps crashing :/
  • SkewedReality04SkewedReality04 Posts: 1,450 Member
    I have lag issues and low FPS compared to TS4 on Bootcamp. I can play on Windows with High settings and 60 FPS but in Mac with Medium setting I get 9 or 12 FPS. Terribly slow and lagged, so sad :(

iMac (21.5 inch, Late 2012)
    2.7 GHz Intel Core i5
    16GB RAM
    NVIDIA GeForge GT640M 512 MB
    OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Official EA DLC: Outdoor Retreat, Holiday Celebration Pack, Up All Night, Animal Hats

Background apps running: Origin, MegaSync and SteelSeries Engine

Anti-virus: None

Few Mods up to date (No script mods) and few CC, only some lamps.

This same thing is happening to me. My game will play well for about an hour, and then. Out of nowhere lag just starts happening. I normally don't have any background apps running besides Orgin. I have a late 2011 iMac with 16gb of ram and my card is a Ati Radeon 6770M, i7 2.4 Intel processor. I played on my Windows side for hours last night and it runs perfect. I don't mind using boot camp, but if I don't have to I would prefer it.

Can you try purging the RAM? Did you ever do this for TS3? It may be a memory leak that's causing this. Make sure you pause your game first then purge. Please report back if it's made a difference.

http://bluebellflora.com/resetting-ram-during-gameplay/

I just did the purge and I noticed that once I had Sims 4 running my entire machine itself was running slow. So something is happening with the game memory I would assume. Once I quit the game everything started running as it normally would. When I did the purge nothing really changed at all. So now we are back to square 1
  • birdmanmamabirdmanmama Posts: 42 Member
    The only problem I'm having is custom content hair shuting down my game
    (origin ID fioral (capital i)
    y4G83bh.gif
    ;) troyler ;)
  • OnlyRivvilOnlyRivvil Posts: 49 Member
    I'm just curious to see if anyone has had issue with the "Cleaning Frenzy" action. When I click it, my sim simply stands there. Manually I must click on the object and select clean for a sim to do anything. I was also wondering if anyone else had certain items vanish only to appear in their family inventory after loading a game. Thanks guys
  • southaltansouthaltan Posts: 152 Member
    My game started crashing tonight... it was also the ONE time i forgot to save so lost a bunch of time. it seems to crash when the kids (3) come home from school.
  • sportgal18sportgal18 Posts: 113 Member
    I don't know if this has been mentioned in a different thread, but thought I'd post it here:
    I just built the first house that I'm happy with in The Sims 4, but when I quit the game and then come back in, random items will be missing sometimes? Like a couple shelves disappeared, a bookcase is gone, some of the clutter and paintings have gone missing. I don't have any custom content yet (although I'm dying to get new walls and bed patterns -- any recommendations?) so I don't know what's going on.
  • lizalexlizalex Posts: 9 New Member
    I have an older mac, would anyone be able to tell me if the game could possibly work on my computer.
    iMac (21.5-inch, Mid 2011)
    2.5 GHz Intel Core i5
    4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
    AMD Radeon HD 6750M 512 MB
    Version 10.10 OS X Yosemite
  • ErikTheRodErikTheRod Posts: 47 Member
    edited February 2015
    > @lizalex said:
    > I have an older mac, would anyone be able to tell me if the game could possibly work on my computer.
    > iMac (21.5-inch, Mid 2011)
    > 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5
    > 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
    > AMD Radeon HD 6750M 512 MB
    > Version 10.10 OS X Yosemite

You should be able to play the game at medium settings. I would recommend 1920x1080 resolution or even 1280x720 if that is too baggy. Also recommend Edge Smoothing OFF at 1920x1080, it helps performance a lot without sacrificing much graphical benefit.
    > @sportgal18 said:
    > I don't know if this has been mentioned in a different thread, but thought I'd post it here:
    > I just built the first house that I'm happy with in The Sims 4, but when I quit the game and then come back in, random items will be missing sometimes? Like a couple shelves disappeared, a bookcase is gone, some of the clutter and paintings have gone missing. I don't have any custom content yet (although I'm dying to get new walls and bed patterns -- any recommendations?) so I don't know what's going on.

That is very strange. Does it seem random or is it more like "the last 5 items I bought have disappeared"? You are 100% sure you have saved your changes before quitting?
    > @LexxaHorrcrux said:
    > My Sims 4 runs great for about 30 seconds of gamely then it just quits unexpectedly.
    > My spec is this:
    > Model Name: iMac
    > Model Identifier: iMac13,2
    > Processor Name: Intel Core i7
    > Processor Speed: 3.4 GHz
    > Number of Processors: 1
    > Total Number of Cores: 4
    > L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
    > L3 Cache: 8 MB
    > Memory: 16 GB
    > Boot ROM Version: IM131.010A.B05
    > SMC Version (system): 2.11f14
    > Serial Number (system): DGKKJ03TDNMP
    > Hardware UUID: 6EAE21EE-FC28-5E26-ABAF-0EC4B934CA43
    >
    > Though I'm not really sure what all of that means. I have CC but only hair and clothes... Not sure how to get round this. It's quite annoying. I got really excited about finally being able to play on mac and now everything just crashed and burned.
    >
    > Update: I got maybe 5 mins out of it after deleted my save files and starting from scratch. Is this a CC problem? Is it just a bug? When will I be able to play normally :'(

Have you tried playing without CC to see if it is more stable? One of the Sims Gurus here posted a couple "known issues" with CC that will be patched soon. It may be the problem, though the good news is that it shouldn't be a problem for long!
  • DennisAlexis84DennisAlexis84 Posts: 79 Member
    I'm happy to say that my game has been running quite well since yesterday, on high settings with edge smoothing off at 1920x1080. The only lag is when I zoom out too far from the house, to get a better view of the neighbourhood but as soon as I zoom back in, the game runs smooth. But at least the game doesn't crash every 20 minute. *knock on wood*

I still can't connect to my Facebook account though, since the game won't let me write the @ in the e-mail address field. :/
    > @DennisAlexis84 said:
    > I'm happy to say that my game has been running quite well since yesterday, on high settings with edge smoothing off at 1920x1080. The only lag is when I zoom out too far from the house, to get a better view of the neighbourhood but as soon as I zoom back in, the game runs smooth. But at least the game doesn't crash every 20 minute. *knock on wood*
    >
    > I still can't connect to my Facebook account though, since the game won't let me write the @ in the e-mail address field. :/

Nice to hear! Mind posting your basic system specs and average FPS? (You can use the "FPS On" cheat via CTRL+SHIFT+C). As for the FB login, haven't really tried it myself, but maybe you could copy/paste the email address in?
    sportgal18 wrote: »
    I don't know if this has been mentioned in a different thread, but thought I'd post it here:
    I just built the first house that I'm happy with in The Sims 4, but when I quit the game and then come back in, random items will be missing sometimes? Like a couple shelves disappeared, a bookcase is gone, some of the clutter and paintings have gone missing. I don't have any custom content yet (although I'm dying to get new walls and bed patterns -- any recommendations?) so I don't know what's going on.

Have you been using the moveobjects on cheat? This is a known glitch with items being too close to each other. Have you checked your inventory to see if they are in there?
    apple-signature.png
    For those with CC issues, you really should post in the CC thread. EA are reading and posting in it so all info is helpful to them. It's linked in the OP but here it is again:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/816105/will-cc-and-mods-work/p1

apple-signature.png
    @BluebellFlora I just had an idea that might help those coming to Sims 4 on Mac. Do you think it would be useful to try and gather up the success stories of Mac gamers here and compile a list of "recommended video settings" for each Mac model?

Namely this would be grouping them by model/GPU and displaying average FPS in CAS/Build/Play modes.
    I must say, the more I play my game (which has only been about 3 hours so far) the more pressure it's putting on my Mac. Randomly the fans are really ramping up every few minutes of gameplay. They've never been this noisy before with any other app I've run, not even TS3 which was a complete resource hog. My Sim isn't doing anything spectacular when this happens, normally just sitting eating or staring into space (which she tends to do an awful lot, she was pausing 10 Sim minutes between mouthfuls of food!).

I am concerned about this and will look into it further. Purging RAM is helping a little but the memory management is much better with TS4 than TS3. It's still leaky though.

Anyone else experiencing this?
    apple-signature.png
    ErikTheRod wrote: »
    @BluebellFlora I just had an idea that might help those coming to Sims 4 on Mac. Do you think it would be useful to try and gather up the success stories of Mac gamers here and compile a list of "recommended video settings" for each Mac model?

Namely this would be grouping them by model/GPU and displaying average FPS in CAS/Build/Play modes.

That's what I was hoping for with this thread. People can look at the list for their graphics card and see what settings others have their game on, and see how it's performing.
    apple-signature.png
    I have lag issues and low FPS compared to TS4 on Bootcamp. I can play on Windows with High settings and 60 FPS but in Mac with Medium setting I get 9 or 12 FPS. Terribly slow and lagged, so sad :(

iMac (21.5 inch, Late 2012)
    2.7 GHz Intel Core i5
    16GB RAM
    NVIDIA GeForge GT640M 512 MB
    OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Official EA DLC: Outdoor Retreat, Holiday Celebration Pack, Up All Night, Animal Hats

Background apps running: Origin, MegaSync and SteelSeries Engine

Anti-virus: None

Few Mods up to date (No script mods) and few CC, only some lamps.

This same thing is happening to me. My game will play well for about an hour, and then. Out of nowhere lag just starts happening. I normally don't have any background apps running besides Orgin. I have a late 2011 iMac with 16gb of ram and my card is a Ati Radeon 6770M, i7 2.4 Intel processor. I played on my Windows side for hours last night and it runs perfect. I don't mind using boot camp, but if I don't have to I would prefer it.

Can you try purging the RAM? Did you ever do this for TS3? It may be a memory leak that's causing this. Make sure you pause your game first then purge. Please report back if it's made a difference.

http://bluebellflora.com/resetting-ram-during-gameplay/

I just did the purge and I noticed that once I had Sims 4 running my entire machine itself was running slow. So something is happening with the game memory I would assume. Once I quit the game everything started running as it normally would. When I did the purge nothing really changed at all. So now we are back to square 1

Yes, it is leaky but nowhere near as bad as TS3 it seems. I am regularly purging but more out of habit I think than anything else! Nothing else on my Mac is slowing down though. I can happily pause the game and use Safari, Mail and other basic apps. In fact, the OS is doing a really good job of killing the CPU usage to TS4 when I switch to another app.
    apple-signature.png