Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Macbook Air mid 2013 Performance?

So I'm a new simmer and relatively clueless when it comes to tech specs. Judging by my Macbook Air's current tech specs, do you guys think I will be able to run TS4? I just don't want to waste the money if it won't work.
Macbook Air (Mid 2013)
OS X Yosemite Version 10.10.2
Processor: 1.3 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory: 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 5000 1536 MB

251 GB Flash Storage, 137.48 GB free of 249.78 GB

Thank you so much to anyone who can help! ♡ Also, if I were to buy the game and install it on this computer only to discover it doesn't work, would I be able to transfer the game to another computer? I'm considering upgrading to a Macbook Pro Retina because it has better specs.

Comments

• ChumchaChumcha Posts: 22 New Member
    getting that exact mac, supposedly tomorrow. so I can let you know then since I already own the game and am curious. I did see a Mac air on a YouTube video last night though and it seemed to play fairly well on medium settings.
  • Ainsley xoAinsley xo Posts: 8 New Member
    Oh awesome, that would be a huge help! Thanks!
    reading around you should be good to go on a steady fps at medium settings. Low settings would especially be very smooth I'm assuming. but I'm hearing even the 11" air from 2013 is good.
    Can confirm it plays great on low-medium settings. Getting 30-late 50's fps with everything on medium except reflections and lights. I'm sure it could be bumped up a little more too, but I like to have really smooth gameplay :blush:
  • Ainsley xoAinsley xo Posts: 8 New Member
    Thanks so much! I just got the game and it looks great! I've only had a little bit of time to play so I've just messed around a bit in CAS, but so far it's running much better {on medium settings} than TS3 ever did for me. I haven't tried adding any custom content yet though, so fingers crossed it'll run just as smoothly after I download some cute custom hair/outfits/decor/etc!
  • StairStephStairSteph Posts: 9 New Member
    I have a Macbook Air that I purchased in early 2014, and the game runs better for me than TS3, too :) ... Then again, I was running it on a crappy PC. The only problem I've had is the CC bug, but I've found a temporary fix that'll tide me over for now. Other than that, I have no complaints.