Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Saves from PC/Bootcamp

I would like to port over some of my saves from the Sims 4 PC/Bootcamp, but I am not ready to delete my Windows/Bootcamp just yet until I have a chance to really play a bit on the MAC side. What I would like to know is there a way to figure out which saves I would like to Port over so I can play them on the MAC side. I could transfer the entire folder, but then if I play some on my MAC side and some on the PC side then the saves won't be the same when and if I decide to delete the Bootcamp.

Any way to pick and choose which saves I bring over?

Comments

• luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    You could skip the .varX files, which are older saves, and you could skip the 0000000001.save file, which is the autosave. Otherwise, the only indicator you have in the Saves folder is the date/time stamp, which might help you remember which savegame is which.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • msarobixmsarobix Posts: 192 Member
    @luthienrising Thanks, wouldn't it be nice if the files showed the names like Sims 3
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    The other thing you could do is wait to move your Sims 4 folder from Boot Camp to the Mac side until right before you delete the partition -- that way you'll know that everything will be up to date.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)