Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writing is the best career... EVER

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    purplexbutterflypurplexbutterfly Posts: 597 Member
    After a break from playing TS4 due to life getting in the way (blah life!!!) I have started a new game and I have just started my sim out as a writer. I'm having her write a ton of books then joining the writer career. I am enjoying it loads so far. In my last game, my sim's son was a painter and he used to make a heap of money from his paintings. I think the writer and painter career are by the best if you want your sim to make money. Good careers to pick if you are a legacy player and intend on leaving your children a lot of money, especially if you want to make money from royalties alone and don't want to send your sim to work so you can write but still hang out with friends and your sims family.
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited February 2015
    qrlcode wrote: »
    The royalties are great but writing seems to take FOREVER.
    Yeah, writing in the game does take forever. Which is why a Simmer must have their sim constantly writing in the game. I know that, that bites because it leaves your sim with very little time to do anything else in the game. But it's the only way a sim can make a decent living on royalties alone in the game. :(

• Options
    IrishSimsloverIrishSimslover Posts: 715 Member
    In TS3 your Sim only gets royalties for a week... And it would take me 2-3 days to finish a book.. In TS4 royalties have so far lasted me over three weeks. Also, I'm completing a book every 1 1/2 days. While working full time... My Sim now makes over 2,000 every day from royalties plus her career. And she isn't even an Adult yet!! What are some other good jobs? I Haven't explored much.

Yes, being a writer is a great career!

Oh, you meant in the Sims... Well, it's a good career there as well ;)

However to your mention of the TS3 royalties system, I think you would get a "check" every sunday at noon for six weeks.
    tumblr_inline_ml9leeQUvj1qz4rgp.jpg