March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Edge Scrolling?

I have turned edge scrolling on and have it on full screen mode, but when I try to zoom in or out it brings up the mac menus at the top like the battery % and time and bottom like the safari etc.

Is anyone else having the same problem?

Comments

• KemaraKemara Posts: 6 New Member
    I'm seeing that too, and yeah, it's annoying. You have to be very careful how far up you move the mouse - keep the magnifying glass showing - or the menu bar shows up. I don't think it's a bug, though, but just how the game was coded for some reason. I do like being able to see how much real-life time I'm wasting, though! :smile:
  • southaltansouthaltan Posts: 152 Member
    That happens with any app that is in Fullscreen mode like Safari or iTunes.
  • slydarslydar Posts: 26 Member
    Yep, same here. The game seems to have been coded to use the "normal" Mac OS X fullscreen mode, which hides the menu bar and dock but has active "hot zones" to show them when you move the mouse to the top or bottom of the screen. This behaviour can be seen in any fullscreen Mac program. It can be suppressed in the fullscreen API, it just looks like Maxis forgot!

Something that really needs to go on the "to fix" list, as it's really annoying and makes edge scrolling kind of a pain.
  • Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    Where can you find that? I really hate it.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    I've just added it to the OP on the stickied help thread :)
    apple-signature.png
  • sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    Yeah I get this too its very annoying. I use the arrow keys.
    WLfAA9V.png