Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mac: Resizing objects

Hey guys!

Is there a different method to resizing objects on a mac compared to PC? I find that when I press the buttons you would on PC, I can't resize my objects (tried multiple different objects) - am I doing something terribly wrong or is there a different key-combination?

Thanks! :D

Comments

• colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    It should be the same key combination.
  • EsnesNommocEsnesNommoc Posts: 1,243 Member
    edited February 2015
    Assuming you haven't enable cheats, you have to enable the cheats first. :) Press Ctrl + Shift + C and type "testingcheats true" then enter. :)
    Then you just hold an object in build mode and press Ctrl+[ to make it smaller or Ctrl+] to make it bigger. :)
  • natashifiednatashified Posts: 3,314 Member
    use command not ctrl
  • > @EsnesNommoc said:
    > Assuming you haven't enable cheats, you have to enable the cheats first. Press Ctrl + Shift + C and type "testingcheats true" then enter.
    > Then you just hold an object in build mode and press Ctrl+[ to make it smaller or Ctrl+] to make it bigger.

Ah, so that's the problem! Didn't think i had to enabled cheats. Thank you so much :)

> @natashified said:
    > use command not ctrl

Yeah. I did - but thanks! :)
  • mr_dreammr_dream Posts: 7 New Member
    OK guys!
    What if I enable cheats (testingcheats true) but I still can't resize objects? I also tried command key...
  • BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    Try Alt + [ or ]

I can actually just use the [ or ] keys and it seems to work.
    apple-signature.png
    It doesn't work either.. any suggestions?
  • AndyBrainsAndyBrains Posts: 218 Member
    So to scale you need to type into the cheats, bb.moveobjects then beside on your keyboard, beside P is [ and ] the ] makes it bigger and then [ makes them smaller. So move items ups you need to hit 9. That should move things for you.
    Check out this tutorial at SimsVIP it's amazing,

http://simsvip.com/2014/12/18/tutorial-using-the-moveobjectson-cheat-in-the-sims-4/
    My game seems to have a mind of it's own. I don't have to type anything into the cheat console, I can just press [ or ] and the item size changes. However, not all objects appear to be resizeable.

The Mega Flower Pot increases fine -
    02-25-15_423c2a0pm-e1424881987265.png

The Patrician sink looks bigger -
    02-25-15_425c2a0pm-e1424882513288.png

When in actual fact it isn't -
    02-25-15_425c2a0pm-2.png

(Sorry about the awful graphics, I'm currently on my ancient iMac). No cheats were entered in the making of those pictures :D

apple-signature.png
    Well, everything it's fine with moveobjects cheats, but makes objects bigger or smaller doesn't work (in every combinations: with shift, command, alt or just [ and ]). I don't know what's wrong but on the same Mac, when I play on Windows platform, resize objects works (when I press Shift). It's very strange..
    mr_dream wrote: »
    Well, everything it's fine with moveobjects cheats, but makes objects bigger or smaller doesn't work (in every combinations: with shift, command, alt or just [ and ]). I don't know what's wrong but on the same Mac, when I play on Windows platform, resize objects works (when I press Shift). It's very strange..

Have you tried multiple objects? Can you try the Mega Flower Pot?

apple-signature.png
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    What keyboard layout do you guys have (country) ?
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

I have polish keyboard layout.
    Do you have to use the ALT key for ] ?
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    AHQ Tutorial

No, I haven't. I tried change to different language (german because that kind of keyboard physically I have) but this combination it didn't work too.
    I know that it doesn't work on the German one, that's why I'm asking. Try the US one.

Do you just have the ] as standalone or do you have to press another key to get it ?
    AHQ Tutorial

edited February 2015
    No no I have not to press another key.
    Weird then. Have you tried the US Keyboard ?
    AHQ Tutorial

• PastelDanPastelDan Posts: 45 Member
    I have a nordic keyboard, wich has ( ) instead of [ ]. How do I resize..?
    OCFGsVj.jpg
    edited February 2015
    It works! Thanks guys for help! :)
  • ZingaroDirvalZingaroDirval Posts: 2 New Member
    edited March 2015
    HI guys! I have a problem, can not resize objects on the sims 4 on my Mac! I have tried all, change the setting on my keyboard from german to US-English, cheats activated and still not working. When doing the commands i just move the objects i want to resize. Any ideas?!
  • The2001SimmerThe2001Simmer Posts: 1 New Member
    Well i know it´s probably to late, but if you want to resize objects using a nordic keyboard you do shift+å to enlarge and ctrl+z to make it smaller again.
  • MarleyTheWizardMarleyTheWizard Posts: 962 Member
    å and z, really? they are so far apart...
    I Sometimes Tweet About The Sims 4
    Gallery ID: MarleyTheWizard
  • Ms_SimsMs_Sims Posts: 1 New Member
    But when I do the "Testingcheat" thing and I do "shift+" it just changes color instead of making it bigger. Help? :'(
    Ms_Sims wrote: »
    But when I do the "Testingcheat" thing and I do "shift+" it just changes color instead of making it bigger. Help? :'(

[ and ]

apple-signature.png