The latest Laundry List is now live! Click here to read more about what to expect over the next weeks.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 2 vs sims 3

Comments

• GoodFairyGoodFairy Posts: 205 Member
    edited February 2015
    bobyo2001 wrote: »
    Anything > the way TS2 sims looked. I hated, hated the way they looked. Their eyes and noses were atrocious. Thank god for cc.
    If you hate TS2 sims, why do you have them as your avatar?
    (*) My Origin-ID GoodFairy684 (*)
    You find my sims in the gallery tagged with #SimsFairy.
  • SeamoanSeamoan Posts: 1,323 Member
    I've always liked the look of TS2 sims better than TS3 sims. I think the main reason is that when you get them out of CAS and into the neighborhood, TS2 sims don't lose anything. They look exactly as detailed as they looked in CAS. In TS3, it always seemed like a waste to bother fiddling with face details because the sim would end up losing 50% of their look once you got out of CAS anyway. Most of my TS3 sims ended up looking very similiar in game, regardless of how big of a nose or chin I tried to give them. In TS2, it was easy to make a hideous, plate faced sim and have it pass on those 🐸🐸🐸🐸 genes from generation to generation. I never could do that in TS3 :(

In fairness, the colors and art style in TS2 has always been more aesthetically pleasing to me than in any other version of the game, I like the muted colors and ability to actually see detail on my sims/objects, so that is going to have an effect on which sims look better in my eyes.
  • Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    I think they both look great with CC. EA made sims tend to look bad in both, but I have seen player made TS3 sims which look great, too. Player made TS2 sims also look much better than EA made ones. They really got a bit out of hand with the noses and mouths on the TS2 premades, some are downright scary.
  • SimatropolisSimatropolis Posts: 286 Member
    GoodFairy wrote: »
    Anything > the way TS2 sims looked. I hated, hated the way they looked. Their eyes and noses were atrocious. Thank god for cc.
    lol, I thought this.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    lol, I thought this.

She said she hated the way they looked originally, without CC, her avi is using tons of CC that's why she likes it :p
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • CourfeyracCourfeyrac Posts: 81 Member
    Neither TS2 or TS3 sims looked great without CC, but I'll always prefer TS2 sims to the weird squishy TS3 sims. IMO, no amount of CC can make TS3 sims look good, whereas for TS2 I've downloaded some custom skin tones (not the weird "realistic" shiny ones, they're Maxis Match but just in more shades) and a bunch of custom face templates. Combine with some Maxis-match CC eyes and you suddenly have the power to make sims that all look different without having to use those weird huge knobbly noses or massive Goopy lips.
    I think the CC talk is a moot point anyway. Every sims game has horrible skins and demon eyes, I don't know anyone that doesn't use default skins or eyes in TS2 or TS3. That's the second thing 99.9% of new players are googling (the first thing is finding the censor remover).

The real difference is in the details. TS2 had better tools for the face, it doesn't matter how many sliders are there in TS3, if you can't make an ugly sim that will stay ugly in the game, what's the point. TS3 had better tools for the body, in TS2 you were stuck with skinny or fat.
    Seamoan wrote: »
    I think the CC talk is a moot point anyway. Every sims game has horrible skins and demon eyes, I don't know anyone that doesn't use default skins or eyes in TS2 or TS3. That's the second thing 99.9% of new players are googling (the first thing is finding the censor remover).

The real difference is in the details. TS2 had better tools for the face, it doesn't matter how many sliders are there in TS3, if you can't make an ugly sim that will stay ugly in the game, what's the point. TS3 had better tools for the body, in TS2 you were stuck with skinny or fat.

True.
  • xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    Because this one has cc? Logic please.
    oh3cjs.jpg

So does this mean you like TS2 sims with CC better than TS3 sims (with CC)?

So does this mean you like TS2 sims with CC better than TS3 sims (with CC)?
    I don't use cc in Sims 3 because I'm fine with the way they look. But I do think my TS2 sims with cc look better than my vanilla TS3 sims.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • sgjosgjo Posts: 110 Member

I don't use cc for skin or eyes in my TS2 game, I like the way they are...but I've always wished for the TS3 body shapes in my TS2 game (TS4 body shapes look pretty good, too) lol

@kati77 - Your avatar rocks with Glitch-y goodness! <3
  • kati77kati77 Posts: 3,146 Member
    sgjo wrote: »

You played it too? Oh, I was just reminiscing it on another thread on Off Topic :) I loved that game. I even ordered that book, I wonder if I'll ever get it!

01-06-18_5-09-41%C2%A0PM_2.png

I don't use cc for skin or eyes in my TS2 game, I like the way they are...but I've always wished for the TS3 body shapes in my TS2 game (TS4 body shapes look pretty good, too) lol

I love TS2 and will praise it until my last days, but I couldn't do those eyes. They aren't quite on the soul-eating level of TS3 eyes, but they are close enough.

I can see using the original skins I guess. They aren't truly awful in either TS2 or TS3, I just love some of the prettier cc skins available and default everything, so the originals don't last long.

We are in agreement about body shapes. I use all the custom ones I can find for TS2 and end up having to spend time creating clothes for them. It's totally worth it though, I love my big TS2 sims :).
  • thesimsfairy47thesimsfairy47 Posts: 6,116 Member
    My thread was moved to memory lane :(
    Sims 5 artstyle poll Here
    monday-to-friday-workweek-graphic.jpg
  • sgjosgjo Posts: 110 Member
    kati77 wrote: »

You played it too? Oh, I was just reminiscing it on another thread on Off Topic :) I loved that game. I even ordered that book, I wonder if I'll ever get it!

Yes! Moved to it along with a bunch of FS friends when FS closed down and would play TS2 during down time at Glitch...sure do miss both of those games!
    Lost all of my saved pics and avi's from both games during a virus attack that left me having to reformat.

Couldn't afford to buy the book (tho I wanted to, badly!!)

Have you contacted anyone to find where your book is?

Always wished I could combine FS, Glitch, TS2 and TS3 to be able to make my perfect TS2 game! lol

• canitbemancanitbeman Posts: 396 Member
    I prefer the Sims 3 over the Sims 2, if only because of Create-a-Style and the open world.
    in7xjb5WX7PIyv2bAPK9om-UpQ6lu50OmTOOMedFkabQlJ6WAblttI-YkjpbwbaMsZYP99rvrxYZYvusuoiZY9kgoOukGZu8miL-x4i5Vjt_4VS982WP32Goc22ldJNMZMCL6b2pKA=w2400
    canitbeman wrote: »
    I prefer the Sims 3 over the Sims 2, if only because of Create-a-Style and the open world.
    Those are the only good points in the sims 3, the sims 2 is better in every other way.
  • canitbemancanitbeman Posts: 396 Member
    canitbeman wrote: »
    Those are the only good points in the sims 3, the sims 2 is better in every other way.
    True, but I did like the Wish system. I liked the fact that not doing them didn't negatively affect your Sims. What I'd like to see is the Wish system, but with Fears (for the people who want their Sims to fail).

in7xjb5WX7PIyv2bAPK9om-UpQ6lu50OmTOOMedFkabQlJ6WAblttI-YkjpbwbaMsZYP99rvrxYZYvusuoiZY9kgoOukGZu8miL-x4i5Vjt_4VS982WP32Goc22ldJNMZMCL6b2pKA=w2400
  • CreamierThanMamiCreamierThanMami Posts: 684 Member
    First post is biased. That's a Sim with a ton of CC. If you didn't have any CC, the Sims 2 Sims were really, ungodly ugly.

Not a great way to start off your thread.
    Fotor0510194637_zps0hyuxnv8.jpg
    If you like my story, contributions to my wishlist are appreciated!
    First post is biased. That's a Sim with a ton of CC. If you didn't have any CC, the Sims 2 Sims were really, ungodly ugly.

I was just sharing my opinion, I wasn't stating facts at all. :)

As for the picture, I have noticed that there are many people comparing sims 3 with cc to sims 4 without cc.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/762322/sims-3-sims-still-look-better/p1

So I thought if I could do the same with the sims 2 people would realise that it is not fair to comparer like that.

Here is a more fair comparison @CreamierThanMami‌ :)

tumblr_mme69eRl2W1rmcu2qo1_400.png

tumblr_myqbwkhg0I1sqehqdo1_400.png
    Hit me, but I still think the Sims 2 sim looks prettier than the Sims 3 one. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Of course, the graphic is a lot better in TS3, but the sims look didn't appeal to me at all. Their faces just always look chubby and the eyes/ nose/ mouth look all the same. I couldn't tell my sims apart in TS3.
    Hit me, but I still think the Sims 2 sim looks prettier than the Sims 3 one. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Of course, the graphic is a lot better in TS3, but the sims look didn't appeal to me at all. Their faces just always look chubby and the eyes/ nose/ mouth look all the same. I couldn't tell my sims apart in TS3.
    I had the same problem, it was very difficult for me to make unique sims :(

I was just sharing my opinion, I wasn't stating facts at all. :)

As for the picture, I have noticed that there are many people comparing sims 3 with cc to sims 4 without cc.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/762322/sims-3-sims-still-look-better/p1

So I thought if I could do the same with the sims 2 people would realise that it is not fair to comparer like that.

Here is a more fair comparison @CreamierThanMami‌ :)

tumblr_mme69eRl2W1rmcu2qo1_400.png

tumblr_myqbwkhg0I1sqehqdo1_400.png
    *burns TS2 sim with fire* :s
    Second thought...
    *also burns TS3 sim with fire*
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • NerdySims99NerdySims99 Posts: 150 Member
    Sims 2 is by far the best in the series, in my opinion of course. ;) And I don't get why so many people think the sims in TS2 are ugly? I thought they looked really good (without CC, I'm not a big fan of Sims 2 sims with CC), the sims in TS3 can look a little scary at times with the soul piercing eyes and I'm just not a fan in general with their faces. Sims 3 is the only Sims game where I like CC in it, it seems to 'fit'. CC in the Sims 2 just seems really out of place to me for some reason.
    "You've gotta be stirring my pasta."