Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 2 vs sims 3

thesimsfairy47thesimsfairy47 Posts: 6,116 Member
Let us all agree that the sims 2 is boss and the sims 3 is the lowly employee, is if sims 2 were Saturn with it's beautiful rings then sims 3 would be Uranus and if sims 2 were a game that got creative tools right and optimal sims 3 would be it's predecessor.

testgirl.jpg

Sims 5 artstyle poll Here
monday-to-friday-workweek-graphic.jpg

Comments

• joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    The sims 2 sim has tons of cc though, the comparison isn't really fair :p

Was just about to say this. Although I am definitely not a fan of TS3 sims, I don't think these pictures are a fair comparison.
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • dixieangel550dixieangel550 Posts: 779 Member
    Sims in sims 2 where so ugly unless you downloaded a bunch of stuff to make them pretty. I had forgotten that till they gave us 2 for free. Still my favorite sims game though
    QPs2LMU.jpg
  • SimatropolisSimatropolis Posts: 286 Member
    I can play the Sims 2 Sims without CC, but I can't 3. Sims 3 Sims with CC look better than Sims 2 Sims with or without CC IMO.
  • thesimsfairy47thesimsfairy47 Posts: 6,116 Member
    @Sigzy05
    @joleaco‌

I used that picture to show that it is not fair to comparer the sims 3 with cc to sims 4 as so many people do that.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited February 2015
    @Sigzy05
    @joleaco‌

I used that picture to show that it is not fair to comparer the sims 3 with cc to sims 4 as so many people do that.

Agreed.

This is one of the farest comparison between games I have ever seen

Bella_Goth%27s_Original_Appearances.png
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    This is what I'm talking about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0af2OVzRHTE
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I completely agree with Sigzy05. Personally I think TS3 sims look much better than TS2.

Here are some of mine from the past.
    The only CC is her contacts.
    10444428_319672071516428_4340814697163339276_n.jpg?oh=be193e6638774505a0583d15e865e85c&oe=5590B643
    And this next picture, this sim did not have any CC on her what so ever.
    577427_165514523598851_857549001_n.jpg?oh=a7f5bd03ff906cf4bde9bbdbd30ba87c&oe=55957940&__gda__=1431855464_7823dcec8211b5a896cb7bd4e4b5ddda
  • joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    @Sigzy05
    @joleaco‌

Oh ok. TS3 sims creep me out usually, but that particular sim in your pic bears a strong resemblance to a friend of mine, so I like it, lol.
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
    @Sigzy05
    @joleaco‌

Agreed.

tumblr_mrkjalIOkL1s9phupo1_500.jpg
  • kati77kati77 Posts: 3,146 Member
    I didn't play TS2 much, but when we got it free I tried it again, and was horrified how ugly the sims were. I had completely forgotten about it. I like the looks of TS3 sims, and I never use CC. But TS4 sims are still even better :)
    01-06-18_5-09-41%C2%A0PM_2.png

• jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member

I think the OP was talking about the game in general, not the Sims.

And The Sims 2 is boss. The Sims 3 is okay, but The Sims 2 is the king.
  • GoodFairyGoodFairy Posts: 205 Member
    edited February 2015
    @Sigzy05
    @joleaco‌

Agreed.

True! I really don't like how TS3 sims look. Still love the look of TS2 sims a lot more. Even and especially without CC.

Btw: When looking at the Bella images, I have to asked, why did they make her so "pale" in this iteration? Did anybody noticed the difference between Cassandra TS4 version and TS2 version? I loved her original look.... well.
    (*) My Origin-ID GoodFairy684 (*)
    You find my sims in the gallery tagged with #SimsFairy.
    GoodFairy wrote: »
    @Sigzy05
    @joleaco‌

Agreed.

True! I really don't like how TS3 sims look. Still love the look of TS2 sims a lot more. Even and especially without CC.

Btw: When looking at the Bella images, I have to asked, why did they make her so "pale" in this iteration? Did anybody noticed the difference between Cassandra TS4 version and TS2 version? I loved her original look.... well.

I noticed that, I wonder why EA did that, probably for the same reason the changed the Caliente family.

latest?cb=20120814165136

latest?cb=20140907112759
  • GoodFairyGoodFairy Posts: 205 Member
    The more I look at these pictures, the more I get the wish to change her in CAS. Did they fix the cas.fulleditmode bug yet? Or will it still cause Bella to be the sister of Mortimer, or Alexander to be the father of Cassandra, or stuff... ?
    (*) My Origin-ID GoodFairy684 (*)
    You find my sims in the gallery tagged with #SimsFairy.
    @GoodFairy‌ I don't think they have fixed it yet :\
    I wish EA made her look like this :disappointed:

BsRsfweCAAAyYKJ.png:large
  • DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    I agree. For a game that was supposed to be 5+ years newer with better graphics etc I always thought the sims themselves looked absolutely awful in TS3.
  • GaiaPumaGaiaPuma Posts: 2,278 Member
    Yep, Sims 3 had the most ugly looking creepy porcelain puffed doll face I ever saw in any game. I prefer Sims 1 to Sims 3 sims argh. I could never get interested in any person in the game to make a couple, they were all so... balloon headed, even the ones with beautiful CC.
  • SimatropolisSimatropolis Posts: 286 Member
    GaiaPuma wrote: »
    Yep, Sims 3 had the most ugly looking creepy porcelain puffed doll face I ever saw in any game. I prefer Sims 1 to Sims 3 sims argh. I could never get interested in any person in the game to make a couple, they were all so... balloon headed, even the ones with beautiful CC.
    I think that's a bit much. I had some gorgeous families in TS3 (with the help of CC).
  • DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    edited February 2015
    GaiaPuma wrote: »

Ha ha ditto. I'd sooner go back to the TS1 sims than have to endure those pudding faces again :)
    It took far too much effort and / or mods to make TS3 sims look like humans and the children? Yeesh...
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited February 2015
    GoodFairy wrote: »
    @Sigzy05
    @joleaco‌

Agreed.

I noticed that, I wonder why EA did that, probably for the same reason the changed the Caliente family.

latest?cb=20120814165136

latest?cb=20140907112759

Why are people who create Sims so afraid to actually make them look like they did in a previous game? I find that very disappointing when people have the talent to do it, they just won't. Example, this picture of Cassandra has a totally different face shape and eye placement than the Cassandra from TS4. Why won't anyone actually give Cassandra in the TS4 a longish face shape like she has in the TS2 and closer placement of her eyes? than the short, squished up round face of this TS4 Cassandra? You know, I guess this is the fault of my art teacher many years ago, who kept telling me 'draw what you see'....over and over that was her advice to me during my two year course with her.

That must have sunk in somehow, because I see the TS2's Sim's face is a total different shape than the Sim in the TS4 as Cassandra. Not picking on anyone, but if people want me to be under the illusion the Sim from a past game is this Sim in the new game, then they are going to have to at least not just make it look like some distant representation, (which could be any other Sims with a different hairstyle) and at least get the face shape, the nose, the brow bone, and the cheeks correct.

But everyone can blame that on my art teacher who helped me win a first prize for all counties in a state competition when drawing a portrait for that state competition. It never left me...draw what you see.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    Anything > the way TS2 sims looked. I hated, hated the way they looked. Their eyes and noses were atrocious. Thank god for cc.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • HagfisherHagfisher Posts: 950 Member
    Sims 3 were a little dead in the eyes but they didn't look bad. I prefer the look of the sims 4 people. Not to mention CAS is much better in sims 4. After awhile the computer generated townies all looked the same. My game only produced overweight dark skinned people with white hair. Sims 2 looks just ugly with the big eyes and... Outdated graphics but they where good for when the game was released.
    125722018d2ffda673d70ee3796940a120b51e40.png