Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We need more patriotic clothing choices

Only females have a vest with red white and blue and I think it has stars on it. We need a tshirt for males as well. My sims celebrate The 4th of July. In TS3 we had the things we needed for 4th of July clothing in CAST. Sadly we don't anymore. I know it's kind of early to be talking about Independance Day but this will give the developers more time to plan.

I'd really like a set as well like a 4th of July teddy bear and a gnome and maybe some red,white and blue flowers for tables. Why were at it why not some Uncle Sam Hats for male and female sims in red,white and blue and with stars on them?

Comments

• GrumpyCatGrumpyCat Posts: 28 Member
    I think modders will make something.

Anyway, personally, I'm against country-specific patriotic holidays stuff and clothing in official releases. The Sims games are sold worldwide, each country has their own equivalents of Independence Day with different color schemes and symbols. Sometimes it can get very controversial and I don't think that the Sims series should be political.

The New Year/Christmas or Valentine's Day stuff is very much mass culture in many places, so this is different.
  • AndygalAndygal Posts: 1,280 Member
    Yeah, I'm Canadian so I don't want a bunch of American patriotic stuff in my game, sorry about that.
  • moniquehmoniqueh Posts: 129 Member
    I 100% agree with Andygal. Not all of us American and it is kind of insulting to the rest of us. You Americans wouldn't like to pay for sims 4 clothing with any other countries flag all over it, so why should we?
  • ChristinaKP1986ChristinaKP1986 Posts: 116 Member
    edited February 2015
    Yeah, I think you forget that this is a game that's played all over the world. And while some americans seem to think it, the USA in fact isn't the whole world. Those of us who live in that whole big world outside the US don't want to spend money on american patriotic wear or have our sims celebrate the american independence day.
    However I'm sure many modders are making CC that's american themed. This is exactly what a modding community is brilliant at. Making things that are too specifically tailored to one group to be included in the official releases. So surely you can easily get your sims dressed up in stars and stripes and their houses decked out in your contrys flag :smile:
  • altad1altad1 Posts: 1,091 Member
    No thanks.
  • howsimlishhowsimlish Posts: 709 Member
    Maybe they'll have a little update for the Fourth of July, but The Sims is set in a fictional nation to break ties between the real world and avoid making other countries feel left out, that's why we have Simlish.
  • sallonesallone Posts: 314 Member
    I can live with american stuff. This game is as American as Hel.l anyways..
    I think non-americans should plead for more non-american stuff.
    Give me Korean stuff!! And by that I mean let me sit or sleep on the floor.
    We know how to sit and sleep without beds and chairs, unlike people of western civilization...
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    Andygal wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm Canadian so I don't want a bunch of American patriotic stuff in my game, sorry about that.

I dunno - a pair of those red-maple-leaf mittens, a few hockey sweaters, and some proper toques wouldn't be so bad ;)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    So long as it's optional content in a separate dl rather than in with a patch. I'm not American so don't need it in my game.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    moniqueh wrote: »
    I 100% agree with Andygal. Not all of us American and it is kind of insulting to the rest of us. You Americans wouldn't like to pay for sims 4 clothing with any other countries flag all over it, so why should we?

Then they could go the origin route and make it free. We're not forced to get content from origin.

• MirichaMiricha Posts: 470 Member
    I'm British, so not interested. Sorry. If they did release something like that, it should be through the free Origin download route, so us non-Americans can avoid it if we want :)
    수리수리마수리 수수리 사바
    my new simblr
    lWAXrDZ.png
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    Hmm.... patriotism... don't get me started on this topic! :#

I'm happy to have content that celebrates different cultural events from around the world, sure! If we were going to get something for 4th of July for CAS I'd hope they'd give us something wearable like stars and stripes Converse style pumps or t-shirts:

354oi8-l.jpg
    img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=19684856
    1612955_fpx.tif?op_sharpen=1
    LEFASHIONBLOG4THFOURTHOFJULYDARIAWERBOWYSTARSSTRIPES.jpg

Not *cringes* tacky sequin dresses or football hats.

Keep patriotism stylish people! :)
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    As long as I can get a shirt like the male has I'll be happy.
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    As long as I can get a shirt like the male has I'll be happy.

It's a nice t-shirt! I'd totally buy it if I saw it in a store. The Beast would get confused about his nationality but at least he'd look stylish. :D
  • Ethan34Ethan34 Posts: 5 New Member
    Most of the rest of the world does not care if you have the flag on clothing but if that is your thing, make some and post it for us to see. Personally I go with the union jack, the queen and the lush green of the countryside Good luck!
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    On the one hand, I'd like to see a "flags of the world" set of shirts or something. On the other, real-world nations interpenetrate The Sims really oddly. I mean, I know TS3 World Adventures specifically gave us destinations in France, Egypt and China... but also the national flag at Sims 3 city halls is an imaginary one of whatever the Sims nation is.

Nationality, like religion, is a tricky thing to be inclusive with. Aside from being on not especially warm terms with my own nation's current foreign or domestic policy, and wouldn't use my national flag on my Sims. There are other nations who have MUCH more interesting flags and if we were going to have that content, I'd like to see a wider variety.
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited July 2019
    As an English person patriotism for me would actually mean having some union jacks in the game ;) overall I like not to have any explicit references to particular countries in the game because I Iike to think there aren’t such countries in ‘Sim-land’
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    edited July 2019
    The thing is we’re all from different countries, and what’s patriotic for one isn’t for another. Now that being said and even though i’m from France, I love stars and stripes stuff (I have a comforter case, t shirts from Old Navy when I visited the USA, pens, a beach towel) so I wouldn’t mind. I pretend my sims are American anyway.
    I love Union Jack items too.
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited July 2019
    Well I'm English and I don't personally want real life flags or the like in my game. I prefer my sims to live in their own world with their own culture and customs that we control/create. I'm happy for things to be based on real life, but such that they remain 'simified' for us all to interpret as we wish. The Sims is enjoyed worldwide after all.
  • Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    I find it kinda funny how patriotic the Americans can get when it comes to a national holiday like Independence Day. Here in Germany, the only time you're allowed to show some kind of patriotism without being looked at weirdly is during sport events like the world cup.

I personally wouldn't mind though, since the sims is so American already and I pretend my sims to be American anyway.
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    edited July 2019
    It would make the game too political and not what I want in the game, personally. Pointing out......

I live in the UK too and if we have the USA flag we should have flags of the world as well. This is a Global game remember. I would prefer more Realm of Magic stuff to come later in the year though - so maybe a cc creator might oblige?

It's a confident country that doesn't mind what is done to its' flag and what it is used for, some have very strict rules (inc. USA). We don't here and are amused at such things as Union Jack toilet paper and loo seats! :)
    Post edited by Simburian on
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    Same here In France. No one puts a flag In front of their house or on their house. The only time when people are patriotic is, as you said, when there’s football games.
    Huiiie_07 wrote: »
    I find it kinda funny how patriotic the Americans can get when it comes to a national holiday like Independence Day. Here in Germany, the only time you're allowed to show some kind of patriotism without being looked at weirdly is during sport events like the world cup.

I personally wouldn't mind though, since the sims is so American already and I pretend my sims to be American anyway.

• RIP-Troika-GamesRIP-Troika-Games Posts: 221 Member
    Not to sound like a plum, but do people check the dates of threads they decide to post on? This one is more than 4 years old! :#
  • Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    I'd prefer that real life country flags not be inserted into my fictional world. I wouldn't mind if there was a made up national holiday and a flag and flag clothing that represented the sim world - so we could add it as a holiday in seasons (national holidays being a universal thing even though we celebrate each of ours in different ways and making a new flag avoids injecting politics into the game arena.
  • SparklyBeccaSparklyBecca Posts: 106 Member
    No sorry, I don't agree. The Sims is fictional and not set in any specific country. I personally don't want any American flags on clothing (which I thought was against the constitution and disrespectful to the flag anyway?) I'm British and I'm saying this as someone with an American boyfriend. I think a few nods here and there to different cultures is fine, but I like the fact that the Sims is not specific which makes it open and accessible to all, rather than favouring a few. I think if you want to download some mods that speak to your wants, then that's fine.