Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Best Sim design? Rate from Worst to Best!

2...Next

Comments

• Gawdfather1Gawdfather1 Posts: 601 Member
    I recently bought Medieval and was blown away at how good it actually is. I really like the art style in 4 though. So it's a toss up of those two with Medieval maybe losing out to the total customization options of the Sims 4 body shapes.
    Banners.jpg
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    Vlaxitov wrote: »
    ejoslin wrote: »
    One big problem I have with Sims 4 sims is just how alike they actually look in game.

Because in reality TS2 and TS4 sims have the worst "pudding face" in the franchise.

For the same reason too.

People complained about TS3 sims not having as much expression but its that expression that makes them all look the same.

Yeah, no.
    There's no pudding face in either S2 or S4. That was a S3 exclusive.
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    jaxie086 wrote: »
    Did they change the design when they went from sims 2 console to sims 2 pets/castaway for console?

Yeah, and no one knows why.

The console/castaway ones were hideous For girls IMO.
  • nathan909090nathan909090 Posts: 124 Member
    edited February 2015
    > @jackjack_k said:
    > jaxie086 wrote: »
    >
    > Did they change the design when they went from sims 2 console to sims 2 pets/castaway for console?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Yeah, and no one knows why.
    >
    > The console/castaway ones were hideous For girls IMO.

Well its because sims 2 console wasn't supposed to be sims 2 console. It was urbz 2 but as most of you know it failed to the reworked it into sims 2 so they probably wanted sims 2 pets to look more like a normal sims game
  • Shadecaster101Shadecaster101 Posts: 1,343 Member
    edited February 2015
    Medieval has the best customization. Then The Sims 3, then The Sims 4, and then The Sims 2. I haven't played the others, but I'd say they're lower than those three. Console games usually offer a lot less.

As for other aspects, I don't like the pudding faces of The Sims 3. I also don't like how all the Sims in The Sims 4 end up with the same face because of that expression that they all do the same (it's creepy). The Sims 2 and The Sims 4 also didn't have CASt.

Medieval did it best. It had CASt, normal looking faces, and extra sliders that I really enjoyed. The age slider (wrinkles) was genius.
    Post edited by Shadecaster101 on
  • ianxziianxzi Posts: 723 Member
    edited February 2015
    Best to worst:
    • Sims 4- Even though it's very unrealistic, it just looks better than the rest.
    • Sims Medieval- It's realistic and it looks good at the same time. The characters look like MMO characters lol.
    • Sims 2- With CC, the sims in this game looked pretty good.
    • Sims 3- Their heads and bodies were so oddly shaped, and there was no way to really fix it. And their facial expressions made them look like they were sucking their teeth most of the time. I enjoyed the game though.
    • Console Games- Gross
    • The Urbz- Honestly ew tf.
    original.gif
  • PixelsSquaredPixelsSquared Posts: 3,265 Member
    edited February 2015
    Most favorite to least favorite: TSM, TS4, TS3, TS2, Console, then Urbz.

TSM has the perfect balance of realism and a cartoon. It's almost like Dragon Age and The Sims mixed together. It would have been perfect. The graphics requirements for TSM weren't too far off from TS3 and TS4 either.
    ypU37gD.gif
    Pricefield forever.
    Time Won't Keep Us Apart - A story.
    MTS: SimsForever15 | Origin: vba152318 | Paradox: PixelsSquared | Simblr: PixelsSquared
  • GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    Sims Medieval looked the best to me. Stylized without being cartoony, slightly realistic without being creepy. I love the whole aesthetic of that game.

After that, I'd probably say that TS4's sims have the nicest overall facial structure, but I like the softness and slightly more realistic tones of TS3's. I wish I could blend the two. TS2's is probably next. I miss the animated hair. :smile:
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • NightmareCandleNightmareCandle Posts: 531 Member
    Medieval
    The Sims 4
    The Sims 3 (salvageable with CC and body slider mods)
    The Sims 2 (looked great when there was just TS1&2 but now it's just...painful)
    The Sims 2 (console)
    Urbz
    ► ♦ 8XGb8hl.gif ♦ ◄
  • Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    I always loved the way my sims looked in TSM. I kind of wish they had done more with that series but winners can't be choosers. I have to say that TS4, then TS3 and TS2. My sims in Console games always looked like a hotmess.com
    1FKDfKj.png
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    TSM and TS3 are tied for my favorite designs, for different reasons. The skin textures looked great in TSM, but the hair was very blocky. TS3 had better hair but worse skin textures. And for all the whining about pudding, I found the faces in TS3 to be easy to manipulate and get a good face out of.

TS4...I don't like the hair. I don't like how the mouth corners on sims curl up. I don't like their expressions. But there is a lot of good in their design. A little more detail in their bodies than TS3's sims had and stuff.

TS2 was better in its time, but without CC, it hasn't aged well and people need to stop pretending that it has. With CC, it can stand up to any of the other games with CC.

Never played any of the console games.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • ENolanENolan Posts: 2,735 Member
    edited February 2015
    Edit: Guess the joke didn't go over well. Or it wasn't seen... Ugh...

To be honest, every game seems to have their strong and weak points, save for TS1, because the simple pixels are never enough to the aesthetically demanding.
    Post edited by ENolan on
  • GoldpuffleGoldpuffle Posts: 1,872 Member
    Wow, I have never really been interested in the Sims Medieval until I saw that photo. As a person who hates Play-doh hair for Sims 4, I am really liking how some Sim Alpha hairs and Sims Medieval make the hair so smooth! I'd say that Medieval has me most intrigued to buy it, comparing to the graphics Sims 4 has.

1. Sims Medieval
    2. Sims 3
    3. Sims 2
    4. Urbz
    5. Sims 4
  • SuRihtanilSuRihtanil Posts: 1,456 Member
    TS2 because when it came out those were cutting edge graphics.
  • AnnePlaysAnnePlays Posts: 2,504 Member
    I really liked TSM Sims' design the best, the skin really fit well with the playdoh hair and it fit the overall theme of the game.
    muscle_gumball_by_vanillycake-d4a9ida.png
  • SimatropolisSimatropolis Posts: 286 Member
    I never saw the attraction with Medieval Sims, they look a bit like a poor quality console game in my opinion. I think 4 is best without CC, but 3 was brilliant with custom skins. I also still like 2.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    SimsTias wrote: »
    Medieval are the best ones.

That's the art design I wished they would've used in TS4, but noo.

Yup, sims in Sims Medival are the best, the perfect balance between realistic and cartoony in my opinion :)
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    Here is my Best to last

The Sims 4 the best
    The Sims Medieval being (tied with 4, but never played but love the look)
    The Sims 3
    The Sims 2
    The sims 1 (loved them when I played, thought they were the greatest)
  • Tarzan0401Tarzan0401 Posts: 24 New Member
    I know this is an old post, but I just want to answer-

The Sims Medieval- This one is the best! They have such realistic faces, none of those stupid large eyes and doll faces, but they still didn't look TOO real.

The Sims 4- It is the second best, they looked beautiful and their bodies were shaped nicely, but they always gave those creepy constant smiles and their hair looks sort of weird like Play Doh

The Sims 2- They have this goofy look to them that fits with the style, unlike TS3, where they have this uncanny valley/doll person look. I like how they smile occasionally, but not all the time like in TS4.

The Sims 3- I would rate this one the worst, except for the fact that it is 3d. The sims never smile or frown, and they look and act like creepy dolls. I played Bella Goth as a child, and she looked like a weird doll and constantly tilted her eyebrows into a contorted puppy face, which looked extremely weird with the large eyes, but didn't smile or frown at all, just gave that blank, mouth-closed stare. Bella is an example of a sim who looks ugly as plum and has terrible slider work and an extremely bad pudding face, but even the nicest looking sims act like her.

The Sims FreePlay- I will count this game since I think most mobile devices can handle more than what it has. (I always hated this game) The sim animations are so lazy that even TS1 beats them, the sims arms dangle unnaturally far from their bodies, and I could list a hundred bad things about this one. The only reason I rated it higher than TS1 is because it is 3d.
    The Sims 1- I know it wouldn't be fair to judge this one for looks, the only reason I rated TS3 higher is because you can get detail on the sims, but TS1 is 2D and they are very low resolution