Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is it that bad?

2...Next

Comments

• SeamoanSeamoan Posts: 1,323 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    Seamoan wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    I miss my family play style, so it isn't very fun for me. Others love it and couldn't care less.

The camera controls are a nightmare though. You'll see for yourself.

The camera controls are fine to me (I use the TS3 camera all the time so... :p )

Yeah. I did too. No bottom edge scrolling = nightmare for me.

There is bottom edge scrolling. I much prefer the camera controls in 4 now that I am used to them, but I admit, I did have to use 3 for a while.

Was it patched in? When I played the free demo, there was no way to scroll from the bottom. I spent an hour trying to find an answer on the internet and all I got was "nope, no bottom edge scrolling in TS4" replies.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I miss my family play style, so it isn't very fun for me. Others love it and couldn't care less.

The camera controls are fine to me (I use the TS3 camera all the time so... :p )

There is bottom edge scrolling. I much prefer the camera controls in 4 now that I am used to them, but I admit, I did have to use 3 for a while.

Was it patched in? When I played the free demo, there was no way to scroll from the bottom. I spent an hour trying to find an answer on the internet and all I got was "nope, no bottom edge scrolling in TS4" replies.

It's always been there. It's just above the UI. If you go in to the UI, it doesn't work.

• jaxie086jaxie086 Posts: 1,920 Member
    edited February 2015
    I completely depends on opinion, OP. For some people, it really is that bad. For others, this is the best game of their whole life...
  • SeamoanSeamoan Posts: 1,323 Member

It's always been there. It's just above the UI. If you go in to the UI, it doesn't work.

Hum. It never worked for me and I played with it quite a bit. Either way, that is way too fussy for me and broke all immersion.
  • Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    It isn't all bad. Some people love it in it's current state and others are disappointed. It takes all sorts to make a community. You would do well to go check some of the Let's Plays on YouTube because it is a totally different game to previous iterations.

EA has done some improvements since the game was launched but there are still things missing which might be deal breakers for you. There are no guarantees we will ever get these items back. It is a pity that you have already bought the game. I really hope it does not turn out to be a disappointment for you and that you enjoy TS4 when you are able to play.
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member

Hum. It never worked for me and I played with it quite a bit. Either way, that is way too fussy for me and broke all immersion.

Let me correct that. It is there when you play full screen. If you play windowed, you have to grab and drag.
  • SimChic1SimChic1 Posts: 3,449 Member
    profanedog wrote: »
    > @Seamoan said:
    > I miss my family play style, so it isn't very fun for me. Others love it and couldn't care less.
    >
    > The camera controls are a nightmare though. You'll see for yourself.

I occasionally play with families. Is this mostly about the missing toddler stage?

This thread smells like fish bait.
    How? That comment of yours seemed like bait in an otherwise calm thread...
  • windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    Well, I'm having a really good time playing it. All through the sims 3, I had to go play the sims 2 b/c I was just not happy with how 3 played for me. As it turned out, I need more active sims than what that game offered. This game does have really active, interesting sims. So, if that's important to you, than you will probably like it just fine.
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited February 2015
    As said already it depends on how you play, there is no customization or any editing tools to make your work your own. and one of the reasons I can't get into this game. If those who love the game that's great and those that dislike it is great as well. :D
    Post edited by Goldmoldar on
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • NADYSOPHIENADYSOPHIE Posts: 356 Member
    The game is not bad, is just missing things, a lot of things. But I belive sims team will put it, with time.

The game mechanism is really nice, is light, fast, beautiful and modern. The new sims are full of personality and life. And i love the game.
    The thing is, is missing a lot of important things that were in old sims games.
    I feel like playing sims 2 again but without the good stuff form sims 2, and I miss somestuff from sims 3 too. But that is the only thing.
    I love the game i just miss things and i belive they will put it because they CAN put it, the game have every door open for them to put it, and i belive they made the game like that with the intention (the thinking) of adding stuff.

I start to play sims 2 again, and i wish so much having sims 2 with the graphics and mechanism of sims 4, i was playing sims 2 and i wish my sims were so alive like sims 4. The only thing of sims 3 that i miss is house boats, mermaids, the plumbots, the night live, vampires and apartments, the beaches, picnics and of course story progression.

And i can survive without open world, sometimes i think is to much loadings but i can survive. I just wanted neighborhoods little bigger and with bigger spaces for houses, because only one house is 50x50, my afraid is the loadings getting bigger with that and with expansions.

I just think the game is borring at first because it doesn't have that much things to do, i played for one month and stoped, and started to played again because they putted the familly tree and now i have a purpose in my game. That is making the biggest familly tree ever XD but i still feel the game is borring, is the same thing over and over again. But I hope and I belive with expansion packs will be better.

And I think you need to compare sims 4 with sims 2 not with sims 3 because they got back to the closed world of sims 2 so, is unfair compare sims 4 with sims 3. But many people want sims 4 open world but that is impossible now. The only thing I think they could make possible is making sims 4 with less loadings, maybe taking out the loading of the same active neighborhood, but even that I belive they don't going to change. So you need to accept the game as being closed world. If you don't accept go back to sims 3.
  • EsnesNommocEsnesNommoc Posts: 1,243 Member
    edited February 2015
    The Sims 4 misses things, The Sims 4 adds new things. :p
    You should decide for yourself, profanedog. :) Just this thread alone has tons of bias comments already ("No." and "Yes."). And however non-bias they try to be it will always sound bias (e.g "If you love family play then The Sims 4 isn't for you." Who gets to decide how family play's supposed to be? or "The Sims 4 has alive and interesting sims than TS3's pudding faces" And who gets to decide what "alive" and "interesting" means?). All and all like others have suggested, you have one day (or two days?) left to make your decision based on Let's Play and whatever it is you feel like basing your decision on. :p
    Think wise, and follow your heat. :blush:
  • tarynkaybtarynkayb Posts: 60 Member
    OS X user playing on Bootcamp and I enjoy it :) The only thing I really miss is toddlers.
  • EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    Yes it is that bad. I don't recommend anyone play this mistake of a game. If you really enjoyed any of the other Sims games, you probably won't enjoy this one.
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member

I use the sim3 camera also, and I use the keyboard to rotate the game and tilt the game up and down, it seems to be much easier to me.
  • IgnitedTobi1IgnitedTobi1 Posts: 926 Member
    No, I personally don't believe it is as bad as others have made it out to be. I'm personally having a lot of fun with the game. However, that's just my opinion.
  • ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    ive been having a blast, but for sure i miss some stuff but i was really done with 3 about a year ago so instead of focusing on what the game doesnt have ive been enjoying discovering its new charm. but thats me :) you have to decide for yourself if you want to play something still very new.

its my first time playing just a base game well now add OR! and im liking it more then i thought i would but again i lowered my expectations, i knew it would have limited features and again its just mostly a base game so i decided before buying it that i would give it a go knowing it wouldn't be perfect. i should also add i was done with 3 because i was way over the bad game engine issues even though my system can play it well and the lack of socializing, two things i dont have to worry about with 4's base, and multitasking is really amazing for the most part. my current biggest issue is stuff breaks wayyyy too much, like really way too much. i need to add the mod that fixes this. i also have issues with camera but i had it worse when i started with 3. my first game with 3 gave me such a headache it made me go back to 2 for 6 months and when i returned i added a camera mod to help with jumping
    Evalen wrote: »

I use the sim3 camera also, and I use the keyboard to rotate the game and tilt the game up and down, it seems to be much easier to me.

oh the keyboard commands help a ton. i did add that camera mod but it didnt hlep much what i did do was reduce how sensitive my mouse and wheel are that made a big difference.
  • AikeikoAikeiko Posts: 158 Member
    Everyone is different. Some people love it, others hate it. I'm in between. It's up to you to make that call.
  • ASDF0716ASDF0716 Posts: 1,703 Member
    There are things I like, there are things I hate.

To me, the game is very boring when you just "play" it. The only way I can play the game for longer than fifteen/twenty minutes is if I set up "stories" in my head and then do everything within my power to manipulate the game to "stage" screenshots- because, in my head I've managed to convince myself that some day I'll create a Sims 4 tumbler t post stories on...
  • AlourraAlourra Posts: 492 Member
    If you go into it with low expectations, you may be pleasantly surprised. There will be things that you won't like or things that irritate you, which is to be expected with any game, but take the time to explore all the shiny new features and focus on what you do like.