Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

meh, dont usually need to ask for help with this...

Cut a long story short, I usually play families with ageing on but I'm really really not feeling it so I'm giving the demigod no ageing a go, the primary sim was a YA female author, she is essentially set, hundreds of thousands in the bank and still living in a starter shack, hardly works at level 10, doesn't have any skills missing I really want her to have, decided to do multiple aspirations and she is on the friendly one, everything but the BFF done and then it hit me, I don't really like what's currently available in the world for BFF's so I made a "new" neighbour to move in, problem is... I have a name and a person but I'll be dammed if I can see their personality, most of the time I have an idea, I see the person behind the avatar but, idk why, I think I'm just kind of drained recently, I've been playing the game to keep my mind of of other things in my life and I haven't really had to use my mind much the last few days.

It wont let me save the sim even as a temp save until I pick traits and I read there was a bug with re-purposed sims retaining old traits if you make a new one from an old one so...

If anyone has a clue looking at her, I went with Moira Clark from my ongoing names list, I felt it fit, other than that, traits and initial aspiration are utterly eluding me right now...

I tired a couple of the random generators but they left me feeling cold, I really would prefer human input, as I say, I've never had this problem before, I always have a feeling for a sims personality when created or born but this time, idk, I have a lot on my mind so if people would be willing to look and suggest it would be appreciated.

Moira-Clark-001_zpsel5tg7fx.png~original

The haste in my request is because the game is tabbed, if I have to I will save her with some 'safe' traits such as cheerful, loves the outdoors etc but I'd really rather not contaminate the sim if possible so when/if my brain ever starts to function again I wont be fighting with previous traits.

Comments

• MikiMiki Posts: 1,692 Member
    You can save her with whatever traits you like, and if you want to change them you can use the cas.fulleditmode "cheat" and drag her back into "the shop" and adjust just about anything, even age. When I made my Sims I clicked the checkmark too soon and they weren't to my liking and I was able to tweak them with that cheat enabled.

They can be "dragged into the shop" as often as you like until you get the end result you're looking for.
  • BadmagicBadmagic Posts: 1,610 Member
    edited January 2015
    @Miki You haven't experienced behaviours from 'old' traits? I thought I read that was an issue with changing and re-saving traits?

edit~ Doesn't matter, I cant risk leaving it running minimised much longer, going to save with some 'safe' stuff till I work it out, the game doesn't crash for me during use but when minimised I don't trust it. Thanks for your input.
    Note:

I hope I am getting the gist of what you're asking, I do not want to waste your time and efforts, but as far as I can see from what you wrote, my reply is:

No I haven't had this issue: But as you wrote above, there has been talk of a "bug".. Bugs seem to effect some people, so you may be experiencing something I haven't.

But when you use the fulleditmode of "edit in CAS" you can change everything about the Sim you pull in there.

People have even pulled in the Reaper and made him a regular character.. and he appeared in their game as such, but the game spawned a new Reaper once someone died.

In essence when you use the fulleditmode cheat you have the ability to remake the entire SIM. They do, however, retain their relationships, accomplishments, and so-forth.

I might be missing the gist of your question but you can start an whole new Sim with the same looks (just duplicate the ones you did before) and they will be an entirely new Sim, even if you make them look identical. Just change the name.
    edited January 2015
    ok thank you for clarifying @Miki , I've not experienced it myself as I read it was a problem around here some time ago so avoided it at all costs, the original reports I read stated if either in game or direct from the library changing a previously saved sims traits within cas the sim would still retain the inherent behaviours of the original sims traits, so, say they were evil, but you made the new one good, they would autonomously use both personalities but, as I say, I've avoided duplicating a previously created sims appearance as a template exactly for that reason in the past but its as good a time as any to test it I guess.
  • cmbaker16cmbaker16 Posts: 9,172 Member
    Looking at the pics I feel she could be outgoing, materialistic & maybe a bookworm?

Her Aspiration could be fortune or perhaps a social one?...

Just my input :D
    Thanks @cmbaker16 , its appreciated, as I say, usually I have some idea but, when I got to that section, I just drew a complete blank.
    Badmagic wrote: »
    ok thank you for clarifying @Miki , I've not experienced it myself as I read it was a problem around here some time ago so avoided it at all costs, the original reports I read stated if either in game or direct from the library changing a previously saved sims traits within cas the sim would still retain the inherent behaviours of the original sims traits, so, say they were evil, but you made the new one good, they would autonomously use both personalities but, as I say, I've avoided duplicating a previously created sims appearance as a template exactly for that reason in the past but its as good a time as any to test it I guess.

Sorry it took me so long to get back to ya..

That might be the case if you edit NPC sims, but then again like I said someone retooled the Reaper.. well, made a sim out of him

Here's another idea, use "save as" before you edit and if it does freak out on you, revert to the saved one you made before editing. This way, while you're still saddled with the original issue, your changes won't ruin anything.

Oh and apologies, you were looking for trait or aspiration suggestions? The pics you show above, in the various outfits, she still has what looks to be a very kind face. I have one of my Sims with the Master of Mischief aspiration.. another with "renaissance Sim"-- For your character I would suggest the latter. make her a quick learner, "playful" and mechanical. The thing with aspirations, you can change those at any time, without cheat mode, and they retain their accomplishments.

These are just my two cents, but the "playful" Sims always start their day, waking up with an adorable laugh. Just the way we'd all love to greet the day.

Just seems to match your Sim's face.
  • 22calprincess22calprincess Posts: 103 Member
    She looks to me like she's ambitious and materialistic but she has a secret geeky side that she hides from the world. Maybe she's a gold digger and likes to hang out with the rich, famous, and fabulous but inside is terrified that if they find out she's a nerd they'll shun her from the elite.